Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's a great article :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Biden Pins Up Guitar Lesson Flyers On White House Bulletin Board

It's just the headline and the picture, but Uncle Joe. :allears:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It Sounded Fancy, So I Ate It

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
'Tis the season: Holiday Advertisers Seek Coveted Dicktard Demographic

Time Cowboy posted:

This makes me so happy. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's a couple of articles that are only funny because they were put up around the same time:
Top Quotes of 2012
Top Quotes of '2012'

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Third Amendment Rights Group Celebrates Another Successful Year

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
An old favourite:

New Heart Device Allows Cheney To Experience Love

quote:

"The vice president broke free from the straps that secured him to the bed and lurched at me as he customarily does following a heart procedure," said Reiner. "But instead of trying to strangle me, he wrapped his arms around me in a hug."

quote:

Attending a Monday evening GOP fundraiser at the Washington Convention Center, Cheney was accompanied by David Gillian, 6, a young boy he had previously crippled, and by a small fawn who had followed him to the event.

:allears:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Slovenian 8th graders surprised they outperformed the US

http://www.theonion.com/articles/slovenian-8thgraders-surprised-even-they-outperfor,30692/

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Time Cowboy posted:

It appears that the letter in the upper right is about a UFO sighting from a military official.

:tinfoil:

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

I think the only thing I miss about the Bush presidency is those articles :(

Bush To Lovely Chilean Ambassador:'I Must Paint You'

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
A new video: Mayan Word For 'Apocalypse' Actually Translates More Accurately As 'Time Of Pale Obese Gun Monsters'

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Grifter posted:

It appears that the letter in the upper right is about a UFO sighting from a military official.

:tinfoil:

And looks like a FOIA request denial right below it. Nice.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
A video on gun control from the short-lived IFC show: New Law Legalizes Brandishing Guns At Head Level

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
They put an oldie up on their front page:
Activist Judge Cancels Christmas

I had forgotten how funny this one was, and how good of a parody it is on the 'war on Christmas' horseshit.

The Onion posted:

"Why did the bad man take away Christmas?" 5-year-old Danny Dover said. "I made a card for my mommy out of paper and glue, and now I can't give it to her."
Shortly after Dover issued his statement, police kicked down his door, removed his holiday tree, confiscated his presents, and crushed his homemade card underfoot.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Has the War on Christmas­­™ been waging for over 7 years now? Time flies when you're hating freedom.

They've been posting a lot of old Christmas articles today. It's fun.

Religious Cousin Ruins Family's Christmas

quote:

The trouble began for the Langans in early December, when the family was contacted by Krueger, who explained that she was in the Montoursville area for a six-week Bible-study program and looking for a place to spend the holidays. The Langans, who readily welcomed the visiting cousin into their home, were unaware that she had spent a majority of her adult life attending various "personal enrichment programs," converting to a conservative synod of the Lutheran church and gradually alienating all non-Christian members of her social circle.

"The first thing she did when she got here was explain that our Christmas tree was a pagan tradition Jesus never would have approved of," said mother Janet Langan, 49. "Not long after, she nearly fainted when she discovered we didn't have an Advent calendar in the house, so Marv had to run out and buy one."

As always, the last line is the best line.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Romney, Ryan Sneak Into DNC While Posing As Caterers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I feel like this sums up the thought processes of people who think they can stop mass shootings.

If Someone Tried to Burn My Village, I'd be Like, "gently caress You"

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

World's Jews Celebrate Christmas With Ceremonial Re-Murdering Of Christ

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

This one is great but I don't know why they didn't just sit on it until Easter. It doesn't make any sense for Christmas. Also is it just me or is the pay wall gone? I haven't been locked out of an article in weeks.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

We've Had Our Differences, But I'd Be Willing To Serve As Obama's Secretary Of State
By Kid Rock

kitsunamugen
Dec 22, 2012
Maybe it says more about me than theonion, but I remember reading this at work when I was doing a traineeship at a roofing company.

I Just Assumed The Hobo With The Top Hat Was The One In Charge

I remember having to hide under my desk, lying in the fetal position, trying desperately not to laugh until I passed out.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

All on Black posted:

This one is great but I don't know why they didn't just sit on it until Easter. It doesn't make any sense for Christmas. Also is it just me or is the pay wall gone? I haven't been locked out of an article in weeks.

Well it was released in 1999, they just reposted it on their facebook the other day. Making it Easter in the first place probably would have been better though, yeah.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

And now for a healthy dose of paranoia.

Report: Life Put In Hands Of 2,000 Complete Strangers Every Single Day

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Reading this one actually made me nauseous:

8th-Grade Health Class Squirms Throughout Entire Screening Of 'Miracle Of Abortion'

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

All on Black posted:

Also is it just me or is the pay wall gone? I haven't been locked out of an article in weeks.

Did you move to the US?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Blog Free or Die posted:

I think the only thing I miss about the Bush presidency is those articles :(

That administration was definitely a golden age for Onion articles.

Basketball Rolls To Stop At Cheney's Foot

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Hot Boys We Liked in 2012

I just love whenever the Onion writes like a pre-teen girl.

edit: hey i can't find "Clinton Makes Collage for Best Friend" anymore! I love that one

CatchrNdRy has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Dec 29, 2012

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

^^^

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Did you move to the US?

Nope. Still in the frozen hinterland of Canadia.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
America Ends Love Affair With McKayla Maroney After Finding Out She’s 16

Not sure what this is supposed to be making fun of.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

"I swear I totally thought she was 18". Don't over think it

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Man Already Knows Everything He Needs To Know About Muslims

Bald Eagle Tired of Everyone Just Assuming It Supports the War

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wendy's To Phase Out Unpopular Hamburger Sandwich

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

They just need more frankfurter sandwiches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjNJytNO8Ow

(Don't try to tell me this song ain't a bunch of innuendo.)

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
I love this:

Biden To Cool His Heels In Mexico For A While

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

thanks good sir, where did you find it?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Haha, I was just about to post that. I've never seen that before!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

The comments on the Onion's Facebook posting for this recently are pretty much as you'd expect. But it DID lead to the Jessica Milly account posting this story:

Man Knows Unsettling Amount About Nationwide Age-Of-Consent Laws

Which was pretty accurate.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Where does the Onion get their photos for their articles? Do they use stock images or do they take specific photos for each thing? I'm curious because I wonder whether the girl in articles like this know what their photo will forever be associated with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where does the Onion get their photos for their articles? Do they use stock images or do they take specific photos for each thing? I'm curious because I wonder whether the girl in articles like this know what their photo will forever be associated with.

Can't find where I read it but they take the pictures themselves and they generally use regular people who either have interesting faces (American Voices) or good generic faces that can be photoshopped for different articles.