Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Well folks, it's been fantastic betting with you, but I think we can safely say that after Rare Akuma vs. Rare Akuma, Salty Bet has to shut down.

Nothing will top that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh, so that was the Saltman himself at the controls? No wonder things were pretty different. I thought the system got a revamp or something.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I hear Rare Akuma is banned, is that just from tournaments? Because although he is broken as gently caress he's one of those guys that are just too mind-bogglingly funny to not have pop up from time to time in the random daytime matches.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
gently caress Dota and LoL, let me stream this in peace.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ogre is going to make some people rich

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Holy poo poo everyone bet on metroid and lost

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hi guys, welcome back to regular salt-

That loving upset :stare:

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
Yesssss, thank you Ogre

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I guess all those jumping attacks are the perfect counter to Metroid's bullshit.

Shoddy
Oct 12, 2012
Just started watching tonight and I guess I missed fan picks. I did see that rare vs. Rare though. :stare:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Office Thug posted:

I hear Rare Akuma is banned, is that just from tournaments? Because although he is broken as gently caress he's one of those guys that are just too mind-bogglingly funny to not have pop up from time to time in the random daytime matches.

Everyone you saw there is still in the casual match rotation. No one gets banned unless they literally break the game (as in, mugen stops functioning) like Omega Tom Hanks did.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Everyone you saw there is still in the casual match rotation. No one gets banned unless they literally break the game (as in, mugen stops functioning) like Omega Tom Hanks did.

Please tell me more. :stare:

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Joined the Illuminatti, this person deserves my money for creating something that has given me so much joy. If it's not fall down funny, it's amazing to watch, and sometimes it's both.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

Please tell me more. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI1rKLQ7mxs

He's one of the famously overpowered joke characters in Mugen, but besides that there's not much to tell. He crashed the game a lot so Salty took him out.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
well that explains everything

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

This lack of a second monitor is really cramping my saltybetting style.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

toasterwarrior posted:

Oh, so that was the Saltman himself at the controls? No wonder things were pretty different. I thought the system got a revamp or something.

I remember when it was always like that and you had to catch him, I'm impressed with the automatic system he has now.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI1rKLQ7mxs

He's one of the famously overpowered joke characters in Mugen, but besides that there's not much to tell. He crashed the game a lot so Salty took him out.

Bullshit, no lineup is complete without Omega Tom Hanks.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Ugh, Grappler just reminded me of DFO, how good it was, and how lame it is that Nexon took it down.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
That fake silver samurai stole all my money.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Palladium posted:

That fake silver samurai stole all my money.

Always remember that the real one doesn't have a space in his name on the betting interface. Whatever he is in-game, the bet system calls him "Silversamurai" while the fake one is "Silver Samurai".

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

Real Bra just introduced a bunch of newcomers to DBZ.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Always remember that the real one doesn't have a space in his name on the betting interface. Whatever he is in-game, the bet system calls him "Silversamurai" while the fake one is "Silver Samurai".

The ~fake~ one is the default silver samurai, he still has really great AI and will wreck pretty much anything, he just isn't stupid overpowered god tier stuff.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

BORK! BORK! posted:

That Rare Akuma mirror drat near broke my brain. Too much poo poo going on at once.
Dueling Katamari supers had me in tears. I was really hoping one would get off the statue of liberty super.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

Catching up on the thread but this is hilarious

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho
Fake WW nearly sent everyone back to the mines.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I made $1200 in the tourney and lost it all betting against Johny Cage :negative:

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

RobTG posted:

That would have been so loving beautiful

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RobTG posted:

Wait, there are people not in the mines after the Ogre/Metroid massacre?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Ogre carried me out of the mines. Always bet Ogre.

maxidious
Sep 25, 2007

Meh
Always bet on MS Paint they'd say.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

maxidious posted:

Always bet on MS Paint they'd say.

That was a clone, though. They're the exception.

The only actual MS Paint you should never bet on is Ogitafanada. He's one of the worst in this game. Most of the others are at least capable of winning.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm watching Darth Maul fight the Red Ranger while listening to samurai champloo. And that is very normal compared to what happened an hour ago.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
They said on Twitter a day or two ago that they just found out howto fix the clone bug, but I saw a clone very recently who who the gently caress knows when they'll fix it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

BiggerJ posted:

They said on Twitter a day or two ago that they just found out howto fix the clone bug, but I saw a clone very recently who who the gently caress knows when they'll fix it.

Probably when they add the 300 or so new characters that are coming soon.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
No DBZ so far. Let's hope this keeps up.

InsomniacTurtle
Aug 8, 2013
Can we download this game somewhere? I went to the website but it only had two characters.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
The characters are all custom made. You would have to download each one individually. Not too sure if Salty uploaded his collection somewhere, probably not though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The thread title is a god drat lie. :mad:

InsomniacTurtle posted:

Can we download this game somewhere? I went to the website but it only had two characters.

You can download MUGEN in a ton of places. If you want the specific characters though, you'll have to go diving through google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxidious
Sep 25, 2007

Meh

BlitzBlast posted:

The thread title is a god drat lie. :mad:

You can download MUGEN in a ton of places. If you want the specific characters though, you'll have to go diving through google.

Did you read rule #2 son?

• Locked thread