Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Beach posted:

Will Overload cause tech explosions with ammo effects like incendiary?

Overload will detonate ammo effects, but ammo won't detonate overload. Ammo effects count as level one powers for damage calculations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.

Paracelsus posted:

Overload will detonate ammo effects, but ammo won't detonate overload. Ammo effects count as level one powers for damage calculations.

Many thanks

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

Ammo effects count as level one powers for damage calculations.

Meaning the resulting fire explosion does 70% damage and has a 3 meter radius.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
I love the Reserve Packs. I'm going for the N7 Mastery challenge and one of the perks of getting a character card is that you get a lump of XP with it too. So I hit 20, promote, buy cards and get XP so I don't have to slog through the horrors of level 1.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus just give me a loving destroyer you stupid game. :argh:

Then I can start buying arsenal packs.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Alteisen posted:

Yes.

So I got the volus vanguard, he seems great but ultra squishy, I find myself having to use the shield boost for the protection thing and then charging.

Any suggestions on a build or weapon for him?

I just went 6/6/6/4/4 and take an eviscerator to crack some banshee skulls.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I tried the Volguard but even with 4 biotic orbs specced for cooldown and a +200 weapon I never really felt that much faster than a novaguard. I wanted a crazy biotic pinball damnit!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Greetings gentlemen. Geth Engineer is supposed to be gold aka rare. Ive got most of the other classes but Geth Engineer eludes me. I'm gay for Salarians so it isnt the greatest crime on earth but is there some rite Im missing to get the Geth Eng? Should I sacrifice a blonde woman from the 80s on top of an art deco toaster? Construct an opera from spinning old floppy drives and 56k modems? I was told once a regular spectre pack increases chances for regular rares. Tell me this is true. I bought uncommons for the Mattock and it was literally the last uncommon thing to get. I had everything else at 10 before getting rank 3 on the mattock.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 20, 2012

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007

Von_Doom posted:

Greetings gentlemen. Geth Engineer is supposed to be gold aka rare. Ive got most of the other classes but Geth Engineer eludes me. I'm gay for Salarians so it isnt the greatest crime on earth but is there some rite Im missing to get the Geth Eng? Should I sacrifice a blonde woman from the 80s on top of an art deco toaster? Construct an opera from spinning old floppy drives and 56k modems? I was told once a regular spectre pack increases chances for regular rares. Tell me this is true. I bought uncommons for the Mattock and it was literally the last uncommon thing to get. I had everything else at 10 before getting rank 3 on the mattock.

Spectre pack is a guarenteed rare, but the new reserve pack has a higher character chance along with two gold cards.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

First arsenal pack of the night gave me a Cerberus Harrier VIII. :getin:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

First arsenal pack of the night gave me a Cerberus Harrier VIII. :getin:

One of my RESERVE packs gave me a Cerberus Harrier VIII! :aaa:
And the Reserve Pack before that gave me a Particle Rifle :aaaaa:

I don't even know anymore. And when I was trying to buy packs the Store took FOREVER with the loading screens while I was buying.

And the glitchyness of this game will never cease to amaze me. The first game I get into, all the enemies are invisible to me, there is literally no way for me to see them, no red box or anything, the only thing I saw was the Collector web once. And they were blocking my way once cause they kept staggering me. I would watch my team shoot at seemingly nothing. The killfeed didn't show up either.

This game, man,

Vietnamwees fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 20, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vietnamwees posted:

One of my RESERVE packs gave me a Cerberus Harrier VIII! :aaa:
And the Reserve Pack before that gave me a Particle Rifle :aaaaa:

I don't even know anymore. And when I was trying to buy packs the Store took FOREVER with the loading screens while I was buying.

And the glitchyness of this game will never cease to amaze me. The first game I get into, all the enemies are invisible to me, there is literally no way for me to see them, no red box or anything, the only thing I saw was the Collector web once. And they were blocking my way once cause they kept staggering me. I would watch my team shoot at seemingly nothing. The killfeed didn't show up either.

This game, man,

I had this one to, I couldn't even see 2 teammates either, I kept getting hit and going down but couldn't see poo poo, then it got stuck on a loading screen once the match ended.

I got grenade capacity III and Stronghold package from my reserve pack so I'm happy as poo poo.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I still think spectre packs are the best overall, because I get so much equipment that I can keep wasting level 3 ammo and poo poo on silver matches to make them more fun.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Someday I want to see someone missile glitching on bronze, just so my brain can come to a full stop over the concept of someone being that bad at games, yet still playing them.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

zxqv8 posted:

I still think spectre packs are the best overall, because I get so much equipment that I can keep wasting level 3 ammo and poo poo on silver matches to make them more fun.

Not to mention the best chance for the rarest drops of all...

... silver gear :eng99:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
So is the consensus to get Arsenal/Reserve or PSP?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Anybody on 360 tonight for a few rounds on Gold? GT is rummskull.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Monolith. posted:

So is the consensus to get Arsenal/Reserve or PSP?

If you're really hoping for a specific rare character or weapon try the new packs. If you're just trying to get everything buy regular spectres. You get the best ultra rare/credit rate out of those in addition the extra gel, consumables and silver gear.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lagomorphic posted:

If you're really hoping for a specific rare character or weapon try the new packs. If you're just trying to get everything buy regular spectres. You get the best ultra rare/credit rate out of those in addition the extra gel, consumables and silver gear.

Wait, is there hard data that you get more URs per credit in SPs rather than PSPs? That sounds completely backwards... I don't believe I've ever gotten an UR in a regular SP.

The fact that they bothered making Arsenal and Reserve packs is making me highly suspect there's going to be one more big DLC, because those packs have got to be targeted at the obsessives who spend Real Money as soon as new guns come out.

Basically I just want FemTurianAdept and a couple more Salarians. And a Prothean.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Elotana posted:

I get Russians mumbling at me often when I play early on the weekends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKJ-3sLbeMc

(Anyone dissing the Asari melee is nuts :v:)

Counterpoint: Lift Grenades are Pretty Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_teA5Bnp0VQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh, and do Arsenal Packs have a higher chance for Gear, or is that Reserve Packs, or neither? Because I'm really sick of having Omni-Capacitors sitting at level II.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

precision posted:

Wait, is there hard data that you get more URs per credit in SPs rather than PSPs? That sounds completely backwards... I don't believe I've ever gotten an UR in a regular SP.

The fact that they bothered making Arsenal and Reserve packs is making me highly suspect there's going to be one more big DLC, because those packs have got to be targeted at the obsessives who spend Real Money as soon as new guns come out.

Basically I just want FemTurianAdept and a couple more Salarians. And a Prothean.

No hard data because Bioware won't release it but alot of people are tracking drops rates and comparing them and although you do get more UR's per pack with PSP's it's not a big enough difference to make up for the the 39K spacebux. I've gotten a lot of UR's out of regular spectres since making the switch, but I haven't been keeping exact numbers.

This blogger has been keeping numbers.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Managed to get a particle rifle IV and V out of a reserve pack. I know the drop rate is only skewed towards characters and it isn't a given, but drat. Slapped it on my destroyer with incendiary ammo and some amps. I forgot how much fun that setup was.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

precision posted:

It seems possible for Bioware to carve just a few more niches into the current MP roster without going totally overboard into redundancy, especially if a couple missing SP powers were implemented. Thematic consistency be damned, everybody wants Protheans!

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Speaking of Lift Greandes, what's a good build for the Asari Vanguard these days? Is skipping Stasis a good idea?

I'm assuming that the playstyle will be similar to the Drell Vanguard, which I love. Charge -> Grenade in face.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My current setup is 6/3/6/5/6, but I'm thinking of eliminating Stasis entirely as I mostly just use it for grabbing Phantoms and the occasional Possessed Abom.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I never use Stasis anymore. Those days have gone the way of Always Be Sniping and Decoy being useful. :qq:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Just got the Collector SMG in a Reserve Pack (?). Is it any good?

VVV Figures. I've gotten the worst unlocks today.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 20, 2012

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Just got the Collector SMG in a Reserve Pack (?). Is it any good?

It's the booby prize right now, really not a very useful gun, even as a sidearm, due to the length of reload animation and small clip.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978
If anyone feels like doing some 360 gold and wants a volus adept healer, psimitry is standing by...

Also just bought my first reserve pack...krogan soldier and krogan sentinel..had them both...:wtf:

Psimitry fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 20, 2012

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

exquisite tea posted:

It seems possible for Bioware to carve just a few more niches into the current MP roster without going totally overboard into redundancy, especially if a couple missing SP powers were implemented. Thematic consistency be damned, everybody wants Protheans!

I hope they would make more new powers if they're going to add any more characters because the last batch had some good stuff in it but kind of showed that the idea well was starting to run dry. 4 out of the 6 new biotic characters had warp which seemed pretty lazy.

The outlook for things like Slam and Dominate ever seeing the light of day is pretty grim too based on the dev comments on BSN. They've talked about it but the conclusion seems to be that it would take a lot of work to make them useful/balanced in multiplayer so they're just not going to use them. Maybe the tech powers have a chance, Defense Matrix doesn't seem like it would be that unbalanced, especially when you consider that Shield Boost was added and has a similar shield restoring mechanic that is an easily spammable AoE. Defense Drone isn't particularly useful though. Maybe on an engineer focused on CQC but they'd have to buff the damage a lot to make it worth using.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Lagomorphic posted:

No hard data because Bioware won't release it but alot of people are tracking drops rates and comparing them and although you do get more UR's per pack with PSP's it's not a big enough difference to make up for the the 39K spacebux. I've gotten a lot of UR's out of regular spectres since making the switch, but I haven't been keeping exact numbers.

This blogger has been keeping numbers.

Unfortunately that's not nearly large enough a sample size. Another resource suggests a drop rate of about 1 in 7 in PSPs, but of course it's unconfirmed. If the chance of an ultra-rare dropping in place of a guaranteed rare is the same for each rare slot in SPs and PSPs, then that suggests SPs would have a drop rate of about 7.5% and PSPs are the better deal.

So basically nobody knows for sure.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm at 8/8 for Squad Elite but it won't unlock. Anyone come across this?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I like the Havoc, but we just found that four of them don't really seem to do enough damage for everything to not be a complete stim-pack gobbling mess where the first one to get staggered for a second dies and starts the revive-tango.

It's pretty crazy having four of em in one match.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Two Finger posted:

I had this happen too. It's marked as complete on the website, but in-game I have 125% completion. I can set the banner from either place.

It's not really a problem unless you want to complete that challenge more than once.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Two Finger posted:

Yup. Not too bothered by it since I have the banner (and I won't use it anyway). It's probably their answer for the tiered things resetting in this case, since they likely didn't want to force people to play a lot of platinum just to get it.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Zoran posted:

Unfortunately that's not nearly large enough a sample size. Another resource suggests a drop rate of about 1 in 7 in PSPs, but of course it's unconfirmed. If the chance of an ultra-rare dropping in place of a guaranteed rare is the same for each rare slot in SPs and PSPs, then that suggests SPs would have a drop rate of about 7.5% and PSPs are the better deal.

So basically nobody knows for sure.

Yeah I know it's not enough of a sample size to be conclusive but it's the only numbers I've seen that wasn't crowd source to BSN idiots who were loving up the numbers by including Volus drops. It's enough numbers for me to consider in evidence in favor of spectres but it's certainly not a large enough sample to conclusive.

Two Finger posted:

It doesn't reset by design. They don't want people stuck with it partially done whenever they stop running weekend ops. I think it's stupid but it's working as intended.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Psimitry posted:

If anyone feels like doing some 360 gold and wants a volus adept healer, psimitry is standing by...

Also just bought my first reserve pack...krogan soldier and krogan sentinel..had them both...:wtf:

I bought a reserve pack, and didn't get any characters at all. I mean, I know it says "higher chance," but still.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I got two volus mercenary and a turian saboteur in a reserve pack. Ive had four character cards from buying two of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Houdini posted:

I got two volus mercenary and a turian saboteur in a reserve pack. Ive had four character cards from buying two of them.

I got an upgrade to my Cerberus Vanguard :negative:

• Locked thread