Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.
So is Louis CK guesting because Sutter asked or because the network asked? Because if the network wants guest spots for stars from other FX shows...Bring on Mac from Sunny, he'd be the best Son ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cluricaun posted:

So is Louis CK guesting because Sutter asked or because the network asked? Because if the network wants guest spots for stars from other FX shows...Bring on Mac from Sunny, he'd be the best Son ever.

No no no Force him to have Timothy Olyphant on the show

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

bobkatt013 posted:

No no no Force him to have Timothy Olyphant on the show

Yes, nevermind Sunny. This. This would instantly redeem all of the sins of the Sons. Gonna have go get Walton Goggins too. If those two were the bad guys of the last season there will be no trace of the Sons left on the planet.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm unironically hoping the Justified and SoA universe manages to collide and Raylan gets relocated to Charming and ends up shooting and killing all of the Sons. Then Art is like NOW RAYLAN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. GIVE ME YOUR GUN. *gets it back next episode*

Fin.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

vyst posted:

I'm unironically hoping the Justified and SoA universe manages to collide and Raylan gets relocated to Charming and ends up shooting and killing all of the Sons. Then Art is like NOW RAYLAN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. GIVE ME YOUR GUN. *gets it back next episode*

Fin.

Hey now, Raylan Givens has no interest in shitkicker-on-shitkicker crime.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
Raylan killing all of the Sons in a massive shootout would be the best. Full Stop. Series finale for this show ever.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Fat Ogre posted:

Raylan killing all of the Sons in a massive shootout would be the best. Full Stop. Series finale for this show ever.

I'd settle for Ray just gunning down Clay. Maybe putting Jax in a wheelchair.

:corsair: *Brorolls out of the room*

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

They should have had Louis CK on last season so he could tell Opie "Your father is dead".

William Munny
Aug 16, 2005
He should have armed himself if he was goin' to decorate his establishment with my friend.
After Tig's daughter died, what was the guy who climbed into the pit saying about "a few more hours" or something?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

William Munny posted:

After Tig's daughter died, what was the guy who climbed into the pit saying about "a few more hours" or something?

He was talking about how long it was gonna take to "clean" (dispose of) the bodies.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Cluricaun posted:

Bring on Mac from Sunny, he'd be the best Son ever.

HEYOOOOOOOO WHAT'S UP BITCHES

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Time travelling Pullo and Vorenus would be the best nomads

"Opie, formation!"

Tig: I have simpler tastes. I like to kill my enemies, take their meth and enjoy their women. That's it. Why tie yourself to one? Where's the flavor? Where's the joy?
Vorenus: Tig, when is the last time you had a woman who wasn't crying or wanting payment?

niethan fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 14, 2012

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Ghostpilot posted:

LouisCK As the head of the Mexican cartels. :v:

And if you know Louis, this is far more plausible than you'd think.

This makes perfect sense because most of the real life cartel leaders we've seen so far look like self hating, apathetic, depressed goons.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Ghostnuke posted:

HEYOOOOOOOO WHAT'S UP BITCHES

"The Gang Gets Patched In" would be the best crossover episode on TV.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they don't feel the need to make Louis C.K overtly funny. Everyone in this show plays it totally straight, and the contrast between that fact and the bad writing and general ridiculousness of the whole thing makes it unintentionally hilarious. I want him to be a stone cold egotistical psychopath.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Doobie Keebler posted:

If by patched in you mean "beaten to death with socket wrenches", yeah.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
The McPoyle chick would make a fine crow eater.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Sardonic Adonis posted:

I would love Kurt Sutter forever if Lindsay Lohan was a crow eater.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Doobie Keebler posted:

GUYS WAIT UP, I JUST NEED TO PUT ON MY DUSTER.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sardonic Adonis posted:

For the record, I'm into it.

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
I thought Kim Coates acting was pretty good and subtle. The screaming like a maniac and tugging at the chains thing some people want to see throughout the whole scene would have been stupid over acting. This is a guy who knows he's helpless and is shocked and horrified at watching his daughter there. You saw rage, panic, and denial then the last ditch effort at begging for mercy to the guy about to do the deed.

Kurt Sutter also took Tarantino in Pulp Fiction quite literally and put in a dead ****** storage into his show.

Kurt Sutter rules. gently caress the haters.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Modus Operandi posted:

I thought Kim Coates acting was pretty good and subtle. The screaming like a maniac and tugging at the chains thing some people want to see throughout the whole scene would have been stupid over acting. This is a guy who knows he's helpless and is shocked and horrified at watching his daughter there. You saw rage, panic, and denial then the last ditch effort at begging for mercy to the guy about to do the deed.

Kurt Sutter also took Tarantino in Pulp Fiction quite literally and put in a dead ****** storage into his show.

Kurt Sutter rules. gently caress the haters.

Are you Kurt Sutter?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Everyone gets they were going for this understated with the acting. The problem was Chibs reading as bored/disinterested, basically any terrible miscommunication of understated with the most comical of outcomes.

Whoever directed that episode sucks.

Azure_Horizon posted:

Are you Kurt Sutter?

A good question based on content, but we all know Sutter would never use asterisks to block out "friend of the family".

And would have called it "oval office" storage too.

EvilTobaccoExec fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 16, 2012

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Whoever directed that episode sucks.

It's actually directed by the show's main director, Paris Barclay, a veteran director whose done stuff ranging from NYPD Blue to The Shield. The fact that even he can't be bothered to put in the effort isn't a good sign.

I do like that Sutter had Pope murder Tig's daughter in the most brutal and painful way imaginable, lest we forget who exactly we're suppose to root for in this fight. After all it was the Sons that started this war by accidentally killing a woman in an unprovoked attack that was based on a lie. But who needs a silly thing like moral ambiguity?

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 17, 2012

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
Sutter's habit of making sure that his pet "soft" racist gang is pitted against rivals so depraved that the audience can't help but root for the Sons is both overdone and boring. The Shield worked in part because, especially by the end, it wasn't just unclear who was worse, the Strike Team or its opponents, but that often it was unquestionably the former.

Then again, Sutter has clearly lost all perspective on his characters, which probably was evident as soon as he cast himself as Big Otto but really took root last season, but really made itself clear in Sutter's blog.

Kurt Sutter posted:

We delve into the delicate why’s and how’s of this racial bi-law later in the season, but it was one of those odd, historical barriers that I’ve wanted to explore. It’s a throwback to a different era that is still in practice today. I can honestly say that none of the guys I know in the life are racist, yet they function within a structure that is built upon a form of segregation.

I mean, come on.

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

The Warszawa posted:

I mean, come on.

That actually makes sense, I suppose he means that they're not racist in a way where it's something that the club promotes or works towards but most OMC charters specify that the members have to be white males which is most likely a prison thing.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Cluricaun posted:

That actually makes sense, I suppose he means that they're not racist in a way where it's something that the club promotes or works towards but most OMC charters specify that the members have to be white males which is most likely a prison thing.

I guess the point is that that's pretty drat racist, even without invoking Desmond Tutu's adage on neutrality. What Sutter probably means is that they aren't going around saying "friend of the family" this and "spic" that (or, based on the dialogue in SOA, they are and Sutter doesn't find that to be "genuine" racism), but that's a laughably childish conception of racism.

None of this would've have come up if Sutter hadn't tried to half-rear end a race plot into last season, but he did (and he botched it hard).

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Are they ever going to bring back that Aryan skin head dude that hasn't yet been killed off by either the Sons or fire?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

hatelull posted:

Are they ever going to bring back that Aryan skin head dude that hasn't yet been killed off by either the Sons or fire?

Oh man, I forgot all about that guy.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Didn't Darby retire after being burned and left for dead by Weston?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

suboptimal posted:

Didn't Darby retire after being burned and left for dead by Weston?

Yeah, if I remember correctly he became disillusioned with the whole Aryan Brotherhood thing when they didn't actually give a gently caress about him or the cause. He got out of the game.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
(I think?) we last saw Darby in season 3 when Jacob Hale paid him to intimidate the old guy who owned the boxing gym. He couldn't get the job done and told Hale to gently caress off (who subsequently hired Salazar to do it).

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Didn't he get Tara in trouble for turning a bunch of prescription drugs over to a backwater clinic?

I just wonder if they'll pull him out of the woodwork or not.

Also, can anyone refresh my memory as to the WTF from last season? I remember that the kooky fed and the sherrif pushed tagging this for the benefit of people still catching up to the end of Season 3 hard on Otto and when they had him convinced that Bobby Elvis either got Luann killed, banged Luann, or didn't kill the dude that banged Luann he implicated Bobby and everyone else. Or something. Then poo poo HAPPENS and bobby is in jail, Otto says some words, and it all looks dire for our motorcycle bros. The MORE poo poo HAPPENS and it all gets reset.

I remember the cartel dudes actually being Feds, and they explained as much in the season premier. Although, I can never remember if Machete and his buddy were Cartel dudes that got handed badges by the Feds or if they were just really deep undercover guys. However, all that other stuff and the end of last season is just a hazy alcoholic blur for me.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

hatelull posted:

Also, can anyone refresh my memory as to the WTF from last season? I remember that the kooky fed and the sherrif pushed tagging this for the benefit of people still catching up to the end of Season 3 hard on Otto and when they had him convinced that Bobby Elvis either got Luann killed, banged Luann, or didn't kill the dude that banged Luann he implicated Bobby and everyone else. Or something. Then poo poo HAPPENS and bobby is in jail, Otto says some words, and it all looks dire for our motorcycle bros. The MORE poo poo HAPPENS and it all gets reset.

I remember the cartel dudes actually being Feds, and they explained as much in the season premier. Although, I can never remember if Machete and his buddy were Cartel dudes that got handed badges by the Feds or if they were just really deep undercover guys. However, all that other stuff and the end of last season is just a hazy alcoholic blur for me.

They are legitimate cartel guys being backed by the CIA. You didn't miss much. Absolutely everything bad that the Sons had coming to them was put to an end by the CIA bullshit.

Also, Tara accepts her role as chief old lady during a final scene with some really heavy handed symbolism. That's about it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

JohnSherman posted:

They are legitimate cartel guys being backed by the CIA. You didn't miss much. Absolutely everything bad that the Sons had coming to them was put to an end by the CIA bullshit.

Also, Tara accepts her role as chief old lady during a final scene with some really heavy handed symbolism. That's about it.

They flashed National Clandestine Service badges, which suggests that they are in fact CIA officers, not just cartel guys with great connections.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

suboptimal posted:

They flashed National Clandestine Service badges, which suggests that they are in fact CIA officers, not just cartel guys with great connections.

Oh, nice catch.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Time to watch the crow fly into the pimp's whorehouse.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

suboptimal posted:

Not only did Machete and Aceveda flash their badges, they proceeded to lay down the entire scheme to a federal prosecutor, a cop, and a convicted felon with ties to an overseas terrorist organization instead of having their bosses quietly quash the whole thing from DC. Great operational security there boys.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Man Tig looks broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 26, 2012

• Locked thread