Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apq46lA0uSM

This would be a fine logic to apply in real life. I would like to remind you, however, that this is a reference-heavy, folksy moving picture about a bunch of over-the-top hillbillies being coerced to do wacky poo poo by the uncaring hand of fate. An Inferiority complex may be mundane in reality, but this is fiction, and not the kind of fiction where something like that is likely to occur. It is, however, the kind of fiction where crossdressing isn't out of the question! I could be wrong and Geroge Nelson is just too cool to join the group, but I don't imagine there's a deep reason behind the refusal other than that or something to hide physically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Zaxoran posted:

A lot of people seem to think that this is solid proof that Togami lost his memory, but then again maybe he doesn't mean what we think he means when he says this line. Perhaps he still knows Monobear, but his real question is who is the person controlling Monobear, which makes sense since he saw Monobear's original master die with his own eyes. As to why he worded it so awkwardly so that you can't tell if he's talking about the puppet or the mastermind, I'm pretty sure that's just Dangan Ronpa loving with us again.
Or, if you apply any sort of actual logic instead of ridiculous theories, he's already seen Usami (who looks like a toy stuffed rabbit) and now wants to know who the new teddy-bear thing is.

Tombolo posted:

This would be a fine logic to apply in real life. I would like to remind you, however, that this is a anime-heavy, fanservicey visual novel about a bunch of over-the-top high schoolers being coerced to murder each other by a robotic teddy bear. Aquaphobia may be mundane in reality, but this is fiction, and not the kind of fiction where something like that is likely to occur. It is, however, the kind of fiction where crossdressing isn't out of the question! I could be wrong and Kuzuryuu is just too cool to join the group, but I don't imagine there's a deep reason behind the refusal other than that or something to hide physically.
I wish I had something more constructive to say in response to this, but I don't. You're a weirdo if your response to "hey there could be a much simpler reason for not wanting to swim: being afraid of water" is "nope. Crossdresser. That, or being too cool. But probably crossdresser."

Edit: \/\/\/Maybe because this glorious leap of logic was in response to a post I made and I felt the need to rebut? I responded fairly harshly, I admit, but holy poo poo, that leap of logic is a) weird and b) stupid beyond belief.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 31, 2013

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?
^^I think we all need to calm down a little, here. I think his argument is pretty weak and dumb too, but come on man. You're not making things any better. If you didn't have anything constructive to say, why post and add fuel to the fire?

I'm tired of these crossdresser arguments because people aren't following evidence to a conclusion, they're taking a conclusion and trying to string evidence together in a way that makes sense so that they can be right.

And now we're right back where we were in the old thread of people yelling "CROSSDRESSER" and then a few people going "YOU'RE CREEPY EWW EWW" and it never stops until one of the parties is proven wrong. Even with Chihiro when there was actual, legitimate evidence strongly pointing to it, there were still people who were like "you may have been right but you're still creepy."

This is getting beyond stupid.

EdgeryWorthy fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 31, 2013

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
There's this other thread I follow where we have a self-imposed rule where we aren't allowed to talk about a certain character unless content is posted about that character, so as to avoid having inane derails about that character all the time.

I vote we make that a rule with Kuzuryuu, specifically only talk about Kuzuryuu and potential crossdressing if there is an interaction with Kuzuryuu which gives some sort of hint about the speculation. This should probably be a rule about character speculation in general for a game like this, really.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Only in the Dangan Ronpa 2 thread could a huge sprawling mess of people talking about a theory with no information to back it up be caused by the forum mod telling people to stop going on an on about a theory with no information to back it up.

Chapter loving 1.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah, best to just wait for the story to tell itself some more.

HelloWinter posted:

A bit late for contributing, but here we go anyway:

Thank you so very much for this. This is awesome.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Zaxoran posted:

A lot of people seem to think that this is solid proof that Togami lost his memory, but then again maybe he doesn't mean what we think he means when he says this line. Perhaps he still knows Monobear, but his real question is who is the person controlling Monobear, which makes sense since he saw Monobear's original master die with his own eyes. As to why he worded it so awkwardly so that you can't tell if he's talking about the puppet or the mastermind, I'm pretty sure that's just Dangan Ronpa loving with us again.

I pointed the same thing out at that update. However, there's since been more evidence against his remembering, namely that he hasn't considered SHSL Despair as suspects #1 as the masterminds, nor has he brought up that he's survived the exact same sort of murder-game when that'd be pretty tactically useful information. There's something really off with all of it if you try to take him at face value. We've just been through why it's difficult to assume he's mind-wiped: he keeps doing things that only really make sense if he remembers DR1 and his personality development is intact.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Justin_Brett posted:

Seriously. You might as well say Nidai is a crossdresser.

It would be hilarious.

(Although we already have disproof of this, since he was shirtless in the beach scene.)

EDIT: And I am a giant pedant for pointing that out. This game is bringing out the worst in me. For once, I am really hoping someone dies soon.

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I wish I had something more constructive to say in response to this, but I don't. You're a weirdo if your response to "hey there could be a much simpler reason for not wanting to swim: being afraid of water" is "nope. Crossdresser. That, or being too cool. But probably crossdresser."

That's not really what I'm saying. I'm asking you to look at the medium in which this story takes place. It's a medium where crossdressing is relatively common, and where several things that have commonly are used as hints to such have already been invoked by the character in question. Is that necessarily what's happening? No. Does there "have to be a crossdresser because anime"? No. My only point is that crossdressing could be considered as "mundane" as aquaphobia in this particular context, and to dismiss the possibility because "ew you must be a perv for even considering the possibility of an androgynous anime character being the non-apparent gender" in much the same way people did last game might not be the smartest approach.

It's a mystery game. We try to figure stuff out. I think there's evidence (blushing, babyface, swimming scene, short hair, hourglass figure, over-the-top abrasiveness) to support my theory, whether or not it grosses you out, and as I understand it, we're allowed to try to figure stuff out as long as our theories have a decent bit of in-game evidence behind them. If you are tired of the subject, perhaps you could stop rolling out the ad hominem every time the opposing viewpoint is mentioned?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Edit: You know what, no. Not gonna bother with it.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 31, 2013

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012
Edit: well okay then I guess

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
I'm going to put forth this one last bit because I found this incredibly offensive, then I'm dropping this poo poo entirely until there's a reason (i.e., the character is revealed to be a crossdresser and I say "hey, y'all were right."). I am not "grossed out" by the concept of a crossdresser. Being grossed out by gender/sexual identity concepts is a pretty lovely way to think, to be honest, and I'd appreciate if you stopped trying to turn my distaste at your obsession with a pet theory into "oh you think crossdressers are gross!"

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012
That's how it came across to me, although I apologize if I put words in your mouth.

edit: And the rest of this post wasn't going to help any of us move on

edit2: Although I would still honestly like to know what I initially did wrong as opposed to, say, all the Togami spitballing that seems to be okay with people. I can't fix it next time if all the feedback I get is "WEIRDO!"

Tombolo fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 31, 2013

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Here's hoping Kuzuryuu is the first victim so we stop talking about him for the rest of the game

Alto
Dec 27, 2012

Not A Saxophone

Zaxoran posted:

If that was true, then why doesn't Togami just tell the others "Look, I've done this before."?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Alto posted:

If that was true, then why doesn't Togami just tell the others "Look, I've done this before."?

Probably because doing so might make him a target to either the new guys or Monobear. He's a dude who knows the importance of timing, and probably believes that you shouldn't reveal your cards before the game starts.

Alto
Dec 27, 2012

Not A Saxophone

toasterwarrior posted:

Probably because doing so might make him a target to either the new guys or Monobear. He's a dude who knows the importance of timing, and probably believes that you shouldn't reveal your cards before the game starts.

If my cards said "The world outside this island is completely hosed over", I would show my hand to everyone on the abandoned island, but I get what you're saying. Togami did mess with a crime scene in DR1 for the fun of it , so who knows?

Alto fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 31, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jesus christ can slowbeef please just lock the thread until the next update this is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I'm going to put forth this one last bit because I found this incredibly offensive, then I'm dropping this poo poo entirely until there's a reason (i.e., the character is revealed to be a crossdresser and I say "hey, y'all were right."). I am not "grossed out" by the concept of a crossdresser. Being grossed out by gender/sexual identity concepts is a pretty lovely way to think, to be honest, and I'd appreciate if you stopped trying to turn my distaste at your obsession with a pet theory into "oh you think crossdressers are gross!"

Well in the last thread, people were pretty much saying that exact thing when people figured out whatshisface was a crossdresser. I recall one choice remark along the lines of "I hope they do an autopsy soon so all these creeps will finally be proven wrong" which was, hilariously, immediately followed by the update where the truth is revealed.

As far as DR2 is concerned, yeah people are mostly just making calls based on genre conventions and the author's previous work. Welcome to loving mystery fandom, it's what happens. Not much you can do to stop it really, short of locking the thread (which is certainly an option, though you then prevent people from posting fanart).

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Alto posted:

If my cards said "The world outside this island is completely hosed over", I would show my hand to everyone on the abandoned island, but I get what you're saying. Togami did mess with a crime scene in DR1 for the fun of it , so who knows?

Actually, there's something interesting I hadn't closely considered there. Remember, one of the big reveals associated with Monoworld was that the kids originally intentionally isolated themselves in the school for their own safety. If Togami presently remembers this, and there is at least some reason to think that he does, and his primary motivation is the safety of the entire rest of the group, which is what he's saying it is, he certainly should be underscoring to the rest of the group that they should be questioning whether they want to leave at all. But he hasn't. Hell, so far literally no one has mentioned the possibility of staying on the island together forever in peace (course, there's the big bomb-looking thing...).

And we don't need spoiler tags, we've all read Dangan Ronpa 1 here.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Madarai reached a conclusion. There was some kind of secret hiding in that notebook.

Yes, that must be it. There is no such thing as precognition. She’s been insistently writing in that notebook of hers despite the fact that terrible things are going to happen to her if she’s caught -- which means her secret must be in there. Madarai could not imagine what that secret was, but he was certain that there was one.

-- Which means, if I snatch it away everything’s going to be fine.

Madarai hadn’t always been prone to complicated thoughts. He has often been told that contrary to his looks he was a cautious man, but that wasn’t a trait he was born with. It was simply necessary for the job he had until recently.

But now... Now, that job was meaningless.

-- It was my fault.
-- It was because I couldn’t protect them.

The only job that mattered now was finding the culprit responsible for The Worst, Largest Incident in Hope’s Peak Academy’s History, and getting revenge.

“...I can’t afford to stand still. Not now.” Madarai started running again, and thought about what he had to do next in simple terms.

-- Catch my prey. Hurt her. Make her talk.

Now thoroughly serious, Madarai ran with all his power in the direction his prey had fled. He may have lost some time, but it was not yet a fatal loss. Even if she managed to escape, all he had to do was keep chasing her. As long as he didn’t give up, it wouldn’t be over.

-- Catch. Hurt. Talk.

He repeated those three words to himself, slipping through the dark trees like a black snake. He was paying careful attention to his surroundings as he ran, and suddenly, his field of vision expanded. He arrived at a small clearing that looked like a plaza. He surveyed the area, and soon noticed a small prefab shed on the other side of the clearing. Light from a street lamp next to the shed flickered continuously, creating an ominous atmosphere right out of a horror movie.

Suspicious. Very suspicious.

But even so...

“...It would be faster to investigate than to wonder what’s going on.”

Madarai reduced his speed, and stepped carefully towards the shed. Its cream colored walls and roof would normally seem pleasant -- calming, even -- but under the flickering light they just seemed eerie. Madarai stood in front of the shed, and started by peeking through the window set in one of the walls. The room in front of his eyes was dusty, matching the flickering light coming from above. It must be used for storage by the custodian of the central plaza. There were shelves packed with fertilizer bags and paint cans, as well as cleaning tools cramped all over the place. He couldn’t see anyone inside -- but there were a lot of places someone could hide.

Madarai turned away from the window and headed to the shed’s entrance. The door was wooden and light. He first touched it with just his fingertips, and once he confirmed it wasn’t booby trapped, he turned the handle.

It didn’t open. Someone must have locked it.

Madarai crouched, and observed the grass growing around the shed. Patches of the ankle-high weeds were bent at their tips. Someone had stepped on them recently.

-- Well, that settles it.

However, this certainty did not at all come as a relief. Quite the opposite - the cautiousness Madarai had briefly forgotten returned in full force.

-- So, what kind of trap has she prepared for me?

Madarai took a couple of deep breaths. Then, right after he let the deepest one out, he turned to the door and kicked it with all his strength.

Wham!

The door opened just a little bit, making a dull noise.

Wham! Wham!

After a few more kicks, the gap in the door was wide enough for a single person to pass through. Beyond that gap, there was only darkness. Madarai lowered his posture and slipped into it carefully.

“Excuse me, coming in...”

The sound of feet on sand rippled through the silence. The room was larger than it seemed from the outside, and the only illumination came from the flickering light outside the window, which had little effect on the gloomy dimness covering everything. Spiderwebs spread in every corner of the shed. Opposite the window was a large stack of shelves filled with paint cans. Gravel and dustballs were scattered all over the floor, with cleaning and maintenance tools cluttered here and there. In addition, several large heaps of fertilizer sacks were stacked all around the room.

“Hey, I know you’re hiding here somewhere!”

Madarai’s voice echoed through the small room, and suddenly his eyes were drawn to a certain spot. Behind one of the sack heaps, he thought he saw something moving. A small, shivering movement, almost as if in response to Madarai’s voice.

-- There she is.

Madarai advanced slowly toward the pile with increased cautiousness. There had to be a trap here, somewhere. Many of the tools in this shed could be used as a weapon in the hands of a scared prey. Madarai could see her in his mind, hiding in the darkness clutching one of them in her trembling hands.

“...What are you planning?”

Raising his voice and staying alert, he moved even closer to the pile of sacks. By the time he reached the middle of the room, his eyes were completely adjusted to the darkness.

“Well, if you plan to attack me, go right ahead,” he said in a cruel, flat voice. “But I’m warning you, you will regret it later. You’re going to be in a world of hu--!!??

It was only for a second, but he had no clue what was going on. He felt something exploding on his face, and a moment later everything around him turned white.

“...Ku!” Moaning, he half-opened his eyes. His surroundings were engulfed in white fog.

“...Take that!” The prey, standing in front of his eyes, threw some kind of a white lump at him from behind the pile of sacks. As soon as the lump hit Madarai’s body, it seemed to burst open and scatter in the air. As soon as the prey finished throwing, she thrust her hand into one of the sacks in front of her, grabbed a large amount of powder from it, and earnestly threw a third lump at him.

“Take that! And that!”

Madarai didn’t flinch, but he was astounded. This was an “attack” in name only. A childish quarrel. It was like a snowball fight, using powder instead of snow.

“Stupid...!” Madarai’s face twisted in anger. He got excessively upset at the thought he was being so cautious of what turned out to be nothing but a waste of time.

-- Whatever. Let’s just end this.

The flickering light reflected sharply in Madarai’s eyes, when --

“...Do you know what a dust explosion is?” The girl raised her voice at the exact moment Madarai was about to move. His momentum was cut off, and he stopped instinctively.

“What do you think would happen... if I start a fire right now?”

“W...What are you...?”

Right now, the room was completely covered with flying white powder. A certain disturbing image crossed Madarai’s mind. He could imagine the fire spreading from one dust particle to the next, igniting them and blowing up the entire shed.

“...If you do that, it’s over for you too.”

“...I thought it’s over for me no matter what I do.”

Upon hearing those words, Madarai remembered his own words. It’s impossible to predict what someone in despair will do.

Madarai concentrated his eyes on the white fog. He could see the girl’s silhouette beyond the dust, but he couldn’t tell what expression was on her face. He brushed some of the dust from in front of his eyes, and could finally see her face.

It was completely blank.

Furthermore, her entire body had a strange intimidating air about it.

“Who the hell are you...?”

It wasn’t the face of a frightened prey. Her colorless eyes didn’t even twinkle. They were just staring directly at him, unflinching. Madarai’s spine shivered.

“I don’t think you can do it... There’s nothing here you can use to start a fire.”

“............”

The girl stayed silent. The air around Madarai became heavy as a feeling of tension wrapped itself firmly around his body. Dark emotions slowly corroded deep inside mind.

-- Who the hell is that girl?

Madarai thought he could see his own shivering self reflected in her colorless eyes.

-- Should I run away? Try to attack first?

The two options fluttered in rapid succession inside his head. Then, suddenly --

For just a split second - his victim’s eyes moved.

Madarai turned by reflex to the point she was looking at -- and saw an industrial vacuum cleaner in the middle of the clutter on the floor. Right next to it was a bare electric outlet.

Vaccum cleaner -- Electric outlet -- Sparks!

The thoughts connected inside his brain like in an association game. Before he knew it, Madarai started to move. He had no time to hesitate! No margin for caution! He had to get there faster than she could!

Madarai took off, almost as if leaping at the vacuum cleaner. He stretched his long arms towards it and grabbed the hose, and then pulled it strongly towards him as if he was about to wield it.

That was when he felt something was not quite right.

There was some resistance when he pulled. Too much resistance. That wasn’t all -- the girl herself didn’t move a single step. He could see her standing still from the corner of his eye, even now that he had the vacuum cleaner in his hand. He even thought he saw her eyes glittering in anticipation.

-- Oh, poo poo!

The sense that something wasn’t right transformed into a single word in Madarai’s mind.

-- Trap.

...But, it was too late.

A large shadow covered Madarai’s vision. It was the shadow of the large stack of shelves, inclining slowly towards him. Cans of paint clattered in slow motion as they fell down from the shelves, on their way toward him.

The shadow drew nearer.

It was already right in front of his eyes.

And then, with a thunderous roar and a cloud of dust --

Isshiki Madarai was flattened by the fallen shelves.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Judging by the repeated use of 'prey', I'm going to guess that Madarai is a SHSL Hunter, or maybe a SHSL Assassin, considering the line " It was simply necessary for the job he had until recently." Either of these could justify the observational skills he shows in this update. Guess we'll have to wait until later to find out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Okay yeah that entire sequence felt kinda like a scene from Home Alone.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
If Madarai actually catches Ryouko and takes her book he is going to be pissed when he figures out she has no idea who he is or what he's talking about. Looks like he'll have to shelve those plans for now though.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Goddammit. Now you've got me pondering Super Elementary School Level talents.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Nonono, it's not Super Elementary School Level, but Super High Grade School Level. This has been discussed.

Or rather, it's something I made up when oren revealed how Super High School Level came from a combination of Super High Grade and High School.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.

RefinedUndefined posted:

Judging by the repeated use of 'prey', I'm going to guess that Madarai is a SHSL Hunter, or maybe a SHSL Assassin, considering the line " It was simply necessary for the job he had until recently." Either of these could justify the observational skills he shows in this update. Guess we'll have to wait until later to find out.

quote:

But now... Now, that job was meaningless.

-- It was my fault.
-- It was because I couldn’t protect them.

I don't think a hunter or assassin has to protect anyone :v:

Vyxzuw
Oct 16, 2012

Please stop shitposting in the Let's Play Dangan Ronpa thread!
He's probably a ninja and was supposed to be guarding someone that died in the classroom but failed.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

Vyxzuw posted:

He's probably a ninja and was supposed to be guarding someone that died in the classroom but failed.

Makes sense now that I think about it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ettin posted:

If Madarai actually catches Ryouko and takes her book he is going to be pissed when he figures out she has no idea who he is or what he's talking about. Looks like he'll have to shelve those plans for now though.

Oh god drat it.

Ryouko is really coming in to her own as a character, now that she knows her ability. It doesn't really make her much deeper, but it's a pretty interesting power considering the other protagonists have Luck/Hope and "???". It was pretty surprising that she pulled off her improvised trap.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

loquacius posted:

Suddenly the Macaulay Culkin reference earlier makes so much more sense. No wonder Ryouko was so interested in those movies!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Okay, so now Junko's decision to keep Ryokou alive makes sense- she wanted to tie up Madarai but keep him alive, and Ryoukou was the best tool for the job.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Vyxzuw posted:

I don't know about that. When he started mentioning protecting someone and a job the first thing that came to mind is that he was SHSL Bodyguard or something in the same vein as that. They are supposed to be intimidating right? Madarai is just perfect for that I think.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
I made something.

The working title was "Lime Popsicle" cause of his eyes.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

IceBorg posted:

I don't know about that. When he started mentioning protecting someone and a job the first thing that came to mind is that he was SHSL Bodyguard or something in the same vein as that. They are supposed to be intimidating right? Madarai is just perfect for that I think.

Madarai could also be SHSL Bouncer. Seriously, who would sneak into a club that is guarded by a snake man?

Radian Angle posted:

I made something.

The working title was "Lime Popsicle" cause of his eyes.

:v: So would he be SHSL Let's Player, SHSL Crooner, or SHSL Kat Dennings fan?

LateToTheParty fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 31, 2013

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
I'm pretty sure he just died there, guys. A shelf full of filled paint cans is pretty drat heavy, and the last sentence sure makes it sound like it.

KillerDan
Nov 4, 2012
No dude, they referenced Home Alone earlier. As long as they work off that reference point, Madarai can be violently electrocuted, have bricks thrown down from a high building onto his head, have a tool box ram into him, and still be completely fine afterwards.

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
Man, not only is he getting crushed by shelves, he also probably got a bunch of powder on his horrifying foot long snake tounge.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

DeathBySpoon posted:

I'm pretty sure he just died there, guys. A shelf full of filled paint cans is pretty drat heavy, and the last sentence sure makes it sound like it.

When that happened I was like "drat, Ryouko, you hardcore", but given her ability she could probably have calculated things just so it doesn't kill him.

I'm kind of wishing in the meanwhile that DR0 would accumulate more mystery, especially more mystery that we can't hand-wave away with "Junko did it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Ratoslov posted:

Okay, so now Junko's decision to keep Ryokou alive makes sense- she wanted to tie up Madarai but keep him alive, and Ryoukou was the best tool for the job.

Yeah, based on how heavy a shelf of paint cans would be and you know, the entire first game, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if Junko was planning to have Madarai come out of this alive then she's out of luck.

So does this mean their going to pin two murders on Ryoukou? Well I guess pin one murder on her, the second one she kind of did on her own.

• Locked thread