Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

BGrifter posted:

Most bosses can be sniped while underlevelled from a relatively safe spot if you're patient. For Bnk3r on my Siren I just stuck to the bottom deck near the vending machines and plinked him down. The Warrior can also be shot from outside of his room if you jump up on the wall to the left of the drop down to his room.

I stuck to the waterfall; his mortars would go to either one side or the other. The one time he parked at the bottom of the platform, I wedged myself in the little nook where the ceiling support met the ground and just popped out when the fire had stopped to get a few shots in. The Phaselock (Ruin) was quite helpful to get rid of those drat auto-cannons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

gibbed posted:

Save editor, r124.

Get it here.

Edit: here here? heh.

Does it work for PS3?

... Does it really have to use .Net 4.0 :sadface: ?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Xidus posted:

Does it work for PS3?
Yes/no: PS3 save data is encrypted, there are paid tools out there that can deal with it, but I'd wait until free tools are out.

Xidus posted:

... Does it really have to use .Net 4.0 :sadface: ?
I'm a C# coder, so yes. Why the hate?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about the main storyline: Does it take you into Lynchwood? I am in the endgame stretch just about to do Where Angels Fear to Tread/The mission where you raid the bunker containing Angel, and have a few sidequests leading there. I do not know if I should do them now or wait till the storyline takes me there so I can do it in one felt swoop.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
I can't for the life of me get the loot room glitch to work on the 360, i just cant find that jumping part even with all the videos, i get over the first 2 invisible platforms just fine but its that drat jumping bit, i always die.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Unlucky7 posted:

Question about the main storyline: Does it take you into Lynchwood? I am in the endgame stretch just about to do Where Angels Fear to Tread/The mission where you raid the bunker containing Angel, and have a few sidequests leading there. I do not know if I should do them now or wait till the storyline takes me there so I can do it in one felt swoop.

No, the main quest never takes you there.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax
What do I need to do to trigger TVHM 2.5? I'm level 50 and beat the game (even terramorphous) and my quests still are in the 30's etc.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

ClemenSalad posted:

What do I need to do to trigger TVHM 2.5? I'm level 50 and beat the game (even terramorphous) and my quests still are in the 30's etc.

Did you pick them up when they became available or after you beat TVHM? If you picked them up early then they stay the level they were when picked up. If you waited I'm not sure what to tell you. Some people posted in the thread that there may be a bug of some sort.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Cerebral Wolf posted:

I can't for the life of me get the loot room glitch to work on the 360, i just cant find that jumping part even with all the videos, i get over the first 2 invisible platforms just fine but its that drat jumping bit, i always die.

Did you try this video too? A goon posted it a dozen pages or so ago and it's definitely the best of the lot, got me doing it no sweat. You just have to be really specific with the pointing and make sure you get the wierd jump/little bump when you walk backwards.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Cerebral Wolf posted:

One thing I realize I neglected to be more specific about in my video was that once you DO find the "jumping over and over" part (not the initial half-jump, but after you turn 180 and walk backward) don't push any directions, just keep hammering jump until you get up to the top. If I have time one afternoon, I'll go back and fix that.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

OBi posted:

Did you try this video too? A goon posted it a dozen pages or so ago and it's definitely the best of the lot, got me doing it no sweat. You just have to be really specific with the pointing and make sure you get the wierd jump/little bump when you walk backwards.

Yeah i did, its just i can't find that invisible wall on the right that you have to strafe left to hit before turning around and aiming at the triangles on the roof.

I spent a good 2 hours loving about with it last night and i couldn't get it at all.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Anyone have level 40 legendaries they'd be willing to dupe? I'm still using my level 30 Bee because the damage boost is too mandatory, but I'm getting absolutely melted when I get hit.

GT on the 360 is Nomnom1975

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Ashekaban posted:

My yoshi tattoos would like a word with you.

This is probably my favorite sentence I've ever read on SA.

I just finished the DLC the other day and I thought you could go back in the treasure room if you wanted - is that wrong? It must be wrong or else there wouldn't be videos about glitching your way back in, I guess.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Bugsy posted:

No, the main quest never takes you there.

Yes, weird. I wandered into Lynch wood after finishing Pt1 and thought I must have skipped something in the story because it was all new. Def an oversight unless maybe they have dlc plans that run through that area.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Lynchwood is a cool optional area with some rad western-themed missions and a pretty bitchin' soundtrack. It's probably one of my favourite parts of the game just for that sweet-rear end music. It doesn't really have to be related to the main storyline at all; it's just a neat place where you can do some neat stuff and shoot some dudes.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
ya but its kind of easy to miss since you're never brought there by a quest. I think every other zone has some kind of lead in to make you aware of it.

AxemRed
Nov 7, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Lynchwood is a cool optional area with some rad western-themed missions and a pretty bitchin' soundtrack. It's probably one of my favourite parts of the game just for that sweet-rear end music. It doesn't really have to be related to the main storyline at all; it's just a neat place where you can do some neat stuff and shoot some dudes.

I honestly wish the game (As well as more games) added pointless areas just to give the game some depth. The game tells me that there's a whole Pandora world out there, but it feels so small without being able to waste hours wandering it. As was said before, it could maybe be for future DLC or cut content.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Every time I think I've heard/seen everything in the game some little nugget of entertaining content seems to come to light. Cracked up at one of the radio commercials- the former head of the Jakobs company apparently was criticised for "his controversial views on Truxican immigration". I live in a rural location so a lot of my neighbors would probably be using Jakobs weapons exclusively.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

the hyperion corporation would like to remind you that hell is reserved exclusively for people who use Jakobs ammunition.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Yeah i did, its just i can't find that invisible wall on the right that you have to strafe left to hit before turning around and aiming at the triangles on the roof.

I spent a good 2 hours loving about with it last night and i couldn't get it at all.
I think I know what happened, and it's another thing I noticed I should have left in. I'll definitely make a new version ASAP.

If you strafe left and DON'T hit an invisible wall, you need to save, quit, and re-load the area. It means the left hand wall didn't spawn properly and you'll just keep falling to your death over and over. This also happens if you accidentally go over the edge backward when you get to the tippy top of the jumping part.

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'

Xguard86 posted:

the hyperion corporation would like to remind you that hell is reserved exclusively for people who use Jakobs ammunition.

And pedophiles!

After you beat warrior on normal mode is there a way to go back in heros pass and farm him over and over?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anybody on the PS3 version who can help level me from 39 to 50? My PSN is BlorgAlmighty, and I'll be on till like, an hour from now.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

TheJetCityFix posted:

And pedophiles!

After you beat warrior on normal mode is there a way to go back in heros pass and farm him over and over?

Walk back in

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

TheJetCityFix posted:

And pedophiles!

Yes. Go through the area, kill him and then save/quit without leaving the area. When you reload you will be able to kill him again. Repeat as necessary.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Xguard86 posted:

ya but its kind of easy to miss since you're never brought there by a quest. I think every other zone has some kind of lead in to make you aware of it.

There's several areas that you won't visit if you only follow story missions. Caustic caverns is one example.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I think I know what happened, and it's another thing I noticed I should have left in. I'll definitely make a new version ASAP.

If you strafe left and DON'T hit an invisible wall, you need to save, quit, and re-load the area. It means the left hand wall didn't spawn properly and you'll just keep falling to your death over and over. This also happens if you accidentally go over the edge backward when you get to the tippy top of the jumping part.

Ah! So the wall wasn't actually there for me to be able to bump into?

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

ClemenSalad posted:

Did you beat the game in coop?

Did you ever click the skip ahead dialogue?

If so you are boned. TVHM 2.5 starts when you "TURN IN!" the last quest.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

I have a L 28 Bee I'd like to trade for any LV 40 legendaries (dupe trade). GT Nomnom1975 on the 360. Send me a friend request and we'll do stuff.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

gibbed posted:

I'm a C# coder, so yes. Why the hate?

It's the 2gb c: disk space it eats up. That is just absurd.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

RVWinkle posted:

There's several areas that you won't visit if you only follow story missions. Caustic caverns is one example.

huh, weird I guess thats true.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Ah! So the wall wasn't actually there for me to be able to bump into?
Yeah, as long as you hit the first invisible wall and strafed left, the second one should be there. If you just keep strafing left and fall off to your death, the wall didn't spawn. Happened to me the first time I tried the glitch and I was there for an hour trying to figure out if I strafed in the wrong place, or didn't run far enough. Finally found the answer buried in some Youtube comments, IIRC.

I can't believe I forgot to add that warning to my video, especially after having trouble with it myself. In my defense, IIRC, most people in here were having little trouble getting to the corner and more trouble with the "jump to find the invisible get stuck in the ceiling spot," so I focused on that. I'll make the correction as soon as I have free time; it shouldn't take much at all to time stretch the already complete video by another 4s and add a new line of text.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm not big on getting weapons duped for me (that's part of the fun for me, the farming) but does anyone have all the heads/skins that they're willing to dupe? I just want my characters to look cool while I'm farming.

I suppose I would also take a Bee just because I'm too lazy to farm one...

e: I can offer a few legendaries (50 Flakker and some low level legendaries like a Bitch) in return, too.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 8, 2012

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Anyone available to help me kill the loving leviathan with my lvl 28 Mechro?

e: should probably say on 360.

Cancel that, I was able to cheese it.

fallin1 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 7, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Okey doke, the treasure room tutorial is updated. Link's the same, but here it is again in case. The warning is kinda slapdash, and you'll probably have to pause to read it, but time-stretching a freeze-frame between the two steps where it would be applicable is a) already after the strafing and b) would have added a really jarring pause in the middle of a left turn of the viewpoint.

Still, it's there for any new folks trying to get the sweet, sweet, loot!

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 8, 2012

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

notlodar posted:

Did you beat the game in coop?

Did you ever click the skip ahead dialogue?

If so you are boned. TVHM 2.5 starts when you "TURN IN!" the last quest.

I noticed I could only start TVHM 2.0 by going to character select and choosing it from a dialog box. Maybe 2.5 works the same way.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Can I get a hand with the 2.0 Bloodwing fight? I'm getting creamed. 360 GT Nomnom1975, game is public, ATM.

ShadowFlames, thank you!

drill press corps fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 8, 2012

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

brickswereshat posted:

Can I get a hand with the 2.0 Bloodwing fight? I'm getting creamed. 360 GT Nomnom1975, game is public, ATM.

Done and done. Waiting on you good sir.

EDIT: You're welcome. Did you ever try that orange grenade mod that dropped? Kind of curious to find out what was special about it. If you were using it right before we stopped, then I missed the effects of it.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 8, 2012

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
I don't have any DLC. Is grinding Terramorphous the best way for me to find legendaries?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I just started the DLC for the first time on my level 50 Maya. All the non-DLC quests are scaled up to 50 and all the enemies in the first quest are 50, but the DLC quests themselves and the green reward to the first one was 40. Is this a bug or are the first few DLC quests capped at 40 even in playthrough 2.5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Draile posted:

I don't have any DLC. Is grinding Terramorphous the best way for me to find legendaries?

Not really. You're better off finding a list of what boss enemies drop their specific legendaries at a higher rate, choose the ones you want, and then farm them. It'll be much quicker.

Except in the case of The Warrior, who has a really low drop rate for its legendaries. For that, you'll probably just want to have someone duplicate the stuff for you. Or every item you want, if that's your thing.

• Locked thread