Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Wind Waker HD is coming out this year because the new one probably won't be out until near the end of the WiiU's life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

AngryCaterpillar posted:

What on Earth makes you think the new Zelda is coming this year?

they said it would in the Nintendo Direct a month or so ago

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I tried the MH demo but just couldn't get over the camera controls. My hand cramped up seriously badly when I finished the first demo quest. Buying a huge clunky peripheral for a game that has no native online support I just can't get behind :ohdear:

Did you use the lock on feature? On the touch screen there should be a square with a crude styalized pic of the monster. If you tap it, you can then quickly press L to orient your camera toward the monster. I have mostly been spamming L instead of using the d-pad.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

bpc908 posted:

they said it would in the Nintendo Direct a month or so ago

No they didn't. Look what Aonuma says here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MzG6lDA1A0&t=1905s

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AngryCaterpillar posted:

What on Earth makes you think the new Zelda is coming this year?

It's a moot point regardless - They'd still be heavily advertising it throughout the year alongside Wind Waker HD.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You'll note that they are not heavily advertising Wind Waker HD either. 3DS Zelda shouldn't be coming out this year, though. The big Nintendo push is Animal Crossing, Luigi Mansion and, later, Pokémon. They can do Zelda next year.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If anyone's playing monster hunter without a CPP, I've been playing with one and found what's just as viable is customizing the largest D-Pad Panel and placing it to the right, stretching it out to it's biggest size and lining it up with the D-Pad. Invert or not, to taste. Voila, there is your circle pad, just to the left instead of right.

I have too many full games purchased from the eshop at this point, I should stop unless I leave it like an idiot somewhere and fwoosh there my games go. I don't know why I can't login to a nintendo whatever account and reset my "main" 3DS serial number, and lock out the other one. I can't imagine a stolen 3DS going very long without hitting a wifi point to handshake, but I don't really care about the specific how's, I wonder why it's not and option with digital libraries becoming what (should) be a transient thing.

3DS has been my first portable in a long while. Does anyone also own a Vita, and is it worth having both? I don't know if the releases differ enough to warrant it, it just seems there's gonna be a vita price drop soon.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

You'll note that they are not heavily advertising Wind Waker HD either. 3DS Zelda shouldn't be coming out this year, though. The big Nintendo push is Animal Crossing, Luigi Mansion and, later, Pokémon. They can do Zelda next year.

Yeah this is the Year of Luigi not Link! Let Luigi have his moment godammit!

On a side note Giant Bomb have posted their QL and review of Luigi's Mansion and both are very positive. I'm super-hyped about this game right now. It's been a long time coming, but it looks like it'll be worth the wait.

Raffles fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 22, 2013

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Is there a recommended XL shell or decal somewhere on this thread? I mean, the leather case in the OP seems nice, but I'd like to be able to play in public with the Circle Pad Pro XL attached, and not also be flaunting that giant bright hey-look-at-me-everybody red lid on.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Capcom just announced at PAX a new Ducktales game, while theres no confirmation of a 3DS version yet, some of the people at it have reported the build appears to made for 3D. (like mutant mudds)

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Are the circle pad pro XLs ever going to be released in the states or is importing the only way I will be able to get one?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Pixeltendo posted:

Capcom just announced at PAX a new Ducktales game, while theres no confirmation of a 3DS version yet, some of the people at it have reported the build appears to made for 3D. (like mutant mudds)

I'm assuming they're working with Warren Spector, seeing as he expressed interest in making a new Ducktales game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

loudog999 posted:

Are the circle pad pro XLs ever going to be released in the states or is importing the only way I will be able to get one?
If they're not going to bring them out for Monster Hunter, I doubt they ever will. Import I guess.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Hey so I'm probably gonna pick up a 3DS XL at Target on sunday. Can anyone confirm that the acekard 2i works for playing DS games on it? Google gives a bunch of forums posts from last year that says it works, but nothing recent so I'm not sure.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Dat nostalgia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N0PzqF9gWY

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

YOURFRIEND posted:

Hey so I'm probably gonna pick up a 3DS XL at Target on sunday. Can anyone confirm that the acekard 2i works for playing DS games on it? Google gives a bunch of forums posts from last year that says it works, but nothing recent so I'm not sure.

SuperCard DSTwo is the only flash card that works on 3DS now.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

YOURFRIEND posted:

Yes it will work but it needs the newest update. New games need the newest firmware on the 3DS (which will block the card) AceKard will release an update. So keep your old DS system to patch it because you will want to day 1 buy a game at some point then not be able to update your aceKard. A DSi doesn't really have much trade in value anymore anyways.

edit: I haven't tried it on the newest firmware but it worked about 4 months ago since launch just fine.

Jacobus Spades
Oct 29, 2004

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Is there a recommended XL shell or decal somewhere on this thread? I mean, the leather case in the OP seems nice, but I'd like to be able to play in public with the Circle Pad Pro XL attached, and not also be flaunting that giant bright hey-look-at-me-everybody red lid on.

If you're a fan of Monster Hunter...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Looks awesome, but it better have the moon level still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_80PQ543rM

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

My pants, they esplode.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Pixeltendo posted:

That looks like it'd be a great 3DS title.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Oh yeah, I'm loving that artstyle. Gonna look amazing in 3D.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Pope Guilty posted:

That looks like it'd be a great 3DS title.

Everywhere I'm reading says it's console only through digital distribution. End of the trailer has the PSN, XBLA and eShop logos. The eShop logo is prefixed with Wii U.

Capcom Unity confirms: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/03/22/woo-hoo-ducktales-is-back

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 22, 2013

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

The link works, but the Pre-order Now button doesn't for me yet. Please let me give you my money, Capcom, I know you are already good at draining it from me even though I hate you.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Gonna play this until I fall into a duck blur.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

That game is poo poo value for $15, unless it's a remake of DuckTales 1+2 combined.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Any idea if this will work with the CPP XL? It seems like it would make it too bulky.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
It says it's two pieces, and "Removing the bottom piece allows use of the Circle Pad Pro" right there on the description.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Everywhere I'm reading says it's console only through digital distribution. End of the trailer has the PSN, XBLA and eShop logos. The eShop logo is prefixed with Wii U.

Capcom Unity confirms: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/03/22/woo-hoo-ducktales-is-back

Wow, what a waste then.

VVVVV
Life is good!

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 22, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Ducktales Remastered is coming to the 3ds. Otherwise if it wasn't I don't think it would have this warning on the bottom
http://i.imgur.com/Z0wU8WF.png

bpc908 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 22, 2013

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
You should probably link that photo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

bpc908 posted:

Ducktales Remastered is coming to the 3ds. Otherwise if it wasn't I don't think it would have this warning on the bottom

I'm just going off what a Capcom rep is saying. It's probably just a copy and paste job...

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Has there been any new info re: Target having XLs for $160 starting Sunday? I want to pick one up, but I just checked the weekly ad on their site and there's no mention of it.

coolskull fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 22, 2013

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
From CAG:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

BKPR posted:

Has there been any new info re: Target having XLs for $160 starting Sunday? I want to pick one up, but I just checked the weekly ad on their site and they're no mention of it.

That's because it's a week old. New ad is posted on Sundays. As far as I know it's still happening according to CAG.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Good to know. Gonna be real eager to get off work in two days.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Katana Gomai posted:

That game is poo poo value for $15, unless it's a remake of DuckTales 1+2 combined.

It's apparently going to have new areas, according to the capcom-unity blog post. Not sure how MANY new areas, but I think they realize that the original was a bit... lacking in terms of content.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

bpc908 posted:

That same warning also mentions Kinect so it's probably just a standard copy and paste unless you could pogo in real life to play the game which would be incredible.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Pyrovile posted:

That same warning also mentions Kinect so it's probably just a standard copy and paste unless you could pogo in real life to play the game which would be incredible.

It's absolutely standard copy and paste, but it's also the standard copy and paste for 3DS, not WiiU. Kinect is an accessory, not a whole console.

That said, I don't see any reason they wouldn't have announced a 3DS version alongside the rest if it were coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid

bpc908 posted:

$15 is a bit steep for a hd remastered. Wasn't SF2 on XBL/PSN only 5 or 10 bucks?

• Locked thread