Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Phy posted:

She burnt the old lady's house down... or she was the old lady?? :stonk:

No, her name is Loretta and she lives across the street from the old lady.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Do you know that he didn't know anything about Hulk Hogan or are you just assuming that Australians in general don't? Because we get WWE on TV and I think Hulk Hogan is probably as well-known here as in America (which is to say less so now than in the '90s). I've even seen Suburban Commando on TV.

quote:

A very green rookie wrestler named Hulk Hogan toured Japan several times with Andre and witnessed the Giant’s alcohol consumption first hand. According to Hogan, Andre drank, at a minimum, a case of tall boys during each bus ride. When he finished a can Andre would belch, crush the can in his dinner-platter-sized hand, and bounce the empty off the back of Hogan’s head. Hogan learned to count each thunk, so he could anticipate when Andre was running low. Whenever the bus stopped, it was Hogan’s job to scamper off to the nearest store, buy as many cases of beer as he could carry, and make it back before the bus departed, a sight that never failed to make Andre roar his bassoon-like laugh.

I will never get tired of this story.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

rejutka posted:

No, her name is Loretta and she lives across the street from the old lady.

Please, she prefers Lottie.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

AlistairCookie posted:

From here. If you have kids, or know anything about Max and Ruby, perhaps you too will piss yourself with laughter like I did at this picture.

This is really far back, but gently caress you. I watched the video on that page. :cry:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

What really gets me is that the dude was Australian and barely knew a thing about Hulk Hogan or wrestling. He just wanted those meat shoes to be real, so he made it happen. A foreigner who, like so many before him, caught some small glimpse of the American dream and decided to make himself a part of it.

As an Australian who grew up in the 80s, at that time Hulk Hogan was more famous here than Paul Hogan, no joke.

Sing along everybody!

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric....825717A000733F1

:raise:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

KillHour posted:

This is really far back, but gently caress you. I watched the video on that page. :cry:

I honestly wasn't really that disturbed by that video... just reminded me of how things are out in the country.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beach Bum posted:

I honestly wasn't really that disturbed by that video... just reminded me of how things are out in the country.

They could have probably done without actually showing her slaughtering a rabbit. I wasn't expecting that when it came up. The sound of that metal bat... :gonk:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

KillHour posted:

They could have probably done without actually showing her slaughtering a rabbit. I wasn't expecting that when it came up. The sound of that metal bat... :gonk:

Oh god, I just watched that, and the *clunk* of the bat made me want to play TF2 again. I'm horrible.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

True Story: In one of my B. Ed. classes, we were looking at books meant for young children, and I spotted one by Rosemary Wells. I commented aloud "Oh this is by that woman who created that awful Max and Ruby show." One girl in my class suddenly burst out with "GOD RUBY IS A loving oval office!"

Cue massive silence, while she realizes what she just said and claps her hand over her mouth cartoonishly. Finally someone said "At least someone had the balls to say it."

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Wax Dynasty posted:

Please, she prefers Lottie.

She does not look 15.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They're old photos, I've seen that photo of Bella Vista burning for a few years now.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

:stonk:

Sosiz
Nov 8, 2009

syscall girl posted:

I will never get tired of this story.

There are alot of more stories of him in the Modern Drunkard Magazine http://www.drunkard.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html

quote:

First, consider the number 7,000. It’s an important number, and a rather scary one considering its context, which is this—it has been estimated that Andre the Giant drank 7,000 calories worth of booze every day. The figure doesn’t include food. Just booze.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

That actually makes me sad. Nobody is going to be able to help him with that, and getting a new Mac will cost him over a thousand bucks. :smith:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Yeah, but do they have any of that beer with candy floating in it? Skittlebrau?

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
I prefer PowerBrau

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

TShields posted:

That actually makes me sad. Nobody is going to be able to help him with that, and getting a new Mac will cost him over a thousand bucks. :smith:

I would help him! Looks like my old 7300/200. :D

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

He could be bringing it in just to show it off! When I worked a tech store old guys would always bring some old tech in to show off and shoot the poo poo with us.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fried Watermelon posted:

He could be bringing it in just to show it off! When I worked a tech store old guys would always bring some old tech in to show off and shoot the poo poo with us.

Or he could be recycling it. I'm pretty sure that Apple stores (as do a lot of stores nowadays) accept old computers to be recycled.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

No he's probably delusional and about to die.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

me your dad posted:

No he's probably delusional and about to die.

I worked in a Mac store back when those were current (I think its 7200 series?), but back then old guys would roll in with Mac Plus and Mac 512s and then get angry when we couldn't repair them or sell them new software. So you're probably right.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Yep, that's a dog in a beekeeper suit.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

edit: tinypic what the gently caress

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Jul 5, 2013

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

edit: tinypic what the gently caress

I like this one better.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

Well then he should have turned the pizza into a salad

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ensign_Ricky posted:

True Story: In one of my B. Ed. classes, we were looking at books meant for young children, and I spotted one by Rosemary Wells. I commented aloud "Oh this is by that woman who created that awful Max and Ruby show." One girl in my class suddenly burst out with "GOD RUBY IS A loving oval office!"

Cue massive silence, while she realizes what she just said and claps her hand over her mouth cartoonishly. Finally someone said "At least someone had the balls to say it."

The show is loving terrible. I watch it and get irrationally angry for whatever reason. Something about the characters.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Trips posted:

Yep, that's a dog in a beekeeper suit.

What if he has to pee?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sagebrush posted:

What if he has to pee?

It turns into a peekeeper suit, obviously.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is there supposed to be a bee-sized hole in the top?

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
A dog can handle bees if they come at her single file.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
They need to rotate the hood so the hole isn't above her, then, since she can't look up.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
I was at Radioshack the other day and on the typically side-of-rack graphics panels I found this little gem.

Had a good laugh with the employees about it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The long-lost Nintendo 128 controller.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Trig Discipline posted:

They need to rotate the hood so the hole isn't above her, then, since she can't look up.

Is there anybody who actually unironically believes that dogs can't look up? Because that belief would rely on not having seen a dog, ever.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

Is there anybody who actually unironically believes that dogs can't look up? Because that belief would rely on not having seen a dog, ever.

I think he was referring to the restrictive hood of the aforementioned beekeeper's suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
No, I was referring to the "fact" that dogs can't look up. It was a joke, albeit possibly not a great one.

• Locked thread