Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
So APPARENTLY. I did not put in 70 for TBZ. I have rectified this situation.

e: Andy and Ewen, get at me, since I wanted to see if you guys were game for getting grilled for a SA tradgames Q&A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

mikeycp posted:

Does anybody here happen to know of any game stores in the Osaka/Kansai area? I found the Yellow Submarine in Namba, but it's just card games...I would love to get some Meikyuu setting books if I can manage

Apparently I'm blind and there is a separate Yellow Submarine for games right next to the card one...

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

I love that Japanese RPG designers didn't get the memo about how you're never supposed to ask players to multiply or divide.

I really hope to one day see Frank Trollman's assessment of this fact.

Frank's brain would explode from the computational strain before he could fire off a rant.

mikeycp posted:

Apparently I'm blind and there is a separate Yellow Submarine for games right next to the card one...

I suspected they'd have a similar set-up to Akihabara but it was only an educated guess so I kept my trap shut.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
That's how it was in Akihabara too??
I feel double stupid now...

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

They're a few blocks apart there, but pretty much.

(ohgod I want to go back to Japan)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Also, was only going to pledge $55 for TBZ, somehow ended up donating $70. My wallet is slightly angry with me...

DiamondSutra
Jun 8, 2012

BUDDHA LASERS!

Cheap Trick posted:

After reading the Penny Arcade article on Tenra Bansho Zero, I want to stat up a robo-geisha.

Did you hear my interview about Tenra over on Yellow Menace? I spend the first 10 minutes talking about "ZOMBIE rear end", the new movie by the director of Robo-Geisha.

http://yellow-menace.com/2012/09/yellow-menace-gamecast-15-tenra-bansho-zero-with-andy-kitkowski/

And indeed you can stat a robo-geisha. I am not even kidding. It's called a "Kijin", and you can go right down to the butt-katanas ("Grudge Blades", although you just have to rewrite "arms" to "butt").

MadRhetoric posted:

I want to see SataSupe, mostly. The world needs a good Yak game.

Satasupe is indeed awesome, except its core system is a little wonky. Its subsystems on becoming bad, karma and obsession are incredible, though.

mikeycp posted:

Does anybody here happen to know of any game stores in the Osaka/Kansai area? I found the Yellow Submarine in Namba, but it's just card games...I would love to get some Meikyuu setting books if I can manage it.
Looks like you found the other YS right down the road. Next time you head to Kobe, there's one there too.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

DiamondSutra posted:

Satasupe is indeed awesome, except its core system is a little wonky. Its subsystems on becoming bad, karma and obsession are incredible, though

Do go on; a core system can be gutted or changed, subsystems can be salvaged and put into other things.

Also holy poo poo new movie by Robo-Geisha mans.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

DiamondSutra posted:

Did you hear my interview about Tenra over on Yellow Menace? I spend the first 10 minutes talking about "ZOMBIE rear end", the new movie by the director of Robo-Geisha.

http://yellow-menace.com/2012/09/yellow-menace-gamecast-15-tenra-bansho-zero-with-andy-kitkowski/

And indeed you can stat a robo-geisha. I am not even kidding. It's called a "Kijin", and you can go right down to the butt-katanas ("Grudge Blades", although you just have to rewrite "arms" to "butt").

How about breast missiles? :v:

Edit: so much for $108k :stare:

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 15, 2012

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

DiamondSutra posted:

Looks like you found the other YS right down the road. Next time you head to Kobe, there's one there too.

Really? Sweet. Maybe they'll have the rest of the Meikyuu cards, or even better, the color ones. Today I bought what I think is an older edition, since it's the black and white ones from the book in card stock, with backs on them. And they were out of the monster set, so I have everything except those.

More exciting though, I grabbed Meikyuu Days, which looks to be the modern high school setting. It looks endlessly amusing.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
And the TBZ kickstarter is over, at 1440% funding! Congratulations to the team. I eagerly look forward to getting my hardcopy.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dammit, it seems my card isn't getting through (I'm using a debit card). Can I still get the $30 tier pledge somehow? I can pay, I checked.

EDIT: Never mind; apparently 'using a different card' (and by that, I mean reentering my car details as a different card :psyduck: ) seems to have worked.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 16, 2012

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Dammit, it seems my card isn't getting through (I'm using a debit card). Can I still get the $30 tier pledge somehow? I can pay, I checked.

EDIT: Never mind; apparently 'using a different card' (and by that, I mean reentering my car details as a different card :psyduck: ) seems to have worked.

I had a similar problem, where one of my credit cards had expired, so I removed it from Amazon and replaced it with the new card. "Transaction declined" with the credit card info... Of the old card, that wasn't even on the list of cards on the account. I blame Amazon being silly.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Congratulations on the successful kickstarter. Now for the long wait... :ohdear:

EDIT: Hope there's enough namespace in the book for all, uh, 1,704 backers. drat.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 17, 2012

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I got hit with the payment hiccup too, but I also had to cancel and reissue my credit card in the interim. Anyone know how long you've got to change your payment information before you're shut out of the pledge?

E: For anyone else with similar problems, word on the internet is that you've got about a week to fix your order.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 17, 2012

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Andy is a cool guy.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Andy is a cool guy.

Heh, so you're the one who bought that.

EDIT:

Also, hey there fellow Bay Area person (East Bay here).

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Andy is a cool guy.

Please take lots of pictures :3:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

Andy is a cool guy.

Be sure to do the Bay Area proud while you're rocking the gently caress out.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Go to a better izakaya than Ippuku, why don't ya.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I'm partial to Hokkaitei myself, but it's local to Gunma with one in Saitama.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Man how come I find out all you fuckers are from the Bay after I move out of SF?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

You knew I was and you still didn't see me very often. :colbert:

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

mikeycp posted:

You knew I was and you still didn't see me very often. :colbert:

You were three hours and $50 away.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

You were three hours and $50 away.

Excuses excuses.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Wow, it's pretty weird the overlap in goons who post in this thread who also live in the Bay Area.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
I have the excuse in having met Ewen a few times and both Mike and I sharing a mutual friend with him.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Potsticker posted:

Wow, it's pretty weird the overlap in goons who post in this thread who also live in the Bay Area.
I'm just surprised because the usual pattern I find is that RPG people on the internet tend to live not less than 300 miles away from me, and often on the other side of the country entirely.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Potsticker posted:

It's not just the posters. It's the lurkers, too.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Chaotic Neutral posted:

It's not just the posters. It's the lurkers, too.

How would people feel about some sort of meetup, then? Expand our social networks with creepy goons other people who share common interests? Are people (who are interested in such a thing) closer to around somewhere like San Jose, Berkeley, or San Mateo? Probably sometime in the middle of October, let's say.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I can do Berkeley.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I wish I was in this "Bay Area" :smith:

Edit: All for a TradGames goon-meet in Japan though

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 18, 2012

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The East Bay wasn't a west-enough coast for me.

People who can make it to The City to do a game-thing, post in the LAN Meet thread about it. The TBZ PDF should be out soon, or there's always Maid. :tohouin:

Potsticker posted:

Japan's closer.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 18, 2012

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

People who can make it to The City to do a game-thing, post in the LAN thread about it. The TBZ PDF should be out soon, or there's always Maid. :tohouin:

What's the LAN thread? I work in the City and would love to not completely hate this god-forsaken shithole.

EDIT: This? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032519&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 18, 2012

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Doc Hawkins posted:

People who can make it to The City to do a game-thing, post in the LAN thread about it. The TBZ PDF should be out soon, or there's always Maid. :tohouin:

I have had EXPERIENCE with Maid but it always involved liquor.

If people would like to get together at some point I'd be happy to provide all different kinds of tea (but its Chinese :ohdear:)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Potsticker posted:

What's the LAN thread? I work in the City and would love to not completely hate this god-forsaken shithole.

EDIT: This? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032519&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

That is indeed the LAN thread. Unfortunately I am an idiot and should have said the Goon Meets thread.

PS: All you hip east bay people have EndGame Oakland, which could pretty much only be a better game store if it was also a bar (instead it is across the street from several).

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

Japan's closer.

I used to be in Japan. :smith:

:unsmith:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hey Ewen when can we expect that GSS kickstarter now that TB0 was ridiculously successful?

It's pretty much a shoe in for my weekly game because the themes involved sound perfect for the kind of one shot storygames I like to run these days.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm down for getting my rear end back down to the Bay to play some Japanese elfgames!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
If some kind of Bay Area TG goon meetup thing happens I can run a demo game of GSS. On the one hand as written the game caps out at 4 players, but on the other hand unlike Maid RPG I don't have to go lie down after. I'll bring Channel A (the card game I've been working on) too.

Kwyndig posted:

Hey Ewen when can we expect that GSS kickstarter now that TB0 was ridiculously successful?

It's pretty much a shoe in for my weekly game because the themes involved sound perfect for the kind of one shot storygames I like to run these days.
I want to launch the Kickstarter within the next two weeks, but I want to make sure everything is properly ready too. Right now we're trying to finalize the layout and figure out costs so we can properly set up the Kickstarter goals and rewards.

(Which reminds me, I have like three people to go harass to get things done...)

• Locked thread