Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rolo posted:

my Dart.

hhhrrrrrnnnnfffffff I'm so jealous. Great looking little car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Waxed my thingy today.

Gonna rain tomorrow.

:negative:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Chinatown posted:

Waxed my thingy today.

Gonna rain tomorrow.

:negative:

So good. You make me miss mine :(

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Good god those wheels are tragic.

Thank god. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought that!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

GramCracker posted:

Thank god. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought that!

They're not super refined but they look light and purposeful.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

kimbo305 posted:

They're for snows, so that's pretty irrelevant.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

They're for snows, so that's pretty irrelevant.

I suppose so. I'd still have those than steelies, which are a bitch to clean snow out of.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kimbo305 posted:

Tragic would be chrome. While not brilliant, those are OK.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

MasterOfDemons posted:

Went and got her a really nice 2013 C300 lease deal. Freehold Benz were great to work with it, absolutely amazing car buying experience.

Sup fellow Central Jersey Goon. I've heard nothing but good things about Freehold Benz, unlike Ray Catina, who never has anything in stock and you have to order anything and everything.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

Tragic would be chrome. While not brilliant, those are OK.

Well yes, but I don't think "it could've been worse" is ever a valid excuse :). At the very least, I'd try painting them black/body color. That would go a long way making it look much better, like that blue E46 :fap:.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

CountOfNowhere posted:

I actually bought the wheels from a guy that was selling 'cause they didn't fit his e39 525i wagon. Had no clue the M5's center bore was "correct". Should make selling those things easier.

If you want to sell them, let me know...

MasterOfDemons
Mar 15, 2003

Custom phone cases, clocks, lighters and much more. Message me for details!

screenwritersblues posted:

Sup fellow Central Jersey Goon. I've heard nothing but good things about Freehold Benz, unlike Ray Catina, who never has anything in stock and you have to order anything and everything.

Hello there!

Yeah, the experience was amazing, normally you'd think walking into a Benz dealership you'll get profiled. Not at all, the guy asked for my vin of the 2008 so he could pull it up and see what options it had, then found us a car in the back that matched as close as possible, only thing it's missing at the auto fold mirrors and the HID's but we didn't care that much.

They were awesome when it came to the financing too, explained everything and matched what I was paying on my 08for the 13 lease. Really great experience. Where in Central NJ are you located?

jrosesn
Jan 2, 2013
Fiat Punto Mk2 8v. A lot has gone wrong. Exhaust downpipe, where it meets the cat, had rusted through and sheared off. While reversing and changing a CD next to a large stone wall. So this happened:

Head gasket had blown in three places and radiator fan wasn't working right. The rear brakes and handbrake had completely seized up. Also found out the MOT was overdue by a month. Got that fixed and through the MOT. Was advised that the chassis looked like it had been damaged by previous owners jacking it up at the wrong place but was structurally sound, and that the oil sump was leaking as it had previously been repaired with fiberglass poorly. Ignored that for a while as it was a small issue. Exhaust started blowing again as the downpipe/cat joint had rusted through and split in half, got that fixed. Then got the oil sump fixed as some road authority was round at my door complaining about the oil in teh road. Just need to replace the spark plugs and leads now.

jrosesn fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 26, 2013

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I would buy a Fiat Punto for the name alone, I find them to be horribly adorable cars. :3:

Found a good opportunity to take a better picture of the ride, unfortunately it's pretty dirty with all the rain we've been having.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Whats up with the front plate? Are they required in Washington even though its just blank?

That almost looks alien without a push bar to me, lots of cops drive those in the more well off cities around here.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Cage posted:

Whats up with the front plate? Are they required in Washington even though its just blank?

That almost looks alien without a push bar to me, lots of cops drive those in the more well off cities around here.

I kinda photoshopped the front plate and it came out weird but said fuckit because :effort:. Also yes they are required in Washington State unfortunately

A lot of my friends and co-workers are telling me I should get the Police Package steelies on it for MAXIMUM UNDERCOVER look, either way it definitely moves slow assholes out of the fast lane in a hurry and even this morning I was car-pooling and a bunch of people would jump into the carpool lane, see me and jump back into hell-mode traffic because they thought I was an unmarked car haha. I'm contemplating buying a "FBI" hat to wear when I drive around so I can strike even more fear into other motorists. Kirkland Police have already transitioned to the current-gen Dodge Charger Pursuit so I have less of a stage presence around those parts but otherwise most of WA state is still using the Crown Vic, even the Seattle suburbs who have massively over-funded PD's still use the Crown Vic.

That is not in particular why I bought the vehicle, it has something more to do with the massive engine under the hood and all the tail-happy, roaring goodness it brings.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Are front plates standard in most states? I've noticed quite a few posts in here about getting away without attaching them. As a michigoon, I've never had to deal with the ugly things

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
They're required here in Mass if you have red lettered plates, if you have the old green lettered plates (they used to issue a single green lettered plate years ago) you can still run only one but they're starting to really push the issue of switching over to new red letters now.

I actually got pulled over and reamed out, then ticketed, for not having my front plate on back in June or so. Sucked.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Lord Frisk posted:

Are front plates standard in most states? I've noticed quite a few posts in here about getting away without attaching them. As a michigoon, I've never had to deal with the ugly things

Actually, it's about 50/50 for front plate requirements, the last time I checked. They're required here in Minnesota unless you have some manner of collector plates, which kinda makes me wonder why that's an exception anyway. I've been running without mine attached for a year and a half now, and nobody's given a poo poo (maybe it's because my car looks appropriate without it). I still keep the plate and mounting hardware inside one of my storage compartments, though.

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

My 300zx from New Years day from a more front angle

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That is one hell of a picture!

JerseyDevil
Jun 26, 2009

MasterOfDemons posted:

Hello there!

Yeah, the experience was amazing, normally you'd think walking into a Benz dealership you'll get profiled. Not at all, the guy asked for my vin of the 2008 so he could pull it up and see what options it had, then found us a car in the back that matched as close as possible, only thing it's missing at the auto fold mirrors and the HID's but we didn't care that much.

They were awesome when it came to the financing too, explained everything and matched what I was paying on my 08for the 13 lease. Really great experience. Where in Central NJ are you located?

Another Central Jersey Goon reporting in. I bought my Civic, and later my Accord from the Honda of Freehold, right next to that Benz dealer, and my purchase was written up on Freehold Mercedes stationary so I'm thinking they're owned by the same people. I had a similarly excellent experience with Honda of Freehold, and when I wrecked my Civic I went back to the same salesman because he was that good.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Lord Frisk posted:

:hf: Michigoon

I think it's more cash for a state (only once though, I mean, how often do you buy plates?) and I guess it makes identifying your car easier for cameras and such. Ruins the look of pretty much any vehicle in my opinion.

MasterOfDemons
Mar 15, 2003

Custom phone cases, clocks, lighters and much more. Message me for details!

JerseyDevil posted:

Another Central Jersey Goon reporting in. I bought my Civic, and later my Accord from the Honda of Freehold, right next to that Benz dealer, and my purchase was written up on Freehold Mercedes stationary so I'm thinking they're owned by the same people. I had a similarly excellent experience with Honda of Freehold, and when I wrecked my Civic I went back to the same salesman because he was that good.

Yeah, I believe they own Honda, VW and Benz. Buddy of mine is dealing with VW to get his girl a car now.

Where in Central you located?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

A lot of people here in MA will just drive around with their front plate stuffed in the windshield. I did that for a few months and never got pulled over for it, but they wouldn't pass my inspection until I secured it to the front bumper somehow. I bought one of those show-n-go license plate brackets that mount under the bumper and can fold away.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

quote:

People not liking my wheels

Maybe it's the pictures or something, but I've actually had a number of people compliment me on the wheels seeing them in person. I dunno, I like them. :)

I'll try to get some pictures of the interior at some point; is there anything in particular you want to see?

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 28, 2018

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007
New girl:
http://imgur.com/ksy9O

Old fat bitch:
http://imgur.com/LwjXd

Dads TT with tons of boost.
http://imgur.com/DJuGa

Warning, they are huge.

radikewlism fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 9, 2013

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I think you just linked to the delete links on those images.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Lightbulb Out posted:

I think you just linked to the delete links on those images.

Don't worry, someone already balleted them :downs:

Doughboy
Jan 9, 2013
My maxima!

Before:

After:

Now:

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.
Just some random one's I never got around to putting up. Two artsyfartsy Instagram photos, and two from my 100 mile trip through terrifying backroads with a group of friends:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
More artsy fartsy corvette pictures!

kill me now fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 10, 2013

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

kill me now posted:

More artsy fartsy corvette pictures!

Ungfh that's sexy. Is that a Z06? I can't see the fender, but it looks like a wider body than stock, which would indicate Grand Sport of Z06. Beautiful either way!

Not sure if you ever heard of a company called Supervettes. I've always been a fan of Corvettes and I hate body kits (Tigershark included). However the stuff they're churning out makes the C6 look absolutely unreal.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
its a grand sport

and as far as supervettes goes, some of their stuff is ok, some is :barf:.

example:
http://www.supervettes.com/zr6x-extreme-hood-with-vent-for-c6-z06-grand-sport.html

kill me now fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 10, 2013

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

kill me now posted:

its a grand sport

and as far as supervettes goes, some of their stuff is ok, some is :barf:.

example:
http://www.supervettes.com/zr6x-extreme-hood-with-vent-for-c6-z06-grand-sport.html

Ahhh nice. I've always liked the GS fender scoop design better than the base, Z06 or ZR1.

Also, the thing with the Supervettes stuff is that the individual pieces along look bad without the rest. That hood looks like absolute poo poo on that car, but if you see it on there with the rest of the kit, then it's a different story. The new GT6X they're building looks unreal: http://www.flickr.com/photos/supervettes/6984088970/

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
MMMMM Model S.... Can't wait to dig into it!

blk
Dec 19, 2009

eeenmachine posted:

MMMMM Model S.... Can't wait to dig into it!

Which battery pack?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Goddammit that looks just like a stock '98 to '04 JDM something-or-other scoop, and now it's driving me nuts because I can't remember what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

blk posted:

Which battery pack?

85, non performance but fully loaded otherwise.