Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Always get Elder Pledge. Never get the covenant, never click wrath cookies. The Elder frenzy isn't as good as a frenzy + lucky which you'll get quite often with goldens, and frenzy + click frenzy is absurdly good, like you'll get a day or two's worth of cps in a few seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

Torka posted:

I'm cheating with the automatic golden cookie clicker, but it's still not worth getting the covenant, right? I'm assuming the ridiculous boost from the Elder frenzy more than makes up for all the times you get Clot or Ruin.

Without looking at percentages, elder frenzy is like a 5% chance, while golden cookies consistently provide very nice bonuses.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Citycop posted:

:catstare: :catstare:
I can't count that high.
What's that thing at the bottom?
A greasemonkey script or is that part of the latest update?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

What's that thing at the bottom?
A greasemonkey script or is that part of the latest update?

it MIGHT be a thing called cookie monster, a scrip or something. It's not official though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Torka posted:

I'm cheating with the automatic golden cookie clicker, but it's still not worth getting the covenant, right? I'm assuming the ridiculous boost from the Elder frenzy more than makes up for all the times you get Clot or Ruin.
Golden cookies are definitely better than red cookies once you've banked enough to get the full frenzy + lucky payout.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Avocados posted:

it MIGHT be a thing called cookie monster, a scrip or something. It's not official though.
I just googled cookie monster thinking it would bring up that script. :downs:
Cookie Clicker Wiki page for the script

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Torka posted:

If you can maintain pledge, Covenant isn't worth it. If you can't (going away for more than an hour) then Covenant is worth it.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Looks like the 100 upgrade achievement is bugged. I have 93 and just got it from buying elder pledges :toot:.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

I wanted to go out and do things today, but...

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Thanks for the help, guys.

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
I've been clicking golden cookies for the last 4 hours (watching TV and clicking when they show up) and have yet to get a clicking frenzy and frenzy at the same time. Am I missing something? Do I need to have a certain amount of cookies banked for it to even show up?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

You need the upgrade that gives you double duration on your golden cookies. I think you need 77 golden cookies for it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

To Vex a Stranger posted:

I've been clicking golden cookies for the last 4 hours (watching TV and clicking when they show up) and have yet to get a clicking frenzy and frenzy at the same time. Am I missing something? Do I need to have a certain amount of cookies banked for it to even show up?

Yes, along with the crazy expensive upgrades that double golden cookie effects.

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
Sorry should have mentioned I have all of the golden cookie upgrades, and elder covenant. Maybe I'm just rather unlucky, I never get the clickinhg bonus. It's always the x7 bonus or the Lucky! cookies. I think I've only seen 3 cookie chains, too, in 2 weeks.

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:

To Vex a Stranger posted:

Sorry should have mentioned I have all of the golden cookie upgrades, and elder covenant. Maybe I'm just rather unlucky, I never get the clickinhg bonus. It's always the x7 bonus or the Lucky! cookies. I think I've only seen 3 cookie chains, too, in 2 weeks.

That's because Clicking Frenzy has only a 1.6625% chance of occurring and Chains only have a 0.32916% chance of occurring.

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
Stupid odds. I really just want to get a trillion cookies from each click, is that so much to ask?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should have an achievement for getting a quadrillion without clicking any golden cookies.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Khanstant posted:

They should have an achievement for getting a quadrillion without clicking any golden cookies.

What would be the point?

It's difficult to get to a million without clicking because a decent chunk of your early income is from clicking the cookie. NOT clicking the cookie slows down production immensely, to the point that getting your very first cursor is an agonizing game of waiting for a random chance golden cookie with a random chance of giving you 13 cookies which isn't enough anyway so you need to wait even longer and the waiting would be over after just two clicks but if you want the achievement you need to wait. It's difficult cause you know for a fact that you can get way, way, way more cookies by clicking the cookie than you can by waiting for the cursors to click it for you.

That difficulty is gone by the time you reach a million because by then the vast majority of your cookie production is from your buildings CPS, so by then clicking the cookie is almost a hassle since it gives such a minuscule return compared to what you're making every second. And that doesn't change as you get more buildings. Really, by the time you hit a million cookies, you're not gonna be clicking the cookie anymore. So getting to quadrillion without clicking is trivial after getting to a million without clicking.

EDIT: Derp. :v:

But that would require a save wipe now that gold cookie clicks count across resets.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 16, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

What would be the point?

It's difficult to get to a million without clicking because a decent chunk of your early income is from clicking the cookie. NOT clicking the cookie slows down production immensely, to the point that getting your very first cursor is an agonizing game of waiting for a random chance golden cookie with a random chance of giving you 13 cookies which isn't enough anyway so you need to wait even longer and the waiting would be over after just two clicks but if you want the achievement you need to wait. It's difficult cause you know for a fact that you can get way, way, way more cookies by clicking the cookie than you can by waiting for the cursors to click it for you.

That difficulty is gone by the time you reach a million because by then the vast majority of your cookie production is from your buildings CPS, so by then clicking the cookie is almost a hassle since it gives such a minuscule return compared to what you're making every second. And that doesn't change as you get more buildings. Really, by the time you hit a million cookies, you're not gonna be clicking the cookie anymore. So getting to quadrillion without clicking is trivial after getting to a million without clicking.

They said not clicking any golden cookies.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

What would be the point?

He said golden cookies.

edit: are clicking frenzies bugged? I finally got one after hours of clicking golden cookies, and the text said it would last for 26 seconds, but it didn't feel anywhere near that long.

Hamsterlady fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 16, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I guess time flies when you're clicking like a madman. They definitely last 26s for me.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ughgghghggh I hope the dungeons include a sort of end state. Y'know, like EnderGrandmas that help you bake the EnderCookie.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

President Ark posted:

Interesting - according to cookie monster, Alchemy labs are disproportionately inefficient compared to other things.

You might even say that transmuting gold to cookies isn't that cost efficient?

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Quite frankly, anything beyond a cookie factory is just preposterous and is ruining my cookie immersion :colbert:

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Highest Cactus posted:

Quite frankly, anything beyond a cookie factory is just preposterous and is ruining my cookie immersion :colbert:

Aliens are real and they probably have some sort of biscuit food to trade with us

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
K I'm going to try to quit cold turkey in favor of important poo poo to do this week. Not even going to have it open in a background tab gaining cookies. Let's see if I can do this. God I hope I can cuz I got poo poo to do.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
I really need to start cheating, then I know I'll finally be able to break from this terrible game, but every time I go to do it update happens and I don't want to be a cheater.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
This is annoying me, I clearly have well over the amount of cookies necessary to purchase the "One Mind" upgrade. But attempting to click on the upgrade to buy it doesn't actually do anything.

What gives?

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Refresh

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
10 more condensers and I can finally reset for the first time. :negative:

This is what they mean when they say the after the first 90%, you only have the remaining 90% left, isn't it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

10 more condensers and I can finally reset for the first time. :negative:

This is what they mean when they say the after the first 90%, you only have the remaining 90% left, isn't it.

I shut down my laptop out of habit when I still had a window open with the incorrect Condenser cost in it. They jumped up to 878 trillion for #89 from something significantly lower than that. I suppose I should be thankful I even got 88.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
This game has got me thinking about how many cookies, realistically, is too many.

Like if you were producing a trillion cookies a day, that would be enough for every person on earth (and lots of animals) to have a big bag of cookies every day. Not nutritionally ideal, but potentially beneficial to a lot of people.

I'm currently producing 1.4+ billion cookies per second. I read that if you had a billion peas, that would be enough to fill the Royal Albert Hall (this was calculated as part of a thought experiment about atoms).

A billion cookies a second is a lot of cookies.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

This is annoying me, I clearly have well over the amount of cookies necessary to purchase the "One Mind" upgrade. But attempting to click on the upgrade to buy it doesn't actually do anything.

What gives?

Probably your popup blocker.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

h_double posted:

This game has got me thinking about how many cookies, realistically, is too many.

Like if you were producing a trillion cookies a day, that would be enough for every person on earth (and lots of animals) to have a big bag of cookies every day. Not nutritionally ideal, but potentially beneficial to a lot of people.

I'm currently producing 1.4+ billion cookies per second. I read that if you had a billion peas, that would be enough to fill the Royal Albert Hall (this was calculated as part of a thought experiment about atoms).

A billion cookies a second is a lot of cookies.

It is not enough until the higgs field has been replaced with whole milk.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

Germstore posted:

It is not enough until the higgs field has been replaced with whole milk.

Screw you and your whole milk. Raspberry or bust.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

This worked. Why did this work? Ah well, I'll take it.

Also, I wasn't aware buying One Mind instantly replaced Golden Cookies with Red Cookies, I thought you had to go all the way up to Elder Pact before that started happening.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently Japan found out about Cookie Clicker yesterday.

There's a bunch of crossover pictures with their current hot browser game (anime WWII battleships).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I really didn't need to see that but thanks for the news anyway!

edit: Or maybe I did need to see that. I can't tell anymore. I'm sitting here with like 50 quadrillion cookies so I don't think I have room to talk.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

because gently caress fake cookies. I win.

Alright, I wasn't going to drop by the store today, but this made me rethink my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I bought Kitten Engineer and went from 607m/sec to 976m/sec. I must have hosed up the equation because I thought it would be a bit over 15%, not 150% (and two condensers gets me over the 1B/s mark).

• Locked thread