Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Fog machine, we have the technology :science:

When I was a stupid teenager some friends and I put a fog machine in a car and ran it full blast while cruising the area where all the other stupid teenagers cruised on Friday and Saturday nights. We'd crack the windows at stop lights and let the smoke billow out, it was actually pretty awesome from a stupid teenager point of view and was a big hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
the music is terrible and horrible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27P7swtmTU

and its also the lamest automotive tribute video I've ever seen

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
^ The anti-Tim.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

kastein posted:

You can usually tell depending on whether they've trimmed the sheetmetal for clearance, or just jacked it to the sky. If it's a low lift and the wheels/tires appear to fit up into the bodywork, there's a chance it gets used, if the sheetmetal isn't touched and it's got a few feet of lift to avoid the tires hitting everything but the lottery, it's a useless posermobile.

Poser:

40" tires, 20" of blingy chrome, multiple feet of useless poser lift, no traction aids (why bother, no one can see them!) Got in a dick comparing / pissing match about his dumb truck on an offroad parts trading group on facebook, then ignored multiple offers to race a twisty road + easy dirt track course for pinks.

Not poser:

5" of lift... 42" tires. Low and super wide, like 92" wide. I've seen it drive up things that are difficult to walk, and drive sideways across ledges that almost anything would roll on. It had 38" tires before (thus the rear fender clearance issues, which he's fixed now.)

There's something wrong when a fullsize truck "needs" something like four times as much lift to "fit" tires roughly the same size as those on a small SUV. Something wrong in the owner's head.

I'm in the IE, which is sort of the epicenter for this kind of douchebaggery and , someone told the bros about the trimming thing. So now we have way to clean, chrome trucks with massive lifts and fenders and bumpers done.

Also, massive number of fake pre-runners that have clearly never seen dirt with spare tires in the bed. Ugh.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

EightBit posted:

I would roll around in this with :420: smoke billowing out the windows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6cPSKLRR2A

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

`Nemesis posted:

and was a big hit.
Unintentional or clever pun? :)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

nm posted:

Also, massive number of fake pre-runners that have clearly never seen dirt with spare tires in the bed. Ugh.

We don't get so many modded trucks in the UK, we get Landrovers with spray - on mud.
Is that a thing in the US as well?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

wipeout posted:

We don't get so many modded trucks in the UK, we get Landrovers with spray - on mud.
Is that a thing in the US as well?

Oh my god....that's actually a thing.

No, haven't seen that in the US.

BRB, formulating a new product to separate bros from their money.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Over here I see more Mitsubishi L200 variants (BARBARIAN!!) with chrome shat upon them than anything else truck-like.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Generally the 4wd's in Aus are kinda split three ways- Theres the Normally modified ones for touring the outback and high country, then theres the retardedly huge illegal ones, then theres the late model 4wd dual cabs, running 24" tyres and rubber bands on em!

Apparently they buy the 4wd versions for the wheel clearances to fit bigger donks on em!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Saw this in Salt Lake City today.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

GutBomb posted:

Saw this in Salt Lake City today.

zoom zoom sure is wild.

That said, bail bonds places are all doing stuff like that, even to cheap cars like that.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

I have no idea what this is, but it looks kind of like a Peel P50 but it has "Electric Vehicle" stickers all over it. It's very "look at me! I'm saving the earth.".

Mind you, I see this car across the street from Coda and a mile down the road from Tesla. So it's not like he didn't have choices.

Aurune fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 28, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I want to push it over.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
There is no way that has passed any sort of crash tests.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Aurune posted:

I have no idea what this is, but it looks kind of like a Peel P50 but it has "Electric Vehicle" stickers all over it. It's very "look at me! I'm saving the earth.".

Mind you, I see this car across the street from Coda and a mile down the road from Tesla. So it's not like he didn't have choices.

http://www.hightechscience.org/sparrow.htm
http://www.myersmotors.com/index.html

They used them in the last austin power movie. They're apparently a bit of a rarity.

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 28, 2012

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I want to push it over.

I would assume cornering at greater than 2 mph would do the trick? That looks like quite a narrow wheel base for such a tall vehicle, but it could just be me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Veeb0rg posted:

http://www.hightechscience.org/sparrow.htm

They used them in the last austin power movie. They're apparently a bit of a rarity.

quote:

13 sealed "Optima" batteries weighing 46 lbs each / Total pack weight: 598 Lbs. Six are located under the front hood and the remaining 7 are under the drivers seat.
Hahahahahaha

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Well, at least the center of gravity has got to be pretty drat low.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

I would love to know what roof rails + 2 spoilers do for the naturally excellent aerodynamics of the Vibe.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ferremit posted:

Generally the 4wd's in Aus are kinda split three ways- Theres the Normally modified ones for touring the outback and high country, then theres the retardedly huge illegal ones, then theres the late model 4wd dual cabs, running 24" tyres and rubber bands on em!

Apparently they buy the 4wd versions for the wheel clearances to fit bigger donks on em!

A tradie and his money are soon parted.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cruseydr posted:

^^ No headlights?

Also, wrong thread?

Saw this after work one day about a month ago on the Boeing Everett highway. I thought it was pretty sweet, had a lot of attention to the details.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

80s Camaro with tons of overspray: check
Sunglasses that should have been left in the 80s: check
Bad toupee: check
Coonskin hat: :wtf: yup, check
Parking in the middle of a row in a very busy parking lot, blocking multiple cars in, and ignoring people honking/yelling for a solid 5 minutes while texting what had to be either a 16 year old girlfriend easily impressed by yellow cars, or a meth addict girlfriend easily impressed by yellow cars, followed by a laughable 1 wheel burnout when people got really pissed about you blocking them in? check check check

:suspense:

e: :doh: just noticed Davey Crockett was in the passenger seat, I have no idea who was actually driving.. I was taking a nap in my car before my shift at work and got woken up by people honking. :saddowns:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 28, 2012

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

blk posted:

I would love to know what roof rails + 2 spoilers do for the naturally excellent aerodynamics of the Vibe.

I believe those are factory spoilers for the GT.

There's an AWD badge, so it's not a GT, but they might've still been an option from the dealer.

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009

wipeout posted:

We don't get so many modded trucks in the UK,

Speaking of which. I've actually had a look around it at a land rover show and it is a bit ropey all round.

doritos
Dec 6, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Code Jockey posted:

I would assume cornering at greater than 2 mph would do the trick? That looks like quite a narrow wheel base for such a tall vehicle, but it could just be me.

CM is likely as near the front axle as they can get it. Remember, there's no real weight in a roof.

Tadpole trikes outhandle the poo poo out of four wheel cars, if you get the weight distribution right. Still no excuse for it being so loving ugly though.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

S2000 tail lights?

The 90s called. They want their trapper keeper back.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
A bad car but that hood owns.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

I sincerely regret not being able to get a peek at the driver of this abomination.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
I swear I had a Trapper Keeper that looked exactly like this when I was in grade school.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aussies Bogans turn Bumblebee Camaro into gullwing (and Lambo) door limo and throw a bunch of garish poo poo into the interior as well.

root beer fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 29, 2012

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Colonel K posted:

Speaking of which. I've actually had a look around it at a land rover show and it is a bit ropey all round.

drat, wouldn't the axles be snapping like twigs with those wheels on it?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The "sand smooth" part of the Bondo process is not something you want to skip.

Or they hammered it out using an axe, I can't really tell what is going on here.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

The "sand smooth" part of the Bondo process is not something you want to skip.

Or they hammered it out using an axe, I can't really tell what is going on here.

Looks like it's explosively rusting under the paint.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

You Am I posted:

drat, wouldn't the axles be snapping like twigs with those wheels on it?

I don't imagine that those are stock axles. And the name of the shop is quite appropriate, "Discovery Breakers".

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
They appear to be some sort of portal axle, since the bottom of the axle housing is slightly above the center of the wheel. Not sure who makes 6 lug portals... Unimog?

Either way, it's too goddamn tall/narrow to be useful offroad in any real conditions.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That thing would be a blast in mud. :colbert:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

wayfinder posted:

Looks like it's explosively rusting under the paint.

It is a bit hard to tell, but it is dented inward. I think they backed into something (hence the cracked bumper) and did an awful repair job on the body panel.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lowclock posted:

Trapper Keeper

Nostalgia bomb. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen