Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012
Well that's good to know! Thanks guys. Also does anyone have the stats for the legendary 'zerker mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
+5 to the same stats as Terramorphous mod (basically all tier one except Inconceivable), +20% movement speed while Gunzerking, bonus to Gunzerk cooldown, overall firing rate, and overall melee damage.

ShadowedFlames posted:

I've had that glitch on the 360, usually in Bullymong piles or a small refrigerator-type chest. Had it once on a Zed machine. Doesn't affect the game except to make you pause for a minute and ask if that should hold a quest/legendary item.
I never noticed I was doing that but now that I'm thinking about it, I've gotten excited for that split second every time I've seen it. "Hey, something cool and new! I bet it has great lo-stupid texture glitch."

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 1, 2012

Lofidelity Media
Nov 4, 2004

"Its a Strange World...Let's keep it that way."

Marogareh posted:

The treasure glitch is pretty much the best place to get unspecific legendaries.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be stupid, but what glitch are you referring to?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Lofidelity Media posted:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be stupid, but what glitch are you referring to?

Knoxx's armory 2.0

The Pirate dlc ends with a big treasure room that you can glitch into as many times as you want. I'd link some youtube videos but I'm on my phone

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
This is best one I've seen but its still trial and error as the platforms are invisible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gcMGXaLWXQ

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
What's the URL for the fan-made skill tree calculator? The official one is broken and keeps re-directing back to the main Borderlands 2 website.

Today I discovered that Salvador's ability to throw two grenades for the price of one when gunzerking is the most broken skill in the game. Using the legendary grenade mod from Bewm-Boom with that skill will wipe out an entire arena in one go.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

kim jong-illin posted:

What's the URL for the fan-made skill tree calculator? The official one is broken and keeps re-directing back to the main Borderlands 2 website.

Today I discovered that Salvador's ability to throw two grenades for the price of one when gunzerking is the most broken skill in the game. Using the legendary grenade mod from Bewm-Boom with that skill will wipe out an entire arena in one go.

http://www.bl2db.com/skill-trees

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES
That one also lists Blood Soaked Shields as a 1 point skill.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Anyone got a fix for this bug?

At the bit where I have to destroy the Eridium injectors in Angel's room but the door to the room has closed and I can't get in there. Leaving and re-entering the area doesn't open the doors, saving and quitting doesn't open the doors. I can't progress the game at all because it's the only active quest and I can't get in the drat room.

Is there a save editor that'll let me mark the mission as complete so I can get around this bug?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There's supposed to be a button that opens the doors in the middle of the room if you haven't tried that.

SevenSixTwoX39
Jun 28, 2009

Capitalism has triumphed all over the world, but this triumph is only the prelude to the triumph of labour over capital.
If anyone's got a conference call they'd dupe me on Xbox I'd much appreciate it. If you need something I have duped I've got a +50% health relic, Hyperion accuracy/reload speed relic, a +50,000 damage bee, and a legendary corrosive spike shield, siren mod, and sledge's shotgun among other stuff. My GT is the same as my username here, just add me if you're interested. I unfortunately do not have a mic at the moment however.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

Marogareh posted:

There's supposed to be a button that opens the doors in the middle of the room if you haven't tried that.

Christ I'm stupid. Thanks for pointing that out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Has anyone had a problem with chests that won't open, because it never shows the "press X to open" thing no matter where on the box you put the cursor? I have run into that twice I think, most recently the treasure hunting quests in the caustic caverns. I got the unique gun it gives you but that chest that came up out of the ground, I could not get it open. After five minutes of pointing the cursor at every pixel on the box's surface I gave up and left.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has anyone had a problem with chests that won't open, because it never shows the "press X to open" thing no matter where on the box you put the cursor? I have run into that twice I think, most recently the treasure hunting quests in the caustic caverns. I got the unique gun it gives you but that chest that came up out of the ground, I could not get it open. After five minutes of pointing the cursor at every pixel on the box's surface I gave up and left.

This happens to me all the time on the Loot Goliaths. They are also super awesome at getting a person stuck if you're playing split screen.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got this game yesterday it owns

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
hosed up earlier while killing the bag man, i put the key in the thing to lower the ramp to get out before i opened all the money chests and now i can't get them. I hope it wasn't that much cash..

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Can anyone help me do the Pirate treasure glitch tonight?

I've lost 100k in deaths. Even re-killing the Leviathan so I can see the paths, I'm still finding it impossible.

Just friend me--PS3 a_strange_aeon.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Samurai Sanders posted:

That happened to me too, but only on that chest. I just figured that meant the quest reward came from there and there was nothing really in it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ximum posted:

That happened to me too, but only on that chest. I just figured that meant the quest reward came from there and there was nothing really in it.
Yeah, that's what I figured too but I looked it up in a faq and it claimed that it is indeed supposed to open.

SevenSixTwoX39
Jun 28, 2009

Capitalism has triumphed all over the world, but this triumph is only the prelude to the triumph of labour over capital.

Cerebral Wolf posted:

hosed up earlier while killing the bag man, i put the key in the thing to lower the ramp to get out before i opened all the money chests and now i can't get them. I hope it wasn't that much cash..

Wouldn't worry about it, it's insignificant really especially compared to when you're at level cap.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

SevenSixTwoX39 posted:

Wouldn't worry about it, it's insignificant really especially compared to when you're at level cap.

Figured as much, i spend most of money on the slots at Moxxi's anyway.

Mraoul
Nov 7, 2011
I'd love it if someone could trade me a conference call on ps3. I can only offer a 19.4k bee as reward but I'll send you all kinds of love and stuff. Tag is miguelraoul

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
So what are the Sniper builds that you guys are using for Zer0 to great results?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Words cannot express my hatred for the side mission Customer Service.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think that chest is glitched since the same thing happened to me also and probably everyone else.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Bugsy posted:

This is best one I've seen but its still trial and error as the platforms are invisible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gcMGXaLWXQ
I'll try to drag out my HD-PVR sometime before Halo 4 comes out and record/upload my method. It's almost 100% reliable (I'd say it messes up once every 15 or so tries, and is easily correctable if it messes up), doesn't involve a bunch of hopping around, hoping you hit the sweet spot, and has really clear, noticeable landmarks for aligning yourself.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Dr.Smasher posted:

I hated this quest because I hate the eridium blight. However on normal difficulty this was the easiest of the timed quests for me. I started at the mailbox in the center of the map, then jumped off the cliff and landed next to the catch-a-ride. I spawned the runner and did the other mailboxes in counterclockwise order, walking to the last two and running past as much combat as possible in the bandit camp. I finished with plenty of time to spare.

Now the timed quest in the Highlands for Dr. Zed--that one nearly was a controller-thrower.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dr.Smasher posted:

I have never even attempted it because it looks to be complete bullshit from the get go.

The highlands took a little doing to find a good path, but I found the best way to do it is to park a truck outside the beach-house where all the threshers are, grab the quest and get the first part in Overlook, then teleport to the truck, snag the piece up in the stilt house, then drive to the lower bot facility, then up to the bot facility on the hill side, then over the cliff to the stalker cave, and finally dash back to town. I can usually do it with 30 seconds to spare that way.

Original Gamer
Sep 13, 2002

Draile posted:

Now the timed quest in the Highlands for Dr. Zed--that one nearly was a controller-thrower.

The key for this one for me was to open the first mailbox right outside the town, but NOT take the arm. This way the time clock does not start. Then I drove out to the water where the Threshers are. The other mailboxes are sort of close, but the last one should be what the game tricks you into thinking has to be the first one in Overlook. Finished with a minute to spare with this strategy.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If Customer Service is the Eridium Blight delivery mission start at the Hyperion Facility and then race to mailbox near those docks. Then work your way across the three mailboxes in the upper area. It's easier than the other two that came before it if you do it that way. If you work your way from the top to the bottom you're just going to have a harder time.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Draile posted:

I hated this quest because I hate the eridium blight. However on normal difficulty this was the easiest of the timed quests for me. I started at the mailbox in the center of the map, then jumped off the cliff and landed next to the catch-a-ride. I spawned the runner and did the other mailboxes in counterclockwise order, walking to the last two and running past as much combat as possible in the bandit camp. I finished with plenty of time to spare.

If you're willing to take the time, you can open all of the mailboxes without taking the packages. This will let you take the time to kill the enemies in the 5 locations first. Then it's a simple matter of making another loop in a runner, which only takes about 1:30-2:00 total

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
Or just do it in coop and split up.

Does anyone know if the transfusion streamers apply the element DoT from the grenade they spawn from?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Draile posted:

Quite possibly my least favorite mission in the game. It's close between that and "Kill 25 bandits with the shittiest E-Tech gun imaginable"

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Anybody want to take me out of my farming misery and dupe/give me he Raz0r head for Zer0 or is that not possible?

:negative:

EDIT:

So I actually got Henry's godamn legendary shield the cradle and I was upset at the fact that i'd just gotten a useless level 15 shield but then an hour later I finally got the head I wanted on my last attempt for the night. I'm happy.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 2, 2012

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Leave the Caverns and go back to the top of the warehouse, and you should be able to open the chest (it's just a normal red Dahl chest). Also loot goliaths requires a lot of pixel hunting if they die on a slope for some reason.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

Poque posted:

Quite possibly my least favorite mission in the game. It's close between that and "Kill 25 bandits with the shittiest E-Tech gun imaginable"

The quality of the E-Tech gun was never the problem with me. It was always running out of ammo and bandits before I could get up to 25, even without missing a single shot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Any bandit anywhere counts towards the total. Same for any of those quests. I finished the kill stalkers for Hammerlock quest in the DLC, in fact. So it's not really a big deal if you run out of maniacs in that area (I think only 15 spawn there).

If you have real trouble with it you can just go to a lower level area and slaughter the bandits there.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I'll try to drag out my HD-PVR sometime before Halo 4 comes out and record/upload my method. It's almost 100% reliable (I'd say it messes up once every 15 or so tries, and is easily correctable if it messes up), doesn't involve a bunch of hopping around, hoping you hit the sweet spot, and has really clear, noticeable landmarks for aligning yourself.

That would be cool...I've had a lot of trouble with it. I've managed to get across the third invisible platform--so, the one after you've jumped a bunch of times--two or three times, but then I hosed it up. And I can't do it reliably anyway, so I was just getting really annoyed. I think my biggest problem is finding the invisible corner consistently. I often just fall to my death.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

A Strange Aeon posted:

That would be cool...I've had a lot of trouble with it. I've managed to get across the third invisible platform--so, the one after you've jumped a bunch of times--two or three times, but then I hosed it up. And I can't do it reliably anyway, so I was just getting really annoyed. I think my biggest problem is finding the invisible corner consistently. I often just fall to my death.
Once in a while the left wall of the corner allows you to pass through. If that happens you'll need to save and quit. Otherwise, finding the corner is as simple as "run forward until you can't any more, then strafe left while holding forward."

I finally tracked down the correct AC adapter for my PVR late last night; I may have time to set everything up and grab footage this afternoon, then I'll need to edit it and add some directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flippery
Sep 20, 2005
Lurking beneath the surface
Has anyone else had problems with playthrough 2.5 not unlocking? Apparently it's quite common for people who finish the campaign within someone else's game.

In my case, I killed The Warrior on my second playthrough in a friend's game, then went back to finish an earlier story mission that I had not yet done, and now none of the missions I have yet to accept have scaled up to 50.

Apparently Gearbox are working on a fix, but has anyone had any luck with editing their 360 save using an editor to cure this?

A very helpful chap called >Mar-X-maN< gave the following advice on the Gearbox forums:

quote:

Okay you can get the download from the description in this youNoob video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9IqHBh86Vs

The video is mainly about making silly broken weapons but in the end there is
some information about Xbox / Ps3 save file converting so you might want to watch for further information.

Anyway here is the part that fixes the scaling problem and the resetting of missions.

On PC you will find your save game under >My documents>my games>Borderlands2>WillowGame>SaveData>really big number>saveXXX.sav
Make sure Borderlands is not running and Steam cloud does not interfere. I had both running and sometimes the changes go overwritten with the original again.

To get PT 2 to properly finish you need to open the RAW DATA tap.
Find the entry MissionPlaythroughs (Collection) press the button with the down arrow on the right.
Pop up window opens. There you should see three entries named MissionPlaythroughData.
It should be the middle one. (Playthrough Number 1). Open the Entry
MissionData (Collection)
by again pressing the arrow button.
In the next window you will see serveral entries called MissionData.
In the description / settings part you can relatively easily identify what kind of mission it is, what its name is and the completion status.
Main quest have all EPISODE in the name, all others are sidequest. But its pretty straightforward and should explain itself just by looking at it.
Anyway find the one that says under MissionDef: GD_Episode17.M_Ep17_KillJack
set the status to ReadyToTurnIn. Open Borderlands.
Load save in True Vault Hunter Mode goto Sanctuary. Mission should be active and Ready to turn in. Goto Crapclap and turn in. Profit.

To reset missions you want to do to get Level 50 rewards simply delete the corresponding mission from the list by selecting it and then pressing
the button with the red X in the middle. Only do this with missions that read something like this GD_Z2_Skagzilla2.M_Skagzilla2_Den
DO NOT DELETE missions that have EPISODE in the Name. No idea if that could f##k s##t up but better not to find out.
More profit.

General advice though. Generally backup often and especially when doing this or other stuff with gibbet.

Hope this helps.

Does that sounds like it might work? I am really keen to get on with some of the side quests I banked up along the way...

• Locked thread