Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm going for bottom end with 134 hours racked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

UnknownMercenary posted:

It only gets really depressing when people who have less time also have more ultra rares unlocked.

Earlier today I played with an N7 43, level 13 soldier carrying an Avenger II (or thereabouts) with a single weapon mod, and an unmodded BLACK WIDOW I. :negative:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Burning Mustache posted:

Quick question, do SMG ULMs work properly on all SMGs now and if they don't, do they still work with any SMG if you're also using pistol ULMs at the same time (in fact, did that ever work at all?)

Anyone?

:tali:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Nordick posted:

Hurricane I in my Commendation pack. :toot:
Guess that'll replace the Tempest X as my go-to Guardian-killer for caster characters who don't have another easy way of dealing with them. Put it on my Fury with ULM and the AP barrel and the cooldowns stay at +200% even with an ULM'd Acolyte as a scondary (because why not).
And guardians or no, it never hurts to fill the air with a wall of bullets during the brief moments of cooldown, right?

Don't need ULM on your Hurricane for Fury by the time its up to VI :)

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 10, 2012

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

...And I just noticed they changed the maps themselves to prevent farming. You gotta be kidding me, why the hell didn't Bioware do this in the first place, instead of buffing every enemy faction, especially Geth, to the point of lunacy? Now you've got bullshit enemies for no reason, and Gold and Platinum are even more of a difficult clusterfuck. Pubbies can't even really handle it; I guess that's why I saw a bunch of them trying to farm White/Geth/Silver.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Don't need ULM on your Hurricane for Fury by the time its up to IV :)
That's good to know, I'm pretty sure it'll come in handy once I get it up to IV sometime around Easter 2015. :v:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

I think so, though the only one I'm sure of is the Hurricane. Because if you can have a 7% Hurricane, why would you even bother with anything else. :v:

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
ULM works for all SMGs now

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Gordon Shumway posted:

...And I just noticed they changed the maps themselves to prevent farming. You gotta be kidding me, why the hell didn't Bioware do this in the first place, instead of buffing every enemy faction, especially Geth, to the point of lunacy? Now you've got bullshit enemies for no reason, and Gold and Platinum are even more of a difficult clusterfuck. Pubbies can't even really handle it; I guess that's why I saw a bunch of them trying to farm White/Geth/Silver.

White/Geth/Silver has actually been a thing for a while, for people who can't handle...well, games. What's really sad are White/Geth/Bronze, Hydra/Geth/Bronze, and Glacier/Cerberus/Bronze.

pacman
May 7, 2003

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB
I promoted all of my characters and have been hanging around Bronze and Silver to build up levels. Everytime I choose quick match I am getting dropped into an ongoing match. Usually I don't mind spawning in hot every once in a while but it seems impossible to get a lobby. I had to create a match in order to do a full ten waves. Is anyone else having a higher rate of being dropped into a hot zone when they pick quick match instead of going to a lobby? (360)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gordon Shumway posted:

Geth really aren't bullshit now, I think people are overhyping the buffs and especially Bombers. The changes to the maps are just plain good because they're actually better maps now.

Honestly the best thing for farming is still Cerberus/Giant, that's always been pretty chill in my experience.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Kaizer88 posted:

ULM works for all SMGs now

Awesome, thanks!

Felinoid posted:

I think so, though the only one I'm sure of is the Hurricane. Because if you can have a 7% Hurricane, why would you even bother with anything else. :v:

Yeah I mostly intended to use it for the Hurricane anyway, obviously.
So as long as it works for that I'm good I guess!

I've actually got a Volus Adept earlier and I'm rocking him with a Hurricane and a Paladin, both with ULM and ... well that class is just insane as it is, but that loadout combination is certainly amazing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

precision posted:

Geth really aren't bullshit now, I think people are overhyping the buffs and especially Bombers. The changes to the maps are just plain good because they're actually better maps now.

Honestly the best thing for farming is still Cerberus/Giant, that's always been pretty chill in my experience.

I expect to see a lot of farming on Giant's control room. The thing is, that can actually be pretty fun and require good coordination (it's best to have people controlling both ramps to the control room and those are split somewhat far apart) ... so hopefully it won't kill me to get into a Cerberus/Giant/Gold game forevermore.

plus being on the left edge means I can particle beam everyone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Alter Ego posted:

There isn't much of a point, especially after Bioware removed its ability to pull aggro for almost every enemy type.

Wait what's this now? I played a HuEng for the first time in forever last night, and my Combat Drone was causing Primes and Hunters to stop shooting us and walk across the entire map just to kill Beepy.

That's his name. Beepy.

Banshees definitely seem easier to kill now, thank God.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Eh, I only have 210 hours and 575 games played. I had 25 days played on MW2 so this really isn't much.

I'll probably be on later this evening if any PS3 folks want to :supaburn: it up. MosquitoJones.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

precision posted:

Wait what's this now?

Melee only enemy types (Brutes, etc) ignore decoy and drones now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Psion posted:

Melee only enemy types (Brutes, etc) ignore decoy and drones now.

Oh. Well who cares, those guys aren't the ones I want to focus on them anyway. Glad my decision to never use Decoy on SalEng is somewhat vindicated now though.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

All this new poo poo out and I'm spamming Veteran packs trying to score a respec card. Anyone know the best way to get one? Veteran or Spectre? This poo poo is pissing me off. I should be spending these credits on PSPs.

pacman
May 7, 2003

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB
I have only received 3 respec cards for the entire time I played, but I remember getting 1 of them from a Veteran pack and 2 of them from Spectre Packs. I would say stick to Spectre packs, but I don't have a very big sample size to go on. Also, I haven't received any since installing Retaliation.

edit: With certain enemies ignoring the drone... that makes the explosive drone less useful but it seems like it would make rocket drone more useful.

pacman fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 10, 2012

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
The enemies ignoring the drone were the ones who didn't damage it anyway.

The basic test for making drone powers worthwhile is "can they kill a basic trooper before the trooper kills it?" The only one that passes that test is the offensive Geth Turret. With the buff to combos 0/6/6/6/6 seems like a no-brainer for FQE and HE.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

TacticalGranny posted:

Apparently the community goal was successful. I got some new explodey and phasic rounds in my Victory pack. Also, Crusader II. I still don't know how I feel about that shotgun...

Play with Ziffles using his Crusader I on his Gethfiltrator. Heads just explode everywhere. He's truly a giant-killer with that thing.

Elotana posted:

The only really showstopping Sentinel bug is combo explosions being centered on the character. To get the benefit of his power combos you have be in CQC range but he's not especially durable without planting his shield, which is useless for casting. QME can poo poo out even more tech damage from as far as he can throw grenades.

The combo centered around the player only occurs when Snap Freeze is the detonator. You should notice that cryo explosions primed by Snap Freeze still visually detonate off the target, so I can only assume they actually are. But this is BioWare, so who really knows? :tali:

e; I don't really think it's a showstopper so much. It's certainly kinda lame that it doesn't work as expected, but it's actually saved my rear end a few times when a prime dropped a turret behind me that I didn't notice, or a hunter snuck up on me right as I triggered a fire explosion centered on myself. Tough to take advantage deliberately, but I wouldn't really call it a showstopper.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

subroc posted:

All this new poo poo out and I'm spamming Veteran packs trying to score a respec card. Anyone know the best way to get one? Veteran or Spectre? This poo poo is pissing me off. I should be spending these credits on PSPs.

Go Spectre packs in my opinion. You get a guaranteed rare (which you want anyway) and a good chance at an uncommon, so you're making progress even if you don't get a respec card.

There's no real guaranteed "best way" - randomness is, well, random. Annoying as it is.

Alternate strategy: get 255 of all four in-mission consumables, buy Spectre packs, get 1 rare + 4 uncommons :getin:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Elotana posted:

The enemies ignoring the drone were the ones who didn't damage it anyway.

The basic test for making drone powers worthwhile is "can they kill a basic trooper before the trooper kills it?" The only one that passes that test is the offensive Geth Turret. With the buff to combos 0/6/6/6/6 is a no-brainer for FQE and HE

Is that including Explosive Drone exploding? I'm not sure the sixth level of Racial Passive is worth taking over 3 points in Drone anyway, and maxing out Fitness seems mostly pointless nowadays because the extra HP don't make a difference on Gold, either you use Shield Amps or you lose full shields all at once no matter whether you have points in Fitness or not.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

I...don't have a job. :blush:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It is my opinion that the Collector SMG is really bad.

Two Finger posted:

DelicateVJeff, I give you an A+ in dramatic timing.
We're getting swarmed by collectors on loving London hack, the three of us barely staying alive, and next thing I know I hear a CerbAdept Smashing everything in sight.

You are the wind beneath our wings.

Smashman is happy to be of assistance, citizen. :madmax:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 10, 2012

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Aside from one Eagle, all the Promo weapons I got were Crusader so it's up to IV now. What is a good class to make the most of this gun, because I feel like it's dumb to have it gathering dust like this.

e: I used to use it as a sniper rifle but that doesn't seem to work very well now.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I did a gold round with Amateur Saboteur, Tremors and another guy on Hydra vs. Cerberus and the general consensus is "gently caress Dragoons forever". Between them and Phantoms everything becomes an absolute clusterfuck - not to mention the waves of Atlases.

I think the team loadout was just uncomplimentary, since I've played other gold games where bosses go down like nobody's business.

(I also only just realised how hosed my items are thanks to the BSN manifest so I'm stocking up on veteran packs to reduce my uncommons.)

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

VJeff posted:

It is my opinion that the Collector SMG is really bad.

If they doubled the ammo, or sped up the cooldown before reload it would be usable. As it is, even on the Destroyer with devastator mode on you run out of ammo long before anything really dies.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dragoons are too easy to kill to properly call them "boss enemies".

I think people are just mad that Cerberus isn't Easy Mode anymore. Isn't it enough that they made Phantoms easier to kill? :colbert:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The only time I've had any trouble with dragoons is during solo 4-point objectives. Otherwise, they seem pretty bad. Ballistic Blades --> Raider kills 'em before they've even had a chance to touch you.

The same could be said of phantoms too but whatever. Ballistic Blades --> Raider kills everything.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

I've had a mixed experience with Dragoons. If I can get a bead on their head, they're basically trash mobs. If things are janking around from lag or I reflexively try to melee them, they're a bit of a menace.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

The only thing I don't like about Dragoons is that my Kroguard can't send them flying 50 feet away when he charges them. Hell, he can do it to phantoms if the Acolyte shot is ready before charging, but Dragoons and their stupid armor means they just get staggered.

Granted, he can usually kill them with some gunshots and melee afterward, but he really shouldn't have to! :black101:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
Oh, another thing;

What are the new guns (Argus, Raider, Collector weapons) like? Any similarities to older guns?
Got a Raider I earlier but haven't bothered to give it a try yet.

I've also read something about the Crusader being significantly buffed again recently ... is it good yet?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

-QME is legit OP and going to need a rebalancing. Unlocking fire explosions gives him a 6/6 tech combo for every health-type, and half that combo isn't on a cooldown

Teach me how to abuse this, thanks~

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Played a hilarious game where the other three guys were friends and had mics but only one of them could see me in-game. It led to a very amusing and confusing conversation when he was trying to explain to the other two that I was actually there and when they kept asking for the guardian angel to revive them.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Elotana posted:

The only really showstopping Sentinel bug is combo explosions being centered on the character. To get the benefit of his power combos you have be in CQC range but he's not especially durable without planting his shield, which is useless for casting. QME can poo poo out even more tech damage from as far as he can throw grenades.

The only combo explosions that get centered on the Paladin are ones detonated with Snap Freeze. So his cryo explosions always go off on the target, and the other two kinds can also be made to go off on the target if you use Incinerate and Energy Drain.

There are also situations when a large AOE stun around your character works out to be more of a feature than a bug, anyway.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Burning Mustache posted:

Oh, another thing;

What are the new guns (Argus, Raider, Collector weapons) like? Any similarities to older guns?

I've also read something about the Crusader being significantly buffed again recently ... is it good yet?
Raider is absolutely amazing. I've had great success running it on Batarian Soldier. There's a trick- if you shoot quickly enough, you'll get an extra shot that doesn't use any ammo. Completely breaks the gun for the better. I hate to see what it would do on a Geth Infiltrator.

Use the choke, for the love of god use the choke. Otherwise you may as well melee things. I use choke/shredder or choke/extended barrel depending on who I'm facing.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 11, 2012

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Burning Mustache posted:

Oh, another thing;

Crusader is pretty much a Mantis with four shots after the buffs, if you can get headshots it's a solid shooter.

Argus is like a Vindicator with some actual punch behind it, but recoil can be tricky if you're not a Turian / don't use the AR stabilizer.

Raider is like a Claymore split in half that fires both shots really fast, but with a weird spread that keeps it from being a sniper shotgun. It's an alternative to the Wraith if you think it fires too slowly (Wraith is still lighter and does more damage per shot). Also the aforementioned bonus shot if you click fast enough, which drives DPS through the roof.

Collector AR is a punchier Avenger, nothing too special. Collector sniper has a cooldown system like the Particle Rifle, which has to play out all the way before it reloads, which can be aggravating in tense situations. Don't have the Collector SMG, but other posters say the damage isn't anything special.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Radio Paranoia posted:

I did a gold round with Amateur Saboteur, Tremors and another guy on Hydra vs. Cerberus and the general consensus is "gently caress Dragoons forever". Between them and Phantoms everything becomes an absolute clusterfuck - not to mention the waves of Atlases.

I think the team loadout was just uncomplimentary, since I've played other gold games where bosses go down like nobody's business.

(I also only just realised how hosed my items are thanks to the BSN manifest so I'm stocking up on veteran packs to reduce my uncommons.)
Oh come on they aren't all that bad at all we just had people not prepared to deal with them is all. To be frank what made the map hairy was the triple hack objectives where we let them set several turrets up heh.

Me and a few goons were just talking about how much we appreciate the new addition despite some of the frustration that stems from their hyper aggressive A.I. because they "keep you on your toes".

That being said gently caress Bombers and Possessed Scions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Burning Mustache posted:

Oh, another thing;

The Collector Sniper Rifle is like the Collector beam heavy weapon from ME2. It uses a cooldown system instead of thermal clips like the Particle Rifle. Enemies killed by it melt into orange goo. I just took it for a test drive and it did pretty decently although I think I would have done better with a scoped weapon if the map wasn't the loving sandstorm one. I'll have to mess around some more.

The Collector SMG also uses a cooldown system and that seems to be the weapon's downfall. I only have the first rank of the weapon but the ammo count runs out super fast since it's a high ROF weapon and the cooldown animation is really long. It didn't seem like the damage was a good tradeoff either, stick with the Hurricane if you have it.

I haven't used the Collector AR since the DLC came out but I did use it before when it was promo only. It has no recoil at all and has similar ROF to the Avenger but does more damage. I'm not sure if they toned the weight down or not but it used to weigh a ton for what it does.

• Locked thread