Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that was a holodeck (iirc) and because its one of the worst episodes of trek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
season 5 seems to have the highest highs and lowest lows so far (excluding ooga booga africa planet). the time vortex one was really cool but im watching the perfect mate right now and gross

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
famke janssen is hot. she was almost dax too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
xenia onatopp

*sexes man to death*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Shaggar posted:

famke janssen is hot. she was almost dax too

she was funny in the ten. that movie was funny

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ha ha ha the 6th day opens with an xfl game.

it's unbelievably cheesy but it has some neat ideas and i can't hate a movie that has two arnies in it.

actually i can if it wastes them on a pg-13 rating but he says gently caress and you can kinda see a boob in one shot, also he runs over a guy with a '50s cadillac.

it never says how the "6th day laws" got their name. the scriptural reference is important to the movie itself (in the sense that it won't shut up about it) but there's no explanation as to how it relates to anything IN the movie. gently caress you movie.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

a schwarzenegger, movie… bad?

how can this be?!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

duTrieux. posted:

how can this be?!
not really "bad", more like a very weak 5 out of 10.

but still basically a waste of time unless you absolutely need to see two arnold schwarzeneggers in the same movie. it basically pulls every punch that it can as an action movie (aside from the guy getting run over but even that happens off-camera) and pads itself out with retarded family bullshit but it toes the pg-13 line so hard that i can't imagine anyone actually renting it as a family movie. tonally it does everything in its power to be completely unnecessary to everyone.

it would be p worthless but i liked the villain and the creepy unfinished clones (even though they completely rip off the judge stallone movie) and it played enough total recall-ish headgames to stay interesting for most of its running time. also there are two arnies in it, i'm not sure if i've made this clear enough yet.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 27, 2013

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

it would be p worthless but i liked the villain and the creepy unfinished clones

this is what i remember from that movie

bob saget and eyes poppin'

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
oh poo poo there's a new series of black mirror!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

duTrieux. posted:

how can this be?!

The Terminator
Conan the Barbarian
Predator
Total Recall
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
True Lies

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Moist von Lipwig posted:

The Terminator
Conan the Barbarian
Predator
Total Recall
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
True Lies

so your saying if you choose a arnold movie at random you have a 1/10 shot of getting a good movie

not great odds

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
if you don't consider "Commando" to be the pinnacle of 20th-century filmmaking them I'm afraid you're off my christmas list

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
True Lies is one of my movies that I have to watch any time that I come across it playing on TV. It's an outstanding action movie and it's bloody hilarious too. (And, say what you will, the Jamie Lee Curtis dance scene is hot as gently caress.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
same except terminator 2

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ol qwerty bastard posted:

(And, say what you will, the Jamie Lee Curtis dance scene is hot as gently caress.)

Jamie Lee Curtis is so manly there have been persistent rumors throughout the years that's she a hermaphrodite or something

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's a shame that there will be a generation of people who only know jamie lee curtis as the lady who eats yogurt to help her poop

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

True Lies is one of my movies that I have to watch any time that I come across it playing on TV. It's an outstanding action movie and it's bloody hilarious too. (And, say what you will, the Jamie Lee Curtis dance scene is hot as gently caress.)

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

Jamie Lee Curtis is so manly there have been persistent rumors throughout the years that's she a hermaphrodite or something

Welp guess I've got the gay then :gay:

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Stymie posted:

it's a shame that there will be a generation of people who only know jamie lee curtis as the lady who eats yogurt to help her poop

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
i like the first terminator but not the sequels so much. thanks for listening

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

i don't know about her other work but iirc that was a body double in true lies

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I watched real steel with chris jericho because why the hell not

it's no battlebots, they made it a reality show first and a gadget show second. fix that and it might actually be worthwhile

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

syscall girl posted:

i don't know about her other work but iirc that was a body double in true lies

pretty sure those were her actual boobs in "Trading Places"

also the reason she looks a bit masculine is because she's the daughter of Tony Curtis, possibly one of the manliest men in the history of the species and that's genetics for you

holy poo poo Tony Curtis died in 2010, i had no idea

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TOOT BOOT posted:

she was mentioned in my high school ap biology textbook in the section on chromosomal abnormalities

i remember it said that she had klinefelter syndrome or something that implied she had had sexual assignment surgery as an infant

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cds9s: this better be the last drat Vic Fontaine episode

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

vic fontaine loving sucks don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she was mentioned in my high school ap biology textbook in the section on chromosomal abnormalities

i remember it said that she had klinefelter syndrome or something that implied she had had sexual assignment surgery as an infant

your biology textbook repeated an urban legend, then, because there's no actual evidence for this story and there never has been outside of tabloid articles

also, Klinefelter syndrome doesn't work like that

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

guys, have you heard? lady gaga has a penis. i heard it from a guy who knows her irl

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dream Girl Blackjack posted:

Heather: you know who jamie lee curtis is?

Auron86: yes

Heather: she's got this thing called testicular feminization and she looks just like a beautiful woman but she has testicles inside her

Heather: I have that same condition, but you can't tell or anything unless you palpate my perineum

******Auron86 has disconnected

Heather: but she's so beautiful!

Heather: didn't you see True Lies?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

poke me in the taint

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

Argument for Vic Fontaine: "It's Only A Paper Moon"

One of the best Trek episodes IMO. Only DS9 could take the comedy-relief aliens and make them into complex and interesting characters that you care about.

Imagine if Star Wars VII comes out and Jar-Jar Binks is in it but he's actually well written and makes you feel emotions other than loathing; that's the sort of skill that DS9 writers had.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i thought everyone knew lady gaga was a herm

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

pffft come on, nog is terrible and everyone hates him

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual

Amethyst posted:

pffft come on, nog is terrible and everyone hates him

everyone hates nog because he was on ds9

ugh

terrible trek

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Imagine if Star Wars VII comes out and Jar-Jar Binks is in it but he's actually well written and makes you feel emotions other than loathing; that's the sort of skill that DS9 writers had.
he'd be hella old if he showed up in episode vii. now i'm trying not to picture an old fat wrinkly jar jar and failing horribly.

gently caress you for making me think of old jar jar.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Heresiarch posted:

your biology textbook repeated an urban legend, then, because there's no actual evidence for this story and there never has been outside of tabloid articles

also, Klinefelter syndrome doesn't work like that

exactly, it was sketchy as hell thinking about it now

at the time though we just laughed like dumbass teens

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
i am looking forward to a new star war

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

he'd be hella old if he showed up in episode vii. now i'm trying not to picture an old fat wrinkly jar jar and failing horribly.

gently caress you for making me think of old jar jar.

We don't know what the average lifespan of a Gungan is; they might live for hundreds of years.

Coincidentally, Yoda's species is never given.

Maybe he's a late-stage Gungan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Stymie posted:

holy poo poo a good stymie post

somebody call the mayans, the apocalypse is back on

• Locked thread