Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Wildlife Analysis posted:

I just don't see the point of it. All he will post is poorly sourced and cited right-wing think tank information. It would be like me trying to argue about wolf depredation and while I am using npwrc.usgs.gov as a source, my opponent is citing wolvesarebad.miscitedstudies.org. I mean, sure, it is better than the guy that posts ihatewolves.blogspot.com, but damning faint praise etc. I just cannot see any kind of rational dialogue arising from it. He has made it pretty clear by now that he is not opposed to parting shots, either.

Reminds me of a post I made on TPC when the Sheik was not banned, about getting his news from blogspot or Wordpress.

Never cite anything from blogspot or Wordpress :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

McDowell posted:

Eh it's one thing to horrify people with Goatse and tubgirl, being straight-up blasphemous doesn't strike me as entertaining.
It is if you don't care about religion but like to offend fundamentalist right-wingers.

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
I agree that CATO is almost always terrible (though people in D&D sure liked them when they endorsed Portugal's legalization policy) but it's a good thing to point out specific problems with the methodology, numbers and so on in addition to pointing out their funding.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
Speaking of the TPC show, I was reflecting on the horror that was yesterday's show and I remembered something I wanted to share with the thread and encourage everyone to read to get a real sense of just how much is at stake with the abortion issue. There's an amazing book called The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe v. Wade by Ann Fessler in which she has collected the stories of many women who were forced to go through pregnancies (in some cases due to rape) and give their infants up for adoption. People seem to talk about this like it's an easy thing, and it's not, it is something that has haunted many of these women their entire lives.

Vienna Circlejerk fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 2, 2013

romeo x-ray
Jan 16, 2013

by angerbeet

romeo x-ray fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 27, 2013

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!
Going for a silver medal in this year's Mental Gymnastics is TIO LOCO, performing a tricky gun regulation routine:

(Answer: The government should do nothing)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Speaking of the TPC show, I was reflecting on the horror that was yesterday's show...

People seem to talk about this like it's an easy thing, and it's not, it is something that has haunted many of these women their entire lives.

While I agree with your larger point I think it is important to note in that same show she tacitly agreed with the idea that gays deserve to die from AIDS.

Rightwing Watch posted:

A candidate with a long and ferocious anti-gay record as Michele Bachmann needs a campaign chairman with a similar history of activism against gay rights. Last week, Bachmann’s campaign announced that Tamara Scott will serve as her Iowa Co-Chair, with campaign manager Eric Woolson announcing, “We are proud to have the support of an honorable conservative leader like Tamara.”

Scott is the director of Iowa’s Concerned Women for America chapter, and last year successfully fought to remove three justices from the Iowa Supreme Court after they legalized marriage equality in the state. She claimed that the future of America and people’s potential to enter Heaven would be in jeopardy if marriage equality remains the law of the land, telling supporters, “This is a battle for your future as Americans, for your future as a society and for your future someday when you stand before the Throne.”

One reason Scott said that voters should oppose marriage equality for gay and lesbian couples is that it would open the door for polyamory and legalizing marriages between people and inanimate objects. While speaking with Bob Vander Plaats, the head of The Family Leader, Scott warned that gay rights will lead to people marrying objects like the Eiffel Tower.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that while some people may be ignorant or not put much thought into it Tamara Scott has devoted her life to letting it be known she is a repugnant human being with basically no redeeming qualities and does not deserve any benefit of doubt of not being a through and through disgusting person and is also the face of the TPC.

It's the same thing as the owners of TPC, they were proud members of "Sheriff Joe's Cold Case Posse" out to prove that Obama's birth certificate was a forgery. As far as I am concerned that makes you a proudly racist loving piece of poo poo on your face and I really don't care to give benefit of doubt to your other postions on Obama's presidency because I don't care to extract the finer points of your position from the fact that you are a racist piece of poo poo that is even entertaining the idea of a massive conspiracy going back decades to make Obama president.

I'm sure there are plenty of nice but just ignorant members of the TPC but the fact is they have chose to wallow with disgusting people. For me I just can't find the energy to reason with people on smaller more nuanced issues that won't even confront the idea that they are following the leadership of people that are disgusting for clear and simple reasons.

I mean what serious discussion about politics is there to be had with a racist when we have a black president or on social policy with a woman that thinks that gays deserve to die of AIDS?

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 2, 2013

AthenaH2SO4
Feb 17, 2011
Gone for a couple of days, and I have so much catching up to do...

TIO LOCO is a loving idiot, by the way. an impressively large percentage of the guns used for criminal purposes in Mexico are purchased at gun shows here in the U.S. The fact that you can, in some states, basically just stroll into a gun show and say "I'll take 5 of everything" and not have to go through any kind of waiting period or real background check is kind of a loving problem.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Is anyone having trouble getting to the site? It's just white. Or maybe they just banned Jeff the "TEA PATRIOT"

:ohdear:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Alex DeLarge posted:

Is anyone having trouble getting to the site? It's just white. Or maybe they just banned Jeff the "TEA PATRIOT"

All white is typically their IP ban.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Three Olives posted:

While I agree with your larger point I think it is important to note in that same show she tacitly agreed with the idea that gays deserve to die from AIDS.

Oh, I completely agree with you. I think it's really hard to wrap one's brain around the totality of the horror in that show all at once.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

SpookyTurtle posted:

Going for a silver medal in this year's Mental Gymnastics is TIO LOCO, performing a tricky gun regulation routine:

(Answer: The government should do nothing)

To be fair however, Fast and Furious was a terrible, immoral and probably illegal program. We should all be outraged by it no matter our political affiliation.

I've been watching this thread from a far for awhile now and what I have been struck the most by is the sheer amount of cognitive dissonance required to be a modern day conservative.
-They stick to strict interpretations of the constitution on matters of gun control yet seem to think that freedom of religion somehow only applies to Christians and does not also establish the separation of church/state.
-They want the government out of our affairs but want to outlaw gay marriage, limit access to birth control and outlaw abortion even in the most reprehensible circumstances.
-Preach personal responsibility but blame the government for every failure they have ever suffered.

They also seem to think the most binary of terms. Complex problems require complex solutions but they're answer to everything is either ban it or to not restrict anything at all.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Oh, I completely agree with you. I think it's really hard to wrap one's brain around the totality of the horror in that show all at once.

You don't, you accept that Tamara Scott is an awful, awful human being, drink and die a little bit inside.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

HollisBrown posted:

To be fair however, Fast and Furious was a terrible, immoral and probably illegal program. We should all be outraged by it no matter our political affiliation.

Very much so, but instead of being a condemnation of ATF ineffectiveness and the Drug War, the Right Wing outrage machine has been sending out chain emails for months suggesting that it is a false flag by Obama to justify taking our guns.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

We trolled on the cold site;
Freezing fingers type to a ban on white.
Chatting and waiting.
The man in the dark in a Stetson hat, so mystic and soulful.

An IRC op bans Olives of Three, reaching out in a piercing cry,
It stays with you until

The feeling has gone only you and I.
It means nothing to me.
This means nothing to me.
Oh Vienna, Circlejerk.

The long con story is weaving
Haunting memes, pizza and puppet strings,
The cover is calling.
Alone in the #room as the new proxy brings,
A cool empty silence (except for bees).
The warmth of A Predator Drone in a cold grey sky,
It fades to the distazZZZZzzzZZzZZzzzz.

The TROLLALERT.JPG image has gone
only you and I and Wilford Brimley.
Diabeetus means nothing to me.
This means nothing to me.
Ohhhhhhh, Vienna, Circlejerk.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

McDowell posted:

Very much so, but instead of being a condemnation of ATF ineffectiveness and the Drug War, the Right Wing outrage machine has been sending out chain emails for months suggesting that it is a false flag by Obama to justify taking our guns.

100% agree. There are many legitimate criticisms of President Obama but they always seem to latch onto the least truthful ones.

samsquantch1
Feb 18, 2013
Well, I was having a nice discussion with some folks until Robert showed up and called me a scaredy pants. They were not condemning me to hell anyway, which was nice. I have met a few decent people on there and I just want to shake them and say, 'What are you doing here?'!! If your real goal is just less government and less taxes, find a better group than this to work on it with. (I don't know if the folks on this thread might hold other hideous beliefs, even though they treated me decent. I don't want to know. I just need to believe that there are some decent folks on there!).

Lonely Swedish
Aug 13, 2010

HollisBrown posted:

I've been watching this thread from a far for awhile now and what I have been struck the most by is the sheer amount of cognitive dissonance required to be a modern day conservative.
-They stick to strict interpretations of the constitution on matters of gun control yet seem to think that freedom of religion somehow only applies to Christians and does not also establish the separation of church/state.
-They want the government out of our affairs but want to outlaw gay marriage, limit access to birth control and outlaw abortion even in the most reprehensible circumstances.
-Preach personal responsibility but blame the government for every failure they have ever suffered.

They also seem to think the most binary of terms. Complex problems require complex solutions but they're answer to everything is either ban it or to not restrict anything at all.

At this point it might as well be a handbook they give out: So you want to be an American Conservative? Just pick one of the Bible, the Constitution, or Atlas Shrugged and grab a few arguments from your chosen scripture and ram them down everyone's throat with a black-and-white agenda of moral superiority!

My favorite part is that, of those three and all the worthwhile material within, they choose the arguments that are least valuable to anyone. I mean hell, imagine if they went through the Bible and took away the whole "be charitable to the poor and kind to your neighbor" thing. Or the Constitution and they decided to fight for rights instead of against them. Or Ayn Rand and picked up pretty much the only worthwhile point she makes, that people are best served by exercising their intellect rather than ignoring it.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't tell if the PM on TPC I just got was spam from a bot or a goon. I just made my account today. I'm a little afraid to email the person and find out. How should I proceed?

Isabelle Caramel
Jun 23, 2008
The mods read the PMs on the TPC site, so whatever you do, don't let on that you're a goon in the messages. I did that once and was banned within a day.

gadZeus
Jul 31, 2008

McDowell posted:

Which is interesting in light of the fact that gunwalking started under Bush. Wide Receiver was a complete mess as well.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

So the Tea Party Community Mission Statement was put online a few days ago. Here's what it says

quote:

The Constitution, Liberty, and American Values.

Many years ago, when Dr. Benjamin Franklin emerged from what we regard as Freedom Hall, a bystander asked, “So Doctor, what sort of government did you give us?” Franklin responded with one of the greatest statements of his legendary career, “I gave you a Republic if you can keep it.”

The people of the United States have long held the remarkable collective documents crafted by our Founding Fathers as the nation’s guiding light of liberty. In that tradition, the organization known as the Tea Party Community (TPC) was born.

The Tea Party Community is a social platform, which connects and empowers like-minded, politically conservative individuals. TPC is an intended safe haven for sharing ideas, unifying a movement and organizing strategies to restore America to her rightful place as the greatest nation on earth.

TPC members can organize, communicate and share valuable information on upcoming events, rallies and meetings. Through this digital venue, a unified community can effectively begin the process of organizing into a viable political force that speaks to our elected officials with “One Voice”.

The TPC leadership is dedicated to altering the perilous situation in which America finds herself. We are dedicated to educating the American people through a complete media system that confronts the ills threatening our great nation. We will not rest until America is restored to her greatness and she is once again the “Shining City on a Hill.”

We recognize that America was founded on Biblical principles our Founding Fathers believed should guide us.

The Tea Party Community Leadership pledges to listen to the passionate concerns of our members. We may not always agree, but we are committed to discuss in a respectable manner the strategies that offer the most effective direction in which to proceed.

quote:

The Founders of Tea Party Community:
  1. Believe “All Men are Created Equal.”
  2. Believe “The Constitution” was written and ratified to protect the “Unalienable Rights” of Americans from government abuse.
  3. Pledge to support our Founding Father’s vision of the “Separation of Powers” (Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches) within our Federal System.
  4. Believe the principles embodied in the “Bill of Rights” protect Individual liberty.
  5. Pledge to lobby and petition our government at the federal and state level to insure new laws do not violate our Constitution.
  6. Pledge to lobby and petition government at all levels to prevent the excessive taxation of “We the People”.
  7. Believe all political power originates in the states – and with their sovereign people.
  8. Believe individuals are divinely guided and inspired.
  9. Believe the rights “Endowed by our Creator” are inseparable from our humanity.
  10. Believe that man creates governments, laws and doctrines to preserve “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.”
  11. Believe individuals are responsible for their actions.
  12. Believe America should be free from foreign debt.
  13. Pledge to lobby and petition our elected officials to balance the federal budget and eliminate our national debt.
  14. Believe profits give entrepreneurs incentive to use their knowledge and resources to satisfy the needs and wants of a free society.
  15. Believe private property and capital assets should be mainly owned and operated by private individuals.
  16. Believe government (foreign and domestic) should not control or manipulate free markets.
  17. Believe that excessive government regulations can be detrimental to a free capitalistic economy as do excessive taxes. Tea Party Community will lobby and petition to curtail and prevent excessive government intervention into our free markets.
  18. Pledge to protect the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign or domestic.
  19. Pledge to lobby and petition for America’s independence from foreign control over its natural resources – such as oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear power.
  20. Pledge to lobby and petition state and federal officials to secure America’s sovereign borders by enforcing existing immigration laws.
  21. Pledge to lobby and petition state and federal officials to protect American citizens from the reach of unjust foreign laws.
  22. Pledge to lobby and petition our federal government to provide America a strong military to preserve her security.
  23. Pledge to vigilantly lobby and petition federal officials to support and defend nations friendly to America.
  24. Pledge to lobby and petition our federal government against supporting nations that seek to injure the United States. We support a firm handling of foreign states that pursue policies that harm America and her allies.
  25. Believe hostile nations should not possess or have the ability to obtain or develop nuclear or biological weapons.
  26. Believe America should participate in fair-trade practices that benefit America and her allies.
Find the conflicting points above, 8 and 11 are nice.

quote:

Short Term Goals:
  • Tea Party Community (TPC) seeks to grow its membership through marketing and advertising campaigns that specifically target conservative and like-minded groups and associations. TPC in conjunction with this marketing plan will begin advertising on national radio, television and the Internet to educate the public and recruit new members.
  • TPC has begun building its media platform to include radio, television and web-cast programming. These mediums are critical to educate Americans on topics such as patriotism, the U.S. Constitution, critical social issues and more. This is all in an effort to engage the TPC Membership's political strength to advance the conservative agenda at local, state and federal levels.
  • TPC is committed to building a community that will utilize all available mechanisms necessary to advance its political agenda.
"The Tea Party Community leadership is dedicated to the restoration of this great nation."

Thank you for taking the time to read our Mission Statement.

God Bless each of you and God Bless America.
Enjoy reading this pile of poo poo.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I have to admit, you guys seem to be having a lot of fun. Been reading this thread for awhile now, and I'm tempted to jump in.

I have a couple of ideas for a character, what do you think?

1. Bill Sr from the Dead Milkmen song Stuart: Every so often drop lines about Johnny Werzner, my dead son, and start slowly sliding in conspiracy theories about what the queers are doing to the soil.

2. The Call Out: whenever someone makes some sly comment about race, gays, or killing Obama I come right out and baldly say what they are trying to be so clever about:
:bahgawd:: "Whall they say the President is gonna pardon a turkey for Thanksgiving...if he came 'round here I'd show him what we do to the REAL TURKEYS with my AR-15!"
:what:: "OK, so just to clarify here, you're saying if the president came to your house you'd shoot him, right?"
:bahgawd:: "Haha, no boy, I was just talking about TURKEYS, he he."
:what:: "So what is a 'REAL TURKEY?' then? Can you explain that for me? If not I'll just have to assume you're advocating harm to a public official and report you."

:byodame:: "HAW HAW HERE IS A PICTURE OF MOOCHELLE OBAMA AND A PICTURE OF A MONKEY"
:what:: "So what you're saying is that black people are closely related to monkeys, correct?"

3. Literal Liberal: The one they most fear. I think that yes, Obama is a God. I think truly he should have dictatorial powers. No reading between the lines here. I am on EBT, unemployment, and I vote for Obama for the free things he gives me. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Yes Virginia, there really is a conspiracy. Not only do I know about the FEMA camps, I'll watch with glee when they take you so-called outmoded "patriots" away. I hate the US, deep down. It's not just hyperbole, we're taking your guns. It's all true!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Isabelle Caramel posted:

The mods read the PMs on the TPC site, so whatever you do, don't let on that you're a goon in the messages. I did that once and was banned within a day.

Some clownshoes in this thread, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, figured they'd send me PMs about how they totally figured out that I'm a goon too. I had to report them for admitting to being a troll, lest a mod read the PMs and my cover get blown. Paranoid, but it's the price of sloppiness.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Astroman posted:

I have to admit, you guys seem to be having a lot of fun. Been reading this thread for awhile now, and I'm tempted to jump in.

I have a couple of ideas for a character, what do you think?

3. Literal Liberal: The one they most fear. I think that yes, Obama is a God. I think truly he should have dictatorial powers. No reading between the lines here. I am on EBT, unemployment, and I vote for Obama for the free things he gives me. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Yes Virginia, there really is a conspiracy. Not only do I know about the FEMA camps, I'll watch with glee when they take you so-called outmoded "patriots" away. I hate the US, deep down. It's not just hyperbole, we're taking your guns. It's all true!

This is the obvious answer.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Jackie D posted:

This is the obvious answer.

Yeah, definitely number 3. Don't forget to screencap.

duck hunt
Dec 22, 2010

Alex DeLarge posted:

Have no fear Jeff! There are a ton of free web proxies that you can use to register new accounts. The hardest part isn't getting around the IP ban, it is setting up the burner email accounts.

I think that the tools of the trade section of the OP should be expanded to explain how to get back in the action after an IP ban. Before the first thread went up, I already had my dick cheney and Jesus Christ accounts summarily IP banned.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
It's okay for the TPC mods to read your messages because at least they aren't the govt.

It's okay when a corporation shoves their fist up your rear end because FREE MARKET

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I guess TPC has actual spammers now, unless this is some bizarre troll.

That was posted on my "profile pictures" gallery, which is empty. My account doesn't have a profile picture, any profile information other than a name, and hasn't even made a single post.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

It's okay for the TPC mods to read your messages because at least they aren't the govt.

It's okay when a corporation shoves their fist up your rear end because FREE MARKET

It's also their right whack off when they intercept lusty messages between different profiles

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

I guess TPC has actual spammers now, unless this is some bizarre troll.

That was posted on my "profile pictures" gallery, which is empty. My account doesn't have a profile picture, any profile information other than a name, and hasn't even made a single post.

Faith Godwin? Unless they are using some Conservapedia dictionary pairings to make names up that has to be a troll

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ms. Godwin sent my account that message as well. I feel so cheated out of love. :(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

fyodor posted:

Ms. Godwin sent my account that message as well. I feel so cheated out of love. :(

Maybe she's just really promiscuous. Promiscuity is okay with TPC males as long as its hetero.

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.

duck hunt posted:

Have no fear Jeff! There are a ton of free web proxies that you can use to register new accounts. The hardest part isn't getting around the IP ban, it is setting up the burner email accounts.

I think that the tools of the trade section of the OP should be expanded to explain how to get back in the action after an IP ban. Before the first thread went up, I already had my dick cheney and Jesus Christ accounts summarily IP banned.

Try using a gmail account. Apparently gmail accepts myname@gmail.com as the same as my.name@gmail.com or my.nam.e@gmail.com, but TPC sees them as different. Just another example of their ultra-lovely coding.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wet and ready posted:

Try using a gmail account. Apparently gmail accepts myname@gmail.com as the same as my.name@gmail.com or my.nam.e@gmail.com, but TPC sees them as different. Just another example of their ultra-lovely coding.

Also GMail supports + in email which is awesome. If your email is blah@gmail.com you can put blah+anything@gmail.com and your email address and also filter it that way. Super useful if you want a quasi-burner email address.

Winston
Sep 20, 2005
smiling obediently
When going through a proxy, the global feed never loads up for me. Anyone else having that problem?

edit: it's made it impossible to troll since I got IP banned, and I've tried lots of different proxies with no luck.

Winston fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 3, 2013

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Oh Tom...

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

18 Character Limit posted:

All white is typically their IP ban.

Is there a way to get around this?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
We have numbers for the DoS attack we apparently made. A whole 600 million bits per second. Also known as .6 Gigabits per second.

djw175 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

McDowell posted:

Eh it's one thing to horrify people with Goatse and tubgirl, being straight-up blasphemous doesn't strike me as entertaining. Not to mention that rape jokes aren't funny (with the exception of the meta-joke with Carl and Handbanana on Aqua Teen).

You have not heard Anthony Jeselnik's new album. ;)

Alex DeLarge posted:

Your avatar, combined with the fact that you also got banned as a guy named Jeff on TPC, makes me think we have some sort of weird cosmic relationship.

• Locked thread