Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

theshim posted:

Cloverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :argh:

Once again, vital information comes down to "make Clover trust you". drat it all.

Only instead of the Axe Ending, you get the Vogue Ending. It's basically where she just kinda poses for Sigma while everyone else sneaks out the 9 door and leaves him to die.

Fedule posted:

Why is Zero making us do all this?

Um... Well, this is just, um, speculation, but...
Maybe it's... for entertainment. So rich, powerful people can watch.

Entertainment?

Yes. They're probably off in an opulent theater, watching us struggle while they drink brandy and eat caviar...

Isn't that exactly what Lord Gordain's Nonary Game was?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
If that Radical-6 infection isn't made up, it looks like it's several months into the future at least, if not more. I do appreciate that Sigma and company actually realized that they should have heard of something causing that much death and are thinking that maybe it's been quite a while that they've been under.

They hinted that their bodies were feeling different. I'm not sure if, as Dio said, it was just from sleeping for a while, or if it was supposed to be hinting that they're actually on the Moon. It's hard to say, although the Radical-6 article suggests the former.

Given K and Clover's outfits, I wonder if they were both headed for a costume party, although I'm not sure who would wear a suit they can't take off themselves, no matter how comfortable.

Zero said that the pair assignments and colours are randomly shuffled after each AB round. On the second run through the game, we'll have to see if we get a different pair assignment/colour if we choose a different starting door and/or vote in the AB room.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 10, 2013

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.
So do the interactions between characters in this part change if you have a different partner or is it always the same outcome?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

LateToTheParty posted:

So do the interactions between characters in this part change if you have a different partner or is it always the same outcome?

Some of the interactions are based on the results of the AB game, which, as mentioned before, do change based on your partner and your vote. Not all of them, though.

Alberenza
Mar 28, 2013

LateToTheParty posted:

There may be some slight variations occasionally based on order, but even in other playthroughs the events don't really change.

EDIT: Beaten

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Radical-6

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

SKBasis posted:

O, commit my knowledge:
To lock my mewing dome,
My wet-dog-like common,
Know old gym committee.

Come, my time, know gold,
Mock my woolen midget.
We met in my gloom-dock.

...in other words, no, I don't think there's any further reason behind it, but there's a lot of other neat stuff it anagrams into (and if any of the above turn out to be relevant, I too shall eat my hat).
Well, it might be possible to argue some of these, but not knowing where the plot's gonna go, I have no idea how accurate it'd be.
"O, commit my knowledge" could be something about getting knowledge, which is what the Nonary game in 999 was about. And since Phi has some 'knowledge' of stuff before it happens...
"To lock my mewing dome" could easily refer to K, especially since the lock is in his mask/helmet. Of note is 'mewing' has definitions relating to confinement/secret place. Including the transitive verb definition of 'To confine in or as if in a cage.' Though it looks like that definition is quite archaic. Maybe K just liked to pretend to be a cat. :v:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Isn't that exactly what Lord Gordain's Nonary Game was?
Makes me wonder if Luna worked for some rich guy, and found out about it that way. Or is from a wealthy family. In fact, I wonder how many of the people in this game are from wealthy/affluent families.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

If that Radical-C infection isn't made up, it looks like it's several months into the future at least, if not more. I do appreciate that Sigma and company actually realized that they should have heard of something causing that much death and are thinking that maybe it's been quite a while that they've been under.

They hinted that their bodies were feeling different. I'm not sure if, as Dio said, it was just from sleeping for a while, or if it was supposed to be hinting that they're actually on the Moon. It's hard to say, although the Radical-C article suggests the former.

Given K and Clover's outfits, I wonder if they were both headed for a costume party, although I'm not sure who would wear a suit they can't take off themselves, no matter how comfortable.

I think K is in a containment suit. Possibly even because of Radical-6. Maybe it causes memory loss?

-
One thing that I'm wondering is the 'organization' that Clover and Alice work for happens to be June's/Santa's. She seemed to agree that they might have something to do with it.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
So Eclipses, Virus and Schrodinger, huh? I wonder how it will all come together. Schrodinger probably has to do with the whole being in many places at once like 999.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I don't think K would talk like that about his suit if it were a containment suit. I think he's a soldier, and his suit is BATTLE ARMOR. :black101:

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
K is a robot. The lock on the back of his head unlocks Orgia mode.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

RentCavalier posted:

K is a robot. The lock on the back of his head unlocks Orgia mode.

At which point his hands become knives and he murders.people for three turns. :black101:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Looking back, the thing that most annoyed me about this game was this:

This dumb pose. Almost any time Clover is speaking and she isn't scared or angry, she makes this stupid pose.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

BKPR posted:

Looking back, the thing that most annoyed me about this game was this:

This dumb pose. Almost any time Clover is speaking and she isn't scared or angry, she makes this stupid pose.

That pose is dumb, but Dio's shrug pose is way worse.

FEdit: Honestly, Clover's forward bow pose was worse for me.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I like how Clover's posing bothers people more than her attire.

What even the gently caress is that in her hair?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Count Bleck posted:

You get used to her character design quickly, but it is ludicrous (Alice's is even worse, honestly.)

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I found The Flintstones very erotic, what's your problem.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Count Bleck posted:

It's a felt ball made to look like a skull

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

King of Solomon posted:

You get used to her character design quickly, but it is ludicrous (Alice's is even worse, honestly.)

I hate Alice because I was playing this game, she was onscreen, my wife leaned over and said "Oh, now I know why you like this game so much."

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Count Bleck posted:

I'm not sure what it is, but it's looking at me.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Spatula City posted:

I don't think K would talk like that about his suit if it were a containment suit. I think he's a soldier, and his suit is BATTLE ARMOR. :black101:
Well, it would feel natural if he had to wear it for months. That's what I meant by containment suit. Basically prevent him from contaminating other people, while still being able go outside and such.

Unless he's one of the only people who don't have the virus/whatever it is. And he's working/worked on a cure, and needed to be safe.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zandar posted:

Well now, an infectious disease suggests a pretty good reason to stick K into a suit, and trying to find a cure for it could be a pretty good reason for a Nonary Game.

Yeah, Zero could stick us in front of some 3D DNA printer to bioengineer the cure to avoid burning to death this time. Everyone did think sudoku was way too easy.

The obvious conclusion I'm drawing from the facility here is that they aren't quarantining everyone cause they have the disease. It could be because they don't have the disease, and they're some of the last people left alive. Maybe even the very last people left alive, with the whole of humanity being the equivalent of Akane stuck in the incinerator unless we solve the puzzle to find a cure or whatever.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Bifauxnen posted:

The obvious conclusion I'm drawing from the facility here is that they aren't quarantining everyone cause they have the disease. It could be because they don't have the disease, and they're some of the last people left alive. Maybe even the very last people left alive, with the whole of humanity being the equivalent of Akane stuck in the incinerator unless we solve the puzzle to find a cure or whatever.

That makes no sense either. Leaving out Zero-the-mole, three - and probably none - of these people have heard of this disease at the time they were kidnapped, which means they were kidnapped before it became widespread. Therefore, they weren't kidnapped because they were some of last surviving people. I also hope that the plot isn't "while you were sleeping, the apocalypse happened. Surprise!"

Sytakan
Jul 26, 2012

Ohyes.
Something that's been bothering me for a while now:

It can't be that obvious. I wonder if this is intentional?

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I don't think Snake is eligible to participate in the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition though, because "ambidex" means "both handed". :v:

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Also K can see - he'd have to be able to in order to know what his bracelet was displaying.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pyradox posted:

Also K can see - he'd have to be able to in order to know what his bracelet was displaying.

In the future, you don't need eyes to see.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Tunahead posted:

I don't think Snake is eligible to participate in the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition though, because "ambidex" means "both handed". :v:

That's why he is now a robot named K. He has both arms and some magic shenanigans even allow him to see!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Radical-6 brings to my mind Ice-9 from the last game, so I wonder if they are somehow related? I wonder if there will be a something-3 next game?

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
And then a something-0 bwaaugh :aaaaa:

K is all but confirmed to be Robert Downey Jr. in my mind.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Have you all forgotten already? The first time they exited the AB rooms, we established that Phi and K are both Jumpy. :v:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

RoeCocoa posted:

Have you all forgotten already? The first time they exited the AB rooms, we established that Phi and K are both Jumpy. :v:

:frogout:

That's a horrible pun and you should be ashamed.

And I should be ashamed for laughing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sytakan posted:

Something that's been bothering me for a while now:

It can't be that obvious. I wonder if this is intentional?

You're right. Only one person ever has put their hand on their chin in thought.

Chilblain
Oct 20, 2012

"You used some rude language towards me."
For that reason alone, I'll drop you into hell.

Waffleman_ posted:

Shortly after escaping the Nonary Game for the second time, Snake decided to place a copyright upon that pose and sue anyone else who placed their hand on their chin. This Nonary Game was put together by Clover all for the purpose of making him realize how ridiculous that is.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Chilblain posted:

Shortly after escaping the Nonary Game for the second time, Snake decided to place a copyright upon that pose and sue anyone else who placed their hand on their chin. This Nonary Game was put together by Clover all for the purpose of making him realize how ridiculous that is.

Alice also decided to take part since Nonary Games and interventions are interchangeable in Japan.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
They're in Germany and the door says "no".

Sytakan
Jul 26, 2012

Ohyes.

Waffleman_ posted:

Well it's either that, or they do that crazy cliche dream-thing where the masked stranger removes the mask and turns out to be you all along!

But this game has been nothing but quality, so I doubt that so much I'd bet my cats on it. That's why I'm far more convinced it's Snake under there.

And by convinced, I mean that I'm really hopeful.

I think I like Snake a little too much guys.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sytakan posted:

Well it's either that, or they do that crazy cliche dream-thing where the masked stranger removes the mask and turns out to be you all along!

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't understand why these are the only two options.

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

Sytakan posted:

But this game has been nothing but quality, so I doubt that so much I'd bet my cats on it. That's why I'm far more convinced it's Snake under there.

And by convinced, I mean that I'm really hopeful.

I think I like Snake a little too much guys.

Personally I'm hoping for "Luke Sigma, I am your father."

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So remember how batshit insane the morphographic field thing from 999 was?

Well, it looks like it can be done in a non-crazy way. Not via a 'field', but using technology. And obviously not the 'send information into the past' bit, nor the ice-9 junk. Just sending information from point a to point b. A brain-to-brain interface, albeit a simple one. And a 'virtual' version. This was in rats, and only the first step toward it. An article about it is here. The scientific paper containing the results is here, for anyone who can understand that.

It's kind of scary that something similar to the 'morphographic field' might actually be possible to make, even if it is an artificial constructed version. At least it would be an 'opt in' kind of thing, considering how it would work.

Which makes me wonder just what in this game might turn out to be possible later down the line.

Some Strange Flea posted:

They're in Germany and the door says "no".
You know, that made me realize something about the whole final door saying 'q'. It doesn't actually work in 999, when you think about it. At least in the English translation. If only because the note was in braille. Since 'q' and '9' are different, with numbers having the braille for '#' before them, and then using the letters a-i replacing 1-9, and j being 0.

However, this would be moot of Snake was also in on the whole thing, and what he claimed it said was different. And since Clover seems to be part of the organization June/Santa made, it would make sense that Snake was in it too. The whole "I'm part of an organization, but I'm not going to tell you who they are or what they do since I don't trust you" thing that was revealed here. She could just have well been in on part of the plan, thus not knowing that Snake was still alive in the 'Clover kills everyone' ending.

So that would mean everyone besides Junpei, Seven, Lotus, and those who were targeted for revenge were in on it. Seven might have been in on it on some level, since he had the 'smug grin' at the end. Lotus could easily have been in on it, with something as simple as "Hey, want to get revenge on the bastards who kidnapped your kids and almost murdered them? Help us do this thing."

Which would mean Junpei, and the four targets were the only ones who are guaranteed not to be in on it at some level. :tinfoil:
(I really hope that's not true, since that's just plain bullshit to do as a twist. Even retroactively.)
---

Something that I realized just now is that if Alice is indeed the dethawed Ice-9 mummy, then she could have easily have some ancient disease that had died off, but she was immune to. Something that no one else would be immune to, that could kill many people. Radical-6, specifically. I don't know how feasible it would be in real life, but certainly in fiction it's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Junpei read the note in 999. It was read by Zero over the speakers in the japanese version.

• Locked thread