Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World z0r Z
May 26, 2013

ulilileeloo dallas posted:

NOTICE: this thursday faraday is scheduled for a shaving. sedatives included. there will be pictures. there will be video.

i am so. excited.

want moonboots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

World z0r Z posted:

want moonboots

always moonboots

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Reposting this. Should take another vid of kitten doing it. Or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWCL7DaWsdY

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

yessssssss

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dur posted:

yessssssss

outtake getting the photo

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
Tattoo that's not yours you stealer of comfies

all righty, go back to sleep. the thing will go in the washer :colbert:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
gave carmen a new mouse toy filled with catnip. seconds before this video she was rabbit kicking the crap out of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGhJgUbA2As

saturday night!!!!

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

zoey don't leave!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

NOTICE: this thursday faraday is scheduled for a shaving. sedatives included. there will be pictures. there will be video.

i am so. excited.

cat sleeping the sedatives off at the vet or at home?

realtalk: munny and espressa got their checkup and shots, and I asked for a summer cut too to help deal with shedding and also i turn off a/c when I'm out. i drop off the screaming cats, call later and cats are ready but I was told they needed sedatives because they were being fucks about getting shaved. take the cats home, and they're loving pitiful; aside from drunk walking, there's pained meows, missed clumsy jumps on and off objects, puking clear liquid probably because of nausea, and some peeing on the floor when they can't make it to the shitbox. when you pet them, they're slightly cool/cold and it's kinda creepy. they were fine the next day, but two pillows got peed on and are getting thrown out

basically, I'm hesitant to do another shaving in the future if they gotta be drugged up for it(maybe when they're not getting booster shots would be better?), and if it needs to happen still, it'd be better for them to sleep it off at the vet's or else I'll need to set aside some time to babysit some loving miserable cats

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

where do you people live that shaving cats is a required thing, the surface of venus?

i've never heard of anyone getting their cats shaved before unless it's a small patch for something medical or they've hosed their fur up so badly there's no other option but for it to come off

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Ollie like to lay on me

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

creatine posted:

Ollie like to lay on me

pink nose

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

duckfarts posted:

realtalk: munny and espressa got their checkup and shots, and I asked for a summer cut too to help deal with shedding and also i turn off a/c when I'm out. i drop off the screaming cats, call later and cats are ready but I was told they needed sedatives because they were being fucks about getting shaved. take the cats home, and they're loving pitiful; aside from drunk walking, there's pained meows, missed clumsy jumps on and off objects, puking clear liquid probably because of nausea, and some peeing on the floor when they can't make it to the shitbox. when you pet them, they're slightly cool/cold and it's kinda creepy. they were fine the next day, but two pillows got peed on and are getting thrown out

basically, I'm hesitant to do another shaving in the future if they gotta be drugged up for it(maybe when they're not getting booster shots would be better?), and if it needs to happen still, it'd be better for them to sleep it off at the vet's or else I'll need to set aside some time to babysit some loving miserable cats

:catstare: I'm sorry that happened. We regularly do lion cuts on cats (always sedated) and we never let them go home until they're able to get up and move around. Sometimes cats can be kind of loopy for a while because of the Ketamine, but they shouldn't be peeing everywhere :( Vomiting is typical. Being cold is kind of typical, but we personally try to get their temps up.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club
My mother is growing her own catnip. I think I may pick up some and give it to the cats. It's one of those "we're stuck inside all day" days and I KNOW they will get bored fast. Pics or video hopefully to come.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

remember to pet your cats every morning

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

remember to pet your cats every morning

What if they woke you up at 545 by kangaroo kicking the blanket (and your foot inside it)? This is not a hypothetical question.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Vitamins posted:

where do you people live that shaving cats is a required thing, the surface of venus?

i've never heard of anyone getting their cats shaved before unless it's a small patch for something medical or they've hosed their fur up so badly there's no other option but for it to come off

oscar got shaved for the latter option. Our hope is that we don't have to do it again, because it seriously stressed him out.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/792629733/pettread-the-cat-and-small-dog-treadmill?ref=home_location

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

What if they woke you up at 545 by kangaroo kicking the blanket (and your foot inside it)? This is not a hypothetical question.

my cat used to do that. loving rear end in a top hat. i miss him. :(

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Shifty Pony posted:

you should be thankfull that your cats allowed you to get an early start on your petting schedule

lazy human scum

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

Is that another cat shooting laser eyes at you from the door?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

MikeJF posted:

Is that another cat shooting laser eyes at you from the door?

Nah, just a stainless steel water bowl. Laser beams were deployed in the Battle of the Blanket Mice though

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

sadie is just great all over

InsanityPrawnBoy
Jan 19, 2006

theres a dog trapped inside your guitar
cats cats cats

bonus sand cat

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

current cinnamon status

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
what a cutie. has she adjusted to the hotel life?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

InsanityPrawnBoy posted:

cats cats cats

I like this kind of cat because it looks like someone splattered them with tabby colored paint

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

what a cutie. has she adjusted to the hotel life?

yeah she's p cool with things now. she's slowly getting used to the harness so im hoping to be able to let her out for so she can begin to explore for a bit.

but she mostly sleeps, hotel life is tough on a cat see for yourself

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

World z0r Z posted:

want moonboots

they always leave the booties and the ruff, and tail tassel only by request

i will be requesting that they keep hte tail tassel

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Luisfe posted:

Reposting this. Should take another vid of kitten doing it. Or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWCL7DaWsdY

is this cat CP? i feel like im watchin something i should not be

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

tabby cat???

more lke stabby cat

:fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

duckfarts posted:

i didn't have any sedative side effects with him at all last summer. i suspect he slept quite a bit of it off at the vet, when we came home he was awake but drunk and thirsty. he spent quite a bit of time rolling around on the hardwood floor, probably felt cool and nice. this week he's just getting the grooming, and his boosters/checkup will happen when we put him in boarding during our vacation at teh end of july.

he gave his last collar the slip though and i have yet to find it, so i've lost his current rabies tag :(

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

he gave his last collar the slip though and i have yet to find it, so i've lost his current rabies tag :(
I wouldn't sweat it too much. They often print the number on your copy of the receipt. If you've not saved that they probably have it in the computer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sunday motherfuckers

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
last night i lost my childhood catte. ol' TC (Tiger Cat, when she was a kitten she was black and orange).

somebody ran her over with their car and sped off. she survived that, but had a fractured pelvis. we had to find an after hours vet to take her to, and with her being 21 years old, we had to put her down.

RIP little fuzzbuzz.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

VERTiG0 posted:

last night i lost my childhood catte. ol' TC (Tiger Cat, when she was a kitten she was black and orange).

somebody ran her over with their car and sped off. she survived that, but had a fractured pelvis. we had to find an after hours vet to take her to, and with her being 21 years old, we had to put her down.

RIP little fuzzbuzz.

Wish somebody would have run your posting career over.

Serious tho: Im sorry, yoslove fellow goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

VERTiG0 posted:

RIP little fuzzbuzz.

gently caress that sucks. old TC was a hardcore catte if she took a car and lived to tell the tale tho.

i hope somebody runs that person over :mad: