Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

No the point is the tray allow you to actually get at the crisps without trying to shove your hand down the tube.

Yes and the counterpoint is that the chips must be smaller to facilitate the fitting of the tray (or the tube has to be larger), and it creates needless waste. There's already a perfectly good way to get pringles and pringles-alikes out of the can: it's called putting your hand over the top and turning the can upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

GruntyThrst posted:

it's called putting your hand over the top and turning the can upside down.

Sure, if you like getting all the crumbs everywhere. :colbert:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

What? Are you like one of those people in an infomercial that can't seem to perform everyday tasks without spilling everything or falling down or getting a goofy confused look on your face? 'Hand over opening' is not that hard.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Tilt the tube to about 25 degrees below horizontal and the pringles will glide gently down the slope into your waiting hand.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

[modedit: nsfw image gone]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
nsw that...

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Happy easter!

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
whoops, sorry about that

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

hackedaccount posted:

whoops, sorry about that

Why are those eggs so unnaturally white? Is that a common thing in some country or have they been bleached or something just for that image?

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Megaspel posted:

Why are those eggs so unnaturally white? Is that a common thing in some country or have they been bleached or something just for that image?

Different breeds of chicken lay different color eggs. No nutritional difference, just in some places it's easier to get white eggs or brown eggs depending on what chickens the farmers keep.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Megaspel posted:

^^^^^ listen to them, you learn something new everyday!

Its common in america for most eggs to be bleached. The brown/ normal eggs are usually 2x/3x as expensive for some reason.

Dr. Fraiser Chain has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Mar 29, 2013

iraqniphobia
Aug 21, 2003

Goodpancakes posted:

Its common in america for most eggs to be bleached.

Uh, no.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Eggsactly. Most of the ones in the US come out white. Some people do some kind of weirdo genetics thing that produces several different color eggs for 'naturally colored' easter baskets. Someone in PI was doing it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Peanut butter.

Hoover Dam posted:

Different breeds of chicken lay different color eggs. No nutritional difference, just in some places it's easier to get white eggs or brown eggs depending on what chickens the farmers keep.
My Grandma's chickens all laid brown eggs...good story, huh?
Edit: Looking it up, she most likely had Golden Comets. I couldn't find a funny picture of one, though :(
Nobody has made a decent chart of chicken breeds and what kind of eggs they lay, but here's one that's all text-
http://www.poultry.allotment.org.uk/Chicken_a/egg_shell_color/egg_shell_color.php

And here's a page that calls itself a chart, but isn't, with breed name next to photos of the eggs.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/egg-color-chart-find-out-what-egg-color-your-breed-lays

Bored has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Mar 29, 2013

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

White eggs used to be the more expensive kind, because people thought they were "pure" or some horseshit. Now the brown eggs are more expensive because they're more "natural".

Why? :psyduck:

Golden_Zucchini
May 16, 2007

Would you love if I was big as a whale, had a-
Oh wait. I still am.
Maybe it's just because I'm tired, I don't know, but I found this group amusing:

Now I kind of want to start a "replace people's faces with eggs" photoshop thread, but I don't know how to use photoshop so I guess you're all safe from that.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Pre-fab cabinetry. But they could have removed the knobs and filled the holes with something to make it less obvious.

My condo has an unusable cabinet door tucked away beside our stove as well.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rip it open. That's where they hid the treasure.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

BANME.sh posted:

Pre-fab cabinetry. But they could have removed the knobs and filled the holes with something to make it less obvious.

My condo has an unusable cabinet door tucked away beside our stove as well.

Maybe at one point it held a gas stove that needed access to the underlying components?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

I just like that "random dude" is part of their boilerplate for screen graphics.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
If anyone cares I'm gonna clean out most of the stuff in my imgur account this weekend so if you like something I posted grab it now.

Here's something for the college crowd:

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

My apartment's full of weird/stupid poo poo like this. Observe:

Drawer that can't be opened unless the oven is open.

Recessed full length hallway mirror full of Chinese VHS and Betamax tapes. Landlord didn't even know it was there.

I was hoping for something more interesting, but it's mostly just Hong Kong cop TV shows and some home videos from the 70s.

Does nothing.

Does nothing.

Middle nub does nothing.

Little switch does nothing.

Both do nothing.

Here's a doozy. Outlet in the cupboard ceiling, somehow on the same fuse as the 2 bedrooms on the other side of the house. We know this because if we run the microwave on high while our computers are running, we blow a fuse. But only in the bedrooms and that one kitchen outlet.

Whoever designed this house was the personification of :wtc:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Holy poo poo that's the best apartment ever. I want a thread just for your place.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Clearly you live above a kidnap/murder hole. Listen for screams next time you flip those switches. Chances are there's snuff videos after the first few minutes on the tapes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's like a less spooky Winchester house.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Groverhaus II: Grove Harder

Seriously though how do you know they do nothing? Do you just flip the switches, see nothing happen, and assume they do nothing, or did you actually check the wiring? They have to exist for a purpose, even if that purpose doesn't exist anymore.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The cupboard outlet is pretty normal, they're put there in case you have a microwave that's suspended from the cabinet so that you don't have to run a visible wire downwards towards an outlet.

And my parents have the same problem with opening the oven first to get to a drawer in their house, seems like it's a pretty common mistake.

The little switches everywhere are the weirdest, the house must've been built by a bored electrician who liked to tinker.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Yeah, those switches must do SOMETHING.

Not quite as strange of as that, but the house I rent has this.. thing.

It ticks softly like an egg timer constantly. There's no way to stop it. The bar at the top right turns on our exterior flood lights, that's all I know. I assume it's some sort of timer for the outside lights, but I don't have the slightest clue how it's intended to function. Our landlords don't have any idea either.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

White eggs used to be the more expensive kind, because people thought they were "pure" or some horseshit. Now the brown eggs are more expensive because they're more "natural".

Why? :psyduck:

That's a range up top. Those cabinets are for access if you need to work on the range. We had one of these once and it can be a lifesaver not having to rip up everything.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Bonk posted:

My apartment's full of weird/stupid poo poo like this. Observe:

Drawer that can't be opened unless the oven is open.

Recessed full length hallway mirror full of Chinese VHS and Betamax tapes. Landlord didn't even know it was there.

I was hoping for something more interesting, but it's mostly just Hong Kong cop TV shows and some home videos from the 70s.

Does nothing.

Does nothing.

Middle nub does nothing.

Little switch does nothing.

Both do nothing.

Here's a doozy. Outlet in the cupboard ceiling, somehow on the same fuse as the 2 bedrooms on the other side of the house. We know this because if we run the microwave on high while our computers are running, we blow a fuse. But only in the bedrooms and that one kitchen outlet.

Whoever designed this house was the personification of :wtc:

Did you never play Riven? Clearly you just haven't found the right combination of switch settings to open up the secret passageway. The secret is probably on one of those videotapes.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

Did you never play Riven? Clearly you just haven't found the right combination of switch settings to open up the secret passageway. The secret is probably on one of those videotapes.

Don't actually watch the video tapes though, lest you notice the faceless man in the business suit in the background. Honestly, investigating the mysteries of your apartment will only bring trouble.

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012

TShields posted:

It ticks softly like an egg timer constantly. There's no way to stop it. The bar at the top right turns on our exterior flood lights, that's all I know. I assume it's some sort of timer for the outside lights, but I don't have the slightest clue how it's intended to function. Our landlords don't have any idea either.

Yeah, it's probably designed to turn on the lights at certain times to ward off burglars.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Golden_Zucchini posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm tired, I don't know, but I found this group amusing:

Now I kind of want to start a "replace people's faces with eggs" photoshop thread, but I don't know how to use photoshop so I guess you're all safe from that.

You don't need to use photoshop to do those.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

TShields posted:

It's missing little red & green nubs that slide into those grooves to set the time.

I may have some :getin:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

PainterofCrap posted:

It's missing little red & green nubs that slide into those grooves to set the time.

Different type of timer, the prong things on the outer part are movable, and you flip up the range you want it on, and leave down the range you want off. I use these extensively because gently caress if you don't lose those little plastic things eventually.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

PainterofCrap posted:

TShields' looks more like you're supposed to turn the lights on, then line up the dial with the arrow just below the top screw to set when they're to be turned off. That way you're not wasting electricity between sunrise and whenever you'd get up. My parents' house used to have something similar before they installed the light sensors instead.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Trig Discipline posted:

I'm guessing he found at least 2 of the right combinations - 1 to open the Secret Betamax Closet, and the other to control the Garbage Disposal of Wonderment. Eagerly awaiting a news article indicating he found the Hidden Trapdoor to the Abyss that shoots him out into one of the property dumpsters

• Locked thread