Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Does anyone have a link to this trailer? Google is bringing me a trailer from February that I didn't know existed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-PkKDD5RHE

E: ^^^ Thanks!

EE: Why does the new trailer say "now in development" and the old trailer say Q4 2013?

Because the "old trailer" is quite clearly fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Why would someone make a fake trailer? For sick Youtube hits or something?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

EE: Why does the new trailer say "now in development" and the old trailer say Q4 2013?

^ That one's fake.

God drat, Nomura. Knocked that one out of the park, he did. "oh btw here's another lil title you might be interested in :smug:"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oxxidation posted:

Is there anything I should keep in mind for Dream Drop Distance, or can I just haphazardly make Dream Eaters and level them up willy-nilly?

Currently Sora's getting all the roly-poly goofy ones while Riku gets the ones that actually look to be worth a poo poo, because you've gotta preserve that anime rival dynamic.

I never was too bright on the DE stuff, but learn to love the Flow Motion stuff, it's amazing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I never was too bright on the DE stuff, but learn to love the Flow Motion stuff, it's amazing.

What? Sorry, I couldn't hear you, I was busy throwing a panda bear into a wall. Seventeen times.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
God. I can never get tired of that song. So wonderful.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Does anyone have a link to this trailer? Google is bringing me a trailer from February that I didn't know existed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-PkKDD5RHE

E: ^^^ Thanks!

Becuse SE have realized their production practices suck rear end.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Aren't we still missing BBS2: Aqua's Bogus Journey?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Diablo 3, GTA V and I just read on page 65 of this thread that KH HD comes out on Sep 10th as well.

That's gonna be one packed as poo poo month jesus. Better start paying that poo poo off soon.

And KH3 woo, wonder how they'll the story, with how Dream Drop ended, they could go the Birth by sleep route and have 3 stories again, Sora on his journey of self discovery, Riku doing whatever and Kairi learning to kill stuff.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, will the PS4 play PS3 games? Because I don't own a 3, and I don't wanna buy it if I'm just gonna have to buy a 4 to play KH3...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

So, will the PS4 play PS3 games? Because I don't own a 3, and I don't wanna buy it if I'm just gonna have to buy a 4 to play KH3...

No backwards compatibility, no. It sucks and is bullcrap, yes.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Yeah.. it's really dumb how they're remixing all the KH games to get them (mostly) all on one console (assuming they will do 2.5), then go ahead and make the next game on the next one. Makes no sense. Hopefully they'll be available on PS store at some point?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Oxxidation posted:

No backwards compatibility, no. It sucks and is bullcrap, yes.

well it will have semi-bc with playing PS3 games over an online stream. But emulating an architecture like the cell on an x86-64 processor isn't going to happen.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ah well. On the bright side, there is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
KH3 is going to be the end of this series finally, right?

Guess I should find some way to play all those portable games so I know what the gently caress is happening, hopefully they'll make a second compilation

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

darealkooky posted:

KH3 is going to be the end of this series finally, right?

Guess I should find some way to play all those portable games so I know what the gently caress is happening, hopefully they'll make a second compilation

It's the end of Sora's story, for what it's worth.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
Hopefully the plot of KH3 isn't convoluted as hell and you won't need to know everything from all ten games to understand it.

Haha just kidding, it will be a deconstructionist masterpiece.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

Hopefully the plot of KH3 isn't convoluted as hell and you won't need to know everything from all ten games to understand it.

As it turns out, everyone was Xehanort. EVERYONE. Sora, Kairi, Riku, Donald, Axel, Dale, Peter Pan, Cloud, Eeyore, the MCP, Sora's Mom, Sebastian the crab, that one guy who lost his heart from Traverse Town in the first game. They were all Xehanort all along.

The final battle is a timed rhythm game in which every character slowly merges into a Keyblade that Scrooge McDuck (who for some reason is not Master Xehanort) uses to open the vault to his Money Bin.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

Thankfully they'll let you skip cutscenes this time.

Right??

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It's mystifying seeing Kingdom Hearts in glorious Playstation Four graficks.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

Thankfully they'll let you skip cutscenes this time.

Right??

KH3D did, and I THINK Birth By Sleep did as well, so we should be safe in that regard.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

As it turns out, everyone was Xehanort. EVERYONE. Sora, Kairi, Riku, Donald, Axel, Dale, Peter Pan, Cloud, Eeyore, the MCP, Sora's Mom, Sebastian the crab, that one guy who lost his heart from Traverse Town in the first game. They were all Xehanort all along.

The final battle is a timed rhythm game in which every character slowly merges into a Keyblade that Scrooge McDuck (who for some reason is not Master Xehanort) uses to open the vault to his Money Bin.

Would be fine w/ this.

Behonkiss posted:

KH3D did, and I THINK Birth By Sleep did as well, so we should be safe in that regard.

Thank Christ. I could probably still recite that cutscene before the Riku fight in KH1 and I played that game when I was like... fourteen.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Still can't believe we went through an entire console generation without a main KH game. The side games were fun, but drat.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Liar Lyre posted:

Still can't believe we went through an entire console generation without a main KH game. The side games were fun, but drat.

I was just about to graduate high school when Kingdom Hearts II came out. That was seven years ago. :psyduck:
That was an Ocarina of Time timejump ago :psyduck: :psyduck:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Liar Lyre posted:

It'll probably get released on PS3 and PS4, like Watch Dogs.

Comedy option: KH3 Part 1, coming to PS3. KH3 Part 2, coming to PS45.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

effervescible posted:

^ That one's fake.

God drat, Nomura. Knocked that one out of the park, he did. "oh btw here's another lil title you might be interested in :smug:"

Seriously that was amazing. He just said it in such a downplayed way and the next second the Disney logo shows up and I'm drat near leaping through the ceiling.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Too bad 1.5 won't have 2 in it. I love KH1, but you feel so stiff. KH2 introduced a lot of mobility powers, and the combos wove smoothly between eachother and there was TONS of variety, even moreso in final mix. My biggest/only complaint (animes aside) is that the post-game involved many many hours of outright grinding.

Oh well still buying the poo poo out of this.

EDIT: It's kind of funny that aside the aesthetic, KH1 and KH2 are the hardcoriest games there are. Tons of hours of gameplay, secrets, grinding, etc. yet it's the game everyone has played and isn't ashamed to admit they spent their entire adolescence on. It's normal if you've beaten Riku five separate times but how DARE you play Mario as an adult?

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 11, 2013

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Macaluso posted:

Seriously that was amazing. He just said it in such a downplayed way and the next second the Disney logo shows up and I'm drat near leaping through the ceiling.

Exactly same same here! And I kept telling myself no, they wouldn't, this is just going to be more Remix news or something...WAIT WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT ON THE BEACH OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :magical:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I still can't believe how long it has been since a KH game has been on a console. I bought a PS3 solely for Kingdom Hearts 3 and it never came out during the entire lifespan of the console. I just hope I'll be able to follow the story without having to play all of the side games.

I've been hearing the story became progressively stupid as the sidegames started to pile up, is this true at all? Will it effect the quality of the story of KH3 in any way if they try to tie up all the loose ends?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Asuron posted:

I just hope I'll be able to follow the story without having to play all of the side games.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

How hard can it be to explain? KH2's plotline IIRC was:

1. There's black demon things and they're bad
2. There's white demon things and they, too, are bad. Maybe worse.
3. The bad guy from the last game was a black demon thing. Now he's a white demon thing.
4. Find him and kill him, but you need to go visit all these places in order to prepare for the battle.
5. He has two red lightsabers that never get explained.

And there's the story. Honestly it's not hard to follow.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Asuron posted:

I just hope I'll be able to follow the story without having to play all of the side games.

You sweet summer child. Bless your heart.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bobnumerotres posted:

How hard can it be to explain? KH2's plotline IIRC was:

1. There's black demon things and they're bad
2. There's white demon things and they, too, are bad. Maybe worse.
3. The bad guy from the last game was a black demon thing. Now he's a white demon thing.
4. Find him and kill him, but you need to go visit all these places in order to prepare for the battle.
5. He has two red lightsabers that never get explained.

And there's the story. Honestly it's not hard to follow.

Bullshit. Here's the plot up to 3Ds. 3Ds only gets more confusing.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Outside of not having numbers in their names (and being on handhelds I guess if that bothers you) Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are every bit as much main games as the two PS2 titles.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Well, if you care about semantics. :smug:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Couldn't be more stoked if I tried. It's finally in development.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

chumbler posted:

Aren't we still missing BBS2: Aqua's Bogus Journey?

They might still make it, it's still another ten years before KHIII comes out, plus they still have yet to make KH HD 2.5 Remix

Pureauthor posted:

It's the end of Sora's story, for what it's worth.

:objection: It's the end of the Xehanort Saga, but Nomura said Sora will continue to be the main protagonist

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They might still make it, it's still another ten years before KHIII comes out, plus they still have yet to make KH HD 2.5 Remix

:objection: It's the end of the Xehanort Saga, but Nomura said Sora will continue to be the main protagonist

And Metal Gear Solid 4 was the end of Snake's story but here we are :smug:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm probably checking out after Xehanort's gone. I don't want to be waiting till my forties for a KH4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Looking up the games it just reminds me that Kingdom Hearts 3 skipped an entire console generation.