Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Ah, I got a card from ThePitGoddess about a week ago and I need to thank her! Goon love! I will be tendering my reply soon! :-D

Everyone else, hope you have been well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
DLAO, I owe you and Niemat letters, I'll be writing those tonight, sorry I've been slacking, but I'll tell you all about it...IN A LETTER!! :neckbeard:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Mail call!

A lovely St. Patrick's day card from genesplicer along with awesome cards from Jimmy da Fish, panorama change, Dushkani, and Thermophonic Joy. Jimmy da Fish, you always find such adorable cards!

A pretty amazing surprise from Team Lunch, complete with a hand made journal and the cutest stationary!

From the always lovely lamb. Look at that rabbit's toothy grin. The stuff of nightmares. :3:

And an unexpected bundle of Easter joy from Sad Salad Tosser.

Genetically modified chicks, all of whom appear to have survived the the long trip.

A whimsical paper doll kit! Although Easter is over, I'm still looking forward to spending a rainy afternoon assembling these little critters.

Thanks everyone for the mail! If you've sent me something and I haven't thanked you, please pipe up!

Team Lunch posted:

That's ok! Thank YOU Hemlock!

Also, I left out two people on the Valentines Day thank yous- thank you God Bless Johnny & Bampf Kerpow!

I have done exactly this, and accented it with Rythe's lego heart:

The cross stitch reads: " Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms, and the Valentine moon is bright"
Still need to find a proper tiny frame for my Joker and Harley one.

Team Lunch, that quote is from "The Wolfman", but I changed it from August moon to Valentine's moon and didn't realize until now that it sounds so...rape-y. Sorry about that. :cripes:

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 20, 2013

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Hi all, I wanted to say "thanks" to: The Genesplicers, DLAO, party hat and JimmydaFish.

I've updated the list to remove anyone who hasn't posted in the last two months. If I've removed you and you want to get back on, let me know and I will add you back ASAP.

Again, the list lives here:

http://goonstuff.side-o-lamb.com

PM me or send an email to lisa [at] side-o-lamb [dotcom] for the password if you would like it.

I have a letter in the works for you DLAO, and I am working on a summertime mailing that will hopefully go out some time soon.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Heheh, Happy Happy Joy Joy! I anxiously await the arrival of your correspondence, LAMB

I got goon mail from Panorama_Change, Shoozy Kopp, and Kafka's Goldfish I've been sick and overworked lately, so I apologize for the late posting/responses. Getting my bum into gear to fire off some goon mail.

If I've missed anyone, PLEASE LET ME KNOW and I will send you something as well! :-)

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I have had a tough month. My mom died unexpectedly so I've been dealing with that. Nonetheless, I am eager to get back in the swing of things and am going to send some mail out to the usual suspects over the weekend.

Did you know that May 11 is "Eat want you want" day? I may send some recipes out. May 16 is "National sea monkey day". I will not be sending anyone freeze dried shrimp.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Shoozy posted:

I have had a tough month. My mom died unexpectedly so I've been dealing with that.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Are you accepting sympathy cards from internet strangers...? :ohdear:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Shoozy posted:

I have had a tough month. My mom died unexpectedly so I've been dealing with that. Nonetheless, I am eager to get back in the swing of things and am going to send some mail out to the usual suspects over the weekend.

Did you know that May 11 is "Eat want you want" day? I may send some recipes out. May 16 is "National sea monkey day". I will not be sending anyone freeze dried shrimp.

Oh Shoozy, I am so sorry for your loss. :sympathy:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Shoozy posted:

I'm sorry for your loss, Shoozy. I second Niemat's question.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Post my personal information to goons in the hope i will receive arts and crafts via post? That sounds like a terrible idea.

Kommando
2 Sangster Street
Macgregor, Brisbane
Queensland, Australia 4109

Male goon
I like science (esp chemistry and cosmology), gaming, photography, politics, dogs, cooking, camping and NSFW material (ladies in lingerie, stockings and heels [ oh why am i revealing this? :cripes:] )

NSFW can go in or outside the packaging, i don't care, Australia post are all secretly kinky.

I do not observe religious holidays.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 24, 2013

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Kafka's Goldfish, thank you for the lovely cross-stitch!

It was requested by my e-BFF Disargeria. I finally put his Christmas present in the mail today. :doh:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Interesting. Lamb got her card from us. However, one of the others came back, with a "not enough postage" stamp on it. Funny, Lamb is all the way across the country, and the returned one is in the same state. Not only that, but the P.O. says I need to add another $1.61 for postage FOR A LETTER...

Hmmmm. Something is wrong. Has anyone else received one of the cards with the crocheted flowers?

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Shoozy posted:

I'm so very sorry to hear that, Shoozy :(

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Haven't been able to do this for a while, but just got more stamps! Back from a road trip and I have some neat stuff I've collected up I will be sending out shortly. Also, just going to put it out there that My Birthday is on May 4th. :toot:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

genesplicer posted:

Interesting. Lamb got her card from us. However, one of the others came back, with a "not enough postage" stamp on it. Funny, Lamb is all the way across the country, and the returned one is in the same state. Not only that, but the P.O. says I need to add another $1.61 for postage FOR A LETTER...

Hmmmm. Something is wrong. Has anyone else received one of the cards with the crocheted flowers?

I got mine! Thank you very much! Really big lift to my day. Things have been rear end over armpit in my world. It was very beautiful and I love the seeds. :sun:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Gee, for being "strangers from the Internet", you're all awfully sweet. Thank you, all for your condolences. If you also want to mail me condolences, they will be sincerely appreciated.

You can all consider yourselves hugged. Thanks, goonfriends.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Shoozy posted:

Gee, for being "strangers from the Internet", you're all awfully sweet. Thank you, all for your condolences. If you also want to mail me condolences, they will be sincerely appreciated.

You can all consider yourselves hugged. Thanks, goonfriends.

Oh hey... I zoned in on GS's post because I was looking for him to thank him for the mail, then saw your post.

I'm so sorry, I hope you're doing ok. That's a rough one. I truly empathise, I've been going through a similar experience. Internet strangers are some of the most caring, in my opinion. Consider more good thoughts and wishes and :glomp: 's going your way.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 25, 2013

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I wanted to thank Genesplicer for the gorgeous envelope, note and seeds. Can't wait to plant tiny little flowers! :3:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

DLAO and The Genesplicers I am penning your replies presently but realistically they won't actually be picked up by the mailman until Monday.

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

Shoozy posted:

Very sorry to hear that. :smith: My thoughts are with you. :sympathy:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

genesplicer posted:

Just got mine, thanks! Excited for flowers!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Oh. Please don't mail me seeds, quarantine is ruthless in Australia.
Just FYI.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I'm getting the feeling that half of the stack I sent out never made it to the reciprients :ohdear:

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
I have a lot of people to thank since March for the mailbox love. The last one I got recently was from the Genesplicers. Your little unexpected envelope brought me joy. So cute! Thank you, thank you =)! :love:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

genesplicer posted:

I did! I have been wanting to plant the seeds somewhere, but I have lots of weeds to pull first.. :ohdear:

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Sent some out today, yay!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
St. Patrick's day packages full of awesomeness from

lamb

and DLAO

Thanks guys! I've sent out some pen pal responses and thank you's to those of you who have sent me mail these last two or so months!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I've recently received letters from a few of you, and I'll return them, I swear!! Finals week is upon me, so I'll be sending out a stack of letters to you fine goons that have written me the middle of next week. While I'm on the subject, I wanted to thank everyone that's been exchanging letters with me. This semester has been the most challenging semester out of all of my schooling academics-wise, so it was nice to receive encouraging (and random!) letters. :buddy:

As a side story, I was skyping with my dad the other day, and I mentioned that I felt bad because I was behind on my pen pal letters. He started laughing, because he thought I was kidding; no one puts actual pen to paper and writes letters these days! I said, no, really, we actually write letters, and I showed him a few of the letters I've received. He asked me where my letters all came from, and I said mostly from the east coast (haha), but I also write with people in Canada, Europe, and South America. He was absolutely blown away and said he might have to join "whatever crazy internet site" I met everyone on, because he thought it was so cool there was a group of people out there that still enjoyed writing letters. So, I guess, kudos to us, everyone! :3: We made my dad's day the other evening!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Niemat posted:

:3: We made my dad's day the other evening!

Mission accomplished. :fsmug:

I'm behind myself, will be writing a few overdue letters tomorrow.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Got home last night to a wonderful surprise. 2 cards from Kafka's Goldfish and 1 from Shoozy. Thank you so much. Work has been crazy busy but I hope to get some mail out in the not too distant future. :keke:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO, Kafka's Goldfish, and PG, I got your letters and penned replies today at work, so they'll get picked up by my crazy/awesome mail lady Monday and be on the way to your respective doors!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I'm visiting a friend in Colorado right now, and so I'm gonna be sending out some Colorado postcards soon... so excited! :3:

If anyone collects postcards, let me know!! I know someone does other than me, but I can't remember who... :ohdear:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm back from O/S, has anyone gotten any postcards yet?

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Getting ready to send out some postcards...Final Fantasy themed postcards. Oooo.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Just so everyone knows I haven't abandoned this thread and all the wonderful goons that were sending me letters; I needed to give a quick update. A few weeks ago I rescued a dog, and after exhausting all efforts to find the owner I've decided to keep her. My girlfriend and I have named her Pepper Stormageddon. It's the first time I've had an inside dog and she has not only taken over my life, but also stolen my heart. I apologize to all those goons that I haven't written a response to, I still plan on sending those out in the near future.

For all the dog lovers in the this thread, here's a few pictures of my new found friend.

http://imgur.com/a/3PIi7

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I feel like I've neglected this thread, too, although I don't have the awesome excuse as Panorama_change does. That's a sweet lookin' pup ya got there.

Since my mom died, I've been alternating between procrastination and slothfulness. I received some very nice sympathy notes from a few of you. Thank you.

I never did manage to send any May cards out. I might manage to get some June cards out...

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Ah. I also am behind with responses. But, I DO have an excuse. Anyone who doesn't already recognize my insanity, you will now.

I reconnected with an old friend from high school a few weeks ago and we decided to get together. And now move in together. And we've decided to elope next month. So--- a bit of a world wind going on, but I'm so deliriously happy and just following it down any path it brings me. :-) He also got me the MOST BEAUTIFUL ENGAGEMENT RING IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD. My family can't decide if they want to be happy for me or disown me, but I just don't care. I also have been interviewing like crazy and am getting ready to turn in my two weeks and start a new job (YAY)

So, I'm hoping things are going well for everyone else.

Panorama_Change--- I'm so happy about your doggie!

Shoozy---- You are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things start getting better soon.

I will be sending out letters soon.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

Ah. I also am behind with responses. But, I DO have an excuse. Anyone who doesn't already recognize my insanity, you will now.

I reconnected with an old friend from high school a few weeks ago and we decided to get together. And now move in together. And we've decided to elope next month. So--- a bit of a world wind going on, but I'm so deliriously happy and just following it down any path it brings me. :-) He also got me the MOST BEAUTIFUL ENGAGEMENT RING IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD. My family can't decide if they want to be happy for me or disown me, but I just don't care. I also have been interviewing like crazy and am getting ready to turn in my two weeks and start a new job (YAY)

So, I'm hoping things are going well for everyone else.

Panorama_Change--- I'm so happy about your doggie!

Shoozy---- You are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things start getting better soon.

I will be sending out letters soon.

This is awesome (and crazy =P) but your old job didn't appreciate you and this is excellent! :neckbeard:

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Quick thanks to all the goons who sent me stickers over the holidays. My niece (5 years old) used all of them to make a card for her grandma (my mom). I completely forgot there was a garbage pail kid card in there, but Ruth Canal was proudly placed next to Justin Beiber on this "card". :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
So I've got a job now and almost done paying off what I need to which means I'll be able to start sending mail again very soon.

Also, Lamb, when I go to click on the list for addresses it says I don't have access to it and need a password.