Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't wait for the next episode both because it will stop this kinda played out discussion, and I don't think I would be lying if I said this coming episode is the one I have looked forward to the most. :unsmigghh:

e: Nevermind, even a little hint is too big of a spoiler.

Personal_Nirvana fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I figured even half the post that was originally there was too spoilery, so instead I just said "SO HYPED" in longer words. :v:

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I figured even half the post that was originally there was too spoilery, so instead I just said "SO HYPED" in longer words. :v:

Going laugh if they pace the Anime in such a way as to not get to the events we think they will in Episode 7.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

MadHat posted:

Going laugh if they pace the Anime in such a way as to not get to the events we think they will in Episode 7.

This is the Endless Eight of Shounen Anime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Suddenly, Foxy appears and challenges Armin to a boxing match.

Armin has a mental breakdown and curls into a gibbering fetal position mess.

Foxy wins!! He takes the upper half of that guy people spent a page and a half discussing as his new crew member!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Rei_ posted:

This is the Endless Eight of Shounen Anime.

It'll never happen. I don't think any studio has to gall to even think of doing it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
In every episode the titan that eats Eren has a differently styled beard

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AnonSpore posted:

Also a few scenes of the talking/non-action moments are beautifully redrawn from a different angle.

The badges also change per episode.

(I loved Endless Eight :colbert: )

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also a few scenes of the talking/non-action moments are beautifully redrawn from a different angle.

The badges also change per episode.

(I loved Endless Eight :colbert: )

Endless Eight was an amazing look into how to just, loving break the hardcore fans of an anime. It was beautiful, I loved every minute of it.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnonSpore posted:

What would be the equivalent of "Kyon-kun, denwa"?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

JosephWongKS posted:

"CHOMP!"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Rei_ posted:

Endless Eight was an amazing look into how to just, loving break the hardcore fans of an anime. It was beautiful, I loved every minute of it.

I loved the last episode of Endless Eight so much that I watched it eight times.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

JosephWongKS posted:

"Armin! Oi! ARMIN! OI!"

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

No no wait I got it.

Eight episodes.

Eight backstories.

Mikasa is one so we just need seven more characters to suddenly have an episode devoted to their backstory.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

of bees posted:

No no wait I got it.

Eight episodes.

Eight backstories.

Mikasa is one so we just need seven more characters to suddenly have an episode devoted to their backstory.

Even better: Do a backstory on each of the top 10.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Even better: Do a backstory on each of the top 10.

The only problem with that is that Armin isn't in the top 10, and you know he'd get an episode.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

of bees posted:

The only problem with that is that Armin isn't in the top 10, and you know he'd get an episode.

Then even better: backstory on the top 10 and all the major characters. That's got to beat least 12 episodes right?

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Then even better: backstory on the top 10 and all the major characters. That's got to beat least 12 episodes right?

That's only 11, but we can make it 12 if we give Hannes' backstory.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
What about the kid that was Eren's rival for a while that didn't make it to the top 10?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

What about the kid that was Eren's rival for a while that didn't make it to the top 10?
Jean? He placed 6th overall, so he's in the top 10.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Jean? He placed 6th overall, so he's in the top 10.

Oh. I for some reason I thought he wasn't. Never mind then.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ViggyNash posted:

Oh. I for some reason I thought he wasn't. Never mind then.

He's literally JUST behind Eren. he's basically like his Demandred. Only not, y'know, evil.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Who?

e: This is sort of unrelated, but I just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPwjln6yvRc

Despite being and IGN video, most of the comments are of people recognizing that it came from Attack on Titan. I was expecting the classic bandwagon stupidity.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 17, 2013

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Demandred

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There are only like 2 trainees outside the top 10 that matter.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Who?

e: This is sort of unrelated, but I just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPwjln6yvRc

Despite being and IGN video, most of the comments are of people recognizing that it came from Attack on Titan. I was expecting the classic bandwagon stupidity.

Yeah, i knew SnK was big, but i didn't knew the following was THIS big in Japan.

Also this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3sBQWDsJk (slightly NSFW due to naked buttshot.)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ViggyNash posted:

What the gently caress's the point of censoring the word and still having the annotations spell it out, uncensored?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shinjobi posted:

I really love how the show is sparing no expense at showing you just how much Eren hates the Titans. I honestly expected the anime to downplay it a little bit, but if anything it's playing it up. When your sole desire in life revolves around the genocide of a species, it's pretty damned impressive that you manage to inspire your friends to join your cause. He's like a Captain Ahab that everyone agrees with, and it's lovely. :allears:

I find this hilarious in hindsight, considering how Eren's leg was bitten off before he was swallowed whole.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Also this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3sBQWDsJk (slightly NSFW due to naked buttshot.)

I think I just watched SnK the musical :stonk:.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Took long enough for this to show up.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Took long enough for this to show up.

Um...could someone explain this?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Probably a Mikasa "joke" considering the episodes so far

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
It's Mina in place of Mami from Madoka Magica and the famous scene from ep 3.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
NSFWish shot of Armin's voice actor. Any ideas why they made this choice? Do the characters still have growing to do or something?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

darkgray posted:

NSFWish shot of Armin's voice actor. Any ideas why they made this choice? Do the characters still have growing to do or something?

It's pretty common to have younger guys voiced by women VAs, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JosephWongKS posted:

I find this hilarious in hindsight, considering how Eren's leg was bitten off before he was swallowed whole.

From hell’s stomach I stab at thee.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's pretty common to have younger guys voiced by women VAs, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Luffy from One Piece is voiced by a woman, for example.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Marina does a good boy voice so I find nothing wrong with it.

Edit:
Why did you even pick that picture. The image doesn't have anything to do with the anime and it's not hard to find a less provocative picture of her.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 17, 2013

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's basically puberty insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Zettace posted:

Marina does a good boy voice so I find nothing wrong with it.

Edit:
Why did you even pick that picture. The image doesn't have anything to do with the anime and it's not hard to find a less provocative picture of her.

Yeah, and make sure the next picture you post doesn't have her ankles showing or something, you degenerate!

• Locked thread