Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spoils
Nov 2, 2012
Oldie but one of my favorite opinion articles ever: My Morbidly Obese Wife Said The Most Interesting Thing The Other Day
Just the amount of barely disguised disgust the husband has makes this article amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Tiny article the other day has simultaneously left me in a giggling fit, and ashamed at the realization that, I too, have named my coats. :negative: Little close to home there, Onion.

Eccentric Man Introduces New Sweater To Closet Pals Colonel Coat And Captain Blazer.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I can't tell how old this is but Mother Who Forgot To Pay 29-Year-Old Son's Phone Bill Reminded To Really Be Careful About That is impossibly spot-on.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

At the bottom of their most recent video.

quote:

Serial Killer Keeps Accidentally Carving "2012" Into Victims' Torsos

Transcendent Man
Dec 23, 2012

"Death gives meaning to our lives. It gives importance and value to time. Time would be meaningless if there were too much of it." - Ray Kurzweil
The man who courageously refused to believe he had cancer and the Bullshit happening somewhere are by far my favorites.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Okay, this is several years old by now, but it's still hilarious and it's what got me into the Onion to begin with: Justin Bieber Found To Be Cleverly Disguised 51-Year-Old Pedophile

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Chalk another one up for people reporting Onion stories as real.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Michael Phelps Apologizes To Nation After Tasting Subway For First Time

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
:catstare:

8th Grader Impregnated During Trip To 'March For Life' Event posted:

WASHINGTON—Mallory Pickens, a 13-year-old pro-life extremist attending today’s March for Life event in the nation’s capital, was reportedly unaware that she had been impregnated the previous evening by a fellow member of her church’s anti-abortion organization. “Right to choose? That’s a lie! Babies do not choose to die!” chanted the sign-toting Lambs of Christ activist who is utterly ignorant of the fact that the semen of Kirk Tussle, a 13-year-old fellow church member and pro-life extremist, had completed the capacitation stage and resulted in a fertilized zygote following a fumbling sexual encounter at the Holiday Inn Express where their group had rented several adjoining rooms. “Life from conception! No exception!” At press time, sources close to Pickens predict that after discovering the pregnancy she will drop out of school, isolate herself from friends and family, and suffer crippling postpartum depression.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

For once the Onion is incorrect, what will really happen when the pregnancy is discovered is that the family will quietly get their daughter an abortion and then not think twice about the hypocrisy of returning to their picket lines outside PP.

itrorev
Sep 22, 2006
Jodie Foster Inspires Teens To Come Out Using Vague, Rambling Riddles

"I have a deep emotional bond with a person....of a gender!"

loving amazing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The Onion Honors Roe v. Wade's 40th Anniversary With List Of Top 10 Abortions Of All Time

Excellent use of the Rule of Three

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It seems to be all people who have had abortions, except for one person who was aborted. :confused: What's the point of flip-flopping like that? It doesn't add anything.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

More Manti Te'o!

Brady Quinn Frantically Trying To Confirm His Online Girlfriend Not A Hoax

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Oh man, this one.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

How did the Diamond Joe thing start? Like, what was the first one?

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
The earliest "Diamond Joe" persona of Biden I could find was from January 2009 in their "News in Photos" section.

Joe Biden Shows Up To Inauguration With Ponytail

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Millions Of Human Beings Experiencing Actual Emotions About J.J. Abrams Directing 'Star Wars'

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
NASA Continues Search For Planet Capable Of Supporting NASA

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Wow, 3 for the older sister and 1 for the younger. Is Davenport a hot bead of fundamentalist christians?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The American Dream posted:

Wow, 3 for the older sister and 1 for the younger. Is Davenport a hot bead of fundamentalist christians?

I think someone on The Onion's staff is just from the area as they've done a couple of stories set there before.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nation Would Not Be Surprised At This Point If Chris Brown Allegedly Traveled Back In Time And Punched Anne Frank

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Biden scores 800 feet of copper wire

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
This is a work of art. The last line: "When pressed for further comment, sources nationwide noted that the only implausible development they could think of would be if sales of Chris Brown albums were to be adversely affected in any way by such an incident."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
More on the NRA:
When Will These Senseless Gun Debates Come To An End? By Wayne LaPierre, NRA CEO

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Was this series popular?

Historical Archives: Citizens Are Now Free to Practise Any Form Of Protestantism They Want

quote:

In their infinite Wisdom and Compassion, the Founders of our Young Republic have seen fit to bestow upon we Americans, the Wise and Enlightened Sons of the Re-Formation, the Religious Freedom to practise with out re-percussion, any of the number of austere and unbending Denominations, of PROTESTANTISM that We might choose in the Service of Honouring JESUS CHRIST, our One Lord and Saviour. Be you Anglican, Baptist, Anabaptist, Puritan, or even Pietist, then worry not in regard to having weighty Stones of sharp points cast upon your Person, or your Land salted and your Mule burnt to the ground as is done to the hooked-nose JEW, and allay your fears of being beat'n about the Head and Boddie, covered in Quick-lime, Tarr, and Ground-Glass, and driven into the Sea, as is the much deserv'd Lot of the wicked PAPIST.

Also:

Historical Archives: New York Threatened By O'er-Crowding As Population Climbs To Twelve Thousands

Historical Archives: Alexander Hamilton Challenges Nation To A Duel

jojoinnit has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Jan 29, 2013

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I hadn't seen it before. A relevant one: Historical Archives: 14 Are Killed In 6-Hour-Long Schoolhouse Musket Shooting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The last one lead me to A Most Amusing Duck Delays The Local Noontime Pillorying :)

quote:

The Assembled, far from demonstrating the dignified and somber Mien that befits a Mob, instead cast Bits of Bread at the Silly Bird, so as to encourage its continu'd Presence on the Common.

:3:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I've been trying to find the Onion Sports coverage of the Pro-Bowl bombings from a while back. Seems like the right time to relive it, but I cannot find it on their site or on YouTube. Is it still out there?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Not a historical archive article, but still one of my favourite "old onions"

African Americans go from being no good at sports to being good only at sports.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Teenage Girl Blossoming Into Beautiful Object

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Jesus CHRIST. :stare:

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
No kidding

quote:

“Take a look at it,” added Turner of the former human being. “I can think of a lot of things I’d like to do with that.”
Goddamn that's vicious satire

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I couldn't get past the second paragraph it was making me too uncomfortable.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

The Onion Demands John Kerry Tell The Truth About His Swift Boat Service

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is incredible and also deeply depressing.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Nation Excited For Opportunity To Watch Harbaugh Lose Super Bowl

Classic Harbaugh question: which one?

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

And that's when I realized just how close the real world actually is to Pokegirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Flawless. That's biting. Anyone else notice the first person they talk to is the uncle? :shudder:

This was my favourite line:

quote:

Marveling at the rite of passage that all females make from girlhood into entirely disempowered objecthood, Hayes expressed confidence that the 17-year-old would one day become a highly prized physical possession for “one lucky guy.”

Cold.