Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ceraph posted:

Am I the only one who didn't notice Yuber has heterochromia until this happened? I've always liked it from a design standpoint and I think it really helps accentuate the "intense psychopath" look he's got going on there.

This is one of the few times I think heterochromia is used decently from a character design perspective - these days it's goddamn everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Well, as far as mutations go, it is pretty groovy. :toot:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I really need to re-read the Suikoden I and II LP's in the archive, I don't remember most of these references.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Podima posted:

This is one of the few times I think heterochromia is used decently from a character design perspective - these days it's goddamn everywhere.
I wouldn't say 'goddamn everywhere,' really. It's pretty rare, just not as rare as it would be in real life. :v:

As for Ross and Brosh, it's pretty fun to think up names for them. Though I doubt they'll be relevant for too much longer.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I really need to re-read the Suikoden I and II LP's in the archive, I don't remember most of these references.

If you're talking about the various names for Klaymen and Klogg, most of them aren't actually Suikoden-related. :haw: Though, brushing up on your I and II is never a bad thing. If we're lucky, Vilk will cover those two when he's done with V.

Endorph posted:

As for Ross and Brosh, it's pretty fun to think up names for them. Though I doubt they'll be relevant for too much longer.

They're relevant for longer than you'd think, actually. Lilly, Happy, and Charle will be around for some of Hugo's chapter 3, so we've got a while before I am no longer forced to come up with new nicknames. It's kinda fun, though, so I might end up missing them when they're no longer plot-relevant.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Huh, good for Biggs and Wedge then.

One definite advantage to this game's split-party approach is a lot more characters get focus than in the usual Suikoden group.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern

Bimmy (sic) and Jimmy Lee

Rash and Pimple

This is fun.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Solt and Peppor need to start shakin' it up if they want to get any screen time once we have actual choices for party members. :sigh:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

One more... for now.

Kyahaha and Gyahaha

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Raitzeno posted:

Solt and Peppor need to start shakin' it up if they want to get any screen time once we have actual choices for party members. :sigh:

Dammit, I was gonna do that one. But you did a better job with that than I would have, so well done. :golfclap:

To everyone, though, I am enjoying these names immensely. :allears:

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Why do you guys keep trying to come up with new names for Statler and Waldorf?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Reed and Samus.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

alcharagia posted:

Reed and Samus.

Yes... that was the joke.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Stroth posted:

Why do you guys keep trying to come up with new names for Statler and Waldorf?

Because giving Donald and Goofy new names will never get old.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Stroth posted:

Yes... that was the joke.

Oh come on, the one time I don't include :v: in my being a smartass. Bet you anything nobody will ever be the Sain to your Kent. :colbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Raitzeno posted:

Not to be confused with Salt and Pepper.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011
I'm sure Conan and Andy will do fine even after they're kicked off the main network of characters.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

yokaiy posted:

Dammit, I was gonna do that one. But you did a better job with that than I would have, so well done. :golfclap:

To everyone, though, I am enjoying these names immensely. :allears:

Feel free to steal it, I'm pretty sure we're all trying to help so that you don't ever have to stop the running joke. :3:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raitzeno posted:

Feel free to steal it, I'm pretty sure we're all trying to help so that you don't ever have to stop the running joke. :3:
The problem with Yokaiy stealing our names for Zorn and Thorn is that it's pretty uncreative. And that they might not even get half of these.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Plus we might get carried away and leave him with no new names for Bill and Ted. And that would be a bummer, dude.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I think that we should call them by their real names Wingus and Dingus.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Bufuman posted:

Plus we might get carried away and leave him with no new names for Bill and Ted. And that would be a bummer, dude.

At which point I start making words up, instead, such as "Codsnipe" and "Gullywherve," leaving everyone confused at whether or not I'm making really obscure references or just pulling letters out of my rear end. :haw:

In response to how many of these I am getting, by the way, only a couple have gone over my head so far. I fully expect you guys to try and come up with the most convoluted, obscure nicknames to remedy this, by the way, at which point I will laugh and weep at the same time.

:allears: You're all the best.

e: Who am I kidding, I've already laughed at a bunch of these. No weeping yet, though.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
What can I say? Toma and Ossa are just memorable, fun guys.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
It is always nice to see Cecil and Kain get some more screen time.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Bruceski posted:

Not to be confused with Salt and Pepper.

Wait, so if those two are Salt 'n Pepa, does that mean that Lilly is Spinderella?

Suddenly their unite attack makes a lot more sense!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

yokaiy posted:

At which point I start making words up, instead, such as "Codsnipe" and "Gullywherve," leaving everyone confused at whether or not I'm making really obscure references or just pulling letters out of my rear end. :haw:

Blather 'n Blatherskite?

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
C'mon Yokaiy, just give Sonny and Cher a chance.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

This is starting to seem really forced.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Phil and Lem!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Thompson and Thompson?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Verant posted:

Thompson and Thompson?

Thomson and Thompson.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dupond et Dupont.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

I'm glad they'll be seeing less use later. I can only handle a bit of Fry and Laurie.

Mesonychoteuthis
Apr 10, 2008
Yeah I doubt I ever used Cyclone and Joker after we didn't have to.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
I wanna play too!

Sacco and Vanzetti
Dr Livingstone and Stanley
Tomax and Xamot

Happyhappy
Oct 9, 2012
Well, no matter how soon before we kick Pierre and Gerard out of the party I'm sure we'll run this joke into the ground first.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Happyhappy posted:

Well, no matter how soon before we kick Gilbert and Sullivan out of the party I'm sure we'll run this joke into the Earth's Core first.

I fixed it for you.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
I'm sure going to miss Pete and Pete when they leave. Good thing they're obviously Stars of Destiny and will return at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Ok seriously guys, we devoted one whole page to the joke about renaming Ren and Stimpy, let's think of another joke to amuse ourselves till the next update.

• Locked thread