Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gatts posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PmUemZywgg

This trailer. With the puns. The glorious puns.

I bet anyone :10bux: Meltzer has never heard of this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
So food puns, got it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NienNunb posted:

I bet anyone :10bux: Meltzer has never heard of this series.

Eh, he has young kids, the chances are higher than with a lot of stuff.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Thauros posted:

Eh, he has young kids, the chances are higher than with a lot of stuff.

But WrestleBubble™.

Does that movie involve any wrestlers?

Then he's not heard of it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Meltzer is too busy melting cheeses and then gobbling down on them to concern himself with cartoon films.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

LightsGameraAction posted:

Currently watching Wrestlemania IV for the first time. This is bizarrely terrible. Like, the matches aren't bad except for being too short, but all the finishes are garbage. They accidentally ring the bell that Hercules pinned Ultimate Warrior even though he kicked out and the ref corrects it by awarding the match to Warrior? WTF?

Nah, the Warrior/Hercules finish is one of the oldest in wrestling (examples off the top if my head: it's how Pedro Morales beat Ivan Koloff for the WWF Title, how Stan Stasiak then beat Pedro for the WWF Title, and how Lex Luger won the US Title from Barry Windham). One guy hits a pinning move (usually a Back Suplex) on his opponent, yet both men's shoulders on the mat. The ref begins the count, and just before three, one guy gets his shoulder up (it's usually the one who takes the move for dramatic effect), and is declared the winner, since his opponent's shoulders were down for the full three.

Of course, it's never mentioned what would happen if the ref counts three and both men's shoulders are on the mat. Would it be a draw?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Davros1 posted:

Of course, it's never mentioned what would happen if the ref counts three and both men's shoulders are on the mat. Would it be a draw?

Yep. I'm pretty sure it's happened before (HBK/British Bulldog perhaps?) and it's a draw with champ retaining or a restart if the ref or authority figure wants a definitive finish.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It happened last year with John Cena and CM Punk. CM Punk retained and they scheduled a rematch.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

But WrestleBubble™.

Does that movie involve any wrestlers?

Then he's not heard of it.

The first featured Mr. T, who was a contestant at the inaugural Wrestlemania. :colbert:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
John Cena and Ryback in a Last Man Standing match is not something I want to see.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yep. I'm pretty sure it's happened before (HBK/British Bulldog perhaps?) and it's a draw with champ retaining or a restart if the ref or authority figure wants a definitive finish.

It was HBK/Bulldog. There it was two refs both counting three, the original ref coming awake outside the ring after a bump, and the replacement ref inside the ring. It was considered a draw, and a rematch was scheduled for the next PPV.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Karmine posted:

John Cena and Ryback in a Last Man Standing match is not something I want to see.

At least it isn't an I Quit Match.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Skinty McEdger posted:

He felt that he could be as big a star as John Cena, but wasn't being given the opportunity to do so.

Really? I seem to remember people complaining to him on Twitter about how he was booked to lose to Hornswoggle a billion times and he got all "stupid marks don't understand the business" about it. Hilarious if he then turned around and quit because he wasn't getting a main event push.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Karmine posted:

It'll give Ryback a chance to lay down and catch his breath every few minutes, so at least it could have some cool spots and a strong finish if they feel like coming up with some.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Perry Normal posted:

Really? I seem to remember people complaining to him on Twitter about how he was booked to lose to Hornswoggle a billion times and he got all "stupid marks don't understand the business" about it. Hilarious if he then turned around and quit because he wasn't getting a main event push.

What I heard is he just didn't agree with WWE's creative direction and decided to go elsewhere. If it was because he wasn't getting a main event push then I just have to laugh at that one.

Dr Blah PhD
Aug 11, 2007
Property of tithin
At any given point, did jeff hardy merchandise outsell cena merch? (tee shirts, toys, dvds, anything at live events too)

I'm curious because it seems absolutely true, and if true, I wonder how bad wwe took a loss from when he left.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dr Blah PhD posted:

I wonder how bad wwe took a loss from when he left.

I can't answer that particular aspect, but shortly after he left, Punk (who kayfabe ran him out of WWE :smug:) did a really neat anti-promotion of the Jeff Hardy DVD that was just coming out that probably helped sell a large number of copies. So Jeff certainly sold enough in merchandise that WWE was willing to have one of their top guys do an angle promoting it on their show even though Jeff had already left.

That said, if I remember right Jeff left on pretty okay terms with WWE and didn't go to TNA for some months so it's probably not as big a mindfuck as WWE promoting Foley's book which was all about nothing BUT putting together an angle in TNA.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It would be interesting if Jeff just never came back to WWE for whatever reasons, because if they talked about it at all, it'd make Punk look amazing for running him off.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I remember Meltzer making a big deal about Jeff Hardy being the #1 Google search among sport stars or something at that time.

cool-haired luke
May 13, 2012

by T. Finninho

Karmine posted:

why not? both have proven to be entertaining in gimmick matches and if cena can have good-to-great gimmick matches with the likes of khali and jbl then he and ryback shouldnt have an issue.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Will it be contested under Ryback rules?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If Ryback and Raven wrestled, which rules would win?

Gar
May 13, 2005
I got the Playstation but I still play the Sega

cool-haired luke posted:

why not? both have proven to be entertaining in gimmick matches and if cena can have good-to-great gimmick matches with the likes of khali and jbl then he and ryback shouldnt have an issue.
l

JBL and Khali are not comparable.

And when did Cena (or anyone) get a good to great match from Khali?

I just hate that WWE doesn't seem to have any "feud-ending" gimmick matches left. When the first match between people is Last Man Standing or Hell in a Cell, what are you building to? It's so backwards to think, "you knocked me out so I couldn't get up for 10 seconds, BUT you never pinned me for 3 seconds - REMATCH!!!"

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

oldpainless posted:

If Ryback and Raven wrestled, which rules would win?

I imagine it's like, oh "the irresistible force meeting the immovable object".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

cool-haired luke posted:

For me, I'm not excited for it because I hate that gimmick. LMS matches usually suck because they stretch my suspension of disbelief even for touchy-man wrestling. They're fighting over what amounts to a countout, they're full of no-selling because someone has to do the 9-count tease after every finisher, and the only part that ever matters is the very end. Sometimes you see a creative finish like Del Rio toppling the announce table onto Big Show, but usually it's more like Big Move -> Both knocked out -> One guy answers the count right at 10 then falls down.

Granted, this has the potential to use some psychology where Cena can't physically stand to answer a 10 count, but I'd be really surprised if they booked the whole match that way, much less Cena losing the title because of it.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Quasipox posted:

I imagine it's like, oh "the irresistible force meeting the immovable object".

Which of those two things would be considered Ravens huge dick

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gar posted:

l

JBL and Khali are not comparable.

And when did Cena (or anyone) get a good to great match from Khali?

I just hate that WWE doesn't seem to have any "feud-ending" gimmick matches left. When the first match between people is Last Man Standing or Hell in a Cell, what are you building to? It's so backwards to think, "you knocked me out so I couldn't get up for 10 seconds, BUT you never pinned me for 3 seconds - REMATCH!!!"

Triple H pulled a miraculously decent match out of Khali at SummerSlam one year. I think it was during Triple H's last run as WWE Champ, so 08-09ish.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Gatts posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PmUemZywgg

This trailer. With the puns. The glorious puns.

Leek the vegetable is spelled "leek" dummy

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Who has the best wristlock in the biz?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm just really loving thankful that Cena/Ryback isn't an I quit match. Never again please.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm just really loving thankful that Cena/Ryback isn't an I quit match. Never again please.

Give it time, they probably have at least 5 more matches to get through.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

getitoffgetitoff posted:

My instinct is to say Regal.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Chuck Taylor and his jumping wristlock (I don't even know if he's done this more than once, I just recall him doing it one time and it was hilarious. It's a regular wristlock that he applied while jumping up and down like a bratty child).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cromulent posted:

Chuck Taylor and his jumping wristlock (I don't even know if he's done this more than once, I just recall him doing it one time and it was hilarious. It's a regular wristlock that he applied while jumping up and down like a bratty child).

Chuck Taylor is the best. Listen to him on the Art of Wrestling, dude rules.

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012
Where can I find full roster listings and drafts for Raw and SmackDown? I'd like to check out how the brand split looked like year by year.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Nah, the Warrior/Hercules finish is one of the oldest in wrestling (examples off the top if my head: it's how Pedro Morales beat Ivan Koloff for the WWF Title, how Stan Stasiak then beat Pedro for the WWF Title, and how Lex Luger won the US Title from Barry Windham). One guy hits a pinning move (usually a Back Suplex) on his opponent, yet both men's shoulders on the mat. The ref begins the count, and just before three, one guy gets his shoulder up (it's usually the one who takes the move for dramatic effect), and is declared the winner, since his opponent's shoulders were down for the full three.

I had no idea that was actually a thing. That's pretty interesting.

sticklefifer posted:

For me, I'm not excited for it because I hate that gimmick. LMS matches usually suck because they stretch my suspension of disbelief even for touchy-man wrestling. They're fighting over what amounts to a countout, they're full of no-selling because someone has to do the 9-count tease after every finisher, and the only part that ever matters is the very end. Sometimes you see a creative finish like Del Rio toppling the announce table onto Big Show, but usually it's more like Big Move -> Both knocked out -> One guy answers the count right at 10 then falls down.

Granted, this has the potential to use some psychology where Cena can't physically stand to answer a 10 count, but I'd be really surprised if they booked the whole match that way, much less Cena losing the title because of it.

Cena's done a fair share of LMS matches and they've mostly been terrible but had entertaining finishes. He lost one to Edge when Big Show chokeslammed him into a spotlight and won the one against Batista where he duct taped Batista's feet to the turnbuckle. The one lovely finish was the LMS against Del Rio where Awesome Truth interfered.

The problem with Cena in a LMS match is selling. He's either not selling going down for the ten count at all, or laying there totally dead til 9 and hopping up to his feet again at the last second acting like nothing happened.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The Last Man Standing match Cena had with Umaga is probably the best match has had. It was really good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MrBling posted:

The Last Man Standing match Cena had with Umaga is probably the best match has had. It was really good.

The Edge match was also really good, and the Batista match was pretty good too.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rad R. posted:

Where can I find full roster listings and drafts for Raw and SmackDown? I'd like to check out how the brand split looked like year by year.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wwe+draft+history+results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
If Cena/the Ryback just redo Cena/Umaga nearly exactly, I'll be the happiest boy in the land.