Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Leal posted:

Do we have the same cousin? Mine is also 12 and irritating as all loving get out. For example: Playing dumb, or not having basic "problem" solving skills. We were eating out, my uncle gives my cousin his credit card and ID. Cut to an argument with him insisting he doesn't know why his dad gave him those two things and his dad saying "Why else would I give you these things at a restaurant?" that lasts 5 minutes.

My aunt is convinced the kid is literally mentally retarded (he's not; he's below average intelligence at worse) and constantly freaks out about how he has no future.

Jesus gently caress, woman, the kid has problems but his biggest disability is you. If you give up on him now, it's your fault. :argh:

That's a bit more than a pet peeve, though, so here is something a little lighter:

My mother's friend has a dog. A Papillon, to be specific. If you don't know that breed, it's a fluffy little yappy idiot-dog, and this particular one is thirteen years old, insecure, neurotic, deaf, stupid, and afraid of everything. He freaks out if you look at him too sternly, and he barks his stupid fluffball head off at anything that isn't his owner and whines constantly when she's not within line of sight.

He's cute, though. Irritating as anything, but cute. I love animals but Jesus H. Christ, dog, you test my patience.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Jul 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Motherfucking cocksucking team building exercises at work.

Managers: All right everyone, we are no longer doing Y, instead we are doing X.

Everyone else: Okay, cool.

Managers: Now we will discuss why.

*twenty minutes later* TEAM BUILDING EXERCISE WITH AWESOME PRIZE AT THE END!

Everyone does a 30 minute timed loving 'put stickers in this paper in a certain order' and then each group has to count how many right they got!

The awesome prize was one drawn random raffle ticket, prize was to park under the covered parking for a month.

OH, and then everyone regathers as a huge group to discuss again why we are doing X and not Y.

This is at a Saturday meeting at 8 loving am. It lasted two hours.

Guys who put all the contraception needs on the woman. Because they hate condoms, and in a committed relationship and don't want kids, but will never get a vasectomy because NEEDLES NEAR MY BALLS. Oh, and they loving freak at the idea of a pregnancy and insist if 'she does get knocked up, we have a flight of stairs.'

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who ask you for help with something, and then yell at you when you don't read their minds and do it in their often completely batshit and inefficient way to do it. My roommate does this a lot. She'll ask me for help doing the dishes or something to get it done faster- alright, that's fair. So I go to help her and she screams at me because I don't do it to her exact specifications- but she never tells me what she wants done!

Jesus christ, woman, I get that you're neurotic as gently caress, but go get some pills or something, jesus.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Unsolicited advice, usually in the form of subtlety bragging about how they did what you're trying to do so much better than you.

I'm working on planning a wedding. At this point I wish I hadn't told anyone that I was engaged until all the wedding plans were set in stone because goddamn I'm about to punch everyone in the face.

I don't mind bouncing ideas off people and listening to people who've recently gone through the wedding planning process. It's the people who hear the word "wedding" and immediately beeline straight to you and interrupt whatever you were talking about so they can brag about the fact that they only spent $2 on their wedding and their wife wore a curtain she found in a dumpster as her dress and people who spend more than that are chumps. How much I do or do not spend on my wedding is none of your goddamn business. Weddings are a (in theory) once in a lifetime event, it's okay to splurge a bit! It's not like I'm charging admission so why do you care how much I spend?

I am literally punching the next person who exclaims "but you're too young!". I'll be 25 when I walk down the aisle. It's not like I'm some dumb teenager running away with their ~*high school sweetheart*~ DEAL WITH IT. I have a bitterly single older coworker who always makes passive aggressive comments about how I'm too young to get married and it's really wearing on my nerves. My life decisions are no one's business but mine (and my fiance's, at this point). If they don't work out it will not affect anyone else in any way, shape or form so get out of my drat business. If you don't approve, keep your mouth shut.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I am literally punching the next person who exclaims "but you're too young!". I'll be 25 when I walk down the aisle. It's not like I'm some dumb teenager running away with their ~*high school sweetheart*~ DEAL WITH IT. I have a bitterly single older coworker who always makes passive aggressive comments about how I'm too young to get married and it's really wearing on my nerves. My life decisions are no one's business but mine (and my fiance's, at this point). If they don't work out it will not affect anyone else in any way, shape or form so get out of my drat business. If you don't approve, keep your mouth shut.

Like I said earlier, I'm a cashier at a grocery store, and I get that poo poo a lot. Granted, I do look like I'm 16 because of my baby face, but even when I tell them I'm 21, it's still too young for them. It's the same situation - I didn't run off with a "high school sweetheart" or anything - I lived with this woman for drat near two and a half years, and I decided I wanted to do that for the rest of my life. They can go gently caress themselves if they don't approve.

I used to get that a lot from my uber-conservative grandparents, and they said I needed to go out and explore more, but somehow it got to them that I was having sex with her before marriage, and then they REALLY rushed me. The sooner I got married, the sooner I wasn't living in sin, I suppose.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Lyrics databases and similar sites which have placeholder pages.

When I search for information, I don't want the served your page first off only to see 'Sorry, nobody's posted those yet!'

Don't have yourself indexed for content that doesn't exist.

:sigh:

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Tex Avery posted:

Like I said earlier, I'm a cashier at a grocery store, and I get that poo poo a lot. Granted, I do look like I'm 16 because of my baby face, but even when I tell them I'm 21, it's still too young for them. It's the same situation - I didn't run off with a "high school sweetheart" or anything - I lived with this woman for drat near two and a half years, and I decided I wanted to do that for the rest of my life. They can go gently caress themselves if they don't approve.

To be fair, getting married when you make 8 bucks an hour sounds like a real bad idea.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
People who hate every song/movie/video game aside from like, 3 or 4 and won't loving shut up about them. Look dude, I like poo poo. I really like almost ever media i listen too, artistic or just silly. Stop trying to tell me to be "cultured" okay? I like artsy poo poo too, I just don't exclusively like it.

Another one, loving self proclaimed "random" people. Just shut up, you're obnoxious okay?

This one is a little job specific but... lemons. loving lemons. I wash dishes at an Italian place and lemons always get loving everywhere. Ever glass that comes back, lemons. In the sink, on every surface, on the ground in the cutlery bin and in the loving dish trays so that they clog up the dishwasher and I have to reach in and burn my arm digging it out. gently caress lemons.

And finally, that loving We R Young song from last year I think. I'm not one of those "modern music :arrgh:" types but I hate that song. It played every couple bloody runs and I just really hate it. I will never like anything that band makes because of that song. gently caress me.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

People who hate every song/movie/video game aside from like, 3 or 4 and won't loving shut up about them. Look dude, I like poo poo. I really like almost ever media i listen too, artistic or just silly. Stop trying to tell me to be "cultured" okay? I like artsy poo poo too, I just don't exclusively like it.

Another one, loving self proclaimed "random" people. Just shut up, you're obnoxious okay?

I love every music except rap and country! Oh and I'm totally random!!! xoxo

Looks like you, sir, have eliminated 99.9 % of your OKCupid matches. :smugbert:

E: oops not exactly what you said. But my pet peeve is still "I hate every music except rap and country." Because they are morons.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Another one, comes courtesy of my dad, in the vain of the "rap and country" idiots. He makes up ideas about movies he's NEVER loving SEEN just to spite me. He'll talk about how much he loving love all these lovely movies I didn't like and then go on and on about how bad "Rocky" is. gently caress you rear end in a top hat, you've never seen it. People who do this in general are awful. I don't care what your favorite youtube reviewer said okay? Don't tell me Portal is your favorite game or how much you hate Batman and Robin when you haven't experienced them. Yes, Portal owns and B&R is horrible but YOU SHOULDN'T KNOW THAT. You sit through the lovely movie? Then you can bitch.

I've got more, people with greasy hair. You look disgusting. Shower twice a day if you must but don't leave your house like that.

E: I don't know how I forgot this but the friendzone. gently caress anyone using that term and gently caress the pathetic loving sub culture of fuckers it's bread.

Austrian mook has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Jul 15, 2013

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Austrian mook posted:

And finally, that loving We R Young song from last year I think. I'm not one of those "modern music :arrgh:" types but I hate that song. It played every couple bloody runs and I just really hate it. I will never like anything that band makes because of that song. gently caress me.

If that's the song I think it is, it's by a band called fun.. Yes, fun., with the period and lowercase. One of the most pretentious band names I've ever seen, and that song is the most over-rated song in years. It's annoying, and it's trying way too hard to make bar hopping sound like some epic event. The band Fun sucks.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The chorus to that song is like the most hair-metal thing in the past 20 years. The first few times I heard it I didn't even realize it was a new song—I thought it was some crap late '80s power ballad I'd forgotten.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Twat McTwatterson posted:

To be fair, getting married when you make 8 bucks an hour sounds like a real bad idea.

If I may defend myself, I wasn't a minimum wage slave when I got married. I was working in a decent industry, striving towards an even better job, when I got laid off from the job I was working at the time. Now there's nothing else in the area I'm qualified for that pays well, and I can't afford to move, so I just work as a cashier because it's right across the street from me and it pays the bills until something better comes along.

Another pet peeve of mine, in order to stay on topic - people who drive through parking lots and act surprised when there is someone walking through it. I walk 500 feet from my front door to the grocery store I work at, and every drat day there's someone who glares at me like I'm walking in the middle of the street or something.

Tex Avery has a new favorite as of 11:38 on Jul 15, 2013

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
"It is what it is" is the bane of my existence. In general, I hate obvious sayings that serve no purpose, but I hear this one the most. I work in a grocery store, so everybody is always explaining away work related hardships with this awful catchphrase and I always point out how retarded it is.

It is what it is? Oh thanks, I feel so much better now. Not only is it loving stupid, but it's an incredibly defeatist attitude, as well.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

What is so bad about not liking country or rap music? I mean both of those genres seem to have an entire culture that goes with them, so it seems like a lot of people wouldn't like those genres of music.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

Austrian mook posted:

Another one, comes courtesy of my dad, in the vain of the "rap and country" idiots. He makes up ideas about movies he's NEVER loving SEEN just to spite me. He'll talk about how much he loving love all these lovely movies I didn't like and then go on and on about how bad "Rocky" is. gently caress you rear end in a top hat, you've never seen it. People who do this in general are awful. I don't care what your favorite youtube reviewer said okay? Don't tell me Portal is your favorite game or how much you hate Batman and Robin when you haven't experienced them. Yes, Portal owns and B&R is horrible but YOU SHOULDN'T KNOW THAT. You sit through the lovely movie? Then you can bitch.

gently caress YOU DAD :emo:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I understand that it is hot (for England at least) so people will be sweating a fair bit.

However if you sit within a metre of me and your bodily smell causes my nose to start running, you need some better deodorant.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Geokinesis posted:

I understand that it is hot (for England at least) so people will be sweating a fair bit.

However if you sit within a metre of me and your bodily smell causes my nose to start running, you need some better deodorant.

This. If you're going to be in public with other people, clean yourself. I hate being in a crowd of people and stuck next to someone who doesn't use deodorant (or not enough).

Also bathing yourself in Axe/cologne is not a shower substitute. It doesn't cover up the smell. You just smell like Axe AND BO.

joshsboringlife
Apr 21, 2011

All I did was offer to kill your dog and the next thing I know I am being judged.
I don't care if you bought a ticket to stand around with a crowd of people, if the entire event is nothing more than someone spinning records it is NOT A CONCERT. Guys like Skrillex aren't musicians, they're sound effects coordinators. I supposed if I go to a theater and watch Through The Never in a few months I can tell everyone I went to a Metallica concert.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
People who open a bag of chips (or crisps w/e) upside down. Why would you do that? And why does it bother me?

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

rodbeard posted:

What is so bad about not liking country or rap music? I mean both of those genres seem to have an entire culture that goes with them, so it seems like a lot of people wouldn't like those genres of music.

The issue is the blanket statement earlier where someone likes everything but rap and country. There's roughly a billion reasons why it's a dumb statement. First being that a person probably doesn't like every non rap/country genre because there's a ton and a lot of them have very small followings, and that's without stretching it further and going with tribal music or something of that ilk. The primary issue is that people usually denounce both genres without listening to anything at all from either genre. Both genres are pretty broad overall. For example if you want to stretch country out, you end up with folk, bluegrass, and southern/country rock which overlaps a lot of people's favorite genre. CCR and Lynyrd Skynyrd are fairly universally popular and I'd hedge to bet a lot of people in question will listen to them (along with Johnny Cash who's closer to the country people think of when they hear the genre). Rap falls under this too.

Of course someone making a statement like that probably isn't dividing out the genres into likes and dislikes, however, it is still ignorant as hell and mostly shows that they've already made an opinion on everything in that genre without giving it so much as a listen. I'm not a huge fan of either genre, however, there's specific songs and artists I really like in each genre, not all rap is the stereotype people put on it.

E: I realize if a song/album comes out in a genre you don't prefer, obviously you'll probably shy away from it, what I'm trying to get at is ignorantly denouncing an entire very broad genre of music without giving it the slightest thought.

As for my pet peeve, I hate when my drat earphones get caught on something, then when I make any small movement, they immediately pop out. I could have been listening to some network revealing that I just won the lottery and that would still ruin my mood.

marioinblack has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Jul 15, 2013

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'm not huge on country but Bluegrass loving rules.

Content: When the News feels the need to publicize the names of murder victims, especially when it goes along with a description of how they died. Just let the guy rest in peace man :(. Also, both the irrational love and hatred of dubstep. Just shut up about it.

E: Just thought of this. That Keep Calm and Cary On logo? gently caress that and every iteration. I could never see any parody of that again in my life and it would be too many. It's beyond old.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

E: Just thought of this. That Keep Calm and Cary On logo? gently caress that and every iteration. I could never see any parody of that again in my life and it would be too many. It's beyond old.

:v:

Mosquitos, and that if I know there is one in the room my body keeps feeling them on me when they aren't.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

And so many are completely wrong. "Keep Calm, Jeter is Back." What the gently caress does that even mean?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Geokinesis posted:

:v:

Mosquitos, and that if I know there is one in the room my body keeps feeling them on me when they aren't.

No, even that. I don't want to see another loving picture of that as long as I live. Full stop.

Content: I went to a Chinese Night Market here in Vancouver and out of all of the little tent shops, about 40% were for phone cases. Why are people so into phone cases? I'll never understand.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

mwells_cubed posted:

"It is what it is" is the bane of my existence. In general, I hate obvious sayings that serve no purpose, but I hear this one the most. I work in a grocery store, so everybody is always explaining away work related hardships with this awful catchphrase and I always point out how retarded it is.

It is what it is? Oh thanks, I feel so much better now. Not only is it loving stupid, but it's an incredibly defeatist attitude, as well.

This. It's the laziest response for someone that doesn't feel like explaining or having a proper explanation for something.

"Why can't I do x instead of z? It's so stupid because I should be able to do x because of y". "It is what it is". Oh please do shut up. I'd rather hear, "I don't know" because obviously you don't, otherwise you wouldn't say "it is what it is".

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Umbilical Lotus posted:

You complain that you're hot, and they just happen to live in Texas, or California, or Arkansas, or Gehenna, where it's 110 degrees Celsius, in the shade, on a good day.

This variation on your peeve is one of mine. Competitive regionalism is loving obnoxious. "What's with all the tree stumps around here?" "Oh, we had this bad set of thunderstorms come through last summer, and there was a microb-" "On no, no you don't know what bad thunderstorms are. I'm from the midwest and we get real storms there. You guys have no idea." Look, I was just answering your question about the tree stumps, you have my humblest apologies for suggesting that bad weather occurs outside of Minnesota. I also lived in Canada for a few years, and while I loved the people and the country, you got a fair amount of this kind of thing there, especially if you're an American. Oh, sure, they'll laugh their asses off at the American tourists coming to Toronto in June to see polar bears, but suggest there's any winter weather in the US and suddenly Canadians are walrus skin wrapped tundra-dwellers. I'd bitch about the cold in Boston and suddenly I've got some guy who's lived in Victoria all his life telling me I don't know what cold is. Oh, just shut the hell up.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Geokinesis posted:

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

This. If you're going to be in public with other people, clean yourself. I hate being in a crowd of people and stuck next to someone who doesn't use deodorant (or not enough).

Also bathing yourself in Axe/cologne is not a shower substitute. It doesn't cover up the smell. You just smell like Axe AND BO.

Even at the gym, this is obnoxious. It's one thing to regularly shower and wear deodorant and still push yourself really hard, but there are people who clearly walked through the door without any deodorant on, and now smell like a bag of smashed assholes. I shouldn't have to lose momentum during a workout set because your BO is waging an assault on my senses, and I shouldn't be trapped in it for 20-25 minutes because you picked a nearby treadmill/bike/elliptical. You loving stink. I don't care where you came from, this is the gym, it's a small place with lots of people who sweat. Wear deodorant.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:

jiharlequinade posted:

This variation on your peeve is one of mine. Competitive regionalism is loving obnoxious. "What's with all the tree stumps around here?" "Oh, we had this bad set of thunderstorms come through last summer, and there was a microb-" "On no, no you don't know what bad thunderstorms are. I'm from the midwest and we get real storms there. You guys have no idea."

That reminds me of people who think that their city has the worst drivers (and use it as a positive thing to show how badass they are). EVERYONE THINKS THAT THEIR CITY HAS THE WORST DRIVERS. They don't. I'm from Boston where this mindset is particularly bad, and it's like a point of pride for some people. I've been to almost every major city in the US by this point, and the only difference I've noticed is that west of the Mississippi there's a lot more space and wider roads so it seems less congested and chaotic. In the Northeast during rush hour the roads get clogged with people doing stupid poo poo and ya it seems a little more crazy but honestly it's all pretty much the same from Boston to Philly to NYC to Pittsburgh to [insert city with 200k+ people here].

Outside of the US I can start to rate i'm-gonna-die-ness by region but here in North America driving is really well regulated and you'll be fine anywhere. So bad drivers aren't my pet peeve as much as "showing off" about [big city x]'s crazy road rules and how it makes those people more tough! It's all the same.

Quatrefoil
Feb 13, 2010
People think their city has the worst everything. Each and every time there's a thread about someone doing something horrible one of the first posts is a variation of "Living/having lived in X this doesn't surprise me at all".

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eh! Frank posted:

The band Fun sucks.

Their first album is one of the best pop albums released in the last ten years, and I will fight you about this. :colbert:

Peeve I have isn't when bands sell out -- it's when they sell out and suck out loud right after. People always assume I'm being a gigantic rear end in a top hat when I complain about Some Nights, but they never step back and compare the album to how amazing and well put-together Aim and Ignite was.

Also the word "hipster".

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Along this line, when people get really, really personal about the music you like - I've known at least three people who've gotten worked up about the fact that I love We Are Young and try to talk me out of it, like I'm about to jump off a building ledge. The same thing happened with Somebody That I Used To Know. It's a rad song and I'm not a cultureless heathen for liking it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Along this line, when people get really, really personal about the music you like - I've known at least three people who've gotten worked up about the fact that I love We Are Young and try to talk me out of it, like I'm about to jump off a building ledge. The same thing happened with Somebody That I Used To Know. It's a rad song and I'm not a cultureless heathen for liking it.

It's so easy to rile these people up. Tell them you also like Nickelback and Creed

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

It's so easy to rile these people up. Tell them you also like Nickelback and Creed

What kind of music do I like? Well, I mostly listen to movie soundtracks. The new Fast and Furious is pretty good have you heard it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
People that love to linger in my blind spot. Not cause I can't see them, I'll gladly stick to the right side of the road as I'm more of a "casual driver", its that someone who is going to be a jackass like that probably wont check HIS blindspot and see me if he decides to merge onto my lane and I wont see it coming.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Leal posted:

People that love to linger in my blind spot. Not cause I can't see them, I'll gladly stick to the right side of the road as I'm more of a "casual driver", its that someone who is going to be a jackass like that probably wont check HIS blindspot and see me if he decides to merge onto my lane and I wont see it coming.

I'm not blaming you for this, I'm blaming a thousand lovely driver's ed classes, but if you set your side-view mirrors properly, you won't have a blindspot.

Granted, if you have a large vehicle (SUV, big truck, etc...) you may still have a small blindspot, but on 2-doors, sedans, wagons, etc... it completely eliminates them.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

p.crestmont posted:

What kind of music do I like?
"Everything except rap and country".

("Rap and eastern" where I live, which parallels neatly)

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Right now, there's someone reading the thread fuming and trying to figure out how to write the attack as a pet peeve.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
People who throw trash out of their car. I would shoot people who do this if it was legal. loving rednecks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Another one of my pet hates is people who say "I'm not being horrible but..." or "I'm not being racist but..." or anything like this, because it is always 100% of the time followed straight away by the most racist/offensive/bigoted comment. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I have more time for someone that is unapologetically offensive than who tries to pretend like they're not when they clearly are. Just saying something is not offensive or racist before you say it doesn't make it so.

• Locked thread