Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Tardcore posted:

Do they really still do that? I don't even know why they'd bother with it in this day and age.

They most certainly do. My sister and I were looking for the Django Unchained soundtrack because I wanted the physical media instead of an iTunes download, and we'd already been to several other stores that surprisingly didn't carry it at all. At Walmart, there was one copy left, and I was loving excited and ran to the register to pay until I realized Walmart used to edit their CDs and looked at the cover of the CD just as I was about to pay. No "parental guidance, explicit lyrics" label, and the sticker said (EDITED). Talk about a worthless poo poo thing to almost mistakenly buy.

Needless to say, I went to my favorite local store that had it in all its explicit glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

bango skank posted:

As for the current commercial, it looks to me like it was filmed at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas.

It most certainly is Atlantis.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Miss Kalle posted:

For some reason Adult Swim is airing the commercial for that new goddamned Kidz Bop abortion. If I have to spend all night listening to lovely kiddie covers of Gangnam Style and One Direction songs I'm going to throw myself out of a closed window :byodood:

Now I want to see a punk band named Kidz Bop Abortion.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Those new batch of iPhone commercials are pretty terribly. They are still advertising features that are already on phones. Also if you're dreaming of the Williams sister why would you be playing table tennis with them.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

TontoCorazon posted:

Those new batch of iPhone commercials are pretty terribly. They are still advertising features that are already on phones. Also if you're dreaming of the Williams sister why would you be playing table tennis with them.

The point is that it's a weird dream, playing tennis is what you'd expect to be doing with them, it's a lot weirder if you're playing ping pong against both of them at the same time.

I once had a dream that there was an episode of Lost where they killed an other or something and ran some medical tests on him somehow and discovered that his skull was similar to neanderthals or something like that, when I woke up I was convinced this was a real episode from the show.

Dreams don't really make sense.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

piratepilates posted:

The point is that it's a weird dream, playing tennis is what you'd expect to be doing with them, it's a lot weirder if you're playing ping pong against both of them at the same time.

I once had a dream that there was an episode of Lost where they killed an other or something and ran some medical tests on him somehow and discovered that his skull was similar to neanderthals or something like that, when I woke up I was convinced this was a real episode from the show.

Dreams don't really make sense.

Yeah I was trying to make a vulgar joke but I didn't want to outright say it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah I was trying to make a vulgar joke but I didn't want to outright say it.

I've had dreams about the Williams sisters but I was having sex with both of them at the same time. I guess that wouldn't make a good commercial for national TV though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

TontoCorazon posted:

Oh, that was an iPhone commercial. I've honestly stopped paying attention to commercials like this, and if the product isn't in from at the very start, I probably won't remember what it was for.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TontoCorazon posted:

Bouncing a couple of balls between the two of them at the same time, you connect the dots :v:

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 11, 2013

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Now I want to see a punk band named Kidz Bop Abortion.

Will it be made of young children screaming through Dead Kennedys songs?

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
5 Hour Energy gives you auto-tune.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
e: wrong thread.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 12, 2013

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Edmantium posted:

5 Hour Energy gives you auto-tune.

This guy looks so much like a fatter in the face Jesse Spencer (Chase from House) it is uncanny.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Miss Kalle posted:

Will it be made of young children screaming through Dead Kennedys songs?

I'd pay money to hear kids belting out "Kill the Poor".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

I'd pay money to hear kids belting out "Kill the Poor".

What about No-FX's "Kill All The White Man"?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh good. I was just wondering when we'd get more commercials of coke fiend Office Depot girl.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I kinda like the Keurig ones that go like

Someone: how do you get so much flavor into one of those stupid K cups
Kid: magic dragons drive trains through Willy Wonka's coffee factory and...
Mom: :smug: actually I just push this button, loving educate yourself.

It's kind of like a gently caress you to those cheeze-it commercials with the kid explaining how they get so much chemical tasting cheesiness into each square!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Way to go Pizza Hut you made your already dumb 10 dollar pizza deal commercial longer with the sole purpose of adding "ethnicity" to it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

vyst posted:

Way to go Pizza Hut you made your already dumb 10 dollar pizza deal commercial longer with the sole purpose of adding "ethnicity" to it.

Does "Hipster Neckbeard and a Fugly Nose" count as an ethnicity?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

vyst posted:

Ten Dollars for ANY PIZZA!

(except for the ones that aren't)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Speaking of Pizza Hut why are they advertising what can only be called a food trough full of two pizzas and wings and breadsticks? Like, they know it looks like a loving pig trough right?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
My computer has a virus! If only I had PC MATIC! You do need PC MATIC! Does PC MATIC make my computer faster? Not only does PC MATIC do that, but PC MATIC also pays your bills. Plus PC MATIC is telling me you need a date. Thank God for PC MATIC! PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
PC Matic is a delightful scam.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Andorra posted:

My computer has a virus! If only I had PC MATIC! You do need PC MATIC! Does PC MATIC make my computer faster? Not only does PC MATIC do that, but PC MATIC also pays your bills. Plus PC MATIC is telling me you need a date. Thank God for PC MATIC! PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC

The phrases "PC Matic" or "PC Matic.com" are spoken at least 16 times in the damned flower shop commercial.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Parasol Prophet posted:

I am disheartened that that "Happier than Eddie Money running a travel agency" Geico commercial is still on. It's not so much the song (although I hate that song), it's the two people persistently trying to remind him of what they really wanted, as if they don't recognize that he's singing a song.

:v: I've got, two tickets to pawadise, pack your bags, we'll leave tonight--
:geno: Um, actually it's next month.
:v: --Two tickets to pawadiiiise!
:geno: No, four.

Either he's joking with you or he's too far gone and has no idea where he is! All five of you shut up and go away!

The saddest part of those commercials is that, since these movies generally get bad/negative reviews, they virtually show every "funny" part of the movie in 2-3 different versions of the commercials.

Content:
STUPIDSLOWDIRTYPC!

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
The DeWars ads are the loving worst. Who is Angus? Why does that woman have mood swings that rival someone with Borderline Personality Disorder? Why does the bottle sound like someone eating chips when she opens it?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Miss Kalle posted:

All I heard from the ad was the 'op op op op' bit from the chorus and then the kids singshouting 'EEEEEEEY PRETTY LADAAAAY' under the announcer's voice so I'd say it's on that level already. This preview should be proof enough!

First suggested video from that: " Hippo gets explosive diarrhea." That about sums it up nicely.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's one of those really annoying H&R Block commercial where its an older guy with a bow tie talking about how a woman came in saying that she hadn't done her taxes in 8 years and then he starts talking about getting the maximum refund. Pretty sure if you haven't filed taxes in 8 years you probably aren't getting a refund.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

muscles like this? posted:

There's one of those really annoying H&R Block commercial where its an older guy with a bow tie talking about how a woman came in saying that she hadn't done her taxes in 8 years and then he starts talking about getting the maximum refund. Pretty sure if you haven't filed taxes in 8 years you probably aren't getting a refund.

Yeah that one features slow-motion jowl shaking as well.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
That one reminds me of those ads for tax lawyers that just make me (irrationally maybe?) angry:
"Do you owe the IRS $100,000? We can get that down to $10,000!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've assumed that one is a "we can sort out any sort of nonsense that comes up" more than the refund. Except people fixate on refund.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That's not even the worst H&R Block commercial, that honor goes to the one with the horrifying woman that has way-too-small eyes and way-too-large teeth.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Tupping Liberty posted:

That one reminds me of those ads for tax lawyers that just make me (irrationally maybe?) angry:
"Do you owe the IRS $100,000? We can get that down to $10,000!

No, you're right to be angry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roni_Lynn_Deutch#Controversy

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Actually as long as you don't owe taxes, the government doesn't give a poo poo if you never file. It's money they get to keep interest free. You might get audited on an 8 year-old return, but if your paperwork is in order they'll give you your refund.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
If 2 Aleve last all day long, why are you taking the bottle with you to work today? If it lasts all day, you wont need it anymore.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I know little kids barely being able to pronounce things are suppose to be cute but I hate all those ads. Especially the coupons.com ad. Like, I want to punch the ad makers in the face for that ad.

I hate little kids whispering too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mooseontheloose posted:

I know little kids barely being able to pronounce things are suppose to be cute but I hate all those ads. Especially the coupons.com ad. Like, I want to punch the ad makers in the face for that ad.

I hate little kids whispering too.

Speaking of little kids whispering, the ad for Mama is really annoying with 3/4 of it just the little girl repeating in whispers "Mama".

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Actually as long as you don't owe taxes, the government doesn't give a poo poo if you never file. It's money they get to keep interest free. You might get audited on an 8 year-old return, but if your paperwork is in order they'll give you your refund.

If you are owed a refund you have three years to claim it, or it's gone.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rirse posted:

Speaking of little kids whispering, the ad for Mama is really annoying with 3/4 of it just the little girl repeating in whispers "Mama".

Every time I see this commercial I can't get this out of my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

But Roni Deutch could help you for chwenny dollars. Chwenny dollars!
I was wondering why I hadn't seen any of her commercials for a couple of years. Now I know, good riddance.

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 14, 2013