Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

N A D+F

Not only is using the staff dishonorable, it also escalates things. There are other weapons around, and people will grab them, and blood will be spilled.

We need to keep Danal out've this. If he joins in anyway, at least we can tell Tudiya that we told him not to.

Help the slaves get the horns, but try to "accidentally" break Lullaya's nose in the process. We're on opposite sides anyway, right?

We were forced to take abuse with impunity for years, let's not go back there ever again.

UppaTree fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Sogol posted:

1-B. no staff. No escalation. We are in it now, but don't need to get Danal killed in the process.
2-B. We are both likely to get hurt and then punished, but we kept him away from the actual battle by ordering him. Time to ease up. It's a calculated risk. We might get it wrong, but hopefully not too far wrong.
3-I other. We don't actually lust after the horns ourselves, but we are stubborn as hell ( as in option C, but without the need to get both horns). We want to support Danal's victory with all of that stubbornness and scrappiness we can muster. Yes, we might take a pretty good beating. We might give as good as we get. One thing is for sure, we know what it is like to get really beaten and it is not something we avoided or were scared of. We should at least minimally know how not to get seriously injured when someone is beating on us, since this was literally beaten into us for the first years of our life. Try to keep Danal's odds even taking any flankers and such. Clear a path for him if possible. Victory run (because we will get a horn) is toward the Ishamal BBQ of course.

With a bit of F and G. While following Sogol's plan I, exact revenge on those who have tormented us.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Sogol posted:

For now:
1-B. no staff. No escalation. We are in it now, but don't need to get Danal killed in the process.
2-B. We are both likely to get hurt and then punished, but we kept him away from the actual battle by ordering him. Time to ease up. It's a calculated risk. We might get it wrong, but hopefully not too far wrong.
3-I other. We don't actually lust after the horns ourselves, but we are stubborn as hell ( as in option C, but without the need to get both horns). We want to support Danal's victory with all of that stubbornness and scrappiness we can muster. Yes, we might take a pretty good beating. We might give as good as we get. One thing is for sure, we know what it is like to get really beaten and it is not something we avoided or were scared of. We should at least minimally know how not to get seriously injured when someone is beating on us, since this was literally beaten into us for the first years of our life. Try to keep Danal's odds even taking any flankers and such. Clear a path for him if possible. Victory run (because we will get a horn) is toward the Ishamal BBQ of course.

Edit: they always shout a battle cry, even when they offed Sushem. What should we shout as we enter the fray. Something certainly.

Voting Plan Sogol. Voting we shout 'Barbecue' but in our native tongue.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

Challenging someone to fight in Zepathan society is a big deal. If you challenge him, he is very likely to accept, even if that means the two of you both stop fighting over the horns, to duke it out. He is bigger, stronger and a year older than you.

Seeing my plan is a longshot at this time, we should train extra hard to challenge this guy in a year or so.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

1. B

2. B

3. We're the distraction! Have Danal get the unaffiliateds or younger ones to help him. Call Paebel over and tell him that if we work together, one of the horns will be his and the other Danals. Then wade into the fight try and be the biggest most annoying rear end in a top hat, punch Lullaya in the head, call him out for being a sheep lover, etc. While the fight becomes a huge brawl around us, Danal and Paebal can get the horns and gtfo.

Voting this.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B
2. B
3. C

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Y'know what? Changing my vote to Plan Coconut Tree

The horns themselves aren't important. What's important is that the future king of Zepath not grow up to be an rear end in a top hat. While we've still got Big Brother Cred, let's demonstrate a little heroic self-sacrifice to the kid.

Plus we still get to slug Lullaya right in the face. Win-win for all involved. Except maybe us because we're getting the crap monkeystomped clean out've us after this stunt, but it'll be so worth it!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Tomn posted:

While I like this plan in theory, I don't know that it will work - it might get Lullaya's faction brawling, but we've got no guarantee on being able to sucker in the merchant kid's horde as well.

Punch the merchant kid in the back of the head as we go in. Then call him a pig dog and say a savage can beat his rear end.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

1. B

2. B

3. We're the distraction! Have Danal get the unaffiliateds or younger ones to help him. Call Paebel over and tell him that if we work together, one of the horns will be his and the other Danals. Then wade into the fight try and be the biggest most annoying rear end in a top hat, punch Lullaya in the head, call him out for being a sheep lover, etc. While the fight becomes a huge brawl around us, Danal and Paebal can get the horns and gtfo.

This is the plan for me.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed, I finished counting.

Edit: Wow, this one came in very close.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 17, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You place your staff aside, as well as your javelins and charge in screaming alongside Danal, towards Lullaya, who did not see you coming and is currently standing atop Spawn's massive corpse.

Together, you slam into him, you take him high and Danal takes him low, driving him off the body and hard into the ground with a hard thump, knocking the breath out of him.

"Danal! Paebel! Get em!" You yell out.

"GET THIS CANNIBAL OFF ME!" Lullaya yells in rage. His friends, five of the largest and eldest of the group of combatants, turn to try to pull you off him.

As they do, Paebel and Danal make a rush for the horns and then they are away! The rest of Paebel's friends right behind them.

Eriushem and his swarm of youngsters give chase to Paebel, his friends and Danal, but they have a good head start and it seems like they will escape.

Victory!

Sort of.

You have the larger, taller and noticeably stronger Lullaya pinned to the ground, his five friends are trying to pull you off. Any moment they are going to give you the beating of your life. Your staff and javelins are a good 40 feet away they are of no help to you.

You decide to.... (Pick one):

A. Crap. It is probably too late, but I try to get up, get away from Lullaya and run for my life! They have me this moment but if I try NOW to get away there is a small chance I might!

B. I am going to be in a LOT of pain soon anyway. I smash his nose with my forehead, breaking it, then have the crap beaten out of me by his friends!

C. I challenge Lullaya to fight me alone that I the hope that I can beat him. From the understanding of the law and customs of Zepath that I have(see below), I know he will probably hurt me way worse if I lose this way, than if I just got beaten on the ground.

D. I challenge him but when we get up, I run for it! This will be a grave mark of shame, but it is worth it.

E. WAAAAGH! I bite his ear off and spit it out to scare them away and let them know I am a cannibal!

F. I do not fight back or run and tuck into a ball to do my best to lessen the hurt from the serious beating I am about to receive.

G. Something else. Fill in. If you have questions about the general feasibility of a plan, just ask.

Because I spent so much time with Tudiya as he did his Kingly duties, I have a greater understanding of the laws and customs of Zepath and can identify many of the movers and shakers and their families! If I did not spend so much time following the King around, I probably would not know much of this! This knowledge sometimes comes in handy, for example, now!

Athar was very different. There were no laws and no fighting. Spending time with Tudiya probably helped lessen my culture shock a bit!

My understanding the law of hurting people is roughly as follows:

A slave who hits his master is put to death. Full stop. Period.

Hurt a slave, unless they provoke it, pay their master for any injury done causing a loss of their ability to do labor.

A free man who challenges a free man to fight can get away with pretty much anything, though the King may change his mind if things go too far and thinks it very, very unsporting. You don't know the exact status of a slave challenging a free man.

If someone hurts someone else seriously outside of a challenged fight, they have to pay livestock or goods to make up for the injury and will be hurt just as bad if they can't pay. Or become a slave.

Tudiya's time on the Kings Chair in the market involved dealing with people from lots of brawls, as well as arguing merchants and inheritance disputes. As far as I can tell, it is not a crime at all to hurt someone as long as long as there is no permanent injury!

Based on the nature of the conflict and your knowledge of Tudiya's views, you can guess that no one present will get in trouble unless they cause serious permanent injuries. Lullaya and his friends will probably get off scott free if they kick your rear end, short of breaking bones. In light of the fact it is now six on one and everyone decided to join the general brawl, there is a good chance you might get away with breaking his nose. Though they are still likely to pummel you...

Aiming for a second update tonight, if we get enough votes by then sevenish hours from now.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 17, 2013

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
B Take THAT.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
B Let's give him something to remember this by.

Oh and taunt him mercilessly, while we still have the chance.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 17, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

edit: Vote changed from B to C.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 17, 2013

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
B

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Ha, hahaha, haHAHAHA!

Some.. Some kids are going to give us a breating? Bitch, please, we've taken blows from a grown man during our earliest childhood years. Our first notable memory involves getting our forehead sliced with a knife, seeing our mother beaten senseless, and then surviving a ritual drowning.

We know pain like an old friend, and we are not afraid, can this little gently caress say the same? Let's find out!

B

In the end, he's proven that he can take a smaller kid if the odds are six-on-one, and he still can't escape unscathed - that's just loving shameful.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
B, gently caress him up.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
All aboard the B:bandwagon:!

I love it when a plan comes together.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Enkidel got himself into this mess. He should take his dues with dignity.

F. Protect yourself as best as possible and stand the assault and pain. 100% defense, 0% attack.
Changing my vote for the express purpose of assuring more honorable actions are done.

OhYo fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 18, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

OhYo posted:

F. Protect yourself as best as possible and stand the assault and pain. 100% defense, 0% attack.
I should have included that as an option. Edited to make that F and added G as a fill in option.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Be a man. Go head to head with him. This is our best chance to pay him back. We can do way worse than just break his nose in a challenge fight. We can teach him the real meaning of pain as we've personally experienced. Plus, even if we lose, going head to head for any decent length of time with one of the young nobles who are supposed to be stronger and tougher than normal people will do our reputation a world of good. Even if we lose. People respect Bareen just for being able to spar with a Mighty Man, even though she lost.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

G = B + do our damndest to fight off as many of his friends as we can. An assbeating is a foregone conclusion, we may as well give as good as we get.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Question: How fast are we compared to these boys? Which directions are they coming from? Which way did Danal run?

Voting to A run away + And mock them as you run.

Changed vote to B.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 17, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B Someone needs to take him down a peg.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Question: How fast are we compared to these boys? Which directions are they coming from? Which way did Danal run?

Voting to A run away + And mock them as you run.
They are about a year older, bigger, stronger and probably faster than you.

They are already trying to pull you off him.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

OhYo posted:

I'm also voting this.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

E: WAAAAGH

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Dio posted:

You place your staff aside, as well as your javelins and charge in screaming alongside Danal, towards Lullaya, who did not see you coming and is currently standing atop Snarl's massive corpse.

What? Someone killed (hurt, looked cross-eyed at) Snarl's?!? Kill them all! Kill their families'! Burn their homes and salt their fields!

Hold on... A what? Oh. Erm... Apologize for all that murder and mayhem? Run?

Victory!!! :smith:

G not going with zero defense, but we knew the risks. No need to escalate or increase them. We made our point. The horns are gone. Danal is safe(ish).

If we escalate (draw blood, break noses) it changes the fight. It also changes the parameters of victory conditions for the fight and they will seek to draw blood and break bones. (Fights have victory conditions and you win by exceeding those of your opponents. We have certainly seen this among Melachim sparring. Not likely a good plan here since it is one against many and they will exceed anything we bring resulting in really nasty violence for us.) There is a time for full on street fighting. This is not it. Do be aware that if we can headbutt him he can butt us and be prepared to tuck our chin.

At least Danal is safe(ish). Mission #1 accomplished. He has lead us into the fray and emerged victorious and all. Unfortunate about us being collateral damage and all.

Running is just out. Too many long term negative consequences and simply not in our character. It does not even occur to us as an option. Minimizing damage and giving a good showing would be it.

Give as good a showing as we are able within the current unspoken conditions while defending ourselves. We seem to be full on thoughtful entering such things now, but don't back down a step. We are an oddly willful, stubborn bastard (so to speak). We get beaten. Fine. Not the first time.

Note: we got exactly no defense for our actions. None. We were protecting Danal? Really? Why was he there in the first place? Verbal protestations of honor, casting things on Danal, anything along these lines will only make it worse. This is possibly not the first beating we get over this.

(Speaking of Snarls... )

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Typo, I meant spawn, driving now however.

Absum
May 28, 2013

G

Just fight them, don't explicitly try to break things, but if you do, no problem.
More importantly, keep them busy untill Danal and Paebal are farther away.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Enkidel stands no chance in a six versus one fight, and with half the city either busy fending off minotaurs or hiding within their houses there simply might not be anyone to intervene. Being honorable doesn't mean we can't have a few much needed tricks up our sleeve, though. He might be bigger, stronger and faster than us, but he can't hit what he doesn't see. During the fight, throw a handful of sand in his face, then start pummeling.

Should he refuse the challenge, Enkidel will ask him if he's scared of losing to a cannibal. If he still refuses Enkidel will result to insulting Lullaya's mother. "I saw your mother fight at the front line today. One of Ishamal's friends ran a spear through her and now they're roasting her over an open fire". Then moo loudly and laugh.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Absum posted:

G

Just fight them, don't explicitly try to break things, but if you do, no problem.
More importantly, keep them busy untill Danal and Paebal are farther away.
^^ what he said...

Though plan Zybourne has appeal. When will we have the chance to call someone's mother a Minotaur again? We should do this whatever the vote result.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
You guys are always talking of adventure or teaching our prince friend of the honorable path. Then you go with the second-most dishonorable decision. Dirty fighting.

C: Challenge.

We are full of adrenaline, have seen horrible things and have the will to stop 'angles' and 'demons' in our minds from taking hold. This kid is bigger but he is some spoiled poo poo from a middle class life, he was just knocked to the ground and he would have a lot more pressure (choke) to win a challenge.

We have watched mighty men battle and soldiers spar while this prick just bullies. I like our chances, despite needing another year to guarantee our physique also is superior.

If we do lose then we learn a LOT about fighting, which is also what we have wanted for a while now anyway. The beating for a lost challenge might be worse but the beating we can take was not really the concern. Hard knock life etc. This also brings a bit of honor to our name. We will be the cannibal that issued a challenge and obeyed the honorable laws. If for whatever reason they break any social norm then it falls on them.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

WhiteOutMouse posted:

You guys are always talking of adventure or teaching our prince friend of the honorable path. Then you go with the second-most dishonorable decision. Dirty fighting.

We are full of adrenaline, have seen horrible things and have the will to stop 'angles' and 'demons' in our minds from taking hold. This kid is bigger but he is some spoiled poo poo from a middle class life, he was just knocked to the ground and he would have a lot more pressure (choke) to win a challenge.

We have watched mighty men battle and soldiers spar while this prick just bullies. I like our chances, despite needing another year to guarantee our physique also is superior.

If we do lose then we learn a LOT about fighting, which is also what we have wanted for a while now anyway. The beating for a lost challenge might be worse but the beating we can take was not really the concern. Hard knock life etc. This also brings a bit of honor to our name. We will be the cannibal that issued a challenge and obeyed the honorable laws. If for whatever reason they break any social norm then it falls on them.

You know what? Changing my vote from B to

We're gonna kick his rear end. And then we'll make him into our follower, like a true hero. Don't just break his nose, break his pride.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Do to others what you would want them to do to you, not do to others what others have done to you. That's basically the sentiment I'd like to bring up for those vying for retaliation.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Breaking his pride is a far sweeter victory than breaking his bones.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Should he refuse the challenge, Enkidel will ask him if he's scared of losing to a cannibal. If he still refuses Enkidel will result to insulting Lullaya's mother. "I saw your mother fight at the front line today. One of Ishamal's friends ran a spear through her and now they're roasting her over an open fire". Then moo loudly and laugh.
This too.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Crap. This is very persuasive.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'm by phone so no icons - sorry Canuck!

B, but I want to taunt him that he can't beat me without his friends when they inevitably give us a beatdown. I also wish to invoke my original insult about him needimg the horns due to missing a certain piece of his anatomy. So if that's extra enough for a G vote then that's what it is.

Also, don't post and drive Diog! Tsk Tsk...

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

They are about a year older, bigger, stronger and probably faster than you.

They are already trying to pull you off him.

Oh, in that case.

VOTING TO BREAK HIS NOSE! B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Seems more sporting this way!