Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I hate how the first thing I noticed about the picture is that the game UPLINK is on one of the monitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Roobanguy posted:

I hate how the first thing I noticed about the picture is that the game UPLINK is on one of the monitors.

Didn't see that, that's really clever.

I love literally unbelievable.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My favorite Onion articles are always the ones I identify with the most. 11 AM lunch crew represent. Man Says 'gently caress It,' Eats Lunch At 10:58 A.M.

This has been my office communicator's status message for months now: Guys With Boring Jobs Really Hitting It Off A Few Rows Back On Airplane

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Obama Orders Reinvasion Of Iraq After Illuminating Trip Through Bush Presidential Library

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Give it time.

Meanwhile, this showed up on the Facebook page today: I've Been Having Some Pretty hosed-Up Bread Thoughts Lately

Duck noooo! :stonk:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Study: Fame May Shorten Lifespan

Have there been any other American Voices that feature someone other than one of their regular photos?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Dr Christmas posted:

Have there been any other American Voices that feature someone other than one of their regular photos?

It happens on occasion, yeah. I think there was one with John Edwards.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Christmas posted:

Only their best one.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr Christmas posted:

One with a twelve-year-old girl wondering how many once-in-a-lifetime storms she's already lived through, but

is the best one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't even follow sports or anything but this is absolutely slaying me.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I was just reading this article titled "George W. Bush is smarter than you", and it reminded me of this Onion classic:

Bush Regales Dinner Guests With Impromptu Oratory On Virgil's Minor Works

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
Report: Come On, Carl, Pull It Together
Yes, Carl Mendel Of Dayton, Ohio, We Are Talking To You

:smith:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

DaveWoo posted:

So I was just reading this article titled "George W. Bush is smarter than you", and it reminded me of this Onion classic:

Bush Regales Dinner Guests With Impromptu Oratory On Virgil's Minor Works

Bush Finds Error In Fermilab Calculations -

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bush-finds-error-in-fermilab-calculations,1463/

I don't know if this was a whole series or if they just did those two but they're fantastic.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Supreme Allah posted:

I don't know if this was a whole series or if they just did those two but they're fantastic.
This was a pretty amazing series of articles (from right after Obama was elected until his inauguration)
Bush Tumbles Wildly Down Washington Monument Staircase
Crocodile Bites Off Bush's Arm
Bush Passes Three-Pound Kidney Stone
Bush's Eyelid Accidentally Nailed To Wall
Bush Dragged Behind Presidential Motorcade For 26 Blocks
Single-Engine Cessna Crashes Into Bush
Spider Eggs Hatch In Bush's Brain
and finally...
Bush Dies Peacefully In His Sleep

That one may have the best final line they've ever done.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

First time I've seen a spelling error from The Onion.

quote:

and then penetraed the wall of the White House Blue Room

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Athlete Arrested

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

At some point The Onion added a police blotter.

quote:

Feb. 18—After a brief foot chase, police lost track of the suspect in a West Side home burglary, but since they were on that side of town anyway, figured they might as well shoot the rooster everyone over there keeps complaining about.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

ultrafilter posted:

At some point The Onion added a police blotter.

quote:

Oct. 26—Police spent 40 minutes speeding in circles around Centerville Junior High with their sirens blaring after receiving a call from a seventh-grade science teacher struggling to explain the Doppler effect to students.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

All on Black posted:

"Swiftboat". Obvious, and yet somehow brilliant.

I thought the exact same thing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Another good one from the Facebook page:

quote:

‘Now, I'm Not Homophobic,’ Begins Soon-To-Be-Suspended Sports Analyst

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

http://www.theonion.com/articles/74-normal-photos-and-2-kinda-weird-ones,32244/

This one is fun just because of how literal the name/content is.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

And of course, #21.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Gigli Focus Groups Demand New Ending In Which Both Affleck And Lopez Die

Ten years later, it's still funny.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Dzhokar Tsarnaev Finally Moves Off Campus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm not sure why, but "Hammer party" made me absolutely lose it.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Oh my God. Thank you so much for sharing this.

The phrase "hammer party" is just too loving much. This might actually be my new favorite Onion piece.

fake edit: I love all of The Onion's sports stuff, but Dolphins WR Mike Wallace Comes Out As Stupid rear end in a top hat especially hit the mark.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Unless that term's older, sounds like someone was a Big Black fan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hammer_Party

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is old as poo poo but it's my all time favorite quick onion headline:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/first-place-cops-looked-was-inside-atat,8724/

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Simple headline: Bangladesh Garment Factory Hiring

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
'Help Has To Be On The Way Now,' Thinks Syrian Man Currently Being Gassed

As usual the last line is incredible.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Secretary Of Interior Takes Presidential Oath Of Office
'I Still Can't Believe The President, Vice President, Speaker Of The House, President Pro Tem, Sec. Of State, Sec. Of The Treasury, Sec. Of Defense, And Attorney General Were All In That Hot-Air Balloon,' Says New President Sally Jewell

This has got to be the most I've chuckled like a lunatic at an Onion article in, like, a year. God, I love this one.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Article About One World Trade Center Building Includes Paragraph Explaining 9/11

I thought about this the other day while reading the newspaper about the Boston Marathon bombings. Every article about it included a rundown of what happened. As if our attention span is so short that we forget the major event that relates to the article we're reading.

The smartest thing The Onion does is not have user-submitted comments on their articles.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This just showed up in my facebook feed:

SPONSORED: Today’s Ku Klux Klan: Back On Top And Ready For The Future

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
:nws: Slideshow: 10 Giant Cocks :nws:

It's exactly what the name implies. I love how they gently caress with your expectation that they'll gently caress with your expectations.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
The captions are pretty great

quote:

Just to clarify, the rest of the slideshow will be like this. You’re definitely going to get six more images of tremendously big, veiny penises here. The next photo is going to be a giant cock, followed by another huge dick, and then another, and so forth.

No, we’re not going to throw in a photo of something that isn’t a giant cock in order to be clever or misleading. You are, honest to God, getting nothing but really big cocks here. That’s it.

Well, there you go. You just clicked through a slideshow of giant cocks. That’s where your life is at right now. Enjoy your day.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I was really hoping they'd work Alan Alda in somehow.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Haha, yes, I love that they're still sticking it to The Atlantic and their stupid "sponsored link" policy.

ultrafilter posted:

I was really hoping they'd work Alan Alda in somehow.

But then they'd have to change the name of the slideshow to "9 Giant Cocks and Alan Alda". Just wouldn't be the same.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm feelin' pretty good about my dick right now. :smug:

For content: UMass Dartmouth Beginning To Regret Offering Course In Applied Domestic Terrorism

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
Obama Explains How They Get All Those Cars on the Back of One of Those Trucks

For some reason the picture cracks me up. And the last line is, as usual, golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pkticker posted:

Obama Explains How They Get All Those Cars on the Back of One of Those Trucks

For some reason the picture cracks me up. And the last line is, as usual, golden.

Totally read that in Obamas voice too. Best speech yet.