Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
My friend linked me to this "game" on Facebook with a message: "my life is ruined". Thanks, pal, so is mine now. Haven't closed my computer in over a day now. 666 million cookies per second. Have to get more! My girlfriend doesn't understand this at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Arthe Xavier posted:

My girlfriend doesn't understand this at all.

Oh, that's an easy fix.

Have her click the cookie, too. :v:

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Oh, that's an easy fix.

Have her click the cookie, too. :v:

Haha. I'll try. :D

"Come on, honey, just give it a single click, I dare you".

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Arthe Xavier posted:

"Come on, honey, just give it a single click, I dare you".

I did this. She didn't give a single gently caress.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Global warming is increasing because of the autismal game cookie clicker -- IOCC

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Esroc posted:

Is it a good idea to sell off low-yield properties like farms and mines and put the money toward condensers or time machines? I've got 137 farms, but they only churn out 2,740 cookies. Seems kinda useless to keep around since most of my other properties are yielding in the millions.

Use this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html

First, your farms are giving you much more cps than 2,740. Second, the value of your buildings comes from cost/cps, not just cps, and your farms should be cheap. Third, if you sold every single farm you've ever bought, it probably wouldn't even buy your next cursor, grandma, portal, or time machine, let alone a fraction of your next condenser.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Dammerung posted:

Menu >Settings >Particles off should take them out.

Wooo thanks, you can also stop the milk animation.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ramengank posted:

In the endgame especially, Golden Cookies will become your main source of income. With all three golden cookie upgrades, Frenzy will have twice the duration, and a new cookie can spawn while Frenzy is still going. If you get a Lucky or Click Frenzy during it, the effects STACK and you'll get an absurd number of cookies at once.

Well thank you, but I really meant their spawning. I've only seen 3 after playing this for 2 whole days.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

Well thank you, but I really meant their spawning. I've only seen 3 after playing this for 2 whole days.

There are upgrades later on that make them spawn more often.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

Get this script which will add a timer to the next cookie, among some other cool features.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kraps posted:

Get this script which will add a timer to the next cookie, among some other cool features.

Ah! This is amazing, thank you.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
How do I turn on the beta? Seems I'm stupid and can't figure this out.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Ah jesus, I'm 60k cookies into going for True Neverclick, and a new Golden Cookie spawns, I click it, it's a Clicking Frenzy.

...I immedately start clicking the cookie like a trained baboon. :doh:

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

How do you start a True Neverclick? There's zero cookies so a Lucky! wouldn't help you would it?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Kraps posted:

How do you start a True Neverclick? There's zero cookies so a Lucky! wouldn't help you would it?

Nah, a Lucky! cookie also gives a flat 13 cookies, so you'd just need to get two to buy your first cursor!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Kraps posted:

A lucky gave me 13. You need at least 2 to buy a cursor, and after that it's smooth sailing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Arthe Xavier posted:

My girlfriend doesn't understand this at all.

I've been doing this for a couple weeks now, without really saying anything to my girlfriend about it. Ofcourse she's seen me clicking the cookie since I do this on our DVR but she only just recently asked me what the deal with this was. I tried to explain it and she said "Oh so it's like Lemonade Stand?" which is basically how she describes any game that doesn't involve shooting, hitting, driving, or puzzles. I just told her yes and kept on clicking that cookie.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

I just got a click frenzy during a frenzy for the first time, got insanely excited, started flitting my fingers on the trackpad... and accidentally closed the browser. :negative:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Fun when that happens. I had a Frenzy + Clicking Frenzy happen right when my workstation decided to take a massive crap and freeze the entire browser.... for 13 seconds. :suicide:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I just moved. I haven't clicked cookies in about 3 weeks. What did I miss?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Why don't you click and find out? :getin:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

What I missed, apparently, was a new building type that tripled my CpS in a few minutes.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I just started exploring dungeons. Turning off the automation seems to help a bit, since Chip got stuck in one place for like 20 minutes before I did. The enemies seem to get harder the deeper you go, but I think the yield is the same no matter what. Has anyone had any different experience with it yet?

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!

Mendrian posted:

I just started exploring dungeons. Turning off the automation seems to help a bit, since Chip got stuck in one place for like 20 minutes before I did. The enemies seem to get harder the deeper you go, but I think the yield is the same no matter what. Has anyone had any different experience with it yet?
I had it go to around level 160 on autopilot, and the rewards were the same as they were on level 10. Don't think the rewards scale at all yet.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Wait dungeons are live? How do I dungeon?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Should I do the grandma cult thing? Or should I just ignore it? At +500mil/sec right now.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

No, it's still only in the beta.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

Should I do the grandma cult thing? Or should I just ignore it? At +500mil/sec right now.

Yes. The Bingo Center doesn't do new research until you buy the 'DO NOT BUY THIS' upgrades.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

My God, it's full of chips. :stare:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

This is how the world ends. Not with a bang, nor a whimper, but a click.

TypeAskee
Jul 21, 2012

Using Opera?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Ogmius815 posted:

http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/beta/

It uses a separate (internet) cookie from the main game, so you can play that one from scratch or import your main save. The dungeon opens up at 50 factories, so importing a late-game save will get you access right away.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

And then you get to be horribly disappointed as you watch a girlscout walk around in circles for hours occasionally picking up <100k cookies when your cps is in the millions or billions.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Up until yesterday I was enjoying Cookie Clicker, but the disappointing dungeons are kinda hampering my fun :(

I just want more ludicrous buildings that do crazy poo poo to get me more cookies...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Should I bother with the 200 T cookie upgrades on my first run through or just wait for 100 chips and 100 time machines then reset?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

He'll probably re-balance dungeons. Dungeons shouldn't be super active things anyway because this is a game about clicking cookies.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

He'll probably re-balance dungeons. Dungeons shouldn't be super active things anyway because this is a game about clicking cookies.

If the autopilot was relatively intelligent, then it'd work a lot better. As it stands now, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the scout's movements.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Son of a bitch, I clicked the cookie. drat you! drat you to hell!

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Prestiged with 111 chips and got true neverclick. Back up to 5mil CpS and growing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
What are the achievements with the question mark icon? I'm like 74/88 with nothing left but The Digital and the 100 Time Machine/Antimatter Condensor. If 100% on achievements is impossible, I'll have nothing left to live for.

• Locked thread