Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Ex-magical girl bars, giant worms trying to eat civilians, what's the difference?

We have two magical girls in different games, now. Hmmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*gulps, looks nervously to the sides*

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
We're just counting people who have "magical girl" in the high concept, then? Because "magical girl" seems like a decent description for Sun Yue. and Arthur

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Miami has six right now thanks to THE DIAL, since even if you don't count Storms you'd have to count Anna twice.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Don't worry Mad, if Ranbar won't make fun of you I'm sure there are enough people filming you with their smartphoneglasstablets that you're bound to be a Neo-YouTube sensation within the hour.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Kai Tave posted:

Don't worry Mad, if Ranbar won't make fun of you I'm sure there are enough people filming you with their smartphoneglasstablets that you're bound to be a Neo-YouTube sensation within the hour.

Is deliberately including civilians in the line of fire at that point collateral damage or justifiable homicide?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I feel like I should point out that Asagiri is standing on a street and not in a magical girl bar, and I haven't even mentioned magical girl bars in Transeldritch at all yet.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Ettin posted:

I feel like I should point out that Asagiri is standing on a street and not in a magical girl bar, and I haven't even mentioned magical girl bars in Transeldritch at all yet.

We're making a statement, by which I mean it's Ronwayne's fault and you should put the magical girl bar in now.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Well gently caress :suicide:

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
It turns out that rap fights are hard to write.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Since technically it's setting fluff, pasting this from Transeldritch:

quote:

The Something Terrible Forums > Discussion > Robes And Wizard Hats > You're Probably hosed > Statutory Mage: The Magical Girl Megathread
Posted by Magical Weed Angel
Nov 23, 2118 18:46

Welcome to the third revision of the magical girl thread. This thread is for discussion of magical girls, how they operate and support networks. (Remember "majokko watching" and gossip has its own thread in RAWH, YPF is for working mage poo poo.) If it's a girl and it's magic, it probably goes here.

Okay, so what's a magical girl?

The short version is a magical girl is a young girl who can use magic. There are a lot of different kinds! Here are the usuals:

The Real Ones

Your basic type of magical girl, the ones who got actual magic powers. Para-psychic manifestations, heirlooms from wizard dads, hosed a Migou, whatever. The point is that they decided to emulate loving stupid magical girl trends second instead of first, which makes them a little less loving stupid than those other idiots.

Better than all the other majokko posters :smug:: Bakuzene, Half-Life 3, Magical Weed Angel, Plutonium Blonde, Randian Supergirl, Soul Reaper Komachi

Majokko-kei

"Magical girls" actually have their roots in 20th century anime, making everyone here a huge loving weeaboo. When magic became public, girls who were magic started pretending to be "magical girls" for shits and giggles, which is why we have all these retards running around in miniskirts getting shot at by drug lords. Majokko-kei is a fashion trend where you dress up like a magical girl. It got big in the 2050s when Neo-Tokyo was rebuilt and Japanese culture got very upbeat and hopeful, then spread across Asia after the Storm war ended in 2069. It was also big in the 2090s for some reason. Majokko-kei is found worldwide but is only really big in Japan, Korea, Australia and sometimes other APTO countries.

A lot of people into majokko-kei hunt down the magic they need to be actual magical girls but mostly they are cosplaying idiots. Unlike everyone else, majokko-kei only tend to look like idiots, not like poo poo.

Posters who aren't colourblind: Arbitrational Tapir, Cotarnine, Kai Tave, Poison, Take Your Vitamins, The Blue Ghost From Pac-Man, Undead Boris Yeltsin

Magical Government Girls

Shills who joined a government agency. Two thirds of (real) government majokko work for the OOI, so only one third of them actually post here. Magical girls can get gigs anywhere from the FSB to NASA, though. Most agencies recruit them into special programs for the publicity and move them into "adult" jobs once they get too old for this poo poo. Since the Newtype Reg Act the NEG's used majokko-kei to encourage young para-psychics to get their badges, but unless they signed up for anything they are just majokko-kei. Also, some Japanese cities have magical girls in the police force.

Will get you arrested for talking to them: Akathar's Crusade, bakibaki, A GIANT GAY COCK, Gobbledok, Samurai Sakuramori, Supernormal Stacey

Magical Corporate Girls

Shills who get hard for money. Sometimes corporations form them for publicity (and a little private security), sometimes a magical girl snags corporate sponsorship and goes her own way. Corporate majokko have a lot of unique problems, mostly because they are a bunch of idiot fuckers who unironically let a corporation tell them what to do. They are basically the worst.

Libertarian shitheads: 2-XL, BULLETS CURE MAJOKKO, Dinosaur Cards, Hypno-Puncher From Pluto, Magical Tentacle Girl Steve, Mioda, Red Mage

So wait, I'm female and I'm a wizard, is this a thread about me?

Okay, first, shut the hell up you idiot fucker. Second, maybe? If you just do regular wizard things but identify as a girl, probably not. If you're not sure, ask.

I am totally a magical girl, do I have to reveal my identity?

gently caress no. You can just post. Trust us, if you're not legit we'll figure you out. If a trusted poster can vouch for you, I'll add you to the list. If you don't know anyone but you're comfortable PMing evidence, I'm hella trustworthy. (Yes, I was the magical girl in my avatar and I can prove it. Trust me, we're cool.)

Things you will be banned for talking about
• Your talking mascot (take it to the Familiar Megathread in RAWH, or Pet Gulag)
• The OOI or the Arcane Underground (you are dumb as poo poo for even thinking about it)
• loving Deep Ones (don't even ask)
• "Tropes"
• The Magical Girl That Must Not Be Named (you know who you are)
• Phallic imagery
• Anything that should go in majokko.txt
• Secret society conspiracy bullshit
• Anything resembling intelligent, rational discourse

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

What is the view on lycanmojokko, or "were-Magical girls"?

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

What is the view on lycanmojokko, or "were-Magical girls"?

Tumblr's over there, you weaboo. This is talk about real majokko, not some furry bullshit. :smug:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
I don't suppose there are any "magical boys" out there, are there? Arthur kinda-sorta fits the first category, and acts like he's still in the third :D

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Bats are mammalian, but tagers are paranormal things cohabiting in a human. I believe that makes Arthur an otherkin.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I just like the idea that not only do I apparently develop immortality somewhere along the line but also good taste in miniskirts. Everyone needs a hobby, I guess.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Hey yo Mad, Ettin found something for when Anna gets her groove back.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 30, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I am okay with the Homunator.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
If Anna doesn't tell someone they should come with her if they want to live, I will be sorely disappointed.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Overtaken by some strange all-singing, all-dancing disorder, the Trigger Warning cast come together after their latest adventure in Dubai to form a musical theatre troupe, which takes the world by storm in short order. Soon, one tenth of Earth's human population can be found wearing t-shirts emblazoned with a cartoon version of Tager-Arthur, surrounded by his catchphrase "Well, I didn't kill him!"

Their fall from grace is just as rapid as their rise, however. Sharon is found dead in her hotel room, having choked on Big Mina's wishbone; Little Mina destroys the group's finances by embezzling funds to feed her velvet Elvis habit; Yue splits to embark on a career as a Tom Waits impersonator after someone lets her try a cigarette.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Sup, Trigger Warning!

:siren: Special Doing The GM's Work For Him Challenge! :siren:

I need minor groups, so I am making that your problem! If you want to, post here with an idea for a minor group. Typically they have a narrow focus/niche, use a power source that restricts group size, focus on one location, are a sub-group of one of the major groups, or have some other excuse for being minor, but they still have Network contacts and interactions with at least one of the other groups.

If you want an example, try the Devil Summoners, that group your contact Takemikazuchi is from. Their schtick is basically Personas with the mythological references filed off, and their power source limits their growth. They only knew the Shinigami, but after being brought into the Network most of them used their social skills to become Soul Nodes and help everybody keep in touch.

Anyway, if your idea is good, you can get a Fate Point or make a declaration about one of the NPCs! Bonus points if your idea involves or references the Cthulhu Mythos directly since we have a setting theme to shoot for here. You can just collaborate and build on other people's ideas and I will still give you a point for effort, I don't need a group from each of you.

If you're not a player, surprise! You can still do some audience participation (and my work for me) if you want, no Fate Point though. :toot: People in other NTech games can take up this offer, but can't put groups in Dubai. Also, remember most of you don't even know the Network exists and might not necessarily get along. So, try to avoid groups who happen to be very close friends with your character or be actively recruiting people like them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Rogues

The Rogues are not what anyone expected. Sometimes, it seems, Mythos entities don't want to kill us all.

Sometimes.

Rarely.

The Rogues are, in a sense, those entities. In a sense, however, they very much are not.

The Rogues are humans, you see, who have found those entities. Like a tager, they are bonded to them. Unlike a tager, the bond is (usually) not physical, but mental. The Rogues are para-psychics who give up some portion of their consciousness to share their mind with a rogue Mythos being. These beings gain human understanding from it, and the Rogues gain power.

There's only a few problems.

Firstly: the bodies of the Rogues' bondmates tend to go on rampages, sans mind. They can't be killed without killing the mind, though. So they have to be locked away under heavy seal. Sometimes, they get released to be used as weapons, but only when there's no other choice and no one expects a good result anyway.

Secondly: the Rogues tend to go insane. They get an alien perspective, one that warps them as much as their mind-mate's human perspective warps the mind-mate.

But on the upside? Those para-psychic powers get supercharged in an area relevant to the mind-mate's powers. Rumor has it that there's even been a Rogue Hound of Tindalos, who can jump through time. No one's ever proven that one, though.

Fortunately for everyone, really, there are barely any Rogues - those Mythos entities that want to join the human side? They're rare as poo poo,

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The Cleaners

Look someone has to clean these messes up, not in the figurative sense of false Id's and data trails, that is Ghosts job... we mean literally clean poo poo up. From blood splattered bloodbaths to ichor fueled incursions the cleaners will do the OOI's the soul network's, anyone's job of disposing of whatever you need. Debate is raging about how much they actually know, I mean they are basically a bunch of working class stiff's in hazard suits who no one really pays attention to so they could find out alot of things....

Or they could not really give a gently caress.... or they could be secret assassin's, no one really cares enough to check.

All that does matter is for a pittance of a fee considering they will bring in a dump truck and the equipment to have your Housing complex, warehouse looking good as new as soon as possible.

((Probably going to do more, just a rough outline))

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

The Peaslee Pals

Moving to a new town can be really flipping hard. Doubly so if said town is in a different country on the other side of the world, with a new culture, a new climate, new everything. Quadruply-extra so if you are technically Yithian.

Enter the Peaslee Pals. With branches of varying sizes in cities all around the world (and a new Mars spinoff!), they act as hosts and guides for newly landed immigrants, pointing out cultural centers, hooking them up with people who've gone through it before, offering a room and board for the really lost ones, all that good stuff. As their name suggests, they were originally founded back in the 2050s in Australia to help the Akathar acclimate to life on Earth, by a well-meaning if slightly self-centered son of a family branch. They've expanded their scope to displaced peoples of all stripes (the 2060s and 2070s say them helping refugees from India and China by the boatful, and they're currently helping people fleeing from lands controlled by the Green Fury), but their main "customers" are still usually Akathar moving from here to there. They also have a so-called "anti-anti-global-culturalist" branch, which likes to break up nativist marches that pop up now and again in reaction to something or other with broomsticks and karate.

Their close ties with the Akathar mean that they have access to some of their technological secrets, although it's not clear whether they've been able to put them into practice quite yet.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
In honor of Aileen Ya (and also because I need a Fate Point like woah):

CultWatch

If G://0st is Public Security Section 9 meets Hackers, CultWatch is WikiLeaks meets Anonymous. Originally a loosely affiliated network of micro- and macroblogs, forums, and chatrooms, CultWatch has since become something that's part organization, part movement. Dedicated to ferreting out and compiling information on various cults, mystical organizations, and offshoots, they're a decentralized, grassroots, activist group that harnesses a worldwide network of reporters, investigators, and regular everyday people like you to uncover and expose the dark secrets of the occult underground.

That's the ad copy anyway. The reality is somewhat less glamorous as you might expect for a group that has little in the way of membership requirements and a somewhat spotty relationship with fact-checking. They are dedicated to compiling information on cults, including splinter groups, known areas of operation, reputed members, and an astonishing amount of occult and historical trivia. The downside is that there tends to be a lot of misinformation mixed in with the useful bits. Like, a lot. Someone relying on CultWatch's user-editable databases to tell them the best way to identify whether or not your neighbor is a member of the Shining Eye or a secret Deep One hybrid is just as likely to wind up assaulting a bewildered LARPer or someone with an unfortunate skin condition. It is highly recommended that you do not trust any of the uploaded do-it-yourself summoning circle schematics or plans for making your own home-built D-engine that the government doesn't want you to know about.

The thing is, though, there are a surprising amount of gems buried amidst the bullshit if you know what you're looking for and which members you can count on not to be talking out of their asses or trolling. The OOI largely dismisses CultWatch as being a minimal security risk full of bored teenagers and conspiracy crackpots which means that quite a bit of genuinely useful information manages to disseminate through the network, though occasionally someone does upload something that suddenly and mysteriously vanishes without a trace several hours later.

CultWatch's relationship with the Soul Network is a bit of a murky one; many members, if they're aware of the Soul Network at all, aren't even sure exactly what it is, with rumors flying fast and thick about the Soul Network being a super-secret clandestine government black-ops unit or a collection of cults all run by different Masks of Nyarlathotep competing against each other in some incomprehensible scheme. For their part the Soul Network usually finds these rumors hilarious, and some of the better ones were actually started by Network members themselves. G://0st in particular has a high percentage of membership crossover, though they mainly use CultWatch as a combination dead drop, informal chatroom, and excuse to troll the poo poo out of people.

On the other hand, CultWatch can bring a lot of human processing power to bear on problems if properly motivated, whether it's identifying similarities in a series of ritual murders stretching back over a hundred years or launching a hacktivist DDoS attack against someone's server, and a number of members do possess journalistic credentials that allow them to walk right into places that might otherwise require careful (or destructive) infiltration to access. Some of the more callous members of the Soul Network even use CultWatch like a coal mine canary, encouraging members to go and investigate rumors of occult activity in order to gauge their validity...as well as their threat level.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I have two.

Yume no Moribito
The Guardians of Dreams are long time allies of the Shinigami. Though the Shinigami have their base of operation within the Dreamlands and exploit many of its features to their advantage, they aren't natives, and their sphere of control there is actually fairly small. From the beginning, the Shinigami made common cause with friendly locals, especially what they called yokai. Over time the Dreamland locals as well as a small number of Shinigami who preferred to explore the Dreamlands formed the Yume no Moribito.

Even before the foundation of the Soul Network, the Moribito had expanded their role beyond simply acting as native guides for the Shinigami. They've taken on as their mission both guiding and rescuing new arrivals who aren't prepared to handle the dangers, as well as protecting the Dreamlands themselves from outside threats and despoilment. They've been described as the "park rangers" for the Dreamlands. Some of those who they help out in their first trips to the Dreamlands eventually become members. They joined the Soul Network at the same time the Shinigami did, and have started providing the same guide services to other Soul Network groups and consulting on Dreamland issues in general. The Moribito have recently decided to establish a foothold in the waking world so they can head off issues before they pop up in the Dreamlands.

Friends of Friends
Many Mythos-related organizations get their recruits from "normal" civilians who stumble across things-that-should-not-be-seen. Those hapless - or lucky - few are initiated into the secrets of the organization, delving into forbidden knowledge and power.

Not everyone is up for that sort of commitment, though. The Friends of Friends trace their origin back to someone like that, a particular florist who lived in San Francisco in the mid 1970s. After being rescued by the Diogenes Club from a cult, she demurred an invitation to join them but offered to let them crash at her place whenever they needed to. Over time, members of groups with similar missions started showing up too - Eldritch Society, Wolf Lodge, even a few Shinigami from time to time. She also connected with other regular people who had dealt with the unknowable. They supported each other, and also made it their mission to help out the more esoteric orders with the things they were routinely terrible at - like getting a car fixed, handling basic legal proceedings, mundane banking, and finding reliable medical services. They gained some practical knowledge about the Mythos, but only what you'd need to know to patch up wounds from a shoggoth or how to clean nth-dimensional ichor from leather upholstery.

The Friends of Friends really took off in the early 1990s, with Usenet, and later social media in the 2000s and 2010s. In some ways, the Friends of Friends are the core of Soul Network - they make their services available to anyone fighting the good fight. The Friend's List, a moderated, actually useful, and not-terrible Craig's List, lets the eldritch connect with those offering necessary mundane services without risking exposing true civilians.

Though the stereotype of the Friend is based on the nice-but-slightly-dippy florist, many are hyper-competent no-nonsense types. One member is said to have been the inspiration for a fixer character in a popular turn-of-the-21st-century film. And there are the Worst Friends, the bruisers who protect the other Friends from mundane dangers, and provide muscle (ranging from general hooliganism all the way up to professional paramilitary) for the esoteric groups when they need non-eldritch force applied somewhere.

Whenever a Soul Network member finds themselves in an entirely banal jam, their first call should be to a Friend of a Friend.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
The Fate Syndicate

The Diogenes Club may provide for ancient knowledge, and G://0st's shenanigans certainly provide for some money flow, but by and large the Soul Network fell far behind the Office of Occult Intelligence in terms of funding. That's where the Fate Syndicate steps in.

A strained relationship from the start, the Fate Syndicate mostly serves as acquaintances rather then full friends of the Soul Network. Made up mostly of Akathar who have fallen into a life of crime (though that doesn't preclude humans and even the occasional very odd other creature, such as deep one), the Fate Syndicate mostly serves as the Soul Network's emissaries in the Arcane Underground that forms in just about every city. Specializing in arcane goods, the Fate Syndicate keep the Soul Network in touch with any big movers and shakers in the Arcane Underground - and keeps a steady flow of cash moving between the various groups in return for other services rendered. Due to the high number of Akathar, they also occasionally serve as community figures, utilizing legal Akathar organizations as fronts and meeting points.

Many in the Soul Network are iffy on this alliance of convenience - especially the Shinigami, who often see little difference between the Fate Syndicate wizards and the ones they explicitly target). At best, they remain a sharp reminder as to why the OoI is none too happy about the Soul Network and it's groups. More often, rival Arcane Underground gangs start making life far more difficult for other Soul Network agents when they start seeing connections. And at worst, Fate Syndicate agents go rogue and must be put down as any other enemy, only one that knows all the Soul Networks' secrets, strengths, and weaknesses. However, the alliance remains, if simply because of their use. They offer valuable information on criminal networks, even more valuable illegal arcane artifacts or potions, and most valuable of all, cold hard cash and plenty of it when needed. Just note that each member of the Syndicate has a notebook in their head and they're calculating precisely how much you owe them - and how much you can be expected to pay off.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Little known fact, the Flavor Out of Space is why NEG building codes specify that toilet bowls are not to have any right angles.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Just an example of the classy humor you can find right here on NyarlathoTech.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
It is for this reason I'm refraining from even trying here, despite my dire need for FPs.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Just an example of the classy humor you can find right here on NyarlathoTech.

Classin' up this game of anime pretend with a poop joke. :dealwithit:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gonna break the poop joke chain.

Clover Channel

An anarchic offshoot of G://0st, this tiny group of hackers and technomancers are mostly interested in spreading chaos around the world and have fun by hacking many government sites and divulging the existence of many secret groups and societies. Despite their bombastic declarations, however, they are mostly amateurs compared to other hacker groups, and are treated by the OOI as an annoyance more than as a threat. In fact, they spend 80% of their time posting incredibly gross pictures, planning troll invasions of other sites and flaming each other in the "Chaos - /☆/" message board than doing any actual hacking.

Of course, some could say that this is just a cover for their real activities...

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Review time! If people still want to submit stuff they can, I will let you know how it is.

:swoon:

Have a Fate Point!

Stormgale posted:

The Cleaners
I like it, though suggestion: The way the Network works, either there are a lot of Cleaners from other groups or some groups use their own people first and the Cleaners as a backup. (The Eldritch Society is good at hiding dead bodies and the Shinigami are trained in disappearing wizards, for example, though the Shinigami are a little aloof to send the Cleaners a lot of aid.)

Also I changed my mind on who gets Fate Points, you can have one next time you post! :toot:

Davin Valkri posted:

The Peaslee Pals
Now I am thinking I should have you guys specify what kind of Network affiliation these groups have. How big are the Peaslee Pals and how many of their members know about the Soul Network? Are they a public group whose owners just happen to be involved in the Soul Network, or do they help Network members exclusively? What stops them becoming a big security risk?

Have a Fate Point if you answer! :getin:

See, like this! Aileen is totally in this group now. I decided to give Miami a Fate Point too when I read this so enjoy. :swoon:

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Yume no Moribito
So basically the Shinigami's yokai buddies? I like it. Guess that explains Maou Taiga's involvement with the Network. :toot: Have a Fate Point.

quote:

Friends of Friends
This is basically a formal version of one of the Eldritch Society's subgroups - people aware of the conspiracy who help out where they can, but don't do a lot and are usually kept out of the loop on big stuff. They probably wouldn't have had formal arrangements with much of the Network until recently but I can see the group happening and I like it a lot!

That still only counts as one though. :colbert:

ProfessorCirno posted:

The Fate Syndicate
Akathar Mafia! Sure, why not. This is one of the ones I can see using in one of the pbps pretty soon. Have a Fate Point!

Desty posted:

Classin' up this game of anime pretend with a poop joke. :dealwithit:
Have a Fate Point for your lovely joke.

Plutonis posted:

Clover Channel
CultWatch is this but better! If I am ambivalent about 4chan references what does Clover Channel bring?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Meh, might as well switch it for something else!

Tsukaima Union

Familiar work was once a difficult one. Used as errand creatures and guinea pigs of Mages, they used to be terribly abused and mistreated by their masters during most of the times. This changed, however, after a poodle familiar was forced to attend a dog show by his mistress, a wizard who dressed the poor thing in a pink tutu.

Horrified and ashamed at this blow against his dignity, the poodle assembled other battered and weary Familiars and wrote the charter of the Tsukaima Union, hoping to give hyper-intelligent magical animals their right to be treated as the sentient and clever creatures they are. With the threat of strikes, denouncing the mage to proper authorities and in one case, literally eating the offending master to death, the Union's power grew in time, and so did the rights of familiars.

Now 95% of all Familiars are unionized within the Tsukaima. With their cut of 10% of all sales of merchandise related to Magical Girl Mascots, the Union has enough wealth to rival a megacorporation, and is ironically the most powerful worker's union on Earth. Some of their current controversies is on whether humans serving a Wizard can or cannot join them, as some of the Union's old guard has an old grudge against human beings.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

See, like this! Aileen is totally in this group now. I decided to give Miami a Fate Point too when I read this so enjoy. :swoon:

You mean "Miami, as in shorthand for the PC group participating in the exciting adventures of NyarlathoTech: Transeldritch" or "Miami, the actual city itself?" 'Cause, I mean, I could see you going either way here.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

You mean "Miami, as in shorthand for the PC group participating in the exciting adventures of NyarlathoTech: Transeldritch" or "Miami, the actual city itself?" 'Cause, I mean, I could see you going either way here.

The only two NPCs in Miami who benefit from reckless misappropriation of Fate Points are Sully and █████.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

That works, I was mostly going for an organisation of scruffy the janitors who are kind of ignored, to the point they might actually be important / covert (but no one gives a duck)

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Hey yo, so everyone in Miami gets one extra Fate Point because I'm awesome.

I mean Miami players who submit something or make suggestions on someone else's submission get an FP. Whoops! :smugteddie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Well thanks for making me look like a big fat jerk, Ettin.

• Locked thread