Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie

Nerobro posted:

I sold my 1979 GS425. Made some money on it too. I listed my WR250 for sale as well.

1 down, 7? more to go :P

I have the Shadow up for sale and it's looking good it will get sold today. If I can find the time I'm also planning to do a steering bearing adjustment to the v-max.

:edit:
Shadow sold... so long first bike, I hope you and your new owner are kind to each other :(

Halo_4am fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
Down to six. My workspace is full of GS650 right now, so I can't work on the Peugeot. Which is next on the block.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yesterday - got new PR3s mounted and put the wheels back on the bike. The open-sided pulley and tapered axle make it a breeze to reconnect the belt and align the wheel. It's sort of a dance to get the front wheel on around the ZTL caliper.

Nothing is allowed to break between now and the end of June (watch, I'll pop a belt).

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Nerobro posted:

Down to six. My workspace is full of GS650 right now, so I can't work on the Peugeot. Which is next on the block.
Sell all that poo poo and get that GTS 1000. For serious.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Sell all that poo poo and get that GTS 1000. For serious.

Working on it. Seriously.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

KLR Six Fiddy!

Sold!

:smith:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Nerobro posted:

Working on it. Seriously.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/3783297523.html

Do it

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

That front swingarm is pretty :psyduck: but in a cool way. The front headlight however, is ugly as sin. Dual headlights like the FZR had would be way better.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I saw one of those loving things cruising around town yesterday, dude (wearing sandals and shorts) gave me the wave. I remembered Yamaha made something like that once upon a time, but completely forgot what it was.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I would love to have a dayglow yellow one with some black/yellow hazard checkerboard stripes and put my EMS bag on it and ride around saving people or something. I don't know. It just has that look, like something out of Bubblegum Crisis or something (why do I know about Bubblegum Crisis? :psyduck:)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You want this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

slidebite posted:

You want this

:cripes:Final Drive joke goes here:cripes:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

slidebite posted:

You want this

I've had the opportunity to briefly ride one of these and they are exactly what the appearance makes you think it'll be like. Quicker than I expected though.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Oh look, I unpacked my suspension parts.

As for the GTS1000, I need it in blue. Oh look... http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3680822551.html And that ad has been running for four months.

And while we're at it.

Goodbye GS425.

Nerobro fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 10, 2013

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slavvy posted:

I've had the opportunity to briefly ride one of these and they are exactly what the appearance makes you think it'll be like.

:krad: loving awesome??!! :krad:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

slidebite posted:

:krad: loving awesome??!! :krad:

Yes, in the most ///VISION OF THE FUTURE/// way you can imagine. Also just a baffling number of little compartments and things but that may be because I've never ridden a touring bike ever.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
I keep debating back and forth wether I want to buy a para lever for my K75. They look awesome, and suppose to combat the rise under acceleration you get from the stock telelever setup.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Might have a non-horrible solution to my tank flexing problem. Totally spaced that I work next to a company that makes gaskets and sells other sealing products. Made quick friends with a dude over there and he gave my a couple scraps of Dupont Viton in 1/16" and 1/8". Chose the 1/8" and backed both sides with gas resistant sealant. Rode to work fine, but I'll start using Stabil or whatever helps neutralize ethanol. Aprilia North America is pretty

Also installed tank pins so when my fix fails I can gaze in despair at my failure a bit quicker.

Whatever, gently caress it. It's just really nice to ride again.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Pokey Araya posted:

I keep debating back and forth wether I want to buy a para lever for my K75. They look awesome, and suppose to combat the rise under acceleration you get from the stock telelever setup.

Don't the K75s run a monolever, stock? Are they even interchangeable with the telelever? Looks like figuring out the shock mounting location might be a considerable challenge.

The Telelever is the R model's front-end setup, I know that. You'd probably have to do some creative reengineering to get that to work.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
I don't know why I post if I hadn't had any coffee. Yes the K75 came with a monolever rear, I confused the term with telelever. Converting them isn't that bad, the only thing holding me back is the final drive is like $500 used, and I haven't priced out the transmission, but it's one of those things that I don't think I could make back when I sell the bike.

Frankenduck is the K bike guru, I think he owns 6 or 7 right now, and he's always buying and selling them. Here's his take on the conversion.

http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=2866.0

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Monolever and paralever are rear suspensions, monolever is older. Telelever and duolever are front suspensions.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Monolever paralever Telelever duolever

Well, I'm glad they didn't make that confusing. Superior German terminology

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I spent 3 hours at the DMV fixing some dumb thing where my title was issued with "not actual mileage" under the odometer reading (it was, in fact, the actual mileage). New title should be here in 2 weeks...

Also took off the passenger pegs, because it makes the bike look cleaner I'm a lone wolf, baby

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Mcqueen posted:

Might have a non-horrible solution to my tank flexing problem. Totally spaced that I work next to a company that makes gaskets and sells other sealing products. Made quick friends with a dude over there and he gave my a couple scraps of Dupont Viton in 1/16" and 1/8". Chose the 1/8" and backed both sides with gas resistant sealant. Rode to work fine, but I'll start using Stabil or whatever helps neutralize ethanol. Aprilia North America is pretty

I have never seen grey viton material. Brown, black, even yellow-ish.. but never grey. Learn something new everyday I guess.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

slidebite posted:

I have never seen grey viton material. Brown, black, even yellow-ish.. but never grey. Learn something new everyday I guess.

I was told it was a custom order from the local Mas/Ferrari dealership downtown.

Reinstalled bar ends, washed bike and oiled chain, was going to take pictures of clean bike but decided to ride it for 4 hours instead.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

I started, and rode, every motorcycle in my garage that's capable of being started. So.. four.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Nerobro posted:

I started, and rode, every motorcycle in my garage that's capable of being started. So.. four.

Out of how many total?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Mcqueen posted:

Also installed tank pins so when my fix fails I can gaze in despair at my failure a bit quicker.

Whatever, gently caress it. It's just really nice to ride again.

Around here we are lucky enough to have a nice Tire Factory that happens to sell non ethanol premium fuel along side e85 and boat fuel. A nice place, really.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Is all fuel over there 10% ethanol?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yes

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

SaNChEzZ posted:

Out of how many total?

Six. The moped and my 5/650 didn't move under their own power. .. The moped is going to get worked on this week. It's hipster season, and I can get top dollar for it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Nerobro posted:

holy poo poo... I've parted out like 3 bikes recently and you're still doing 3x better than me :(

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Nerobro posted:

Six. The moped and my 5/650 didn't move under their own power. .. The moped is going to get worked on this week. It's hipster season, and I can get top dollar for it.

Oh poo poo, hipster season? Do you need to get a permit for that? What kind of round would you suggest to down a hipster in one shot without damaging the hide?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Oh poo poo, hipster season? Do you need to get a permit for that? What kind of round would you suggest to down a hipster in one shot without damaging the hide?

They have these ones out of this unlabeled basement shop in Queens that work marvelously but honestly you've probably never heard of them

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ride the moped to a coffee shop and start typing on a manual typewriter while wearing a scarf in Phoenix on the summer and see for yourself how many sheepskin condoms get offered to you.

Enough to buy a vinyl of Neural Milk Hotel, I'll tell you that much.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Neural Milk Hotel

:rolleyes:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Swype autocorrect is anti-hipster/Switzerland

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I got the R6 running right, after cleaning and adjusting the float heights on the carbs for the forth time, I traced the problem to two bad ignition coils. I was not able to rule out the possibility that I'm an idiot.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Zool posted:

I got the R6 running right, after cleaning and adjusting the float heights on the carbs for the forth time, I traced the problem to two bad ignition coils. I was not able to rule out the possibility that I'm an idiot.

2 bad coils would total all the coils on my bike.

How many ignition coils does the R6 have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Tamir Lenk posted:

2 bad coils would total all the coils on my bike.

How many ignition coils does the R6 have?