Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Got Speed Baking III and Hardcore within about 4 minutes. (3036) Heavenly Chips aren't upgrades. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

tractor fanatic posted:

If you're willing to bank an absurd amount of cookies, like a few orders of magnitude more than you need for frenzy + lucky, I could see red cookies being more valuable than golden cookies. Otherwise, stick with the goldens.

At really high levels, click frenzy probably outpaces everything else, since it scales pretty much directly with your banked cookies, while buildings get less and less efficient (in terms of cost/CpS) later on. If my calculations are correct, the 100th AC would take 14.7 years (or 921 frenzied luckies) to pay for itself. Alternately, if you kept the 4 quadrillion cookies in the bank that you would have spend on that 100th AC, you could get around 700 trillion cookies per cookie chain, which would get you another 4 quadrillion in about 6 cookie chains, or 100 red cookies.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Andy Waltfeld posted:

Covenant of course is always awful; never Covenant except for one last cheevo when you get fed up with your run and decide it's time to reset for HCs.

I should at least say that covenant is worthwhile if you're autoclicking gold cookies and idling over long periods of time, since gold cookies are so, so good. But if you're playing the game all manually then yeah covenant is awful.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gils posted:

I should at least say that covenant is worthwhile if you're autoclicking gold cookies and idling over long periods of time, since gold cookies are so, so good. But if you're playing the game all manually then yeah covenant is awful.

Could just auto-buy Pledges too, though.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Could just auto-buy Pledges too, though.

There's a script for that? Well, then, yeah, never buy covenant. Those poor, poor 5% CPS, lost forever

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Gils posted:

There's a script for that? Well, then, yeah, never buy covenant. Those poor, poor 5% CPS, lost forever

This will auto-buy Pledges and auto-click Goldens:

code:
setInterval(function() {
    if (Game.UpgradesInStore.indexOf(Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"]) != -1) Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"].buy();
    if (Game.goldenCookie.life > 0) Game.goldenCookie.click();
}, 100);

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
I decided to stop using cookie monster, yet every time I've tabbed back in there's been a golden cookie. I have become one with the cookie.

Orange juice with cookies sounds disgusting.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Kyrosiris posted:

This will auto-buy Pledges and auto-click Goldens:

code:
setInterval(function() {
    if (Game.UpgradesInStore.indexOf(Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"]) != -1) Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"].buy();
    if (Game.goldenCookie.life > 0 && Game.goldenCookie.wrath == 0) Game.goldenCookie.click();
}, 100);

FTFY.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
But... if it auto buys pledges would it not only generate golden cookies?

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Wrath cookies are still worth clicking, especially if you're using an autoclicker. They're just terrible in comparison to regular golden cookies.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Have they fixed the 240 cursors upgrade yet?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

tractor fanatic posted:

Wrath cookies are still worth clicking, especially if you're using an autoclicker. They're just terrible in comparison to regular golden cookies.

Cookie chain just got me 6.6Qa cookies. Wrath cookies are the poo poo now, buy buy buy buy :getin:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I really thought it would go from raspberry juice to blood.

Cybernemic
Oct 9, 2012

TEEHEEHEE
Blood does not a good Cookie Dunk make.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Robotfisherman posted:

And OJ does? Pretty sure with all the weird body horror stuff in this game that blood is where the milk turning red was going.

I think he made it OJ just to screw with people.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 2, 2013

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Robotfisherman posted:

You're right. It's better for the cookies themselves. Nothing says yummy like some nice chewy period blood cookies!

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Bacon Drew posted:

You're right. It's better for the cookies themselves. Nothing says yummy like some nice chewy period blood cookies!

Red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips are awesome. Safeway has a whole platter of 'em for $5. You're welcome.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I should probably hard reset my save. I just came to the office, sat down at my desk and promptly bought every new upgrade and got all the new achievements instantly. This took less than a minute of my time. :shepface:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Dieting Hippo posted:

Red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips are awesome. Safeway has a whole platter of 'em for $5. You're welcome.

Sounds like you just like white chocolate. Red velvet is gross, shameful imitation of chocolate, a putrid relic left over from world war 2 rationing. I'm sorry your taste buds don't work, or that you don't know any better. If there was something I could do to fix you, and everyone else who agrees with you, I would.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 2, 2013

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

I've found that the best strategy is to click very fast.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dieting Hippo posted:

Those are loving delicious. In fact, I will go eat one now.

Also when Dieting Hippo says "a whole platter", he means fifty loving cookies.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Tried to update to the new version, and paid the price for my insolence. The cookie won't load, math won't happen.

(warning: big)

Tried ctrl-F5, tried clearing the cache, I'm not really sure what else to do. :cry:

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 2, 2013

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

You get what you pay for.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Uh so I decided to try my hand at red cookies and the 4th one was a cookie chain and yeah I just made my last AC + the upgrade and a couple of the 25% cookies. Hot drat that is nice. The meantime is kinda boring because you basically lose all the cookies you earn in between to clots and ruins but :stare: that was a shitload of cookie.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Leadthumb posted:

Sounds like you just like white chocolate. Red velvet is gross, shameful imitation of chocolate, a putrid relic left over from world war 2 rationing. I'm sorry your taste buds don't work, or that you don't know any better. If there was something I could do to fix you, and everyone else who agrees with you, I would.

White chocolate isn't even real chocolate, it's bullshit. It's 10 times more offensive than red velvet, which is delicious, and contains cocoa.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dieting Hippo posted:

Those aren't red velvet homie

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

RyokoTK posted:

Tried to update to the new version, and paid the price for my insolence. The cookie won't load, math won't happen.

(warning: big)

Tried ctrl-F5, tried clearing the cache, I'm not really sure what else to do. :cry:

Export your save, save the string in notepad, delete the cookie

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Shoeonhead22 posted:

Export your save, save the string in notepad, delete the cookie

Tried it, didn't help.

The point is to have more cookies, not fewer, anyway. :)

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

big mean giraffe posted:

White chocolate isn't even real chocolate, it's bullshit. It's 10 times more offensive than red velvet, which is delicious, and contains cocoa.

You've been preempted on this one:

EDIT: Also Ortiel linked a thing on the blog, figured it was decent enough to bring up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG0_olXLkKg

Oblivion4568238 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 2, 2013

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.
Just made 66 quadrillion cookies with the cookie chain, which is about 100 hours' worth of production. That was interesting. It might make red cookies better than golden ones during the endgame.

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption
What am I missing about the base 10 achievement? I have 10 antimatter's and then 20 time machines and so on but no achievement. Its late and I am sure its right in front of me.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Thea Dolorosa posted:

Just made 66 quadrillion cookies with the cookie chain, which is about 100 hours' worth of production. That was interesting. It might make red cookies better than golden ones during the endgame.

Not even close. Red cookies are still trash.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I got a cookie chain and was super excited until it stopped at 66 billion. :geno:

Can chains exceed your cookie stockpile now?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there a particular reason that Cookie Monster lists shipments as the worst possible building? I have 100 of them and they've got a CPI of 2.5 million. Are they really that lovely?

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Everything in Cookie Monster is relative. If shipments are red now, it's because there's better value to be had elsewhere. Once the value elsewhere dries up, it'll recommend buying shipments again.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Dieting Hippo posted:

That's not red velvet.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

This is when the cookie wars begin.

Leadthumb posted:

Kyrosiris posted:

Those are loving delicious. In fact, I will go eat one now.

big mean giraffe posted:

NickRoweFillea posted:

Those aren't red velvet homie

The people saw each other divided on dough products with confectioneries occasionally laced in. Cries of "They're not pure!" rang out among those in separate camps. Some saw the plain sugar cookie as the golden ideal, a flawless disc of perfection. Others preached the inclusion of fruit and were outcast from society.

It wasn't the foul green cookie that did us in. No, no one would touch it.

It was us. We are the cookie that ends the world.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I much prefer potato chips, anyway.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
No dungeons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Dieting Hippo posted:

It was us. We are the cookie that ends the world.
Hey Orteil, new building suggestion: Soylent Green generators.

Grondoth posted:

No dungeons?
Still in beta. He's still working out kinks and balancing its cookie-production rate.

• Locked thread