Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derekf
Nov 20, 2005
5 years late
Anelka went from 5.5 and 2 points in week 1 to -149,199 net transfers to 5.4 week 2 with that false rumour. He might be a decent pick @5.4 if he manages to make himself starter at WBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

It wasn't a false rumor, he just came back.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The false rumour was about him retiring.

e: He did tell his coach he might do it but yeah, it didn't happen.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Dzeko as captain because Hull. poo poo and subbed at half-time. Brilliant.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I have two Hull players on my bench. :negative:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

It was a stroke of genius not to play them. :smug:

Time to sell Dzeko. Welp!

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Took a points hit to get both Zabaleta and Silva in my team, and captained Zabaleta. One of the few good decisions I've made so far.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

If your team has defenders, you're having a good week so far.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

The Natural posted:

If your team has defenders, you're having a good week so far.

Im loving it op im smacking my lips and praying Everton keep a clean sheet

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
My opponent has managed to fill up almost all of his "left to play" spots exclusively with Tottenham and Arsenal players.

This was a bad idea, mate

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I put Zabaleta in this week and then changed my mind and put in Aguero instead and chose not to take the points hit.
*walks down the street in a haze shouting KUN WAS A BAD CHOICE*

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

loving Hell

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Welp, swapped Kompany out for Toure because of a groin injury, and now Toure has a groin injury and isn't playing tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't too serious. He looked really good in the first two weeks.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

brasstassels posted:

Welp, swapped Kompany out for Toure because of a groin injury, and now Toure has a groin injury and isn't playing tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't too serious. He looked really good in the first two weeks.

PLease put vidic in your team next

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

brasstassels posted:

This is why you Americans should pay attention to the Capital One Cup (P.S. it was My Club that kicked the gently caress out of Kolo, you're welcome)

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
I'm terrible at fantasy football. I don't have the patience not to gently caress with my team and avoid racking up transfer penalties.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
24 points this week, down to ~200th out of 217 :suicide:

I'm pretty bad at this fantasy lark

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
hmmm...I really want to put in Ozil!! Going to lose points this week by the looks of it

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

JadaX posted:

hmmm...I really want to put in Ozil!! Going to lose points this week by the looks of it

Priced 9.5 you think?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wait till after the Internationals before making any transfers.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

probably a good time to use WC1 imo.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

irlZaphod posted:

Wait till after the Internationals before making any transfers.

Unless, like me, you had John O'Shea.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Wazzerphuk posted:

Unless, like me, you had John O'Shea.
Well that just seems like a bad idea.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Defenders seem to be getting a lot more of those sweet, sweet bonus points this season. I managed 65 points and a leap to 5th this week even though I had to sit Benteke, Ivanovic and Hazard!

Hope Van Persie remains the most captained player all year as people desperately cling to their most expensive signing, even when his big weeks are followed by 1 or 2 pointers.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

3 wins from 3 and top of the table in TYK H2H4

Proof, if any more were needed, of the superiority of Brave English Lions when it comes to kicking footballs.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Looks like my assumption that week 1 was the best I'd do looked accurate. Currently at 5th and I imagine I'll drop a bit more over the next few weeks.

I feel the current craze for defenders is a little premature, and I expect that over the next weeks we'll see a more balanced set of results as more goals start turning up, but it does certainly seem like things are a lot more balanced wrt to points, particularly with cb's, and addressing my weak backline will probably be my priority at least.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

I forgot to clean out the Chelsea and Villa players and well, I've got a few of those :downs:

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Do I trust Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who used to score goals in another country, or Darren Bent, who used to score goals in the past?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Psybro posted:

Do I trust Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who used to score goals in another country, or Darren Bent, who used to score goals in the past?

The past is another country. Flip a coin.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Decided to drop Sigurdson and Dzeko for Ben Arfa and Giroud.

I dropped Lukaku for Benteke last week. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me now that Lukaku is at Everton.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mertesacker and Özil struck by mystery illness :argh:. That plus the lack of Silva mean I'll be fielding 3 Norwich players, a proven tactic in fantasy football.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

vuohiliitto posted:

Mertesacker and Özil struck by mystery illness :argh:.

For gently caress's sake. I thought it would've taken the Arsenal physios longer to ruin him.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Decided to drop Sigurdson and Dzeko for Ben Arfa and Giroud.

I dropped Lukaku for Benteke last week. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me now that Lukaku is at Everton.

Lukaku is ineligible today at least so you're okay

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hmm logged into my fantasy team after the international break and my entire bench is injured, drat nice

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

My only players playing in the 3 o clocks (and vidic)-

Vidic captain clean sheet
Two Spurs clean sheets (jinx)
Benteke goal
Giroud goal + assist
Whittingham goal

Sabermetrics please

Duncan Sperguson fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 14, 2013

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
5 of my first team didn't play this weekend, including my captain. I've lost the ability to care enough, the last two years I was tinkering every couple of days, this year I haven't even changed up my starters since the first week. End result: 25 points.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Hoops posted:

5 of my first team didn't play this weekend, including my captain. I've lost the ability to care enough, the last two years I was tinkering every couple of days, this year I haven't even changed up my starters since the first week. End result: 25 points.
Just 3 of mine but no Johnson to come, it was my captain and vice captain and I had Benteke on the bench. Luckily Begovic, Zabaleta, Jagielka and Giroud managed to salvage something, 39.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
gently caress everybody in my team but Benteke.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Here's the GW4 results for TRP H2H3:

pre:
Big Brendans Boys FC	47 - 37	Daddy Mourinho
Ice Cream Kids		40 - 53	Physical Media FC
LaytownRulez		57 - 57	Vapor Genies
The Craven Cottagers	53 - 49	Arkansas Albion
wayth FC		55 - 38	Radish FC
Bankrupt & Relegated	59 - 41	Flaming Mou's
FC Porto Dragon		35 - 61	The Chosen Few
AFC Jigga		28 - 42	Teacup United
Game of Throw-Ins	46 - 54	Not in the face
Ding Dong XI		55 - 41	Sleeper Service
The Craven Cottagers maintain their 100% record, staying 2 points clear of LaytownRulez, with a further 5 teams just 1 point back.

Fixtures for GW5:

pre:
Not in the face	 	v	Big Brendans Boys FC
Physical Media FC	v	wayth FC
Daddy Mourinho	 	v	The Craven Cottagers
Ice Cream Kids	 	v	LaytownRulez
Teacup United	 	v	Sleeper Service
The Chosen Few	 	v	Ding Dong XI
Flaming Mou's	 	v	Game of Throw-Ins
Radish FC	 	v	AFC Jigga
Arkansas Albion	 	v	FC Porto Dragon
Vapor Genies	 	v	Bankrupt & Relegated
Tough away trip for Big Brendans Boys FC, to 4th place Not in the face. With Soldado having a bit of a dry patch, he may find himself losing his place in the squad and getting transferred out in favour of an actual good player. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Because I'm liking this additional thread content this year:

GW4 results for TRP H2H2:
pre:
FC What You Heard	58 - 60	Broken Metatarsals
Borussia Boom Boom	56 - 59	Borussia Bortmund
Pure Indulgence	        42 - 44	Wenger Knows
Axis Of Evil	        36 - 80	Walex FC
Like a Boas	        67 - 48	Red Scare
Real Jolson	        63 - 65	Wilfried Boner
Chemical Snails	        29 - 43	Pizza Party!!!!!!!!
Madeleine McCantona	66 - 46	Smack My Pitch Up
SC Draper Pryce	        43 - 51	Sunday Assassins
Villa Victis	        37 - 45	Witnits
A lot of super-close matches this week, and Wilfried Boner and Wenger Knows both make it 4 wins out of 4 at the top, while Borussia Boom Boom and Real Jolson are yet to take even a single point at the bottom.

GW5 Fixtures:
pre:
Broken Metatarsals	v	Borussia Boom Boom
Wenger Knows	        v	Real Jolson
Borussia Bortmund	v	Like a Boas
Pure Indulgence	        v	Axis Of Evil
Sunday Assassins	v	Witnits
Smack My Pitch Up	v	Villa Victis
Pizza Party!!!!!!!!	v	FC What You Heard
Wilfried Boner	        v	SC Draper Pryce
Red Scare	        v	Madeleine McCantona
Walex FC	        v	Chemical Snails
Wilfried Boner have the tougher matchup this week, facing off with 4th placed SC Draper Pryce, while Wenger Knows get to face the whipping boys that are Real Jolson.

• Locked thread