Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Yeah except drone operators get ptsd as gently caress from killing massive amounts of people with just a push of a button.

Rest of the ep was great.

e: also it takes a lot of training. The human eye/brain is still much, much better than computers at spotting potential threats and differentiating them from, say, schoolbuses full of orphans, but doing so is difficult because the resolution on the images is not anywhere close to ideal, and they have to make split second decisions based on those low res images.

But, you know, donuts.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Live Who Charted in ~15

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Live Who Charted in ~15

I have the weirdest boner.

(it's from talking about drone operators)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
God, Howard's dressed as Doctor Who. He's the next Doctor Who.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Bleh, no guest. No thanks.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Howard answered two of my questions who wants to touch me

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Howard answered two of my questions who wants to touch me

I have two questions of my own:

1. Where?
2. When?

Interpret them how you please.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Yeah except drone operators get ptsd as gently caress from killing massive amounts of people with just a push of a button.

Rest of the ep was great.

e: also it takes a lot of training. The human eye/brain is still much, much better than computers at spotting potential threats and differentiating them from, say, schoolbuses full of orphans, but doing so is difficult because the resolution on the images is not anywhere close to ideal, and they have to make split second decisions based on those low res images.

But, you know, donuts.

You're autistic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'd also like to point out many plastic surgeons have perfectly happy families and go to school for years to study their specialty. Get your facts straight, Kroll!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'd also like to point out many plastic surgeons have perfectly happy families and go to school for years to study their specialty. Get your facts straight, Kroll!

Cases like Dr. Armond's are a lot more prevalent among dog plastic surgeons, but they're not as well documented.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Does anyone here listen to Fogelnest Files? I've seen a handful of shows now with guests I like but never got around to listening to them because I'm at best indifferent to Fogelnest as a host. This last one had Eddie Pepitone and Matt Oswalt (who writes the Puddin' shorts, and is the guy eating the pudding) so I might just have to listen.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Does anyone here listen to Fogelnest Files? I've seen a handful of shows now with guests I like but never got around to listening to them because I'm at best indifferent to Fogelnest as a host. This last one had Eddie Pepitone and Matt Oswalt (who writes the Puddin' shorts, and is the guy eating the pudding) so I might just have to listen.

Yeah I enjoy it a lot. The last one is actually a bit weak because, as much as I like Pepitone, he doesn't know a lot of the references.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Fogelnest Files has become one of my favorite Earwolf offerings lately, Fogelnest is great at finding interesting stuff and the Andy Kindler episode through the Sklar Brothers episode hit a great groove recently.

I do agree on the Eddie Pepitone one, he was weighing it down a lot. If like, that Eddie Deezen thing cropped up with a better guest, I could see it spiraling into something really fun, but they had to slow down and explain who Eddie Deezen was to Pepitone and Pepitone was like "this guy! he knows a lot of '80s references!" and ground everything to a halt.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Yeah I love an Eddie Deezen reference and that one was wasted

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't know who Eddie Deezen is either. :ohdear:

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The quintessential nerd of the 80's, probably best known for WarGames

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

He's also done a bunch of voice acting jobs, notably Mandark on Dexter's Lab.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'm not sure I can even finish this live Who Charted, just hearing Kremer is weird enough but seeing him too is freaking me out.

edit: He must live his life like this every day, this isn't even an act, every minute of his life Howard Kremer is Howard Kremer. I can't imagine what that must be like.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I can't get into any video podcasts.

I think the whole theatre of the mind is extremely important in my enjoyment of them.

It really kills the mood for me when I can see that it is just a couple of people goofing off around a table.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
What's the link for the video Who Charted? I can't seem to find it on YouTube.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Fezz posted:

What's the link for the video Who Charted? I can't seem to find it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TYxy3ffJ0g&list=PLKMkJLJHT9OH50sjdpGFvybS7YvNcGWFp&index=1

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

That's a slick animated intro.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I can't wait for video Professor Blastoff. I hope that happens.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Thanks for posting that. I watched on my iPod so I don't know if the icon at the end really took you to the live Sundance Who Charted. Confirm/Deny?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Max22 posted:

That's a slick animated intro.
I was just going to say. I never was a real fan of Who Charted before (it always 'just' felt like a regular radio show, talking about charts and music), but it was much more entertaining live.

Did the Fogelnest Files pick up speed after the first couple of episodes? I got put off when it wasn't recorded live with an audience (which it clearly says on the itunes description :argh:) and it just became another show of two people discussing topic X in a studio.

e: (I use parenthesis way too much)

e2: New CBB tomorrow awww yeaaaaah!! With video too I presume?

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 17, 2013

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Zsinjeh posted:

Did the Fogelnest Files pick up speed after the first couple of episodes?

Episode 3 has a goon!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

God the guests on this past week's Yo, Is This Racist?s were loving awful. I could only make it through one of the episodes but they were the worst podcast guests I've ever heard. Granted I mostly stack the deck in my favor because other than CBB and Superego I usually only listen to podcast eps if I like the guests.

Zsinjeh posted:

e2: New CBB tomorrow awww yeaaaaah!! With video too I presume?

I'm going to be sad and happy if CBB always comes with video now, happy because it's pretty awesome but sad because it means I will never be able to listen to the audio again while doing other things, I'll have to watch the video.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 18, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

I'm going to be sad and happy if CBB always comes with video now, happy because it's pretty awesome but sad because it means I will never be able to listen to the audio again while doing other things, I'll have to watch the video.
I know that pain. Luckily for me, as a filthy euro, the audio drops in the morning so I can listen it during commute and then when I come home I watch it all over again with video :buddy:

e: vvvv How dare you, that's supposed to be my thing! :argh:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 18, 2013

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Zsinjeh posted:

I know that pain. Luckily for me, as a filthy euro, the audio drops in the morning so I can listen it during commute and then when I come home I watch it all over again with video :buddy:

Except for being in the US rather than Europe, this is exactly how I do it! I only wish there was video of the Gillian Jacobs/PFT one, I would have loved to see that :allears:

Greggy fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 18, 2013

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Analyse Fish Part 2 just dropped.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Speaking of, is Analyze Phish still worth listening to even if I like but don't love Phish and thus don't care whether or not Scott Aukerman enjoys them?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
The podcast, at least the first four, are more about Harris's Phish stories and the humor of him defending his interest in Phish than it is about Scott and whether or not he actually likes the band.

It's basically a jumping off point to get to mocking the somewhat goofier aspects of Harris, which is basically what happens during CBB. If you like him there, then yeah I'd try it out.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Also worth noting the last two episodes have absolutely nothing to do with Phish. It's Paul F. Tompkins, Howard Kreme and Shelby Fero talking about Jaws.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

plastered quack posted:

The podcast, at least the first four, are more about Harris's Phish stories and the humor of him defending his interest in Phish than it is about Scott and whether or not he actually likes the band.

It's basically a jumping off point to get to mocking the somewhat goofier aspects of Harris, which is basically what happens during CBB. If you like him there, then yeah I'd try it out.

Yeah, I definitely enjoy Harris' appearances on CBB so I'll probably check it out.

FitFortDanga posted:

Also worth noting the last two episodes have absolutely nothing to do with Phish. It's Paul F. Tompkins, Howard Kreme and Shelby Fero talking about Jaws.

Yeah, I know, but I figured I might as well ask about the series as a whole.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Beeez posted:

Yeah, I definitely enjoy Harris' appearances on CBB so I'll probably check it out.

Yeah, I know, but I figured I might as well ask about the series as a whole.

It's definitely worth listening because the fourth episode is amazing and worth the journey for one moment alone.

Harris making a joke seconds before the drunk, high, recorded him made the same joke.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I would also def say to give them a listen. Episode 3 also has Adam Scott guesting. I was pretty high when I listened to 3 and Scott/Adam's reaction to "ganja gooballs" made me laugh so hard I pulled a hamstring.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Reality Show Show is Show Good. Episode 5 and 6 are insanely funny episodes to jump into if you wanna try it. Baked Potata!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Scoobi posted:

Baked Potata!

This guy knows what's up.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Scoobi posted:

Reality Show Show is Show Good. Episode 5 and 6 are insanely funny episodes to jump into if you wanna try it. Baked Potata!

Big Beautiful Baked Potata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Also somebody here got a suggestion on I4H. Congrats, you know who you are.