Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

VanSandman posted:

What's the game all the touhous come from? 9 transformations upon a loss each more bullshit than the last sounds like my kinda party. I can overlook the anime-ness for that sort of madness.

There you go.

For a more accurate answer, Touhou is a series of indie bullet-hell shooters. It's not a fighting game series at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

As a rule of thumb, bet early. At least with the timer at 10+ seconds left. After that it becomes screwy.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I won 1337 dollars thanks in a fight involving an .exe file.

That's entirely too nerdy so I'm going outside for a while.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

VanSandman posted:

What's the game all the touhous come from? 9 transformations upon a loss each more bullshit than the last sounds like my kinda party. I can overlook the anime-ness for that sort of madness.

Be careful, because a lot of stuff just got added to the roster, including some Touhous that don't do the bullshit final form transformations (plus some that do). Apparently they are fan-creations and not from whatever fighting game the others came from, but I don't know enough about touhou to tell the difference.

Beware of Remilia and Patchouli, at least. They are insanely real and not new.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Man that Fox vs Megaman was tense as gently caress

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Mindblast posted:

As a rule of thumb, bet early. At least with the timer at 10+ seconds left. After that it becomes screwy.

Also refresh once in a while. If your video skips enough you're likely out of sync with everyone else to the point that you'll miss bets.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Cable fight to X-Men theme, gotta be a sign.

e: Nope, X-Man getting X-terminated.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Thi Ginyu is real. All this dude's characters are amazing. They're original too which is really cool.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

Cable fight to X-Men theme, gotta be a sign.

Yeah, of getting bodied like hell.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Never bet on Nate Summers, he's terrible. He always loses. Plus that was REAL GINYU, so you know.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Be careful, because a lot of stuff just got added to the roster, including some Touhous that don't do the bullshit final form transformations (plus some that do). Apparently they are fan-creations and not from whatever fighting game the others came from, but I don't know enough about touhou to tell the difference.

Beware of Remilia and Patchouli, at least. They are insanely real and not new.

Oh, I figured with the glut of touhou fangames out there that somebody would've put together a fighting game for them.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Always bet jazz hands

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

VanSandman posted:

Oh, I figured with the glut of touhou fangames out there that somebody would've put together a fighting game for them.

There's several Touhou fighting games apparently, so yeah some of them are from those. Some are just custom though, I think. I'm not a touhou expert.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

VanSandman posted:

I think there is, I just can't remember what it's called at all. Starts with an I though.

e: "Immaterial and Missing Power", apparently.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
:siren: JAZZ HANDS IMMINENT :siren:

Alarm has been called off. You are now cleared to vacate the mines.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

VanSandman posted:

The transforming touhou's mostly come from this game (list of characters near the bottom):
http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Immaterial_and_Missing_Power

The "transformations" are actually somewhat accurate representations on what its like to play through the games story mode on the highest difficulty, where the story mode is actually more of a bullet hell puzzle game than a fighter.
Amusingly, this game also has probably some of the best netplay of any fighter using a third party client.

Most of the new touhou's don't seem to have transformations, and are custom / not taken from any of the games, but using similar style and mechanics. Some are broken, some are mediocre.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Glad I only went 100 on Kino. Hard to guess on these fighters that have never fought before.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Salty recently highlighted the post-tournament exhibition matches, so you can now watch them all without having to scroll to 4:33:21 or whatever of some gigantic video. Probably worth adding to the OP to show them off.

Rare Akuma vs Rare Akuma: http://www.twitch.tv/saltybet/c/2724493

Alter Amiba vs Ghetto Warmachine: http://www.twitch.tv/saltybet/c/2724439

PegAAAAAAsus x4: http://www.twitch.tv/saltybet/c/2724420

Uppercut x2 vs Sad Claps x2: http://www.twitch.tv/saltybet/c/2724392

(If there is no audio, it's a twitch player bug. Try reloading or opening it anew until it works.)

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 10, 2013

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Touhous used to be a rare thing but they've been popping up frequently since the roster was expanded.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

They added like 300 new chars. Makes betting more fun at least.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Office Thug posted:

Touhous used to be a rare thing but they've been popping up frequently since the roster was expanded.

I think the randomizer might be weighted towards characters with low win:loss counts. Not sure though.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Doomsday is so fast.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Ahaha, Rugal burned me a couple times yesterday, but made me some money on that one.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Office Thug posted:

I'd be happy with it, but it's telling when a new character with no record pops up, and the odds are 4:1 against a character with like a 15-3 record. All the touhou characters are just god tier by default and everyone knows it without even having anything to go off.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Does illuminati auto renew? Went and bought a month so I could see stats but I don't want it to keep charging every month like a subscription.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't understand why 480p is impossible on this stream. I have kickass internet at home and Twitch streams normally work at much higher resolutions, but here 480p is just so stuttery.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Does illuminati auto renew? Went and bought a month so I could see stats but I don't want it to keep charging every month like a subscription.

I don't think it does, you just buy a month worth or three months worth or whatever else.

It doesn't even add to your account automatically, since Salty has to manually activate Illuminati, so I highly doubt he added any kind of renewal.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
:lol: Chrisg sakurigan

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
Hahaha holy poo poo.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

PS3 LAG THE STICK WAS BROKEN

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Whoah, this is an interesting upset.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
I bet against DBZ.........

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Haha Jeice making me rich

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

always bet on dbz

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

It doesn't even add to your account automatically, since Salty has to manually activate Illuminati, so I highly doubt he added any kind of renewal.
It does, I paid for it and within a couple of seconds I had it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How did they make a 3S sprite look a stop motion Clayfighters character?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

How did they make a 3S sprite look a stop motion Clayfighters character?

That's not a 3s sprite.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Infinite Monkeys posted:

It does, I paid for it and within a couple of seconds I had it.

He is very much on top of adding it when he's watching the stream. If you buy while he's asleep, you'll have to wait.

Unless of course he has implemented a brand new automated system within the past day or two.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Welp, guess it's time to waste a few hours again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Metal Meltdown posted:

That's not a 3s sprite.
I only caught the last seconds of that when I was tuning in. Did they mocap an Ibuki or something?

• Locked thread