Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

If you're trying to max your rares, traditional wisdom is get the PSPs, but bear in mind the regular 60k SPs are a pretty good deal as well - I would say arguably better. Yes, you get two rares per PSP, but you give up total number of cards dropped.
Thanks for the analysis, I didn't realize that the premium spectre packs only gave 5 cards. I haven't bought any yet.

I'm thinking I'll probably go with the Premium packs until I get the basic unlocks for most the weapons and poo poo, since having a gun at II as opposed to I isn't that big a deal, but having I as opposed to locked is a really big deal. After I have most stuff unlocked I'll get normal old spectre packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cometa Rossa posted:

Still no Harrier though :(

Guess you ain't that lucky then. :colbert:

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I've been saving up my credits and blowing them on PSPs but I'll give just buying Spectre packs a go if this analysis is anything to go by.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Title update coming out tomorrow with a patchlist of two things.
1) fixes missile glitching
2) speeds up loading of DLC

how exciting :confuoot:

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
No removal of Rio's farming box?

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
I'm finding it next to impossible to join games as a basic human character unless they're already underway. It's pretty weird that it's still apparently a kickable offense when they have some of the best skill combos in the game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Alteisen posted:

So it IS possible for 2 good players to carry 2 lovely ones.

Thanks Jessant, that would have gone tits up rather quickly if it hadn't been for your assistance.
I just finished up a Vancouver/Reaper/Gold with my Asari Huntress. I had 150k points at the end.

The next guy (who joined in wave 6) Had 70k. The two remaining players who were there from the beginning? 35k and 25k respectively. :saddowns: I began to wonder if they were dying on purpose. I pretty much soloed waves 2-6 until that other guy joined with his Vorcha.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ZombyDog posted:

I've been saving up my credits and blowing them on PSPs but I'll give just buying Spectre packs a go if this analysis is anything to go by.

quote:

FINAL ANALYSIS: REGULAR SPECTRE PACK WINS!

I actually got more Ultra Rare weapons with the SP than the PSP, spending the same amount of money on both, even though the PSP claims to give you a higher chance at Ultra Rares.
Okay, sold.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I know we all like the TGI because it's one of the best classes in the game, but I have to say you can really stack the deck with it to a hilarious degree if you pick enemy faction. Specifically, Stability mod, Rail Amp III, Disruptor III, Geth gold, Harrier.

Sure you have to live on an ammo box but you're also pretty much automatically in the 200,000 point club. :stare:

I have all these stability things I never use, and man it's time to change that. I'm throwing my melee strength mods all over my Havoc and Krogan Vanguard, time to throw all my stability mods at the TGI. You would think "but the innate stability is enough" but no, I like being able to headshot snipe at fully automatic across Giant from the tower to the other side of the map.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SubponticatePoster posted:

I just finished up a Vancouver/Reaper/Gold with my Asari Huntress. I had 150k points at the end.

The next guy (who joined in wave 6) Had 70k. The two remaining players who were there from the beginning? 35k and 25k respectively. :saddowns: I began to wonder if they were dying on purpose. I pretty much soloed waves 2-6 until that other guy joined with his Vorcha.

I've had matches like that, thing is I'm usually pretty sharp in regards to reviving people and such so I wonder what they gently caress those pubbies are doing half the time.

These guys weren't neccesarily poo poo, it was just they where way out of their league, the vorcha had a phaeston IV and the volus engie was bogged by heavy stuff, on top of that we got firebase white hazard AND collectors, I seriously though we where hosed but we pulled it off somehow, the pubs revived us when needed, Jessant tossed nades and caused explosions like a madman and I just sniped the big poo poo off its feet. I did get eaten in wave 8 though. But we survived, full extract to boot.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm sure the TGI is effective and all, he just doesn't seem very fun. pewpewpewpewpewpewpew :geno: Kinda like how I never found the Piranha all that interesting back when it was broken-good, except maybe the gimmicky Accuracy Turian build that turned it into a Crusader XVII

Death Laser Destroyer with an Incendiary IV Particle Rifle, that's fun :flame:
Shadow with a dedicated "decapitate Phantom" button, that's fun
Biotic Shark on, say, Glacier, that's difficult but very effective when done right, and very fun
N7 Paladin is terrific fun, especially when paired with somebody who understands how Chain Overload interacts with Snap Freeze

I mean the PR Destroyer isn't even that great, you need to load him up with a full stack of the most powerful consumables for that loadout to be merely above-average, but drat if it isn't satisfying.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Mr Dog posted:

I'm sure the TGI is effective and all, he just doesn't seem very fun. pewpewpewpewpewpewpew :geno: Kinda like how I never found the Piranha all that interesting back when it was broken-good, except maybe the gimmicky Accuracy Turian build that turned it into a Crusader XVII
I feel the same way about the Demolisher. At least with all the other grenade classes, you have to know when to throw a nade, when to spam, when to hoard, and in-between all that you have to be a generally good player and handle yourself without them. With the Demolisher, it's all spam all the time Zzzzzz wake me when the match is finished.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Psion posted:

Apparently there's something in there addressing the reduced power combo damage that collectors take too, although it was called a "balance tweak" that was too large to put on the servers rather than a fix. There is some suspicion that the patch will lay the framework down for the upcoming DLC too (especially if that thing was right about there being new game modes) and it wasn't mentioned since there's been no official DLC announcements yet.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

ZombyDog posted:

Unfortunately, those sample sizes are hilariously tiny.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I got my maxed manifest with PSPs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Zoran posted:

Unfortunately, those sample sizes are hilariously tiny.

They really are, but I remember seeing one on BSN where someone spreadsheet tracked a lot of purchases and came out with similar "SPs tend to give you more URs per spacebuck" results. It was all self-reported, though, so it's absolutely got enormous room for error.

maybe once I max my uncommon gear I'll switch back to PSPs but that's not happening anytime soon :mad:

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Apparently there's something in there addressing the reduced power combo damage that collectors take too, although it was called a "balance tweak" that was too large to put on the servers rather than a fix. There is some suspicion that the patch will lay the framework down for the upcoming DLC too (especially if that thing was right about there being new game modes) and it wasn't mentioned since there's been no official DLC announcements yet.

I think this is a reasonable deduction. I mean certifying a TU is how many dollars for 360? A lot? I'm sure it's negotiable but regardless, a lot. There's no way EA would blow that money on two fixes for an 11 month old game unless they were using it for groundwork to make more money with new DLC.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 31, 2013

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

quote:

Operation: FIRESTORM (Feb 1st-3rd)

Event Description: The Reapers have changed their tactics in an effort to prevent us from whittling them down. As they conquer rural areas, their fighting groups are fewer but larger, making them more difficult to assail. Accordingly, we are hitting them in the cities to deliver as much damage as possible before evacuation.

Squad Goal: Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Reward: Commendation Pack

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I'll try and solo that but I don't think I've got three missiles to spare. :stare:

Might have to try and get it with arc grenades instead. :getin:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Yeah, they're practically begging us to manipulate spawns and grenade them to gently caress. Pubbies are gonna be lose with the missiles this weekend though.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Whelp, looks like massed missile volleys are in for this weekend...

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 31, 2013

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Just join a pub match and watch them get it for you.

Not that I need to save those three missiles (I have like 240).

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
So I just unlocked the Asari Huntress but I know literally zero about how to play her, what should my build/tactics be and what weapon should I use?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Cometa Rossa posted:

So I just unlocked the Asari Huntress but I know literally zero about how to play her, what should my build/tactics be and what weapon should I use?

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/AsariHuntress/PLQFF//////

Cloak + dark channel a target. Shoot with gun equipped with warp ammunition while you cooldown. Cloak + warp if the target is still alive, get biotic combo. Continue to shoot with gun. Start over with cloak + DC, repeat.

If pressed, cloak+DC a target and then run away. It does damage over time so you just kite enemies away constantly whittling them down with DC doing the work for you. Your cloak gives you a ton of power damage bonus, so always use it before firing another power.

Any gun which works well with warp ammo will work for you. In your particular loadout I'd consider hoping you get a Hurricane in the weekend op :v: - but potentially a Locust with warp ammo, Phalanx, or even Avenger - not sure.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
That 150k near-solo Gold game I had on my Huntress I used a Scorpion. That's one of the guns I never get in packs ( :smith: ), and even at like III I get 200% cooldowns using ULM. I put the regular barrel on it, since it's a projectile weapon you don't get piercing and I have a 4-round magazine with 25 in reserve, more than enough to last until you can hit an ammo box again since you're mostly using powers with her.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I've been trying to unlock the Destroyer for a while and got him a few days ago. Been warming him up on Silver matches and he just melts everything :black101:

That's the good news. The bad news is I suck with this class. I'm killing poo poo so fast that I still end up ranking first, but I really suck. My situational awareness goes completely down the drain, it's baffling. With my favorite class, the Drell Assassin, I'm plugged directly into the Matrix, nobody gets the drop on that lizard, but with the Destroyer I got ganged up by two abominations and a trooper. In a Silver match. On wave 1.
Later in that game I was near the starting area (this was on Firebase Giant) shooting at a Scion on that ramp leading to the control center on the other side of the map. It took me several seconds to notice that there was a trooper standing right there, just a few meters away from me, clearly visible on the right side of the screen :psyduck:

I suppose most people can play him just fine, but with the guy taking a whole chunk of the screen and glowing like a christmas tree, with red lines all over the screen and a ridiculous picture-in-picture on the lower right I guess it's just too much noise for my brain.
I know people also complain about Hunter Mode (messes up my game too), but I wonder why Bioware doesn't allow us to turn that crap off. Is it supposed to be a handicap? The Destroyer is slow as gently caress and Hunter Mode halves your shields, isn't that enough?

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Psion posted:

Don't they have to pay those ridiculous license fees to Microsoft to do patches? Would've thought they'd have waaaay more changes than that if they have to eat that 10k dollar fee.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Some reddit guy is stepping up where gibbed left off and datamining the latest patch:

quote:

Stuff found so far:

Assault rifle, shotgun and sniper rifle ultra light materials (probably primarily for multiplayer).

Most of the recent single player DLC weapons are getting added to multi player.

That said, there's a few bits and pieces that may well tie into the "Reckoning" multiplayer DLC, including that new game mode that appeared in the last one.

Based on what I've found so far I'd say the "leaked" description of the new multiplayer DLC is likely legit.

Not surprised since the guy who leaked it (on the Bioware forums) is the same guy who was posting about Collectors and Volus before anyone else, he's probably some low-level dev's alt or something.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Elotana posted:

Some reddit guy is stepping up where gibbed left off and datamining the latest patch:

Not surprised since the guy who leaked it (on the Bioware forums) is the same guy who was posting about Collectors and Volus before anyone else, he's probably some low-level dev's alt or something.
What's this about a new game mode?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

200% cooldown with a claymore confirmed. :getin:

Midee
Jun 22, 2000

seravid posted:

I suppose most people can play him just fine, but with the guy taking a whole chunk of the screen and glowing like a christmas tree, with red lines all over the screen and a ridiculous picture-in-picture on the lower right I guess it's just too much noise for my brain.

Assuming you're on PC, have you tried adjusting your field of view? By default the game is set to Console Tunnel Vision view, and that plus crap on the screen just makes your peripheral vision even worse.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Youtubing his kill streaks is all part of the charm. :colbert:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

seravid posted:

I know people also complain about Hunter Mode (messes up my game too), but I wonder why Bioware doesn't allow us to turn that crap off. Is it supposed to be a handicap? The Destroyer is slow as gently caress and Hunter Mode halves your shields, isn't that enough?
I never really found either to be much of a handicap. I never noticed the red lines on Devastator mode much, and for Hunter mode it's just a matter of paying attention to movement and color more than detail; instead of focusing really hard on the image, unfocus a bit, absorb what's red and moving, and shoot it. If you're paying attention to the overlay instead of the colors, you're doing it wrong.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Or just max out your Missile Launcher and let the Hydra Missiles sort 'em out. :black101:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Dezinus posted:

Or just max out your Missile Launcher and let the Hydra Missiles sort 'em out. :black101:

Let it sort what out, Swarmers? :v:

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Elotana posted:

(From BSN forums)
- There's lines for the Blood Pack Punisher and the Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle as well as the Venom Shotgun, complete with challenges
- Lines for Biotic Protector and Flare; However, there's quite a lot of stuff from Leviathan so that might just be SP relics.
- Weapon mods mentioned: Shotgun, Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle Ultra Light Materiels; SMG Power Amplifier, Pistol Power Amplifier: Description: "Generator designed to enhance the effectivenes of biotic and tech attacks"

That could be pretty nifty.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

So I got the n7 engineer and it kinda sucks that homing and arc grenades are on the same count. I guess it might be over powered to be running around with each on their own counter but goddamn it would be fun.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Kaizer88 posted:

(From BSN forums)
- There's lines for the Blood Pack Punisher and the Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle as well as the Venom Shotgun, complete with challenges
- Lines for Biotic Protector and Flare; However, there's quite a lot of stuff from Leviathan so that might just be SP relics.
- Weapon mods mentioned: Shotgun, Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle Ultra Light Materiels; SMG Power Amplifier, Pistol Power Amplifier: Description: "Generator designed to enhance the effectivenes of biotic and tech attacks"

That could be pretty nifty.

That really depends. If it's like a 20% additive bonus, it's okay but not great. If multiplicative, something like that would be amazing.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I'm a little wary of ULM on bigger guns because they might crowd out SMGs and pistols entirely, especially as more people start to max their manifests.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Elotana posted:

I'm a little wary of ULM on bigger guns because they might crowd out SMGs and pistols entirely, especially as more people start to max their manifests.

Which is what, I assume, the new attachments for pistols and smgs are for. Granted, a 150% cool down harrier would probably outperform bonus power.

Not really sure we need more attachments, though. Bet there is a ton of more gear, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Uhhh did they just re-un-nerf the Acolyte charge time? :stare:

Acolyte-only Geth Trooper Firebat rides again!

• Locked thread