Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Illegibly Eligible posted:

Check out this guy paying for poo poo movies.

I don't sneak - I put gin & mixer fixings on my coffee table, hook up my HD projector, and stream movies for free over the internet while snacking on homemade surf 'n turf. That said I don't get the whole theater experience of people obscuring my vision, not turning off their cell phones, not being able to pause things if I have to pee, sticky floors, uncomfortable seating... I may be missing out on a critical aspect of what makes going out to the movies such an appealing endeavor as I haven't gone in like 5 years.

I've always found that it's the shared social experience that I like about seeing a movie in the theaters. I'm not sure how to describe it, but there's a certain feel to experiencing a good movie with a packed theater that's just fun.

That and it gives me an excuse to buy Snow Caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Illegibly Eligible posted:

No. Jujubes are the devil's version of Dots.

No, the all-black Dots are worse.

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Breaking: Goon doesn't "get" social events, stays home

Hey, staying in is the new going out. I once saw this printed in a newspaper, so it's clearly true.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

General Panic posted:

Hey, staying in is the new going out. I once saw this printed in a newspaper, so it's clearly true.

Haha, look at this idiot. Things are only true if they're on the internet, goes double for if it's on wikipedia. Everybody knows that.

leethasbro
Apr 11, 2005

Rat Enthusiast

Aubergine Mage posted:

No, the all-black Dots are worse.

Haha "Crows" which I always felt was a vaguely racist candy.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly, where do red laces fit on the candy spectrum? I always thought its thinner shape and tougher consistency made for a more-pleasing cadny experience.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Butterscotch is good.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

paragon1 posted:

Scotch is good.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Butter is good.

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJncWndUB8

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

These are also true statements, though I didn't say them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Any candy that's not chocolate is a waste of time :colbert:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My sister's dog really didn't want to go for a walk yesterday

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

This is me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3SmvE-8Afs

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
Watched the nickelodeon Winx movie with my daughter today. They should call it the stuck up vapid fairy movie. Then we went to McDonalds and got a stuck up vapid fairy toy.

The not so subtle way they groom girls in these shows is frightening to me.

My boy is so much easier. They don't bother with setting any sort of life lessons on boy poo poo.

Just guns are cool. poo poo blowing up is cool. Robots...cool. Also, swords are cool.

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me
It's hard for me to explain quite why DEVO always clicked well with me, but somewhere around 2004-ish I started to become a massive fanboy, after discovering the amazing effect that playing DEVO tracks had on improving my online FPS gameplay performance. To me they're a band that was far ahead of their time - quite literally in the sense that a lot of their music acts as a performance enhancer for FPS games. If you play online FPS games, try playing some of their tracks during your run (particularly the entirety of 'duty now for the future') and you might see what I mean.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

schwenz posted:

Watched the nickelodeon Winx movie with my daughter today. They should call it the stuck up vapid fairy movie. Then we went to McDonalds and got a stuck up vapid fairy toy.

The not so subtle way they groom girls in these shows is frightening to me.

My boy is so much easier. They don't bother with setting any sort of life lessons on boy poo poo.

Just guns are cool. poo poo blowing up is cool. Robots...cool. Also, swords are cool.

I agree with the first part but think you missed the implications of the second because I know of a thing with lots of guns and blowing poo poo up and robots that really exists and kids die serving there most every day.

They even have swords but that's only for dress-up.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

syscall girl posted:

I agree with the first part but think you missed the implications of the second because I know of a thing with lots of guns and blowing poo poo up and robots that really exists and kids die serving there most every day.

They even have swords but that's only for dress-up.

That's usually easier to deal with later when my boy realizes the whole, you have a good chance of dying, aspect to it.

http://imgur.com/QTyCVGf
Everyone cozy up and enjoy my fire with me.

schwenz has a new favorite as of 04:13 on May 6, 2013

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Here is a picture to enjoy. I cannot exactly figure out which forum or thread it would go in, so I gift it to anyone who may be perusing this one. It is an emblem in heraldry called the Biscione. It shows a giant serpent eating a child. Its meaning and origins are mysterious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscione

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
So, turns out I have strep throat, a sinus infection, and mono. Naturally, I thought of Firesign Theater:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3zZ_ih0Jpc

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

OmniDesol posted:

So, turns out I have strep throat, a sinus infection, and mono. Naturally, I thought of Firesign Theater:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3zZ_ih0Jpc

Listen to Lil B - Chasing the Rain

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

The meaning of the Biscione is that children are delicious to every animal.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Bash Ironfist posted:

The meaning of the Biscione is that children are delicious to every animal.

Prove it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tbp posted:

Prove it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I disagree.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Well, I'm convinced.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Animals vs. children

It's amusing that you have a dossier of these pictures just lying around.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Sisyphusthehedgehog.gif

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

What did you google to find those? 'Kids being eaten'? Pretty weird search to make.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stargate posted:

What did you google to find those?

"How is babby unmade"

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

tbp posted:

I disagree.

I agree, you're very disagreeable.

I saw the dog I wanted to adopt the other day and he's frickin' huge! Might be a bit too big for the place I want to move into. :/

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

How big is the dog and how small is the place? Breed/temperament matters too. Hubs and I had an old lab girl in our previous apartment before she passed, so that was an 80 pound dog in a 1000 square foot apartment. That said, all she wanted to do was sleep and fart, so she didn't exactly care about having space to "run" (meander a few steps before plopping down to sleep again).

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
None of those animals wore crowns.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

bunnybean posted:

How big is the dog and how small is the place? Breed/temperament matters too. Hubs and I had an old lab girl in our previous apartment before she passed, so that was an 80 pound dog in a 1000 square foot apartment. That said, all she wanted to do was sleep and fart, so she didn't exactly care about having space to "run" (meander a few steps before plopping down to sleep again).

He's a boxer mix, so high-energy is expected, and everything about his adoption advert basically screams 'I will play with you until you fall apart and then play fetch with the scattered pieces of your soul'. I can also only assume he was mixed with an elephant since his shoulders were not far below my waist(I'm 6ft2in).

The problem is that I work all day, and while I could probably come home at lunch time each day, the actual house is fairly small. I don't have an exact square footage, but it's small enough that I'm thinking with a dog that size I just wouldn't have enough space for him, despite having a fairly kickass enclosed rear garden. I'm also really into the idea of dog training and wanting to work with the dog to Do Cool Things, but I think he'd just be too big for my situation even if I felt I could handle his energy requirements, which I am now not sure about after seeing his size.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

cheerfullydrab posted:

None of those animals wore crowns.

You don't know that, you can't see their teeth.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

Eggplant Wizard posted:

You don't know that, you can't see their teeth.

The T-Rex certainly isn't!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trauma Tank posted:

The T-Rex certainly isn't!

It's a T-Rex. The royalty is apparent, the crown is implied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's a T-Rex. The royalty is apparent, the crown is implied.

I should have thought of that. Objection retracted.

• Locked thread