Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

some texas redneck posted:

My USDM petrol car gets less than 1/2 of that.

Said car is much smaller, much newer, a bit lighter, and has a gasoline engine that's significantly smaller.. and gets less than 1/2 of the MPG.

:smith:

My TDI golf has 140hp, 240lb/feet and gets 41 combined tank average :) It gets off the line just as well as my old 1.8t GLI did, but it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive. Just pisses me off that diesel has gone up over a dollar since I bought it a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Viggen posted:

I think I've found the ugliest car in the world. Just because parts are exchangeable, doesn't mean you should.

(This is why:)

WRX: Mullet edition?

I was looking at that car last night when searching for wagons and even though it's over priced at first I thought good things...

...until the images of the front end loaded on my phone.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

veedubfreak posted:

My TDI golf has 140hp, 240lb/feet and gets 41 combined tank average :) It gets off the line just as well as my old 1.8t GLI did, but it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive. Just pisses me off that diesel has gone up over a dollar since I bought it a year ago.

The nice thing is even with the rise in price, it doesn't SEEM like I'm spending much more, it usually just adds maybe a couple dollars to my total cost to fill the tank.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

veedubfreak posted:

I haven't noticed it going up that much beyond the dip in the summer and higher winter prices which happens every year (and comes with crappier fuel econ due to winter blends :argh:). Didn't you recently move from TX to CO? That would account for 20 cents of your price difference.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I was looking at that car last night when searching for wagons and even though it's over priced at first I thought good things...

Have you tried talking to Dave White? He's the indy shop in Washoe Valley. He's helped me buy and sell a few. The best part is he's no-BS. He'll tell you if the car is a junker, how it's been maintained, etc. If you don't have the number, shoot me an email/PM and I'll send it to you.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Shifty Pony posted:

I haven't noticed it going up that much beyond the dip in the summer and higher winter prices which happens every year (and comes with crappier fuel econ due to winter blends :argh:). Didn't you recently move from TX to CO? That would account for 20 cents of your price difference.

Nah, I've been out here 6 years at this point. When I bought the car in July 11, diesel was cheaper than unleaded :( Now it 3.85 vs 3.22.

At least it went down 15 cents yesterday. The light came on right as I pulled in to the station. 13.7 gallons and got 565 miles out of the tank. Best I ever got in the GLI was 330, and they both took about the same amount to fill up.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wonder what kind of car this is :v:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
A V6 auto.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Couldn't decide if this belonged in here or in the horrible mechanical failures thread when it inevitably tipped over or took out a traffic light.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Custom :gonk: '86 Starion!

"Craigslist posted:

Nice custom 1986 mitsubishi starion turbo on 20" venti plus rims. 2011 Cameron taillights 2002 Pontiac sunfire headlights 2002 oldsmobile alero fog lights 2006 Nissan 350z front and rear, 2006 BMW 745 center console. Contact me at 6094247843

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Holy gently caress. The rear isn't great but it's alright. That front end though. God drat. It'd look probably really good if it was a stock front end.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

JP Money posted:

Holy gently caress. The rear isn't great but it's alright. That front end though. God drat. It'd look probably really good if it was a stock front end.

"I like that paint job", in other words?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

gently caress me..... put this in the OP, this is what this thread was made for.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Viggen posted:

"I like that paint job", in other words?

It's not the stock rear end.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Looks like a new Camaro rear end to me.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

JP Money posted:

It's not the stock rear end.

I was just trying to get you to qualify WHAT you liked; that is the least hatcheted part of the car.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Tusen Takk posted:

Looks like a new Camaro rear end to me.

i think you mean Cameron

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Viggen posted:

I was just trying to get you to qualify WHAT you liked; that is the least hatcheted part of the car.

List of Likes:

Nothing on the front end
Mostly all of the car behind the front door to the taillights
Long walks on the beach

Jezrael
May 1, 2005
the bagel is an adequate vessel of nutrition
If they used the Camaro front end too it might've looked...okay(?), at least it's somewhat squared off. I'll be damned if I'm doing the photoshop though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Camarion looks like one of the unlicensed cars from Live For Speed.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Does saying I haven't driven my 93 RX-7 in a month count as terrible car stuff? :smith:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Does saying I haven't driven my 93 RX-7 in a month count as terrible car stuff? :smith:

Well, it depends. What have you been driving instead?

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...
It's like a weird 944..

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Poing posted:

It's like a weird 944..

My thoughts exactly, and the more I look at that front end, the less sense it makes. :psyduck:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
My first thought is that the front end of that car looks like a 350Z that's been kicked in.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

The front end has me thinking Pontiac Sunfire. No body kit should make anyone think Pontiac Sunfire.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Okay, gently caress this guy. Seriously.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JaysonAych posted:

The front end has me thinking Pontiac Sunfire. No body kit should make anyone think Pontiac Sunfire.

I know a guy with a body kitted Sunfire. It's a very sad looking car.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

I can't believe nobody pointed this out.

BWM E65 7 Series centre armrest... in a Starion... in the wrong color... no doubt with nothing actually hooked up... in a Starion...

WHY?!?! :psypop:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My neighbour has the Chrysler version of the starion (conquest is it?). It is so much fun to drive, I'm so jealous of it.

Then we have this thing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

metaxus posted:

I can't believe nobody pointed this out.

BWM E65 7 Series centre armrest... in a Starion... in the wrong color... no doubt with nothing actually hooked up... in a Starion...

WHY?!?! :psypop:

Hey, listen buddy, my agent said that tan was going to be in this year! It's a hot product, functioning buttons or not.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...
I actually LOLed at that. A pretty accurate :derp: face.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Notice the license plate says "numa numa" or whatever. :allears:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 7, 2012

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
nmuna? Looks like there's another letter at the end I can't make out.

Maybe its NMUNAN.

NEWMAN!!!!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Well that's just about perfect. :golfclap:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

Viggen posted:

I think I've found the ugliest car in the world. Just because parts are exchangeable, doesn't mean you should.

Very strange to see a picture of basically the back of my own car in this thread. He needs to fix his badges as they like to fall off on the 9-2x and probably other SAAB models.

I had to do that with mine but I used these instead of stock:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Cruseydr posted:

Very strange to see a picture of basically the back of my own car in this thread.

I think people continue to completely misinterpret this post. It's neither end that is horrible, it's just that I feel that they don't work together.. but expecting to see this:

"Wait.. what?"

Indeed. Probably more sawdust in the Starion, though. :golfclap: :haw:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Previa_fun posted:

The Camarion looks like one of the unlicensed cars from Live For Speed.

It's been a while since I played LFS, but uh, wasn't one of the free-to-play cars an exact replica of the Starion/Conquest anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

Viggen posted:

I think people continue to completely misinterpret this post. It's neither end that is horrible, it's just that I feel that they don't work together.. but expecting to see this:

"Wait.. what?"
Got it. I personally like the more subdued look of the 9-2X, rather than the way curvier original Impreza styling, and they definitely shouldn't be mixed.