Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Wow, a game 5 coming up, that was really drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So. I think we can cleanly say that Zac is far from a broken champ no?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think purple side is 4-0 today :pwn:

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
This must be so drat exhausting to the players.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Hypocrisy posted:

So. I think we can cleanly say that Zac is far from a broken champ no?

Zac was still very strong and a big part of Gambit's success that game. He's certainly not weak, at any rate.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

foutre posted:

The CS out of Fnatic is absurd. Basically what I'm learning from this is NA allstars are hosed.

Seriously. The thought of a team like TSM playing at this level is laughable.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is the wrestling equivalent of a Five-Star match. It was goddamn incredible, I don't have words for it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Both teams must be completely drained at this point. Game 5 is gonna be nuts.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Yeah, wow, that game was insane. Tons of aggression, and it's crazy how close the gold was for the entire game.

Genja getting caught in the second to last fight, giving up baron and dragon was pretty much the turning point in my opinion. That, and NRated winning the Gp/10 battle of supports really swung it - Janna had Zeke's/Locket/twin shadows to Lulu's one item (I think it was locket).

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Unrelated, but thanks to the twitch chat I just learned that Azubu is a German company. Huh.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Comrade Question posted:

Unrelated, but thanks to the twitch chat I just learned that Azubu is a German company. Huh.

It's run by a South Korean living in Germany, or something. It's kind of obfuscated.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

Comrade Question posted:

Azubu, the mysterious multi million dollar Esports company

Repost from a few pages back, Azubu is basically conjuring money out of thin air right now. Very obfuscated indeed. CEO is also some guy previously convicted of fraud.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Interesting, thanks for the link.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't understand in all of these games giving Zed blue buff. Every team has done it over and over. I really don't think it's ever worth giving it to a manaless character even for the CDR. Much better use on a mana'd jungler or AD Carry or anything. I never pick it up when I play a manaless guy. I guess they've done the math and figure it must be best used on those guys but it just seems like such a waste.

Kantom
Nov 22, 2010
Blue increases energy regeneration too (by 50% i think), and on Zed in particular that can add up to extra Q's or E's which both have very low cooldowns but cost a lot of energy.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It increases energy regen by like 0.5/sec, vs. like 25mp5 + 0.5% mana/sec for a mana user.

Kantom
Nov 22, 2010
It's 5 + 0.5% of max per second according to LoL wiki (which turns out to be 60% increased regen assuming no runes).

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Energy

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Well that makes sense then. The other League wiki article has it listed wrong.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Noooooo Gambit :(

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Gambit is going to lose, they are just losing every single fight by inches.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Bait Baron, do dragon. Mindgames :psyduck:

And yeah, despite that last teamfight, I think Gambit's lost this.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Genja just has no presence, I dont know what's going on, is he getting zoned every team fight?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Fnatic just passed 10k up, so they've got like a 95% chance of winning now.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Fnatic just looks fantastic

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Gambit is so hosed, everything they do is instantly countered and if they react to an engage they can only try and get out alive.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Libertine posted:

Fnatic just passed 10k up, so they've got like a 95% chance of winning now.

15K now. Gambit making a lot of mistakes and getting destroyed- but you can't really blame them, this series has lasted over 5 hours now.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I was hoping Gambit would win. They had their chances in the 4th game and blew it then though. I guess Fnatic deserve props for winning the regular season and then carrying the play-offs too.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

It doesn't seem like a good counter-pick exists for Zed. Or if there is one, neither of these teams have picked it. Both of them have had a ton of success with him. Maybe Kayle? Kind of strange Alex didn't play him once.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Libertine posted:

It doesn't seem like a good counter-pick exists for Zed. Or if there is one, neither of these teams have picked it. Both of them have had a ton of success with him.

Zed is at 500 CS, peke is insane.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
What a fantastic series. I can't believe I just spent 3 hours of my life watching this poo poo, but it was well worth it. Holy crap. If anyone hasn't had a chance to watch, if you're going to watch one game, watch Game 4.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

There was no point in that game where xPeke wasn't getting mad farm or tons of kills. He's just all over the place doing everything right, how do you end a game with 500 CS!?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Libertine posted:

It doesn't seem like a good counter-pick exists for Zed. Or if there is one, neither of these teams have picked it. Both of them have had a ton of success with him. Maybe Kayle? Kind of strange Alex didn't play him once.

I feel like they had it right the previous game, with Malphite (albeit vs. Kha'zix that game). But they went with too much engage/CC and not enough damage, with both Zac AND J4 as well. Just went overkill, and they struggled to kill people off by mid-to-late game as a result

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Can't seem to find the date or schedule for the all-star.

Anybody know anything?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Grogsy posted:

Can't seem to find the date or schedule for the all-star.

Anybody know anything?
It will take place between may 24-26, dunno about times and such, but I assume it will happen in the US

ggwp Fnatic

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

It's happening in China, but I can't find anything saying when

mid83
Oct 15, 2012
NA finals are best of 5 too? Geez this crap won't be over for hours

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Zanael posted:

It will take place between may 24-26, dunno about times and such, but I assume it will happen in the US

ggwp Fnatic

Thanks mate!

New to the whole e-sports scene but I can't believe how much I am enjoying myself. I get way to exited though :)

Gotta move to a more civilized place to be able to actually watch a game in a pub. Always wanted to do that but as a geek never got much into sports.

Anybody actually tried watching esports in a pub? Curious as to the experience :^)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Grogsy posted:

Thanks mate!

New to the whole e-sports scene but I can't believe how much I am enjoying myself. I get way to exited though :)

Gotta move to a more civilized place to be able to actually watch a game in a pub. Always wanted to do that but as a geek never got much into sports.

Anybody actually tried watching esports in a pub? Curious as to the experience :^)

Barcraft is (was?) a Thing for SC2, but I dunno whether that's extended to other e-sports.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Barcraft is (was?) a Thing for SC2, but I dunno whether that's extended to other e-sports.

I went to Barcraft in London two years ago, it was great fun. They had convinced the bar to set up a projector screen in one area of the bar and had organizers in charge of the event etc. I had a chat with the bartender about it and he told me he was really happy about the setup because it attracted a new demographic they didn't have otherwise, and nerds tend to be well behaved compared to football fans. Plus they eat and drink a lot so it was good money.

I hope the Esports scene really developes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
So it looks like the EU summer promos are in like a week - is anyone who knows about the EU scene more familiar with some of the coming up teams? I've heard of MYM, Alternate, and Anexis, but are any of the others actually big names/threats?

• Locked thread