Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Reminds me of that one pic from Fuzzkill's thread (which I don't have handy, but I'm sure someone does) of his Corolla after he put the blower on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you're in hock up to your eyeballs you don't actually have either
If you can afford just to qualify for a lease on a $100k car, you're not too bad off, even if it's a stretch to make the payments. Kinda separates them from people who are busting their rear end going broke making 96-month payments on a $15k econobox, ya know?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

:stare:

You poo poo yourself, right? Pretty sure I would have poo poo myself.

astoundingly, no. I managed to avoid any stupid swerving or brake-slamming, and once I realized I wasn't dead, I put my foot on the brake and slowed it down while praying that I didn't hit anything. One thing that this picture doesnt show that makes it even more fun, is that the car had a sunroof. you can see in the pic i posted where the hood is bent back from the impact with the roof. well, it hit hard enough when it did that the top slapped the sunroof and showered me with broken glass. so one minute im driving along at some miles per hour, then i cant see anything right as theres a loud metallic bang and the sound of broken glass. Probably the scariest thing to ever happen to me. Top 5 at least.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

grover posted:

If you can afford just to qualify for a lease on a $100k car, you're not too bad off, even if it's a stretch to make the payments. Kinda separates them from people who are busting their rear end going broke making 96-month payments on a $15k econobox, ya know?

To use the example of the Escalade in front of the laundromat, a lot of those $100K cars weren't paid for with leases, they were paid with cash from mortgaging home equity against bubble-inflated values, which have since busted. So a lot of those people with $100K cars are lucky if they even have roofs over their heads anymore.

So, yeah, I guess the guy making 96 month payments on a $15k shitbox is different from the guy with a 5-year old Escalade and a $200k mortgage on a $100k house.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Sorry for the blurry, it was dark, but..

No, the perspective isn't off - I could have almost driven my car under that... thing. Just wish I'd been there to see how the driver got in/out. :stonk: I could have walked under it without bending over very far.. :clint:

There's a pretty awesome Rolls Royce that pops up in our lot twice a week though. :swoon: I'll try and snag a picture for the not-terrible thread next time I see it.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 23, 2012

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

quite nice at first glance, not terrible at all...

on closer inspection though,

he probably shouldn't park so close to the curb I guess.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.
Since this says terrible car stuff and not necessarily terrible car pictures, here is a thread.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/212645-my-2008-fn2-ctr-won-direct-port-setup.html

My favorite excerpts:

quote:

I had already installed a Skunk2 short shifter adapter some time ago, but decided to lengthen the gear lever by placing a piece of treaded bar to it connected by a tube with internal treads on both ends.

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by obert
A couple of ?'s...........how did you keep the metal from dropping down in the intake when you drilled the holes ? Isn't the metal going to get sucked into the motor and f stuff up ? Also having the bottle in side the car with you.......is that safe ?
I couldn`t be arsed to remove the intake manifold to remove the metal particles, so when everything was finished I got behind the wheel, started the car and revved it to blow the shavings and **** out of the exhaust.
apparently that worked, engine is running fine.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Geoj posted:

Its kind of vague, but it sounds more to me like the supplier of the hood latches hosed up and didn't install the secondary catch that keeps the hood shut after you pop it from inside the cabin. So the line assemblers installed latch mechanisms that were missing a critical component, not forgetting to install a latch at all.

Meanwhile other manufacturers have solved the problem of needing secondary latches at all.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Collateral Damage posted:

Meanwhile other manufacturers have solved the problem of needing secondary latches at all.

A black Carlsson! :swoon:

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

FuzzKill posted:

Since this says terrible car stuff and not necessarily terrible car pictures, here is a thread.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/212645-my-2008-fn2-ctr-won-direct-port-setup.html

My favorite excerpts:

I couldn`t be arsed to remove the intake manifold to remove the metal particles, so when everything was finished I got behind the wheel, started the car and revved it to blow the shavings and **** out of the exhaust.

This thread is beautiful, thank you.

Also, that command panel is sweet, I love the electrical tape finish.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FuzzKill posted:

There isn't a :stare: big enough.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Sagebrush posted:

Hey, free polishing job!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

No poo poo. I love the Reality Distortion Field that he puts out that convinces him that the flaming he gets is because the nitrous kit he used is "different than the American ones" and not due to his lovely installation.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Viggen posted:

A black Carlsson! :swoon:
From now on, that's what you should call Absolut and coke.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

quote:

The WON system is much more advanced and efficient than all the American kits, no purge system needed at all.

I don't think this guy understands why you purge nitrous lines :psyduck:

But hey, gently caress America, right?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Not just that, but with the bottle not being at the proper angle, he's gonna be giving his local NOS filling station so much money... That whole set-up is just an abomination. Wow, holy poo poo:

quote:

Well, the amount of metal particles were minimal after I used a narrow wooden stick with some grease und managed to angle out most of the debris.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Devyl posted:

Not just that, but with the bottle not being at the proper angle, he's gonna be giving his local NOS filling station so much money... That whole set-up is just an abomination. Wow, holy poo poo:

Its just how a machine shop would do it! :allears:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Carfax could probably make some money opening a "modified by an idiot" registry that permanently marks a VIN like that.

I wonder how much longer after 2010 that engine lived.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Carfax could probably make some money opening a "modified by an idiot" registry that permanently marks a VIN like that.

I wonder how much longer after 2010 that engine lived.

* Rust
* Modified by an idiot
* off the books cut-and-shut to hide at-fault collision damage

Those are the ONLY things I care about when buying a vehicle, and also some of the only things that really never show up on a carfax report.

Those who know me and have seen my collection of vehicles are probably thinking "what, it has to fit all those categories? :haw:"

They would be right :eng99:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Saw this leather-wrapped Land Rover on instagram:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

cyberia posted:

Saw this leather-wrapped Land Rover on instagram:

Peak Chelsea reached.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Is the interior upholstered in Burburry?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Devyl posted:

Hopefully it's upholstered in beriberi.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Devyl posted:

I was kind of hoping the interior would be made out of custom pressed Birmabright.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
"LEATHER EXTERIOR, BRUSHED ALUMINUM INTERIOR"

"Wait, isn't that backwards?"

"Nope" :downsgun:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

except it's brushed aluminum look plastic, to go with the "leather" texture vinyl wrap on the outside.

Godzilla525
Sep 28, 2010

Tip: If you're going to install brake lights that have clear lenses, make sure you actually can find an auto parts store that carries red brake light bulbs. This was in Pennsyltucky. I wonder how many times they've been pulled over between here and there. :ughh:

...or did they get the wiring crossed to the back up lights?

(being the H3, it belongs here anyway...) :haw:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
A few terrible pickups spotted at the local you-pull-it over the last month or so.

The exhaust was dangling underneath and had been cut almost all the way through right behind the muffler. I'm not sure the stack was actually doing anything.

Truly rusted datsun. Apparently it was a diesel... wait, what's that fence post doing there?

Oh god that's a stack :gonk:

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

FuzzKill posted:

My favorite has to be this line at the bottom of the first page:

quote:

Next year my car will be out of warranty and that would be a good time to get the Hondata flashpro.

How is it not "out of warranty" the moment you start pulling this poo poo? Also, judging by his post history that thing still runs too, and a quick check of the license plate(This stuff's in a public database in The Netherlands) reveals that it even passed the annual inspection.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Godzilla525 posted:

Tip: If you're going to install brake lights that have clear lenses, make sure you actually can find an auto parts store that carries red brake light bulbs. This was in Pennsyltucky. I wonder how many times they've been pulled over between here and there. :ughh:

...or did they get the wiring crossed to the back up lights?

(being the H3, it belongs here anyway...) :haw:

Isn't it just grand that SC doesn't have vehicle inspections? They probably have had the truck like that for years.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Here's a case of you're doing it all wrong.

Handicapped hanger, partially in the space in the wrong direction.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aurune posted:

Here's a case of you're doing it all wrong.

Handicapped hanger, partially in the space in the wrong direction.

...maybe the handicapped in question was riding shotgun?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'm pretty sure only someone grossly handicapped (:downs:) could have managed to park that badly.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Really? Why?

Edit: not complaining about the parking job. That's to be expected.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 25, 2012

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
Found this at the local pull apart, wish I'd gotten a couple more shots because the panel work at the back of the cab was amazing.

edit: drat fancy thumbnail tags
Also, didn't even notice the timbo badge until now.

Poisonlizard fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 26, 2012

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Poisonlizard posted:

Found this at the local pull apart, wish I'd gotten a couple more shots because the panel work at the back of the cab was amazing.

edit: drat fancy thumbnail tags
Also, didn't even notice the timbo badge until now.
I was getting ready to laugh at this post and then go to another thread until I realized the car still has a plate and was not inside the junkyard.

I don't even know what a cop would put on the ticket for having seen something like that here.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

some texas redneck posted:

No, the perspective isn't off - I could have almost driven my car under that... thing. Just wish I'd been there to see how the driver got in/out. :stonk: I could have walked under it without bending over very far.. :clint:

There's a pretty awesome Rolls Royce that pops up in our lot twice a week though. :swoon: I'll try and snag a picture for the not-terrible thread next time I see it.

Clearly he just slings his giant penis up to the oh poo poo handle and climbs up like a rope.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

That looks like Preston and Belt Line. Is the mystery RR black with a vanity plate?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

delpheye posted:

That looks like Preston and Belt Line. Is the mystery RR black with a vanity plate?

:tinfoil: I always forget how many goons are in DFW. I'm impressed that you ID'd the intersection from one very blurry/dark photo of a parking lot..

I didn't pay attention to the plate, but yeah, it's black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

:tinfoil: I always forget how many goons are in DFW. I'm impressed that you ID'd the intersection from one very blurry/dark photo of a parking lot..

I didn't pay attention to the plate, but yeah, it's black.

hahahah is that creepy? I can stop. I used to live in the apartments behind that building back when there was a CD Warehouse and a convenience store at the end.

I wanna see the RR. There's one here I can shoot and post. It's not terrible though.