Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Auto-balance was turned off like 2 days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackster
Nov 10, 2012
I think that DBZ characters (and other bad characters) should be removed before removing OP characters like touhous. Having a bad character vs bad character is boring, but OP vs OP battles are fun.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Ugh, all these stupid anime girls look the same.

Artiph
Oct 3, 2012

Out here on the high seas, Dogi the Wall-Crusher becomes Dogi the Wave-Crusher!

Hortism posted:

Wait auto balance is an actual thing? I thought that was just a chat joke.

I thought it was at first, but I specifically remember some characters having stupid high health and then later when I see them versus characters they're taking normal damage. I guess it's possible that some characters do obscenely high/low damage, but I'm not sure.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Trilin posted:

Ugh, all these stupid anime girls look the same.

Always vote on Mr. F.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

I think everyone getting salty about balance (twitch chat) is kinda the point of this whole thing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Artiph posted:

I thought it was at first, but I specifically remember some characters having stupid high health and then later when I see them versus characters they're taking normal damage. I guess it's possible that some characters do obscenely high/low damage, but I'm not sure.

Characters having obscene natural health or naturally low damage is what you're seeing here. Autobalance does things like make a 1hp character into a 2million hp character when the odds are stacked against them enough. You would know if you were seeing autobalance in action.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Hortism posted:

In a world where there are Berserks, Ronalds and Rare Akumas I'd rather they just just leave the characters alone and not try to balance anything. It's half the fun of it to see random DBZ get blown up my tiny magical girls.

I think the real issue is that the recent pack he added was like 20% Touhous, so now they're everywhere.

That can be easily alleviated by expanding the roster though; there are many many more MUGEN characters out there other than Touhous.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Well, good thing I didn't bet my wad this match.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
loving CHOMPER

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

gently caress! Knew this guy looked like trouble. Farewell leader boards. Hello Salt mines.

Deadly Fear
Feb 4, 2005

awesome
God bless you Kenpachi.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Block drat you chomper.

Artiph
Oct 3, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Characters having obscene natural health or naturally low damage is what you're seeing here. Autobalance does things like make a 1hp character into a 2million hp character when the odds are stacked against them enough. You would know if you were seeing autobalance in action.

Hmm, I guess so.

Also drat you Chomper I thought you were supposed to be lethal.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Wow, first time I've seen Chomper lose.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

A guilty gear character actually won a match, this is a momentous occasion.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

And now I have to stay up late to reassemble my squandered earnings. drat you Salty Bet, I just can't quit you.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Fake Touhou sent some folks to the miiiiines! Glad I bet on big weird gold guy for the upset.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Oh man thank god I bet all-in on kenpachi having only ever seen chomper lose to some magical girl character once.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Well, he did kill Superman.

Artiph
Oct 3, 2012

Oh wow, Doomsday is aggressive aggressive aggressive. I wonder what his odds are versus other bullet hell girls.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That guy from before who said an actual rushdown character might beat a Touhou was correct.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
FYI Chomper can't block. Kenpachi's ultimate move seems to make him completely invincible/ungrabbable. The more you know.

PS Both characters own

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Al! posted:

Well, he did kill Superman.

If I hadn't already lost everything 10 times today I'd be upset.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
poo poo tier fight

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Artiph posted:

Oh wow, Doomsday is aggressive aggressive aggressive. I wonder what his odds are versus other bullet hell girls.

Also he has very short, if any, knockback frames so bullet hell juggling doesn't work on him very well. He just keeps trucking.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I've been watching this on and off for most of a week, my salt minimum is up to 40 and I'm still CONSTANTLY seeing matches where I've never seen either character before. Makes it hard as gently caress to all-in sometimes.

e: didn't stop me all-inning on this metal fucker tho, joker blows

that was WAY too close for comfort

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 12, 2013

Artiph
Oct 3, 2012

Ooh, I know this particular Joker isn't the best, so I went all in on Metallo, hopefully he can dig me outta the mines here. He has a slight gauge advantage going into round 3 but Joker blocks a lot of his supers. Here's hoping...

Edit: Wait, there are people who would bet that heavily on that piss-poor Joker? Huh.

Artiph fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 12, 2013

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

gently caress I confused jokers. There goes some money I guess!

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
There are different Jokers? poo poo. What's the difference between them?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Metallo wins me fight money.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I love how in character The joker's AI is :allears:

Artiph
Oct 3, 2012

mrbasehart posted:

There are different Jokers? poo poo. What's the difference between them?

If I remember correctly, their hair color is the easiest way to tell. The bad one's hair is mostly all dark, that was the one we just saw now. The one with solid green hair is surprisingly competent in comparison.

This is the bunnygirl that was fighting that bus last night, but I can't remember how well she did. $15 against lovely DBZ.

Edit: I never noticed Kenshiro on this stage before. Huh.

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
5000 salty buck lesson, I guess.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Whoever said the Salt mines was a state of mind was correct. I haven't won a single bet since blowing it all on Chomper and am getting increasingly salty. When I start genuinely getting pissed it's probably time to call it a night.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I forgot that the androids do a huge amount of damage.

Artiph
Oct 3, 2012

Hortism posted:

Whoever said the Salt mines was a state of mind was correct. I haven't won a single bet since blowing it all on Chomper and am getting increasingly salty. When I start genuinely getting pissed it's probably time to call it a night.

It's only been a handful of matches since then. Things'll go your way here pretty soon.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
All the upsets :allears:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
All you had to was chip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Artiph posted:

It's only been a handful of matches since then. Things'll go your way here pretty soon.

Just did. gently caress sleeping!

• Locked thread