Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007
Who do I ask about getting in on this GoonNZB thing or has my endless procrastinating finally caught up with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

Who do I ask about getting in on this GoonNZB thing or has my endless procrastinating finally caught up with me?

Here's the post.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
edit: Nevermind

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...
I sent a GooNZB request in on 3/7 but haven't gotten a response yet...what do I need to do to move this along?

tjume
Feb 8, 2009
Hi,
I'm re-installing Windows tomorrow and I'd like to keep my sabnzbd queue.
Will migrating the sabnzbd folder in appdata\local to my new user directory be enough or do I have to backup other folders too?
My (in)complete directory is on another drive and will not be touched.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

Recently, I've found an increasing number of my SABnzbd downloads fail, requiring additional blocks. I have four backup providers but, nonetheless, just assumed that DMCA takedowns were to blame.

However, on a whim, I just tried manually running MacPAR on two of the failed downloads in my SAB temp folder and, to my surprise, all the PAR and RAR files checked out perfectly, didn't need to be repaired, and extracted just fine. These particular nzbs had failed in SAB due to missing blocks (one was apparently 434 short, and the other 1795). Unfortunately, the log files had been rotated, so I was unable to look to those for insight.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? I'm using SAB 0.7.11 on OS X 10.8.3.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

moron posted:

Recently, I've found an increasing number of my SABnzbd downloads fail, requiring additional blocks. I have four backup providers but, nonetheless, just assumed that DMCA takedowns were to blame.

However, on a whim, I just tried manually running MacPAR on two of the failed downloads in my SAB temp folder and, to my surprise, all the PAR and RAR files checked out perfectly, didn't need to be repaired, and extracted just fine. These particular nzbs had failed in SAB due to missing blocks (one was apparently 434 short, and the other 1795). Unfortunately, the log files had been rotated, so I was unable to look to those for insight.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? I'm using SAB 0.7.11 on OS X 10.8.3.

Happens to me all the time, I use QuickPAR though, but 95% of the time it manages to repair everything where SAB fails.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I built a new pc and got all my setup going, but when I install the nzbdstatus addon I don't get that really handy orange button on the side of each article that shot the nzb straight to SAB. I set up all the settings, am I missing a key piece?

EDIT: nevermind figured it out. The official release at mozilla and on the homepage is really old. The "unsupported" version kicked me from 1.x to 2.05b. Works great now!

Minty Swagger fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 23, 2013

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

evilbastard posted:

This one was a nightmare as well, I kinda hope for a fully sickbeard like one for comics, or just a better understanding of python.

On Saturday I thought "I wonder what ever happened to that Mylar program, the one that was supposed to be Sickbeard/Headphones for comics". So I ran it.

In any case, it's progressing quite nicely, however major features are still missing, such as ability to recognise an existing set of comics, so it's something you might want to keep in mind for the future.
[/quote]

I haven't been able to get that thing to find me anything at all. Like, even some really, really obviously available titles, it comes up with no results. Did you have to do anything special to get it to actually find results?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

In an unrelated topic, has anyone heard of nzb.su doing anything sketchy lately?

I sent an invite to a friend, they signed up for VIP and now the site won't let them log in and says the email address isn't in the site.

Do they even read emails to root@nzb.su ? I've told her to email and see what's up, but it seems real weird that as soon as she paid for VIP that it locked her out.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Telex posted:

In an unrelated topic, has anyone heard of nzb.su doing anything sketchy lately?

I sent an invite to a friend, they signed up for VIP and now the site won't let them log in and says the email address isn't in the site.

Do they even read emails to root@nzb.su ? I've told her to email and see what's up, but it seems real weird that as soon as she paid for VIP that it locked her out.
Try asking in their help forum. http://nzb.su/board/forum/Report+a+Problem/3/

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Is there a reason why the dutch seem to have a hard-on for hardcoded subtitles without a hint in the file name?

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
I downloaded xbmc the other day now I've decided to take the plunge into Usenet. God help me.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

ZHamburglar posted:

I downloaded xbmc the other day now I've decided to take the plunge into Usenet. God help me.

Oh, he is - through the wonders of usenet :)

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
The newest version of couchforwarder mentions a sabToCouch.py in the "What's new" section. Does anyone know where this script can be found? It's not included with either sabnzbd or couchpotato.

Couchpotato is already able to monitor its download directory, but it would probably be a bit more reliable to have a post processing script. Might help with the few times where couchpotato seems to miss a completed download.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
speaking of xmbc, does it stream over the internet like Plex does?

Does anyone know of an alternative to Plex thats anywhere near as simple/powerful. I really like it but I want to explore alternatives.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Gozinbulx posted:

Does anyone know of an alternative to Plex thats anywhere near as simple/powerful. I really like it but I want to explore alternatives.

no

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Polluxx Troy posted:

I sent a GooNZB request in on 3/7 but haven't gotten a response yet...what do I need to do to move this along?

I'm wondering the same but I guess no news is good news?

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

Le0 posted:

I'm wondering the same but I guess no news is good news?

Same here, although I didn't go to IRC and volunteer as an alpha tester. My guess is that once GoonZB is ready to go we will all be contacted, and/or hear about it here.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

modeski posted:

Same here, although I didn't go to IRC and volunteer as an alpha tester. My guess is that once GoonZB is ready to go we will all be contacted, and/or hear about it here.

I didn't go to IRC either, I just sent the "Yeah let me test things" email and heard back a few days ago.
Just be patient, is all. There are still things to work out but it looks drat nice.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Also sent a GooNZB invite email - I've been out of the loop and have missed reliable Usenet for so long :\

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
I just came across a release that had all of the rar files misnamed, according to QuickPar (the whole snatch was said to be bad and failed to extract, according to SABNzbd). QuickPar went through the whole thing, all files being misnamed, then it said no repairs were needed and it fixed the filenames. Sure enough the release was intact! Really weird poo poo going on these days.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
So I want to register with Nzbsrus because they seem to have poo poo quite early, but gently caress me - they charge you in Bitcoins?

Where can I go with quality like Nzbsrus?

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
NZBsRus used to be great. After their site got screwed by some bug that granted people VIP access too easily, they purged everyone's VIP access as "a security measure," including all those with very obvious history with the site, and not something more intelligent, or with integrity, like recent-registers.
Then they made most older VIP folks re-purchase their VIP membership. Which wasn't anywhere as long as their previous. So gently caress them all, really.

NZB.su is probably your next best bet.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Kachunkachunk posted:

NZBsRus used to be great. After their site got screwed by some bug that granted people VIP access too easily, they purged everyone's VIP access as "a security measure," including all those with very obvious history with the site, and not something more intelligent, or with integrity, like recent-registers.
Then they made most older VIP folks re-purchase their VIP membership at triple the cost. Which wasn't anywhere as long as their previous. So gently caress them all, really.

NZB.su is probably your next best bet.

Fixed that for accuracy. Let's also not forget the "lifetime VIP" debacle, either. Apparently, their idea of lifetime VIP access is three years. It's a loving joke that they'd expect anyone to shell out a couple hundred dollars worth of bitcoins for their lifetime VIP access after that bullshit.

I probably wouldn't be so bitter about losing my lifetime VIP if I was a heavy user. At the time that all this poo poo went down, I had only downloaded 66 nzbs from them over the course of three years and I never even used their stupid api. They were, literally, my backup in case Newzbin and NZBMatrix were to go down. That worked out just loving splendidly, too.:argh:

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

So I want to register with Nzbsrus because they seem to have poo poo quite early, but gently caress me - they charge you in Bitcoins?

Where can I go with quality like Nzbsrus?
No pm's for you? Cheap rear end. Give me an address.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

porktree posted:

No pm's for you? Cheap rear end. Give me an address.

Hahaha

Drvideogames0050 gmail

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Gozinbulx posted:

I used to use Emit a little bit a while ago, it was alright but it looks like they have put a fair amount of work into it. Its supposedly goon made. Plex has been kind of pissing me off lately, so I might give it a try again.

https://www.emitapp.com/

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Sickbeard just hosed me over. I forgot to pause SAB before I went to bed; I have to do this because Sickbeard loves to waste my bandwidth snatching new versions of poo poo that I don't want and I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. Last night was a new low, though; it grabbed the same drat file thirty-four times before I caught it. It's going to send me over my monthly bandwidth quota which is going to mean I get an awesome new fee from my ISP.

I am extremely angry about this. Does anyone know what could cause this or better yet, does anyone know a way to tell Sickbeard to not ever search for new versions of stuff? gently caress. :mad:

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Not sure how to solve that, but if you set the priority of the TV category in SAB to Paused everything SB adds will be paused until you manually release it.

(Assuming you have SB set to add stuff to that category of course.)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

:doh: I never even knew that option existed. Thanks.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

moron posted:

Happens to me all the time too. I'm assuming it's down to DMCA requests or something, no idea why the extract fails though seeing as it works when it's done manually.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

...! posted:

Sickbeard just hosed me over. I forgot to pause SAB before I went to bed; I have to do this because Sickbeard loves to waste my bandwidth snatching new versions of poo poo that I don't want and I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. Last night was a new low, though; it grabbed the same drat file thirty-four times before I caught it. It's going to send me over my monthly bandwidth quota which is going to mean I get an awesome new fee from my ISP.

I am extremely angry about this. Does anyone know what could cause this or better yet, does anyone know a way to tell Sickbeard to not ever search for new versions of stuff? gently caress. :mad:

Is SB maybe trying to archive poo poo in a higher quality, as it finds it?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

^^^ Yes and I'd really rather it didn't. It should ask, at the very least.

PirateDentist posted:

Not sure how to solve that, but if you set the priority of the TV category in SAB to Paused everything SB adds will be paused until you manually release it.

(Assuming you have SB set to add stuff to that category of course.)

This actually appears to not work at all. I set all of that category to paused but it's not actually pausing anything; Sickbeard just grabbed something else and it never paused it. Grr...

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
What are you telling Sick Beard to grab, quality-wise? Set it to a single quality, and not custom. It should by default grab a single quality and keep it, unless you set up a custom quality to snatch and archive. This can be done as a default setting, and also changed on a per-show basis.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I fixed it, and I am a retard.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 27, 2013

...!
Oct 5, 2003

PitViper posted:

What are you telling Sick Beard to grab, quality-wise? Set it to a single quality, and not custom. It should by default grab a single quality and keep it, unless you set up a custom quality to snatch and archive. This can be done as a default setting, and also changed on a per-show basis.

poo poo, I had everything set as custom and thought I had to tell it two different qualities. :doh::doh:

Thanks for the help.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Anyone have a decent regex for a.b.mom for people running their own newznab setup? The ones provided seem to miss about 90% of the stuff that is worthwhile. The big sites like nzbs.org and dognzb seem to find them fine.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh hey, iMDBs RSS feed is now working properly again. Wasn't working for months for me (and others it seems), so that's a spot of good news. Without doubt the easiest way to add things to CouchPotato but utterly useless when it doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
how helpful would it be to run your own newznab? Like, what am I missing with nzb.su?