Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Yeah. I've seen a dog die from eating a penny (and a quarter). It sucks. The owner said he'd (the dog, not the owner) always eaten coins and just passed them. She didn't know any harm could come from it. She didn't bring him into the vet until a week or so after he ate the penny. Surgery came too late. I think the dissolving copper, or maybe the zinc, was what poisoned him. It was pretty sad.

Here's some petcare advice: Don't let your pets eat coins. You may need that money someday and your pet's bodies will try to digest that money. I don't think shopkeepers will accept half-digested money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What's the best episode title?

I'm partial to Perchance to Dean.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The Diving Bell Vs. The Butter-Glider, no contest. :colbert:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Bored posted:

Yeah. I've seen a dog die from eating a penny (and a quarter). It sucks. The owner said he'd (the dog, not the owner) always eaten coins and just passed them. She didn't know any harm could come from it. She didn't bring him into the vet until a week or so after he ate the penny. Surgery came too late. I think the dissolving copper, or maybe the zinc, was what poisoned him. It was pretty sad.

Here's some petcare advice: Don't let your pets eat coins. You may need that money someday and your pet's bodies will try to digest that money. I don't think shopkeepers will accept half-digested money.

It's a danger with kids too. The zinc can burn a whole through the stomach lining. Also, zinc poisoning is really really lovely (as I found out one day after cutting out a bunch of galvanized piping with a torch).

X_Toad posted:

Why are you giving us a link to the definition of pastiche while calling people 'spergs'? I'm not getting it. And what's with people mentioning that loving vegetable again and again?

Because this "it must literally be making fun of this character" "no it must be making fun of this character" stuff is stupid. Then add the absolutely retarded levels of analysis on top of it, and I have to wonder if some of you even actually enjoy just watching this show.

They felt like making Jake the Snake a computer-illiterate Cobra henchman who fingerbanged the Baroness. They felt like making Storm Shadow a Cosby sweater-wearing dad. They're jokes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

GD_American posted:

It's a danger with kids too. The zinc can burn a whole through the stomach lining. Also, zinc poisoning is really really lovely (as I found out one day after cutting out a bunch of galvanized piping with a torch).

Because this "it must literally be making fun of this character" "no it must be making fun of this character" stuff is stupid. Then add the absolutely retarded levels of analysis on top of it, and I have to wonder if some of you even actually enjoy just watching this show.

They felt like making Jake the Snake a computer-illiterate Cobra henchman who fingerbanged the Baroness. They felt like making Storm Shadow a Cosby sweater-wearing dad. They're jokes.

I'm glad there's a non-sperg to tell me how to enjoy a show. That's really not :spergin: at all.

People are going to enjoy this however they want and insisting that we don't dissect every joke and reference is just going to end poorly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

GD_American posted:

But what if Jake the Snake is Rusty's (and the Monarch's :wink:) long-lost uncle?

Cloks posted:

I'm glad there's a non-sperg to tell me how to enjoy a show. That's really not :spergin: at all.

People are going to enjoy this however they want and insisting that we don't dissect every joke and reference is just going to end poorly.

I agree page after page of people posting inane pet theories is amusing.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 18, 2013

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Cloks posted:

Dissect, don't eviscerate!

Anyway, let's do that and stop arguing about who's watching the show correctly, it's really stupid.

So who else was a big dummy that didn't get the long division/short division jokes at first?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Cloks posted:

I'm not telling you how to enjoy a show (hmmm failure to comprehend basic social interaction, what's that signify)

I'm saying some of you tear this show into such goddamned tiny chunks I don't even see how you can enjoy this show.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Here's a bit of a gif dump. I went through my favorite moments was going to use one of these as a new avatar, but I figured maybe some folks here would be interested in using some of them. "The lightning cannon suuuuucks" is hands down my favorite line delivery.
pre:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

GD_American posted:

I'm saying some of you tear this show into such goddamned tiny chunks I don't even see how you can enjoy this show.

How do you have that reg date and post this comment, you just summed up the entire TVIV thread.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

xxEightxx posted:

How do you have that reg date and post this comment, you just summed up the entire TVIV thread.

yeah if we had five Venture Brothers threads we could probably cover the entire autism spectrum pretty well

six if you wanna throw a bone to the neurotypicals

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I think we can all agree though this current season is still drat awesome and I'm pretty drat pumped for the next episode.

Cigar?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

What's the best episode title?

I'm partial to Perchance to Dean.

Return to Spider-skull Island because it sounds so dramatic and the way it actually ties back into the episode is just so wonderfully limp

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I don't smoke.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Here's a bit of a gif dump. I went through my favorite moments was going to use one of these as a new avatar, but I figured maybe some folks here would be interested in using some of them. "The lightning cannon suuuuucks" is hands down my favorite line delivery.

I'm torn between RoboBo and the Nozzle. :allears:

Escape to the House of Mummies Pt. II is my favorite episode title and it also has one of the funnier one-group-in-the-episode-accomplish-absolutely-nothing subplots.

Action Tortoise fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 18, 2013

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Action Tortoise posted:

I'm torn between RoboBo and the Nozzle. :allears:

Escape to the House of Mummies Pt. II is my favorite episode title and it also has one of the funnier one-group-in-the-episode-accomplish-absolutely-nothing subplots.

AS has been covered before, I love how they do a "part 2" without the part one, and then tease part 3 and never do it.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

I came up with this one today: The Monarch is actually a 1st generation Rusty clone that didn't come out the way Jonas wanted, so he adopted him out.

My theory is that Jonas wanted a son in order to have the boy-adventurer role filled on his team, so he paid the Monarch's family fucktons of money in order to buy their kid. (And yeah, it falls apart the second you look at J.J.)

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Then what? He gave him back? Monarch's family died traveling with him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Angular Landbury posted:

I had assumed the guy with the robot gauntlet was a reference to Iron-Hand Hauptmann, a semi-retired Marvel villain from WWII.

I think Sphinx Commander cut off the hand he fingered Sphinx Commander's girlfriend with.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Dynamite Dog posted:

Then what? He gave him back? Monarch's family died traveling with him.

No, he bought Rusty. Looked at the two kids and picked the less deranged one.

e: Look, this theory totally held up at 3am when I was hosed up on sleeping pills, okay?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Has there ever been any mention of Rusty's mother?

(other than Rusty's womb-flashbacks in season 1)

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

pre:

What episode is this from? I don't remember it at all.

PostNouveau posted:

I think Sphinx Commander cut off the hand he fingered Sphinx Commander's girlfriend with.

The best theory yet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Silver Gadget posted:

What episode is this from? I don't remember it at all.

It's from Handsome Ransom.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm glad to see my favorite line from the episode is the thread title now. :allears:

You know, I feel really bad for Gary. Dude just wants to try and find some purpose in his life circumstances that are in no way his fault keep getting in the way. He's competent and capable, he's just having the worst luck.

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by
I think the better line was "Zap! Sizzle! Acid magnet! AHHHAHAHAHAHA!"

Regardless of the plot twists this show has, it's still one of the funniest on TV. The constant storyline cliffhangers just add to the "I gotta watch the next episode ASAP" factor.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

Reset Smith posted:

And you didn't think you had it in you to be evil.

Evil? I wouldn't stretch it that far :q:

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat
Didn't see this one posted but Jackson Publick posted another update on the shirts:

Jackson Publick Tumblr posted:

Hello, valued members of The Venture Bros. Shirt-of-the-Week-Club…

Some of you are wondering: “Where are my shirts?”

The short answer is: “Your shirts will start shipping super-soon.”

As you know, Shirt Club shirts are printed to order—meaning we don’t make a bunch of them ahead of time, and we don’t make more than are ordered. This is why they are so jazzily “limited edition” and coveted by all. It also means we don’t place our order for shirts with our shirt providers until the ordering period for that shirt is closed. For example, the subscriptions and individual ordering period for Week 1’s HankCo and Palaemon shirts ended on June 9th. We tallied, organized, and triple-checked all those orders, then placed our order with our shirt printer on the 11th.

HERE’S THE THING: It is a shitload of shirts. The response to this season’s Shirt Club was so overwhelming that it was, well… frankly overwhelming. American Apparel needed a few extra days to come up with all the blank shirts we needed. And our silk screen printers needed a few extra days to print them. In fact, they’ve been busy at it for a few days now. Compounding the issue was our decision to release TWO different shirt designs in our inaugural week.

But we’re all on top of it now and everything’s on track. The HankCo and Palaemon shirts will be delivered to our Titmouse satellite facility this week, and an eager staff of Honorary AstroBase cadets and Soulbots will immediately begin packing them in ludicrously well-designed custom envelopes, carefully inserting lovingly printed Hankbucks, and sending them on their way. Once they start, shipments will go out at the end of each and every day, insuring we’re getting them to you literally as fast as we possibly can (This is seriously a lot of shirts!).

The order for Week 2’s “U.R.G.H!” shirts has already been placed, and now that everyone knows what to expect and our systems are all in place, things should move a lot smoother for future shipments.

You will all be happy soon. We promise. Like The Venture Bros. itself, VB Shirt Club is worth the wait and eager to please! Ask anyone who was a member last time!

We Love You,

JP

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

pre:

I'm really debating getting the Dean Jedi one, but I have no idea what I'd even put as avatar text.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Friends Are Evil posted:

I'm really debating getting the Dean Jedi one, but I have no idea what I'd even put as avatar text.

Maybe something from Futurama?

If anyone asks, you're my debugger!

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

e: Bit the bullet.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 19, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brilliant, I love it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

JetsGuy posted:

52 = COUNTRY = US & G...

....the last line is hard to make out... in order:

E or F
O or 0
D (not B, the other angle gives it away)
I or L
E or F

"Geodiff," he recites it to White a little later and White reluctantly joins in with the da Vinci Code game by telling him it's a URL.

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.

Picking up this one. Thanks!

Valhalska fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 19, 2013

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

2house2fly posted:

"Geodiff," he recites it to White a little later and White reluctantly joins in with the da Vinci Code game by telling him it's a URL.

Oh wait, I remember that I was confused about how White knew it was a URL. I still am because I have no idea what White actually does.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
THE NOZZLE and Dean Jedi gifs are great.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think Hatred as the mom figure works really well, but it's making this show's sausage partyness even starker than usual.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm glad to see my favorite line from the episode is the thread title now. :allears:

I just watched it and was hoping this was the new thread title. I loving lost it at that line.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

2house2fly posted:

GeoTIFF.

Its metadata for encoding geographic data into an image file.

Pete knew this because he's a computer scientist.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dibs on the Hatred vomiting one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sash! posted:

GeoTIFF.

Its metadata for encoding geographic data into an image file.

Pete knew this because he's a computer scientist.
I prefer to think that he knew it because he spends sixteen hours a day on the Internet.