Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

a generously sized, 15.6" 720P display with 1366x768 resolution.

the vast majority of xbox games only run at 720p, if that. in fact i can't think of a single game that does 1080p, that was basically only used for hd-dvd (lol) output. the new call of duty games run at like 800x480 to keep their frame rates up. it's really goddamned terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU loving SPERGS WHY DO YOU CROWDFUND SO MANY loving WALLETS?!?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

theflyingexecutive posted:

ah yes, where to find a sub-1k laptop with 512 megabytes of ram in tyool 2013

but would it be a ~!*~GAMING~*!~ laptop?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

and why do they all have build-in bottle openers?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sweevo posted:

to maintain the delusion of having a social life

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they want to demonstrate how hard core bad rear end they are because they drink beer so much that they need to carry a bottle opener with them at all times!!!1

(though it's really a lie because none of them like the "taste of alcohol", only pure clean vodka red bull or mike's hard lemonade for me m'lady)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sweevo posted:

my girl friend opens bottles w. her teeth its pretty classy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Smythe posted:

my girl friend opens bottles w. her teeth its pretty classy

:stonk:

if you're at a party though I guess it's convenient to be able to open your own beer instead of having to ask someone else if they have a bottle opener every time.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i open beer bottles with a claw hammer, and wine bottles with a three inch drywall screw and impact driver

i haven't had a girl over in months :woop:

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
open wine with a towel and your shoe

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
i twist off beer bottle caps

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i use my prehensile penis

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
i open wine by using a pair of scissors to snip the carton

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

I just rummage through my failed startup swag drawer until I find a bottle opener

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

i like when nerds tell stories about partying and the climax is something like "oh man, and the music was so loud, the neighbors came over to complain!"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

oh yeah I'm gonna carry around a thing with a big pointy metal bit in my back pocket. great idea you dumb idiot fuckers.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

< Ulf> I am waiting on like 3 minimalist wallets and have received none
< Ulf> tbf two of them have already made my wallet thinner so mission accomplished

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

polpotpi posted:

i like when nerds tell stories about partying and the climax is something like "oh man, and the music was so loud, the neighbors came over to complain!"

all my friends tell stories like 'and then so-and-so got her titties out' which always happens to take place right after I left

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

all my friends tell stories like 'and then so-and-so got her titties out' which always happens to take place right after I left

not a coincidence. sorry bud.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

yes, this is why i dont want 2 die. its like, dying is leaving the party on planet earth. what if aliens show up right after u die - it'd be like the awesomest pair of titties ever - 2 bad u left the party early :420:

HENCE my cryogenic kickstarter - anyone awanna make the wiki?

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

WorkingPeer posted:

on the subject of mexican food: london is barely catching up with most mid-sized american cities, but jfc at least we have a nice variety of real british-grown chillies and our guac doesn't have loving mayo(!!!!!!) in it!

Benito's Hat on Goodge St owns, fresh ingredients and amazing tortillas and a burrito the size of your head

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

polpotpi posted:

god i am dealing with this eco hippie earth neighbors who teach yoga classes in their back yard and also stay once or twice a week play really loud music until 4 am

i've been over 4 or 5 times to tell them to turn it down, next time i'm calling the cops i swear to god

it pisses me off so much because they drive a prius and do yoga and clearly care about things like "awareness" and "coexistnce" but apparently coexistnce stops when it comes to blasting music at absurd volumes at 4 in the morning

i hate them so much

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

chumpchous posted:

i hate them so much

me too

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

chumpchous posted:

god i am dealing with this eco hippie earth neighbors who teach yoga classes in their back yard and also stay once or twice a week play really loud music until 4 am

i've been over 4 or 5 times to tell them to turn it down, next time i'm calling the cops i swear to god

it pisses me off so much because they drive a prius and do yoga and clearly care about things like "awareness" and "coexistnce" but apparently coexistnce stops when it comes to blasting music at absurd volumes at 4 in the morning

i hate them so much
wanna know what these new agers are blasting at absurd volumes at 4 in the morning

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the other night we heard cat stevens but usually it sounds like a lot of the same terrible dance music

i dont liste nto bad music mostly so i cant identify it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

wanna know what these new agers are blasting at absurd volumes at 4 in the morning

they're just blasting the sound of the ocean at 130 DB

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Trig Discipline posted:

they're just blasting the sound of the ocean at 130 DB

wasnt that a star trak movie

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 10, 2013

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

i'm seriously tempted to start farming some of the chiles that haven't made it to australia yet, because you can seriously sell a tiny bag of anchos for like ten bucks here that you would pay two dollars for in the us and probably a quarter for in mexico

i smell an arbitrage opportunity

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

penus de milo posted:

Benito's Hat on Goodge St owns, fresh ingredients and amazing tortillas and a burrito the size of your head

yeah, they're pretty damned good. i am also partial to chilango, insofar as its a blatant but better-executed ripoff of chipotle (albeit without goddamned corn salsa :argh:)

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
speaking of which, i want to open a chick-fil-a rip off in london. should i crowdfund this: y/n

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
i dont take mexican food advice from a people whose countrys most famous mexican place serves things in dorito shells and wants to build a wall to keep all the good cooks out of the country

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
also mad mex is p decent

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
i like mad mex but i had one of their burritos last week and its construction was pretty half-arsed compared to gyg's

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
ive never heard of mad mex before but the name is amazing

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
gyg may be substandard but I'm pretty happy with the results

someone tell me a good mexican place to go in the US

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

~Coxy posted:

gyg may be substandard but I'm pretty happy with the results

someone tell me a good mexican place to go in the US

your local taquiera

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

penus de milo posted:

ive never heard of mad mex before but the name is amazing

namechat: our knockoff of taco bell is called taco bill

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

WorkingPeer posted:

and our guac doesn't have loving mayo(!!!!!!) in it!

Wait everybody shut the gently caress up. What is this. WHAT IS THIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

prahanormal posted:

Wait everybody shut the gently caress up. What is this. WHAT IS THIS.

it's guacamole, with mayonnaise :twisted:

• Locked thread