Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Spidey looks more like Deadpool in this drawing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Rhyno posted:

He's also recently famous for getting punched by the Red Hulk because Jeph Loeb is a loving hack.

I love Ed McGuiness but this poo poo sucks.

Jeph Loeb wanted to illustrate that Red Hulk is an idiot who has a bad habit of making all the wrong enemies. While Green Hulk mostly wants to be left in peace, the Red Hulk is too aggressive for his own good.

I don't read much Marvel. Did Uatu get back at Rulk for this incident? A guy who knows all of everybody's dirty secrets seems like the worst person to piss off.

redbackground posted:

and the best 8 panels of all time:

loving chills, man.
When I first saw this, I thought the Silver Surfer was being swallowed by one of Galactus's fancy machinges, because Kirby often draws them like that.

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 10, 2012

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Baron Bifford posted:

Jeph Loeb wanted to illustrate that Red Hulk is an idiot who has a bad habit of making all the wrong enemies. While Green Hulk mostly wants to be left in peace, the Red Hulk is too aggressive for his own good.

I don't read much Marvel. Did Uatu get back at Rulk for this incident? A guy who knows all of everybody's dirty secrets seems like the worst person to piss off.

I already mentioned before that it was Ed's one request that he draw the Hulk (originally it was the green Hulk) punching the Watcher. It's a pretty funny gag after seeing the Watcher standing around all the time in different comics. Ed is also the reason why there was a X Sanction cover with Spider-Man and Wolverine in their black costumes, despite neither costume appearing in the actual book.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
This is the latest Grifter cover from Rob Liefeld. Grifter looks so effeminate in this pose.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh Jesus, why does Grifter even still exist?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Holy poo poo. Feet.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Deformed feet. The only people on the planet who have feet like that are Chinese women who practice foot binding.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I like how the colorist turned one of the feet dust clouds into earth.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Never mind the feet, check out his torso and thighs. Something really iffy there.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
He seems to have a sagging chest.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Have people forgotten how to read the topic title?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Good to know AvX made sure to end on some retarded artwork just like the way it began.

Love those eyes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wendell posted:

Oh Jesus, why does Grifter even still exist?

The New 52 Grifter comic started out pretty interesting. Of course now Liefeld is writing/drawing it.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
So in Decimation they depowered most of the world's mutants because Marvel thought there were too many of them. Now they've repowered them all, as if they realized that the world cannot logically be afraid of an endangered species.

What was the whole point of that stupid exercise? If they thought that there were too many mutants and it was becoming boring, just stop mentioning all those suprlus mutants in stories!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Baron Bifford posted:

So in Decimation they depowered most of the world's mutants because Marvel thought there were too many of them. Now they've repowered them all, as if they realized that the world cannot logically be afraid of an endangered species.

Of course they can, this endangered species still effectively has the power to wipe out the planet. Most X-Men stories during this whole thing were specifically focused on wiping out mutants - now actually a distinct possibility, which was the whole point. See everything with Bastion.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

IUG posted:

Have people forgotten how to read the topic title?

Eh, Liefeld's retiring in, what, a few months? Only proper way to end that era.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

But instead of posting dumb Liefeld you could be posting awesome Kirby:

Or Gene Colan:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I hate the Ame Comi books. The character designs are horrible and the art is horrible and everything is horrible.

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 16, 2012

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Baron Bifford posted:

I hate the Ame Comi books. The character designs are horrible and the art is horrible and everything is horrible.

DCcomics.jpg

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Waterhaul posted:

That is amazing. Was it ever released or is it just in concept stage?

Also Amazing Spider-man 33 by Steve Ditko

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 12, 2012

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

That is amazing? Was it ever released or is it just in concept stage?
One day, I won't have to keep recommending Silver Surfer: The Ultimate Cosmic Experience to everyone. That's just the first freaking page!

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

What was the whole point of that stupid exercise?

Modern superhero comics in a nutshell, right here.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

One day, I won't have to keep recommending Silver Surfer: The Ultimate Cosmic Experience to everyone. That's just the first freaking page!

That is what I thought, I was just making sure. Also because of you I bought it!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Just Bob "Dobbs" Kane with some original Batman paintings...

From this LIFE photo story

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Just Bob "Dobbs" Kane with some original Batman paintings...

From this LIFE photo story

How much of that was drawn by Bill Finger?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

How much of that was drawn by Bill Finger?

Considering the stylistic differences and whatnot I would say quite a few.

Honestly Kane was never a good artist and it is quite easy to tell his drawings. The only interesting thing he bought to the table artistically was his idea of using "camera angels" in the artwork (giving different views to express mood and atmosphere) and even that was probably heavily influenced by Finger.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

Considering the stylistic differences and whatnot I would say quite a few.

Honestly Kane was never a good artist and it is quite easy to tell his drawings. The only interesting thing he bought to the table artistically was his idea of using "camera angels" in the artwork (giving different views to express mood and atmosphere) and even that was probably heavily influenced by Finger.

I was just being an rear end as I find Bob Kane to be a horrible person as he gets all the credit for Batman while the person who did do everything - Bill Finger does not get the credit he deserves.

Lofidelity Media
Nov 4, 2004

"Its a Strange World...Let's keep it that way."

redbackground posted:

Is this still in print? I can't find it online, at least not for less than $100.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lofidelity Media posted:

Is this still in print? I can't find it online, at least not for less than $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SILVER-...=item1c2b9b8a34

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Baron Bifford posted:

Funny thing, the vaguely anime-esque costumes and fanservice wasn't the most eyerolling thing for me...it was that atrocious stilted dialogue that sounds like something out of the 1950s. How do you write something that bad? Bad art can be stylized or lazy, but poor dialogue literally just takes a few seconds of saying it out loud to realize how stupid it sounds.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
There's a comic? I thought it was just statues for fanboys to stick up their buttholes while masturbating.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Waterhaul posted:

Oh my god, this is loving incredible. I need this framed!

Do you have a clean image of this? I gotta rasterize this.

e: Jesus, the text is also amazing:

BEHOLD! The hand of Galactus! BEHOLD! The hand of him who is like unto a god! BEHOLD! The clutch of harnessed power -- about to be released!

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 12, 2012

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Baron Bifford posted:

Come back Amanda Conner, we need you more than ever. :smith:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Oh my god, this is loving incredible. I need this framed!

Do you have a clean image of this? I gotta rasterize this.

BEHOLD! The hand of Galactus! BEHOLD! The hand of him who is like unto a god! BEHOLD! The clutch of harnessed power -- about to be released!

Read any comic made by Lee and Kirby that involves anything cosmic. The text really fills you with a sense of awe for things like Ego and Galactus. I wish the modern cosmic books could set the mood like that.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Reminder that in the 1969 there was a production of Julius Caesar with Jack Kirby designed costumes.

http://kirbymuseum.org/caesar

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Some days I forget just how incredible Stan Lee was, especially paired up with Kirby. The two of them just made great comics and incredible cosmic comics.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

There's a comic? I thought it was just statues for fanboys to stick up their buttholes while masturbating.

You're supposed to read it while doing that, obviously.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Baron Bifford posted:

Ladies? Ladies, no. That is for your private time.

Now is fighting time. That's a different thing, you should be doing that.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Reading that in a Speed Racer voice, the dialogue sounds totally appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Here's Alan Scott, from the cover of Earth 2 issue 5, pulling off the rarely seen male boobs-n-butt pose; both butt cheeks and both pecs fully visible.