Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

B. A grown dog. Because we don't know nothing about training no puppies. We've never even seen a pet animal before monkey. Besides, a puppy will find a way to get us in trouble with queen poo poo.

E. Friendliness
D. Intelligence
B. Cuteness
A. Speed
C. Size

We want a smart friendly dog that won't get us in trouble while we figure out WTF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
ABA Charles Barkley the cutest puppy.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Size
Intelligence
Friendliness
Cuteness
Speed

And I'm thinking something like this:

I basically want a smart dog that's friendly, but also massive. This helps intimidate people and the intelligence should hopefully make him easier to train.

And obviously Snarls Barkley.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Is that a bear or a horse?

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
We pick
A. Puppy

with the following Traits:

1. D - Intelligence
2. A - Speed
3. E - Friendliness
4. C - Size
5. B - Cuteness

and of course Snarles Barkley

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

Is that a bear or a horse?

Both, and a dog!

And I forgot to mention but we're getting our massive furball as a puppy, and we will raise it ourselves to the best of our ability.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
A: Puppy. Inside the game, we're not sure of these weird canine beasts yet, better stick with a little one, less likely to eat us. Metagaming, more likely to form a close bond with a little one we raise ourselves.

Traits, mmm...
1. D: Intelligence - Someone had better have it.
2. A: Size - If we're going to have one of these beasts on our side, might as well make it an impressive one, don't want people dismissing our dog as well as us.
3. C: No particular reason, just stuck in the list between the top two and the bottom two.
4. E: We're not used to friendly people, so our dog not being very friendly doesn't bother us, and perhaps makes us feel more comfortable. We don't want him completely hostile though.
5. B: What do we care about cuteness? We probably think fish are cute.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A. puppy so it will bond with us. (What could possibly go wrong?)

1. D intelligence
2. A speed (needs endurance to keep up with our sandaled self)
3. C size
4. E friendliness (if intelligent we can keep it from being randomly mean and if it is a puppy it will be friendly to us)
5. B cuteness (its our puppy. Of course it is cute to us, even if it is horrific looking. Mutts are the coolest.)

Snarls Barkley

Male or Female? I would go female. (Then we can innocently say all sorts of horrid things when referring to it. Of course a female will likely lead to more puppies with all these dogs around.) Also maybe ask Danal the Dog Boy's advice?

It might also be interesting to see if any of them pick us. I have picked pets this way and it often works out really well. Ha! Maybe try the flute out on the dogs!!! We can later try using it as a dog whistle or to communicate with Snarls.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Theglavwen posted:

A: Puppy. Inside the game, we're not sure of these weird canine beasts yet, better stick with a little one, less likely to eat us. Metagaming, more likely to form a close bond with a little one we raise ourselves.

Traits, mmm...
1. D: Intelligence - Someone had better have it.
2. A: Size - If we're going to have one of these beasts on our side, might as well make it an impressive one, don't want people dismissing our dog as well as us.
3. C: No particular reason, just stuck in the list between the top two and the bottom two.
4. E: We're not used to friendly people, so our dog not being very friendly doesn't bother us, and perhaps makes us feel more comfortable. We don't want him completely hostile though.
5. B: What do we care about cuteness? We probably think fish are cute.

Voting this.

Absum
May 28, 2013

A, puppy :3:.

1: D. Intelligence
2: A. Speed
3: E. Friendliness
4: C. Size
5: B. Cuteness

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

We know jack poo poo about training a puppy, and are probably too young/overwhelmed to be expected to learn how to right now. That's even if we had somebody to teach us, and we don't. Adult dog 100%.

An adult dog will absolutely form a very strong bond with a new owner, btw, for anyone that's worried about that. I'm unsure why anyone would think that isn't the case.

As for the rest...

E (We need a good friend now badly)
D (Smart dog = a great helper later)
A (He can keep up with us on the road
B (Just cute enough not to scare off the ladies)
C (Large dogs die sooner and often have more health complications. Plus, a little dog can squeeze into small spaces and fetch pastries for us from the kitchen :3:)

I'm not a big Snarls fan, but I don't wanna retcon for the vote for people that like it....so, voting to keep it Snarls.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 26, 2013

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. D - E - C - B - A
3.F

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B
D E C A B
F

Shiny Penny
Feb 1, 2009
A

D Intelligence
A Speed
C Size
E Friendliness
B Cuteness

F Snarles Barkley

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
You pick a...
A. Puppy.

After playing with them, you pick a dog which is...

E. Friendliness
D. Intelligence
B. Cuteness
A. Speed
C. Size

F. Stick with Snarles Barkley as you decided nearly three months ago.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
1. A, puppies will have more time to start liking us and also be super adorable for a few years :3:

2. B - Because goddamn it I really love cute puppies!
D - A smart dog is a good dog, and one more likely to be useful.
E - :3:
C - Speed is useful, but not that much if we're dealing with a chihuahua or something.
A - sanic speed

3. F, because why not.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Also: If we have the flute in our posession at the moment, we should play it. Puppy concert!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

the_steve posted:

Also: If we have the flute in our posession at the moment, we should play it. Puppy concert!

Even if plan Massive Dog doesn't win out, I vote for this as well.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
A, Size and stick with the name.

We want a huge dumb dog that will love us. It doesn't need to do tricks it only needs to love us and be huge to maul things with us.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. A
2. D, E, A, C, B
3. F

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting is closed.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You are all doggied out after playing with the dogs with Danal for some time and rather tired, but you ultimately make your pick. One dog was a bit... different from the others. It is not a... cute dog, you know that, indeed, it might be called damned ugly, but this puppy seemed to understand you perfectly, or at least, pretty drat well! It is an exceptionally smart puppy!

You have made your decision. You pick out Snarls Barkley and as you pick him up, he yips once happily then falls asleep tiredly in your arms.

"That is a silly name and an ugly puppy!" Danal says. "Are you sure you don't want another?"

You grin and shake your head. "*I* think he is cute... and he is VERY smart!"

Time passes.

My name is Enkidel! It took almost two months to tell what happened in the last three months! I don't want to be a kid forever so I am going to tell you what happened over the last two years!

I have lived in Zepath for two years now. I am 13 now. Danal is 7.

I have learned what a slave is and I have learned what a servant is. My mother, because she was born a free woman in the holy city of Baitel, is a servant, not a slave and could leave the city if she wanted to. She still works in the kitchens. I do not know what I am and no one has spelled it out to me yet! I know that Keza is a slave.

Keza told me that the King did not make up his mind what to do with me so I mostly play with Danal all day! We have lots of fun together!

1. Where did you sleep each night?
A. Danal's bed is huge! I slept in it of course, just Danal said he wanted me to.

B. I tried to share Danal's bed but Keza got very angry and punished me by giving me boring chores, so I slept on the floor in his room atop a mat not unlike the bed of palm leaves I slept on in the village.

C. In my own bed in my mother's room because I love her so much! I did not want her to be lonely since spend all day with Danal.

D. In my own room, near Danal. When I asked Keza she said no, so Danal asked his father! Tudiya said yes! Keza got REAL mad when she found out, but I got my own room! All mine! Well, mine and Snarls Barkley's of course! Keza has been even meaner to me since.

E. In one of the large rooms shared by many of the servants and slaves. This way I had my own space without making Keza angry.

F. Something else. Fill in.

I learned more about Danal's family. Danal's mother died when he was born. Eventually I met Danal's sisters. He has nine of them and no brothers at all! The oldest sister is Rathal, an old lady who looks even older than Ishamal! She helps take care of Danal and lives with us in Tudiya's house. I was really confused when I met her but I learned that Tudiya is many-lots years old! I still have not learned how to count high and I count one to ten, then lots, then many-lots. I learned that Rathal is so old, Aron is HER son! This makes Aron Tudiya's grandson and it means that Danal is Aron's uncle! Most of Danal's sisters are married and have kids even older than Danal and me! They do not live in Tudiya's big house. Naomi lives here with us though. She is Danal's youngest sister and only a few years older than me! She is very pretty.

When I first met Naomi I did not know who she was. She asked Danal who I was and Danal said "He is mine! And he is really smart! Look! Go get the ball Enkidel!" And then threw a ball. I know that Danal did not mean anything bad by it because he is my BEST friend but he is also a little kid!

2. When Danal threw the ball I...

A. Got the ball, because I did not want to embarrass him.

B. Got the ball because I was afraid he would get mad if I said no!

C. Got the ball because I was afraid I would get in trouble if I did not!

D. I did not get the ball because I am not a dog! But Snarls Barkley was with us so I told him to get it! He is very smart and he did!

E. I did not get the ball but instead I told a funny joke!

F. I pretended not to understand Danal and act confused.

G. I told Danal to go get it!

H. Something else. Fill in.

I. I got the ball, but gave it to Naomi! I make a special effort to be funny and charming when Naomi is around because I think she is very pretty and I desperately want her to like me!

I learned that some of the people in Tudiya's family are MUCH older than they look but everyone else in the city mostly is as old as they look. Everyone knows Ishamal is the oldest man in the city and is REALLY old, he came from Baitel before Zepath was built! Some people even say he knew Labaras! I asked him once. He laughed and would not tell me.

Tudiya is busy a lot being king and doing king stuff and Danal does not have a mother. Each of his sisters have their own mothers. His oldest Sister Rathal helps take care of him but she is an old lady and slow! Danal is left alone a lot with just me! Danal likes to do little pranks on the servants. Sometimes he gets caught and Keza punishes us both by making us do boring chores or sitting in a corner!

3. When Danal does his pranks I...

A. Help him, of course!
B. I cover for him when he gets caught so he does not get in trouble.
C. Try to convince him to stop.
D. Danal can be pushy but he is just a little kid! He will do what I say... I hope. I tell him to stop.
E. Something else. Fill in.

Danal is my best friend and we have lots of fun together but he is still a little kid! Sometimes he does little kid stuff which I KNOW is bad! Like eating way too many sweets or making a mess and not cleaning up or being mean to slaves, or playing with things that would hurt him! Or other things I know were bad! Because I am bigger and smarter and older I tried to get him to do the right thing. Danal is so pushy! He is nice to me but when I tell him to do something he says no!

4. Danal ignored me at first when I told him he HAD to do something, so I...

A. Did not try again because he is my friend and I did not want to make him mad with me!

B. I did not try again because if I do not have Danal I am a nobody here!

C. I do not try again because I am not his mother and that is not my job!

D. I try again because I love Danal and I do not want him to get hurt!

E. I try again because if Danal gets hurt under my watch Keza will skin me alive and use me as a rug!

F. I am Enkidel! I flew, faced the demon Asherah and lived! I can handle a spoiled brat! I BELIEVE I can get Danal to do what I say and if I act like I can, he will do what I say! It is all about confidence!

G. I try again because I am worried what Danal will become if he turns into a brat.

H. I try again because I am worried what Danal will become if he turns into a brat AND I am worried that will effect me negatively!

I. Something else. Fill in.

I know I look very different from everyone else. My hair is cut the same as everyone elses but it is a different color, my hair is black and everyone else has brown or blond hair. The cut on my head disappeared the night I flew. My skin is darker than everyone elses. Sometimes children point and laugh when they see me in the street and call me a cannibal. This makes Danal very angry and he tells them I am not! Sometimes adults treat me like I am not a person because I look different.

5. How much does this bother me?
A. Not at all! I know I am better than them!

B. I would be upset but Danal says not to let them get to me. Danal makes me feel better.

C. It really just does not bother me. I genuinely do not care if I have the approval of others.

D. I... I am fine... *sniffle* really. I am in denial. It bothers me but I do not admit it to myself.

E. Alright. I admit it. It does bother me. I try even harder to fit in because of it. I try to act like other people act.

F. Alright. I admit it. It does bother me. I do not change how I act, but I hate the people who are mean to me for it.

For a while I only wore a loin cloth. Danal says that it makes me special like Enkidu the wildman-hero partner of Labaras. Danal likes that I wear a loincloth. Almost everyone else wears robes with belts on their hips. Poor laborers or slaves who do hard work wear skirts. Rich men sometimes wear skirts but they look VERY different from the ones worn by slaves and poor people and no one would ever confuse the two! NO ONE but me wears a loincloth. Danal usually wears a robe. My mother always wears a robe. In my village women went topless but they never do here!

6. I decided to...
A. Keep wearing a loincloth because I like it!

B. Keep wearing a loincloth because Danal likes it!

C. A robe like everyone else.

D. A poor person's skirt.

E. A rich person's skirt. Danal can usually get you what you ask for and if you ask for it,

The Temple of El is near Tudiya's house. It is not as big as Tudiya's house but its MUCH taller! Almost five stories! It has big colums and there is always smoke inside. People bring cows and goats and chickens inside and sacrafice them on the altar to El. The High Priest of El is an old man who looks even older than Ishamal but I do not know how old he really is. His name is Zebanetha. Tudiya says that taking care of the temple is part of being king, so Danal helps to keep the temple clean too! Danal hates going, he says it is boring.

7. When Danal is sent to clean the temple I....(Pick the one that MOST represents your motivation)

A. Go help him, of course! Danal is my friend. I want to help him finish as quick as he can so we can have fun!
B. Go help him, of course! Danal is my friend. I try to keep him entertained by telling him jokes as we clean together.
C. Go help him. El is the best and I want to make him happy!
D. I go and do all of the work by myself so Danal does not have to!
E. I go by myself because when I do, I get to spend time withe Zebanetha. Sometimes people are mean to me because I am different but Zebanetha is always VERY nice to me! And he knows great stories! Almost as good as Ishamals!
F. Something else. Fill in.

There are lots of festivals about El and the Sky Giants. I have learned that even though my mother called them Sky Giants, they are not REALLY Sky Giants. They are all El's children. Some of them are giants and some of them are not. El has lots of different children and that they are called Melachim. I learned that El's oldest children are called the Ophanim, like Marnal and Smattas! There are lots and lots of different kinds of Melachim. El's High Priest in the city, Zebanetha taught me that demons are very real and that they hurt people but they are not as strong as El and his children.. He also taught me that to the northeast worship the sun and the moon and the stars and given them names but that they are wrong to do so because they are not gods and there is only one god.

Some people in the city only worship the Melachim, they even have their own temple, but it is small. Men practice with weapons in the temple ALL of the time! Sometimes I went to go watch with Danal, it was very exciting! Poor people and slaves sometimes go to the temple of the Melachim and the priests there give them food. Tudiya does not like the people at this other temple AT ALL! Barkof likes the other temple though, he goes there a lot! Once I saw Tudiya argue with Ishamal and Zebanetha and tell them he would tear down the other temple with his own bare hands if they would not help him! They argued but Ishamal and Zebanetha convinced him to leave the temple alone, for now. The Temple of the Melachim is lead by a WOMAN! Her name is Bareen and she is VERY tall, the tallest woman in the city! She is looks like she is middle aged but she is OLD! She is the ONLY woman in the city who is old but does not look old! Everyone else who is old but does not look old is a man. She fights with the men in the temple courtyard and is VERY good!

8. Speaking of gods, what do you believe?
A. I believe El is the only god and I believe in the Melachim.

B. I am uncertain what I believe, but I observe the religious practices other people follow.

C. I am uncertain what I believe, but I do not observe the religious practices other people follow.

D. I believe in Asherah and do not believe in El.

E. I do believe in El, but I like the Melachim more! Their stories are more exciting and it is more fun to go to their temple!

F. I do not blieve in El, but I do believe in the Melachim! Their stories are more exciting and their temple is more fun!

G. Something else. Fill in.

I spend most of my time playing with Danal, but sometimes I am alone. My magical flute still works fine. When I tried to play it in front of other people though, it stopped working right! I can feel the music inside, but if other people are around, it does not give me good instructions! I can't figure out why! I tried playing the music with just Snarls Barkley around and HE sure likes it! Danal got me my own flute too, I practice with it sometimes.

9. When I am not playing with Danal, my favorite thing to do is...
(Pick ONE. Depending on how the vote goes, a plurality may change things.)
A. Play my magical flute and a normal flute.

B. Watch the men fight at the temple of the Melachim.

C. Play with Snarls Barkley!

D. Explore the city on my own.

E. Watch people trade in the market

F. Swim in the river!

G. Fish in the river!

H. Visit High Priest Zebanetha at the temple of El and learn about El.

I. Listen to Ishamal tell me stories about the world!

J. Spend time with my mother and help her cook.

K. Sometimes I get to watch Tudiya do king stuff! He usually does not mind as long as I am quiet because I am Danal's friend. I like to follow him around and watch! Danal says it is boring!

L. Spend time with Rathal, Danal's oldest sister. She is trying to teach me and Danal to count and to write but it is HARD! Danal is not learning much from her and neither am I, but I spend extra time with her alone, so try to learn!

M. Spend time with Bareen, the female High Priestess of the Temple of the Melachim, learning about the Melachim.

Danal likes to walk around the city but there is not always an adult to go with us and Keza and Rathal do not like it if he goes out without an adult! Still, Danal likes to explore! He wanted me to help him climb over the wall surrounding Tudiya's home and explore the city! Danal told me to "borrow" a sword also!

10. Did I help Danal sneak out?

A. Yes, I did. It was something we did regularly and I took a sword I "borrowed" like Danal said to.
A. Yes, I did. It was something we did regularly, but I did not take a sword.
B. Yes, I did, but only a few times and I took a sword I "borrowed" like Danal said to.
B. Yes, I did, but only a few times, but I did not take a sword.
C. No, I did not help Danal sneak out.

How do I REALLY feel about Danal?

11. When I really think about it, I honestly think that Danal is my....

A. Best friend.
B. Brother.
C. Future king.
D. Master.
E. Partner in crime.
F. Sidekick.
G. Resource to exploit. I am unusually cynical and crafty for a 13 year old wild child and know through him is the path to power!

You are on the honor system here! Not, what do you WANT him to be, but based on your choices and events thus far, how do you ACTUALLY think of him.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 27, 2013

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Sleeping: D - Our own room

The ball: Smile and D. tell Snarles to get it

Pranks: A

Danal being a brat: H - We should try to straighten him out and not be a brat, brats don't do fun stuff

Being different: C - Who cares what others think - we are awesome

Clothes: E - Let's go rich

Temple: A - two people make it go quicker

Belief: B - Uncertain, but observe all

Extra time: K - King time

Sneaky time: A - With sword

Danal is: B - Our Brother

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holy shitballs, all of the choices.
Also, shar-pei! This makes me very happy. I had one growing up, we were best friends for drat near 15 years.

1.C
2. E - Tell THE JOKE
3. A
4. H
5. B
6. C - with a ton of pockets inside to carry the treasure we will inevitably discover. And treats for Snarls. And our flute.
7. B
8. B
9. C
10. A
11. A

Edit: appended #6. Same choice.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 27, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
C. In my own bed in my mother's room because I love her so much! I did not want her to be lonely since spend all day with Danal.

H. Got the ball, but gave it to Naomi! I make a special effort to be funny and charming when Naomi is around because I think she is very pretty and I desperately want her to like me!

H. Help him, of course! ... But only if no one is likely to get hurt. If Danal proposes or tries to do something dangerous, I explain why I can't support it, and if he persists, I tell Tudiya (or Keza, if he's unavailable).

G. I try again because I am worried what Danal will become if he turns into a brat.

D. I... I am fine... *sniffle* really. I am in denial. It bothers me but I do not admit it to myself.

6. I decided to...
B. Wear a robe.

7. When Danal is sent to clean the temple I....(Pick the one that MOST represents your motivation)

B. Go help him, of course! Danal is my friend. I try to keep him entertained by telling him jokes as we clean together.

B. I am uncertain what I believe, but I observe the religious practices other people follow.

B. Watch the men train at the temple.

C. No, I did not help Danal sneak out.
(It is too dangerous!)

C. Future king.
(I want him to be a good king and not a brat!)

EDIT: I have changed my vote for #9.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 27, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I added another option to #2, but I did not reorder anything, so you do not need to change your votes or anything.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Wow. Alright.

1: D: Easy choice, we need some space to ourself, we're not used to such closeness, and for crying out loud, we're not a stuffed animal.

2: D: Again, easy, we're obviously keen to this whole 'hey lookit the savage' schtick going on, best not start acting like a dog as well. No need to be crass about it though.

3: A: Here's the thing: we've gotten used to fooling around with Danal, he seems to think the pranks are cool, so we might take a cue from him, and hey, it's fun. On top of that though, we've not been given any indication of what our role is here, we have no social guidance, to the rest of the city, it seems like it couldn't matter less who we are or what we do, so unless we can think of some way to change that, we might as well dick around.

4: F: This one's a tough call between F, and G. I think we'd be worried about Danal becoming a brat, yes, for a variety of reasons, but our being worried about him can take a number of forms. We seem quite sure in ourselves, that we know what's right and what's wrong, and we want to make sure that Danal learns that, because we care about him. Our experiences with Asherah showed us one thing, we're really, really loving stubborn. So we're going to keep at this; we believe Danal can learn if only we're determinate enough, and we're not going to let him just ignore us.

5: F: Yeah, it bothers us. We got taken from our village and the life we knew, which hey, was maybe a blessing, because we were treated like poo poo there, and this was promised to be a better place. Turns out though that a lot of people treat us like poo poo here too, and for arguably a worse reason. So yeah, it bugs us that these people have turned out to be such a disappointment, and I think, as a young kid, we kind of hate them a bit for it.

6: C: Oh the hell with it, we've got to get dressed sometime. Besides, there's no need to flaunt our 'savagery' for these people.

7: B: *shrug*

8: C: We've seen a lot. It may have started to seem believable, with distance and time and the new stories we're told, that Asherah is really a demon. Still, we've felt it, and it's frightening. Everybody seems to have a lot to say, but obviously people can be pretty mistaken on these things. We're not going to listen to them, and follow their ceremonies any more; look how that turned out with Dad. This isn't to say we ignore religion entirely, but we go about it our own way, with open eyes, and trepidation.

9: F: Swimming! It took us a while to work up the courage to approach the water again, but hey, it's not the ocean, it seems safe....

10: B - with sword: We've got that reckless streak, joining Danal in his excursions is just another prank. And hey, it could be dangerous...

11: B: Danal's like a brother, I guess. Let's be frank, he's not our sidekick. He's damned well not our 'Master' though, and this whole 'king' thing? Still not clear on that. He's a friend, sure, but it's not 'just' that; we quarrel, he doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for us at times, there are things that 'friends' wouldn't really do. Our connection is close, but almost more familial; would we have chosen to hang out, if we'd just been introduced? I don't know, but we've grown together now.

Theglavwen fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 27, 2013

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Sleeping: D

The ball: D

Pranks: A

Danal being a brat: H

Being different: F. Realistically, that poo poo is going to bother you as a kid. But better to get pissed about it then all self-loathingy.

Clothes: A. We're always going to be a bit different, may as well embrace it. Anything else will probably just get us mocked for trying to ape others.

Temple: E. We could use a good role model, and Zeb sounds nice.

Belief: E. We haveta believe in El after everything we saw on the journey...that other temple sounds badass though.

Extra time: C. We got a puppy, and now we need to be responsible and make sure he's socialized. :colbert:

Sneaky time: A - With sword

Danal is: B - Our Brother. Yeah, at this point, growing up together like this...we'd really be siblings.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I apologize for the massive number of choices.

Considering the speed things have been moving, I suspected you would like to move the pace up a bit. The world is the world. Nothing much exciting was going to happen in the next two years... I thought that dumping all these options in at once would probably be better than taking a month to get through them one vote at a time.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Diogines posted:

I apologize for the massive number of choices.

Considering the speed things have been moving, I suspected you would like to move the pace up a bit. The world is the world. Nothing much exciting was going to happen in the next two years... I thought that dumping all these options in at once would probably be better than taking a month to get through them one vote at a time.

S'cool by me :)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I. I got the ball, but gave it to Naomi! I make a special effort to be funny and charming when Naomi is around because I think she is very pretty and I desperately want her to like me!

Pththya-lyi posted:

H. Help him, of course! ... But only if no one is likely to get hurt. If Danal proposes or tries to do something dangerous, I explain why I can't support it, and if he persists, I tell Tudiya (or Keza, if he's unavailable).

E. Alright. I admit it. It does bother me. I try even harder to fit in because of it. I try to act like other people act.

6. I decided to...
C. A robe like everyone else.

A. Go help him, of course! Danal is my friend. I want to help him finish as quick as he can so we can have fun!

G. I do believe in El as the only god, but I like the Melachim more! Their stories are more exciting and it is more fun to go to their temple and watch the men fight!

L. Spend time with Rathal, Danal's oldest sister. She is trying to teach me and Danal to count and to write but it is HARD! Danal is not learning much from her and neither am I, but I spend extra time with her alone, so try to learn!

B. Yes, I did, but only a few times and I took a sword I "borrowed" like Danal said to.

B. Brother.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
1. D
2. D and give it to Naomi?
3. C
4. D
5. A
6. A
7. E
8. G I think they're all real but I want El's favor.
9. L
10. B
11. B

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I still think it's a cute puppy. :shobon:

1. : Let's throw Mom a bone, Danal has occupied enough of our life so far, I think we'll be okay if we're not sleeping together.

2. + : I'm sure that Naomi is a lovely girl, but this poo poo isn't gonna fly. We definitely want Danal to think of us as more than a pet. Establish the pecking order. And give her the ball because why not, everyone has a first crush, no matter how ineffectual it really is.

3. : A passive gently caress off to Keza.

4. + : Remind Danal that you are heroes and heroes do not act like spoiled children :mad:

5. : I was tempted to pick F just for :moments:

6. : Yeah, the loincloth wasn't going to last us forever.

7. : Hone our jokemancy skills.

8. : Odd that Tudiya doesn't like the Fight Club Temple. We've established a love of watching heroes brawl, so go watch some drunk templefights!

9. : This is admittedly me wanting to know more about the lore. Enkidel has expressed interest in the world beyond his little shithole of a village and tales of adventure, so let's hear them from Cool Old Dude. Besides, we owe him one for exorcism via Thunderpunch.

10. : We've snuck out during the trip to Baitel, and the sword is a bit of safety insurance, which is something that we've established as having on standby following the first time we got lost.

11.: Between the two of us, Enkidel is the responsible older brother to Danal's immature younger brother. And two years of non-stop hanging out in the same house probably made us pretty close.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 27, 2013

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1D.

2I. Danal is our best friend and all, but also our only friend. If we befriend someone else, we'll effectively double our number of friends!

3A.

4F.

5F.

6A.

7E.

8A.

9K. Sometimes I get to watch Tudiya do king stuff!

I wonder what it is the people at the other temple won't help Tudiya with, and I think that following the king around might be the best way of finding this out.

10A - no sword.

11A.

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 27, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Wow! We lucked out on Snarles!

Where is the Monkey? I don't want to over retcon it, but if he was just abandoned by Danal we should: 1) reflect on that; 2) adopt him and make sure that Snarles is used to him and he is used to Snarles.

1-Sleep:
D Keza :argh: Also, find a rooftop where we can sometimes sleep, stash things and seek refuge if needed.
2- Fetch!
D then give the ball to Danal and say 'woof' flatly, smiling and laughing.
3- Mischief
A always help, but be as smart as possible. Make sure to do our best to really plan out the pranks thoroughly. Chores? Sitting in the corner? Pfft. No beatings? Piece of cake.
4- Influence
F I really like some of the other options, but circumstance has really given us an iron will as well as a sort of moral compass. Probably our eventual doom. No violence though in this. We have had a bellyful of that particular path. We do not want control Danal. We want to make sure we have a plan and consequences are really accounted for and Danal understands. This should add to the adventure rather than being an unfun drag.. We had this beat into us.
5- Otherness
C Would we really want to be just like all these other people? We are different and it is natural. It's not even something think about a lot except... Wonder who our Dad is? We should ask Ishamal since he is from Baitel and really old. We should ask Mom for details. We should work on it. How far away is Baitel?
6- Attire
A ummm... Is our junk hanging out? Significantly different than one their split kilts? Can we get a styling open vest? A bag or pack to carry stuff?
7- Chores
A but man Z tells some amazing stories!
8- Belief
G Belief? We don't need to believe. These gods exist. We have been spoken to. We have seen 'demons' and been. in the workshop of a god. We are wearing god made sandals and carrying around a god made flute. Belief is not necessary. How could we not believe in the various powers of entire multiple pantheons. So called demons. Yes. El pantheon. Yes. Melachim. Yes. Probably the stuff we heard about the Sun, Moon and Stars is true too. Why wouldn't it be. This is just what so about the world. We are respectful and curious.
9- Free time
D Explore the city. I want to study the King and become a literate wise barbarian, but I am not sure anyone has ever suggested anything about this being valuable. If they have we can apply ourselves to it no matter how hard. I want the skills from some of the other ones, but I think we would explore the city by day and by night. We should learn from city life and memorize the city. Find its secret ways, etc. Of course we take Snarles! Along with being stubborn we are also apparently curious ( also possibly our eventual doom). I feel we might miss the ocean, as only people who have grown up with the sea can do.
10- Sneaking with Danal
A Of course we do this, but find a wooden practice sword. Be smart, work it out with Danal. Scout out places to explore during the day and then go there with Danal at night. Always make a plan. Always take Snarles. Maybe Danal has a dog for sneaking?
11- Danal is...
E our partner in crime of course (yet another source of our doom since punishments are likely to land very unequally). He is our only friend and we don't really have a reference for brothers. Of course he will be the King, but though I would like our attention their don't think that is how it is foe Enkidel/Og. We are stubborn, willful, curious, follishly brave, given to protecting, oddly respectful/humble (we did not just vandalize all the lootz in the forest art temple), but we are not cynical.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 27, 2013

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
1. D. We need to establish independence.
2. G. NOT A DOG.
3. A.
4. F + G.
5. F.
6. C.
7. B.
8. E.
9. K.
10. A.
11. B.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

1. D We are thirteen and approaching adulthood. Space for ourselves is important, besides it lets us do pranks and poo poo more easily. However, we occasionally sneak into our mother's room to spend time with her. Like when Danal treated us as a dog, or when people were particularly mean to us.

2. D+I I got the ball via Snarls Barkley and then chatted up the girl.

3. A bit of A+B. Basically, we help him out so long as it's not too dangerous to himself or others, or disrespecting El. However, we cover for him to an extent as well. Not completely, but we do try at times, depending on the situation.

4. D+F+G We know we're badass, so we have the confidence. But we also don't want him to be hurt and we want him to grow to be a wise king. Part of that is taking advice, so we persist, and part of that is not being a brat. We don't want to be Mr. Responsibility, but we keep him aware of his position.

5. D, though not total denial. We try not to let it sway us, and mom cheers us up when we go to her after something particularly bad. Danal helps too, but he sometimes can be the cause of it, like when he treated us as a dog!

6. A+E We wear loincloth in private, with mother, and with Danal. Also at play. But when we are before the king, or someone else of important, we dress as befits the station of the prince's playmate. I suspect robes are what children and women wear, so I don't mind wearing the robes until we're 13, at which point we wear what wealthy men wear.

7. E, here we will receive religious education which we consider of paramount importance after what we went through. Also, I want to discuss our own experiences with this priest; he is old, and he is wise in the ways of El and demons. He may be able to explain what we experienced. Also, time away from Danal can be good at times.

8. A, pretty self-explanatory. After what we went through, and with our magic flute and sandals that kind of fit what we know of adventures and not Asherah so much, we belive in El. We do not deny Asherah and the power of other demons, we simply do not consider it to be important compared to El. Especially since Ishamal literally beat the Asherah out of us, despite not being a god.

9. K+L+A We typically watch Tudiyah attend to his duties. However, we give up much time to learning to write and gaining an education. During breaks and at night, when no one is around, we play our flutes. The magic flute for inspiration, the normal flute for practice.

10. A, to keep an eye on him and to be verification of Danal's identity if anyone tries to gently caress with him. I am the only of my type in the city, and that alone should serve as proof that Danal is the prince. If that is not enough, I will defend Danal. But typically no trouble happens and I rein in Danal's wilder impulses.

11. C+B+A He is future king, best friend, and brother.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 27, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Sogol posted:

Wow! We lucked out on Snarles!

Where is the Monkey? I don't want to over retcon it, but if he was just abandoned by Danal we should: 1) reflect on that; 2) adopt him and make sure that Snarles is used to him and he is used to Snarles.

Monkey is in Danal's room and sometimes joins the two of you during the day, but not all of the time.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Sogol posted:

6- Attire
A ummm... Is our junk hanging out? Significantly different than one their split kilts? Can we get a styling open vest? A bag or pack to carry stuff?

As previously stated. It does indeed at times "leave little to the imagination".

It is a piece of leather tied about your hips by a cord. Your women go topless. Your village did not have much in the way of taboos of nudity. The people of Zepath clearly have a different opinion on the matter.

No one here wears a vest, you do not know what one is. Backpacks have not been invented yet. Bags have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1 B I don't really even like soft beds.
2 D Barkely happily plays fetch.
3 A. Little pranks are fun.
4 D We are bros for life, and bros look out for bros.
5 B Danal is the best little brother.
6 A Laincloths are the superior garment.
7 E Share you wisdom with me, old one.
8 E Fight temple sounds fun.
9 A Toot that flute.
10. A Don't need a sword.
11. B We are best bros for life!

Voting this for 8.

Sogol posted:

8- Belief
G Belief? We don't need to believe. These gods exist. We have been spoken to. We have seen 'demons' and been. in the workshop of a god. We are wearing god made sandals and carrying around a god made flute. Belief is not necessary. How could we not believe in the various powers of entire multiple pantheons. So called demons. Yes. El pantheon. Yes. Melachim. Yes. Probably the stuff we heard about the Sun, Moon and Stars is true too. Why wouldn't it be. This is just what so about the world. We are respectful and curious.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 27, 2013