Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

What? No, I mean is it like "11 bps" or something like that?

oh derp, I misread and thought you were commenting on the post above you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

JayKay posted:

I'm level 37, beaten the game repeatedly, played with friends on TVHM yet I'm still stuck on a level 20ish normal mission when I try to launch my own game. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Try and play through the main story quest a little bit. I know one time I got ahead in someone elses game and came back several quests back. After continuing for an objective or two it asked me if I wanted to skip forward to where I had made it in previous games.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Broken Cog posted:

...I just figured out why the name of the Hyperion Ring of Slaughter arena, Ore Chasm, was bothering me so much.

Damnit Moxxi!

One darkly great line from the loader you get the missions from: Every sexual pun I speak is like the pain of a thousand needles entering my mind.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Redjakk posted:

Is there something weird about how some weapon price values calculate?
I swear it must be something with assault rifles specifically, because I can get a crappy green assault rifle out of the slot machines and it'll pay for the previous dozen or so spins by itself regardless of level.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Redjakk posted:

Is there something weird about how some weapon price values calculate? I just found this Jakobs Rifle last night and it's amazing but not like, unbelievably better than the Torgue Gatling rifle it replaced. The price on it though. I haven't even found a weapon with a third of the dollar value of this one up until now. It's only level 38 and it's worth more than the level 50 Legendary class mod that someone posted a couple pages back.

I think I recall someone saying grenade firing jakobs tend to have a higher value for whatever reason. Something to do with the explosive high rof, maybe? Or maybe it's just some glitch in the coding. Also, I could be remembering wrong.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Redjakk posted:

Is there something weird about how some weapon price values calculate? I just found this Jakobs Rifle last night and it's amazing but not like, unbelievably better than the Torgue Gatling rifle it replaced. The price on it though. I haven't even found a weapon with a third of the dollar value of this one up until now. It's only level 38 and it's worth more than the level 50 Legendary class mod that someone posted a couple pages back.

Well, it's because Jakobs guns are classy as gently caress. Gold trim and high quality wood aren't cheap you know. Also, 20th century car rims are hard to find in the future.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 4, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

graybook posted:

One darkly great line from the loader you get the missions from: Every sexual pun I speak is like the pain of a thousand needles entering my mind.

Speaking of puns, I love Moxxi's line in Mordecai's booze quest. "I'm so angry I can't even think of a sexy innuendo right now!"

And I'm so glad "Tiger growl" was kept in from Knoxx's DLC.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It's probably just more expensive...like, just because.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Pollyanna posted:

It's probably just more expensive...like, just because.

If it cost more than one dollar, you weren't buying a Jakobs.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I keep killing BNK3R trying to get that drat rare Siren helmet but it just will not give it up! How bad are the rare head drops in this game, if anyone else has farmed some?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Try and play through the main story quest a little bit. I know one time I got ahead in someone elses game and came back several quests back. After continuing for an objective or two it asked me if I wanted to skip forward to where I had made it in previous games.

Awesome, this did it. I turned in 1 mission, gave the option to skip, did it. Turned in the 2nd mission and it gave another option to skip and then to TVHM.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
I just had a quest item fly off of the map. It was part of some quest involving auto parts. Just as I blew up a jeep, the driver decided to drive off a cliff. The minimap shows it as laying somewhere out in the netherworld. What can I do?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Noni posted:

I just had a quest item fly off of the map. It was part of some quest involving auto parts. Just as I blew up a jeep, the driver decided to drive off a cliff. The minimap shows it as laying somewhere out in the netherworld. What can I do?

If its a dust quest just find another car and blow it up. If there are no more cars just leave the area and come back and it should despawn, but you can have more than the set number of quest objects on the ground at the same time.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Noni posted:

In my opinion the best thing to do is just to let the matchmaker find an open game for you. Most of the time it pairs you with someone who is at or around the same quest you're on.

I've done this a couple of times to jump ahead in quest chains I didn't want to replay.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Noni posted:

Just quit and reload. All the technicals will have respawned but your progress will be saved.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They ever put out another working shift code? Still waiting.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Philthy posted:

They ever put out another working shift code? Still waiting.

There was one a few pages ago, it seems that it already expired.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I think I recall someone saying grenade firing jakobs tend to have a higher value for whatever reason. Something to do with the explosive high rof, maybe? Or maybe it's just some glitch in the coding. Also, I could be remembering wrong.

All grenade/rocket ARs have a much higher value. Probably because they kick so much rear end. Currently using a rocket-launching AR with a 33 shot clip, uses 2 rounds per shot, and has a RoF of 5.4 so it carpets enemies in explosions. :hellyeah:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I keep killing BNK3R trying to get that drat rare Siren helmet but it just will not give it up! How bad are the rare head drops in this game, if anyone else has farmed some?

I killed that boss at least 50 times, probably quite a bit more, and had two Axton heads drop and no others. The drop rates aren't spectacular, and I ended up just trading for the Maya one.

Sii
Apr 8, 2009
I have a kind of complex question and the reason I want to find an answer is so that I can go back to livestreaming to the three people with less of a life than me.

I only have one monitor so my setup is done by playing a game in "fullscreen windowed" mode while keeping a pop out of the chat window always on top. While playing BL2, I've noticed that the mouse cursor isn't locked to the center of the screen, just made invisible while in first person. That means that I could be turning to shoot an enemy and accidentally click on the chat window, leaving me to eat face while shouting obscenities. Can anyone help me find a way to lock the mouse cursor while in first person, but unlock while in menus?

fake edit: An hour of google fu has left me with no answers.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Sii posted:

I have a kind of complex question and the reason I want to find an answer is so that I can go back to livestreaming to the three people with less of a life than me.

I only have one monitor so my setup is done by playing a game in "fullscreen windowed" mode while keeping a pop out of the chat window always on top. While playing BL2, I've noticed that the mouse cursor isn't locked to the center of the screen, just made invisible while in first person. That means that I could be turning to shoot an enemy and accidentally click on the chat window, leaving me to eat face while shouting obscenities. Can anyone help me find a way to lock the mouse cursor while in first person, but unlock while in menus?

fake edit: An hour of google fu has left me with no answers.

Swap Screen is the perfect program for you.

Sii
Apr 8, 2009

Coughing Hobo posted:

Swap Screen is the perfect program for you.

At first glance, it looks like that will help me if I had two monitors, but I only have one. It seems like the cursor options only modify how (or if) the mouse cursor transfers between two screens instead of easily locking/unlocking the mouse in place.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, thank you very much for jumping in and helping me so quickly

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Red-Eye is easily the best Zer0 skin. I'm using it with the Punk helmet, but you get the idea..

So, I'm 45. I had one key, and I got the key from earlier and used it immediately, and I got 2 pretty okay pistols.. One wasn't quite as good as what I had, the other had a bigger clip and burst fire while zoomed, so it was fine. I had to log out and help the wife with something, and I logged back in, TOTALLY forgetting that I had just used a key, and I used the chest again. :doh: To make matters worse, I got 2 MORE loving pistols. One was actually a semi-upgrade in that the damage was only a little lower, but all the other stats were higher and it had zoom. The other one was crap. But, it essentially nullified my first open for the night. :smith: Goddamn, I hope they throw around some keys this weekend so I can replenish my supply.

At least it wasn't lovely Relics again.

Sii
Apr 8, 2009

TShields posted:

So, I'm 45. I had one key, and I got the key from earlier and used it immediately, and I got 2 pretty okay pistols.. One wasn't quite as good as what I had, the other had a bigger clip and burst fire while zoomed, so it was fine. I had to log out and help the wife with something, and I logged back in, TOTALLY forgetting that I had just used a key, and I used the chest again. :doh: To make matters worse, I got 2 MORE loving pistols. One was actually a semi-upgrade in that the damage was only a little lower, but all the other stats were higher and it had zoom. The other one was crap. But, it essentially nullified my first open for the night. :smith: Goddamn, I hope they throw around some keys this weekend so I can replenish my supply.

At least it wasn't lovely Relics again.

If you need some more keys, you are welcomed to join my game. I'm level 45 and rummaging through the chest right now.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Finally beat the game, anyone else disappointed there was no epic Butt Stallion fight? I don't really care much about the fight itself, I just want a sweet slow motion intro that says BUTT STALLION. Maybe in a DLC?

RE Yahtzee chat, I enjoy his "reviews" and find them mostly entertaining but useful as well. My approach is I know he'll harp on the worst parts of the game. If those things sound like the sort of flaws that wouldn't bother me too much then great. I did seriously disagree with his comment about all the enemies were the same this time. He was 100% right about that in the first game, to the point where my friends and I started calling it the "Murder Jason Vorhes(sp) game", but this time it feels like there's a ton of variety, and I love fighting robots and blowing their arms off this time.

As far as him reviewing games he knows he won't like, he's been quoted as saying "People constantly beg me to review their favorite game. Sometimes I do just to punish them for it."

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

counterfeitsaint posted:

Finally beat the game, anyone else disappointed there was no epic Butt Stallion fight? I don't really care much about the fight itself, I just want a sweet slow motion intro that says BUTT STALLION. Maybe in a DLC?

Hoping more for a new vehicle really.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I want it to be just like the Gennkimobile but a diamond horse head instead of a cat.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Drop rates for heads are incredibly low, with most being purple level rarity. For some context, it was more than two hours before I got Henry's Axton head to drop, and he's 10 seconds away from the spawn. Add on the fact that they have a chance of dropping any of the 4 class heads and you could be farming for a long time. I started trying some skin/head farming (Bunker and Son of Mothrakk), but the long trek from your spawn point gets old pretty fast. Your best bet would be to trade for it if you can find someone who does have it (not a lot of trading going on in the PC version, though). Personally I'm hoping someone gets an editor working that allows us to just unlock them...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dj Meow Mix posted:

As long as you can use them in the main game.

I really hope that the DLC is better integrates into the base game this time round.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I think the two things I want most in DLC is adding more weapon categories for manufacturers (so stuff like Dahl and Valdof shotguns, Torgue snipers and such) and them splitting LMGs off into its own category because MGs are hella rad and it would give Vladof to make a gun with even more barrels.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

fivegears4reverse posted:

Do you play Axton? At all? He's far more offensive-minded than Roland ever was, even at his best, maxed out, with the best guns available. His turret's primary utility came from being a field medic addon that also came with a mediocre character with middling damage capability compared to Mordecai or Lilith (especially Lilith).

Here's a fun fact: it was actually Brick who had the highest possible DPS in Borderlands 1. His problem was just being extremely gear-dependent.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kessel posted:

Jesper Kyd is a fantastic composer. I was really bummed when it was announced he was leaving the Assassin's Creed series, because a lot of the atmosphere in that game was built up by his wonderful ambient tracks.

One of the best tracks from BL2 isn't on the official soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gCavzfbo2I

Listen carefully to the way he uses one of the OST's main motifs at the start of the track, very softly, and then to how he repurposes it throughout the track to create the feel of a wild, dusty, arid no-man's-land. At around 1:20 he adds a very soft but driving drumbeat in the background, which then anchors the rest of the track. The long, drawn notes in the background evoke the wind blowing over the dusty dunes, with the occasional metallic noises suggesting something sinister lurking around the corners. Finally, the twanging of the main motif comes in - but it's only given two full plays with a huge gap between them.

I could write a more detailed analysis about Kyd's music but honestly all you need to know is that this is a piece completely, utterly designed to set the mood. It doesn't need its own driving melody; he simply repurposes bits and pieces of the main motif so that you know it's distinctly Borderlands.

Kyd is really, really good at what he does.

I don't think there's a single Jesper Kyd soundtrack I haven't totally loved. He's really impressive.

The standard Lynchwood music is really what made me notice and look up all the music, though. I love the percussion on this track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqrKibjXDBA

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Sii posted:

If you need some more keys, you are welcomed to join my game. I'm level 45 and rummaging through the chest right now.

I appreciate the offer, but I'll have to take a raincheck. I've got to head to bed. You can add me on Steam though and I'll join you later on. shieldstas is my tag.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Just heard the best ad on the radio. "DID YOU KNOW THAT OVER 90 PERCENT OF THE LIFE ON PANDORA ISN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW. THAT'S BULLSHIT! BUY TORGUE!"
This loving game...

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

poo poo is random. I spent a long time on PT1 Henry and BNK-3R without any luck whatsoever. I do a quick tour of them back to back for shiggles and I got both the Zer0 heads I needed. Coincidentally (strong emphasis on that), I had the Vault Hunter's Relic equipped for all my failures but was using a random +Action Skill Cooldown for the successes. Go figure.

TShields posted:

Red-Eye is easily the best Zer0 skin. I'm using it with the Punk helmet, but you get the idea..

I'm partial to Hyperion Hornet, just so I can say I'm wearing Bumbleflex.

Vinestalk fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 4, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think we figured out a little while ago that the Vault Hunter Relic doesn't help for poo poo.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I was hoping that Butt Stallion was going to be one of Jack's attacks. Like, he'd call out Butt Stallion! and then your only warning would be a distant neighing before you got run over by a horse.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Vinestalk posted:

poo poo is random. I spent a long time on PT1 Henry and BNK-3R without any luck whatsoever. I do a quick tour of them back to back for shiggles and I got both the Zer0 heads I needed. Coincidentally (strong emphasis on that), I had the Vault Hunter's Relic equipped for all my failures but was using a random +Action Skill Cooldown for the successes. Go figure.

It was posted previously that the vault hunter relic is all but worthless.

edit: beaten, so I added a quote

gibbed posted:

So I just investigated the Vault Hunter Relic data.

It modifies two attributes:

GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_RareWeightModifier: +0.05
GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_CommonWeightModifier: -0.06

Let's set them to +100.00 and -100.00! :allears:

Net result: I have not seen a single white weapon drop, greens drop, seen a few blues. Nothing else.

So, what I can gauge from this, is that it shifts a 5% of your chance for whites into non-whites. Doesn't touch anything else. Very low impact, perhaps bordering on useless.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Vinestalk posted:

Only if you jump over each and every chair you find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
At last, my first orange! I got it off of The Warrior.

Thoughts on the ending. That's a pretty cool way to end things and set up for DLC/sequels. They've effectively ensured the Borderlands franchise can go on forever plot-wise now. I'm hoping for a for real Wilhelm fight and Butt Stallion in the upcoming DLC.

Edit: I'm not so excited anymore. The wiki says that legendary always drops off of that boss... :negative:

• Locked thread