Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
A kid I work with posted a link to his most recent blog post on Facebook. If any of you want to read the short sighted opinions of a 20 year old WoW addict conservative here it is. I wish I could choke the stupid out of this kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

NeurosisHead posted:

A kid I work with posted a link to his most recent blog post on Facebook. If any of you want to read the short sighted opinions of a 20 year old WoW addict conservative here it is. I wish I could choke the stupid out of this kid.

Most of it looks like lovely poetry, really.

quote:

Under the Desk
You stroke it gently and regularly
Make sure to feel it's vibrations
If there isn't immediate response
You fear the moment will be lost
Your passion and desire mount
With each passing moment
The thril of hiding, deceiving
Concealing your activities
That would never be appropriate
For this type of venue, but
You can't stop and you have no will
To interrupt what could be explosive
You can't go a minute without it even
Because this is your one vice
And right as it seemed like you were
Successful in your hidden behaviour
And you've almost completed your task
You here her say

"Put that away or it's mine"

Oh the buzzkill, as the screen goes limp

When I clicked that link I was expecting rambling essays comparing Democrats and Republicans to the Alliance and the Horde.
I am very disappointed. :colbert:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I think this is really funny, coming from the guy who only uses fluoride-free toothpaste because "Poison is poison, even in small doses!"

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

dijon du jour posted:

Most of it looks like lovely poetry, really.

When I clicked that link I was expecting rambling essays comparing Democrats and Republicans to the Alliance and the Horde.
I am very disappointed. :colbert:

He won't shut the gently caress up about WoW at work, but if his blog doesn't have much of it more power to him. He's got plenty of little things he's written that are sufficiently Rush Limbaugh/Glen Beck enough though.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

"The Comical Conservative" page has a Ronald Reagan avatar, by the way.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Pope Mobile posted:

:freep: ARE GUNS!
:byodood: Founding Fathers!

I had a bad start to my day, so I decided "gently caress it" and jumped into the fray. Usually avoid the poo poo this guy says. I'm blue.

E: Red just responded with "It's so the government can track how much ammo people have!" :tinfoil: much?

Oh it gets better! I stopped trying. Why are people so goddamn stupid?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Actually, we are entitled to it because we all agreed we're entitled to it and set up programs to make sure people have food and poo poo.

That second person made his own argument against himself. "Indeed, everyone is allowed to still keep their gun. No one is taking your drat guns. Stop. Saying. It.

Zeether posted:

"The Comical Conservative" page has a Ronald Reagan avatar, by the way.

Give the kid all the ice cream, drop him off in the middle of the savannah.

Pope Mobile posted:

Oh it gets better! I stopped trying. Why are people so goddamn stupid?

Actually, we are entitled to it because we all agreed we're entitled to it and set up programs to make sure people have food and poo poo.

Amused to Death has a new favorite as of 23:29 on May 31, 2013

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I think this is really funny, coming from the guy who only uses fluoride-free toothpaste because "Poison is poison, even in small doses!"

Mmm-mmm, that Borax is good eating :chef:

:negative:

edit - Wikipedia says 'Borax as a food additive is banned in the USA' and although it is used in China, 'the country's Directorate of Consumer Protection warns of the risk of liver cancer' with prolonged consumption.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hey buddy this ain't twitter

No

Stop

aaaahhhhHHHH

nael
Sep 10, 2009

I really hope this kid doesn't get hepatitis.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Tell me at some point someone brought up iocane powder in a discussion with him over fluoride-free tooth paste.

Because that would make my day so much better.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

nael posted:

I really hope this kid doesn't get hepatitis.

Can't wait to see his vampire fantasies dashed as soon as he realizes the human digestive system isn't set up to deal with a lot of blood.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

FCKGW posted:

Hey buddy this ain't twitter

No

What the gently caress is
"BITCH

AND BE"

supposed to mean?

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Posted by a girl I used to work with, accompanied by a picture of her and her little cousin.

Aaaaaand the comments. Red is her, not sure who blue is, but she is seriously not messing around.

sunday brunch
Dec 31, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

"BITCH

AND BE"

supposed to mean?

Isn't supposed to be "BITCH I MIGHT BE", the Gucci Mane quote?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

"BITCH

AND BE"

supposed to mean?

Facebook will snip parts of a photo off in order to fit it into a square for a preview picture, if you click on it you'll get the whole thing. It's probably
"_______
BITCH

AND BE
_______"

but Facebook removes the first and last lines in the process of fitting the image in that preview window.

E: Doing more internet detectivery than this is worth (a google search for "bitch and be") it might be "act like a bitch and be the boss"

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Knowing the way people mangle poo poo in to the ground it could be "keep bitch and be carry on"

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

FreakyZoid posted:

Knowing the way people mangle poo poo in to the ground it could be "keep bitch and be carry on"

I personally hope it's "eat, bitch, and be merry".

DoctorCubicle
Nov 18, 2012

FCKGW posted:

#Hashtags

That's not that bad. Just what happens when Instagram pictures get shared to Facebook.
Now if they're putting hashtags in their statuses unironically, then you're free to bludgeon them with a sack of sweet Valencia Oranges.

Content:

Most of this guy's posts are either :smuggo: comments about how all the women on OkCupid are whores and only want him for sex.:rolleyes:
The other half are about random electronics he buys and algorithims n' poo poo that no one comments on because none of his friends actually know what the gently caress he's talking about.

I tried reaching out and giving him dating advice because his OkC profile is a goddamn mess and he unfriended me because I didn't "understand him."

Kay.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

"BITCH

AND BE"

supposed to mean?

Descartes, I bitch therefore I be.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

DoctorCubicle posted:

That's not that bad. Just what happens when Instagram pictures get shared to Facebook.

That would be fine if it actually says that it was posted via Instagram or Twitter but it says neither so, yes, that person did flood their post with hashtags, ironically or otherwise! :psyduck:

DoctorCubicle
Nov 18, 2012

MyFaceBeHi posted:

That would be fine if it actually says that it was posted via Instagram or Twitter but it says neither so, yes, that person did flood their post with hashtags, ironically or otherwise! :psyduck:

On timelines they don't show up with the "posted via" or whatever, it's just the image and whatever caption.
I'll agree with you on this though, even on Instagram there should be some kind of limit to the number of hashtags you slap on something.
Case in point:

I always cringe when this guy goes on about how "deep" his art is considering he slaps a million and one hashtags on 'em and drops this poo poo all over it:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Not even paid versions. A shameful Facebook "artist."

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

"BITCH

AND BE"

supposed to mean?

It's not funny in the slightest unfortunately

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
So George Takei makes a post about the Confederate flag, and it gets a honeypot of Confederate apologists and other shitheels:

How dare you not tolerate my right to poo poo on gays and blacks! :qq:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Previa_fun posted:

Not even paid versions. A shameful Facebook "artist."

I'm more worried about the people who buy the full versions of Instagram.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

So George Takei makes a post about the Confederate flag, and it gets a honeypot of Confederate apologists and other shitheels:

I hate that "Tolerance is a two-way street" crap. "I can hate on gays and blacks all I want but you can't hate on me!"

I'm not sure if the baby picture hurts or helps.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Oh, here's another one:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=673900022639454&set=a.223098324386295.105971.205344452828349&type=1

Here's the George Takei post where all of this is happening, just in case anyone feels like digging through more poo poo.

One more:

144 likes. :smithicide:

It's amazing the amount of projection going on here, with Confederate apologists calling Takei and "libtards" ignorant.

Jerry Manderbilt has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Jun 1, 2013

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

The vast majority of the people I've encountered with a Confederate flag somewhere on their body/car/house etc want you to think they're a 'rebel'.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Khazar-khum posted:

The vast majority of the people I've encountered with a Confederate flag somewhere on their body/car/house etc want you to think they're a 'rebel'.

My sister has one and I'm not really sure why. She keeps saying "heritage" and to my knowledge she isn't racist so I dunno.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

They keep saying "heritage, not hate" and yet there's a million things they can choose (e.g. why not MLK or Rosa Parks or something) than the flag of the nation they tried to make to enshrine slavery.

Anyway, content (sort of);

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

da gently caress?

"A chinese person has a better car than I do so I am diminished"? Am I reading this right?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

da gently caress?

"A chinese person has a better car than I do so I am diminished"? Am I reading this right?

This is from some Chinese kid who was poor growing up, and half of his posts are bitching about how girls won't date him because he's poor.

He's also a wannabe gangster and I'm debating posting his pictures in the Awkward and Ugly thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ularg posted:

My sister has one and I'm not really sure why. She keeps saying "heritage" and to my knowledge she isn't racist so I dunno.

Heritage in that case basically means 'I fuckin hate black people so much'.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It's almost like the CSA's Vice President didn't know that the Civil War wasn't about race.

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

We all agree that Black is a loving nutter, but grey is hardly doing anything clever in this scenario.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Oh, here's another one:

I hope someone actually responded to this, because it's simply that Lincoln couldn't do that in those states since war powers didn't apply. There's a saying that really is true, "Those who know nothing about the civil war think it was about slavery. Those who know a little think it was about state's rights. Those who know a lot know it was about loving slavery."

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's almost like the CSA's Vice President didn't know that the Civil War wasn't about race.

I'm tired of digging it out every time I hear the "Heritage not hate" bullshit so I won't post it, but I used to have a collection of quotes from the Declarations of Secession of the southern states that all explicitly state they left over slavery. It's a really open and shut case that historical revisionists love to try to complicate.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Amused to Death posted:

I hope someone actually responded to this, because it's simply that Lincoln couldn't do that in those states since war powers didn't apply. There's a saying that really is true, "Those who know nothing about the civil war think it was about slavery. Those who know a little think it was about state's rights. Those who know a lot know it was about loving slavery."

Eventually, I got depressed from all the rednecks saying "OH YOU HIGH AND MIGHTY YANKEES YOU HAD SLAVES TOO!!!!!" and stopped following the post.

George Takei himself replied to the "Tolerance is a two way street" idiot and then as far as I can tell his reply got drowned out.

Jerry Manderbilt has a new favorite as of 01:08 on Jun 2, 2013

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

FCKGW posted:

It's not funny in the slightest unfortunately

Is that man just leaving the People's Court?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

That picture has six thousand replies now. Someone said that the confederate waver might just like country music while the rainblow waving flag waver might be a member of an anti U.S. code pink (what the hell is this) organization.

This is, by far, not the dumbest post in that picture by the way.

• Locked thread