Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I think 50 chips (~1.3 Quadrillion cookies baked) is a good start for resets.

For people looking to reset the first time, make sure to snag any achievements you're really close to before you do for the milk/kitten bonus. If you're at 90+ portals/time machines, go for 100, if you can get Mathematician or Base 10 fairly quickly do those too. And have at least 1 quadrillion baked to get all 4 reset achievements in one fell swoop. Don't bother going for 100 condensers on your first run unless you like watching the game like a hawk for 4 days or idling for over a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Highest Cactus posted:

If you're on your first run, you'll probably be better off just resetting soon. It's not going to be long before you're waiting a day or two between things worth buying. My first reset was 125 Heavenly cookies, and I got back to where I was roughly in two days, and it still took me another few to hit 100 condensors

This isn't my first rodeo, I have 105 Heavenly Chips currently.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Patter Song posted:

This isn't my first rodeo, I have 105 Heavenly Chips currently.

I got my 100th with just a bit of perseverance and 129 chips, so it's not a horrible chore. If you have all the other achievements and upgrades (sans the 100 condenser and 240 cursor upgrades) you should be able to get the last 10 by diligently watching for golden cookies. Just make sure to stay above your Frenzy+Lucky threshold, then once you're at 98 just build up a mere 7.6 quad, buy the last two and you're good (to reset and do it all over again).

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Finally

Been sitting on 302 chips for few couple days.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Afro posted:

Finally

I have 317 now, 1000 is my reset goal. These super awesome cookie chains will lead me to glory.

I say as I get my third ruin in a row :shepface:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Afro posted:

Finally

768,611 Heavenly chips.
Get with the times, chump.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Only 2,222 golden cookies for the last achievement..... Kill me.

Dieting Hippo posted:

I have 317 now, 1000 is my reset goal. These super awesome cookie chains will lead me to glory.

I say as I get my third ruin in a row :shepface:

Cookie chains are no longer super-awesome. IIRC the most you can get is equivalent to about 2.5 lucky/frenzies and that's the best case. You'll have better luck going for lucky/frenzy combos.

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!

Gangringo posted:

Cookie chains are no longer super-awesome. IIRC the most you can get is equivalent to about 2.5 lucky/frenzies and that's the best case. You'll have better luck going for lucky/frenzy combos.
They still are pretty awesome, going up to 66 quadrillion at max, which is around 10 lucky/frenzies for me at 2000 heavenly chips.

The chance of getting the max chain is rather low tho, I'd probably get those 10 easily between the 66 quad chains.

Of course, running 7 tabs at once and sniping red cookies from them ups that chance a lot :ninja:

Orv
May 4, 2011
...What the hell is wrong with you people? :psyboom:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Inzombiac posted:

768,611 Heavenly chips.
Get with the times, chump.

I'm at 20K Heavenly chips, the version with the unlimited cookie chains was a little OP I think.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Orv posted:

What you don't like cookies?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

What you don't like cookies?

I'm worried I might like them too much.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Orv posted:

That's a hole with no bottom.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

LibbyM posted:

Am I missing something in the beta, or is there no way to turn off automatic movement in the dungeon? I feel like I'm having to fight with my character to get them to do what I want.

Open the console on your browser and paste in the following;
Game.Objects.Factory.dungeon.auto = 0
and hit enter. Bam, no more stupid auto-explore.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

How useful is it to keep your banked cookies above the Lucky! threshold Cookie Monster advises?

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!

Party Boat posted:

How useful is it to keep your banked cookies above the Lucky! threshold Cookie Monster advises?
If you don't click golden cookies, not at all.

If you do, it's extremely useful to maximize profits from them.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
I think I'm missing something. How the hell am I supposed to be able to afford these upgrades? Also I have no idea what these chips and things you guys are talking about. I don't have any of those. Just at 380m cps right now

also: how do I please the borg grandmas? Bought One Mind but not sure what's up with it

washow fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Oct 7, 2013

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Buy more upgrades. The Bingo Center creates new ones every 30 minutes. Do not buy Elder Covenant unless you're a wimp.

AnonSpore posted:

Frenzy and click frenzy and I still didn't have enough to buy my next condenser. :negative:

Click faster.

Enable MouseKeys and hammer keypad 5 and keypad + during a Clicking Frenzy :buddy:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I take back everything bad I said about cookie chains, I got a 66 quadrillion one and all was good.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I just got my first chain and it stopped at 666mil or something despite me not missing a single one, what?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I just got my first chain and it stopped at 666mil or something despite me not missing a single one, what?

After five chains there's a chance it just ends. You have to be real lucky to get to the trillion/quadrillion ones.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Is there a difference between Grandmapocalypse cookie chains and regular cookie chains?

If not, there should be!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hakkesshu posted:

After five chains there's a chance it just ends. You have to be real lucky to get to the trillion/quadrillion ones.

Oh. That's lame

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Hakkesshu posted:

I just got a Cookie Chain during a Frenzy for the first time, but it didn't multiply by 77. :( Ended at 666 million, too.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Well, I'm really seeing the effects of these chips now. I have to keep 11 quad around just to get my lucky/frenzies and I got to 100 condensers and the upgrade awfully fast. I don't think I'll ever get to sextillion fingers but I really want to see how good it is before I reset. I guess I'll just see if I can do that with what I have banked when I get home today before I reset.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Getting to 240 cursors is roughly 38 quadrillion more than 200 cursors, it's ridiculously expensive and doesn't do much.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Yeah gently caress it then. I think I'm gonna go with an earlier poster's advice and just start resetting every time I've doubled my all time forfeited cookies.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Does resetting reset the golden cookie upgrades too? Getting the clicks for the upgrades is absolutely the worst, and they're the main late game income.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
You lose the upgrades, but not your golden cookie clicks. You can buy them all again after clicking one golden cookie.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Red Metal posted:

You lose the upgrades, but not your golden cookie clicks. You can buy them all again after clicking one golden cookie.

I guess I'm good to do my first reset at 127 chips then? I can't be bothered to go for the last 18 condensers yet. Maybe I'll grab the last few grandmas up to 200.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

washow posted:

I think I'm missing something. How the hell am I supposed to be able to afford these upgrades? Also I have no idea what these chips and things you guys are talking about. I don't have any of those. Just at 380m cps right now

also: how do I please the borg grandmas? Bought One Mind but not sure what's up with it

There's a lot of endgame talk going on in the thread, you can safely ignore it on your first run. In short, there's a prestige system built into the game and resetting your progress activates it.
For now, just buy more buildings as you can afford them to increase your CpS. Don't completely ignore the cheaper buildings, either. And if you see a golden cookie appear, click it. They give bonus cookies.

MooCowlian posted:

I guess I'm good to do my first reset at 127 chips then? I can't be bothered to go for the last 18 condensers yet. Maybe I'll grab the last few grandmas up to 200.

Go for it. Grab those grandmas for the achievements and reset.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I had a second 66 quadrillion cookie chain, was going to reset to get over 1k chips. But if I leave Cookie Clicker running for too long I don't get the reset pop-up so I have to reload before resetting.

I forgot to wait for the autosave :negative:

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

nimby posted:

I forgot to wait for the autosave :negative:

You do know there's a manual save function right?

EDIT: vv Then I am very sorry. :(

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 7, 2013

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Ramengank posted:

You do know there's a manual save function right?

Yeah, but the button didn't work. Probably something with NoScript and having the window open for 6 hours :(

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sometimes the Grandmas smile upon you. Got 2000 Heavenly Chips last night :stare:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

MooCowlian posted:

I reset right around that much. I got to 100 condensers on the following run, and in hindsight should have just reset again around 300 and done it that way.

When I get home today I should be at about 600. At what point do you start getting back to 100 condensers + upgrade in a dayish? It took me 3 days this time around at 400.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Around 500 for me. That's clicking most golden cookies and saving up for lucky and frenzied lucky at the right times though.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 7, 2013

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

Around 500 for me. That's clicking most golden cookies and saving up for lucky and frenzied lucky at the right times though.

Well I spend about 16 hours working or sleeping and that's all idle time, and I'll reset right when I get home and kind of power through it for a while. If I'm derping and watching a show or something I'll get most of the cookies, but a lot of times I'm playing dota or cooking or going to the store or something else.

I mean cookies are important but I'm not THAT far gone yet.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I use cookie monster so it's possible to do other things without missing many golden cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Four condensers to go until I hit 100 and can reset...

• Locked thread